Aaron Ramsey

My Arsenal save is now in 2017, and his attributes are phenomenal. For some reason, however, I can't seem to get the most out of him -- his average rating hovers around low-7's, he's almost never the man of the match, doesn't score, and gets very few assists. I use him in a 4-3-3 with a flat 3 in midfield, two wingers and a striker. Of my 3 MC's, he is set as an advanced playmaker (alternating between support and attack). My team has been playing extremely well for several seasons now, and my other mids always seem to do great things at Ramsey's position (Wilshere, Thiago, Alan Dzagoev, etc.). What's up with this guy? His attributes look like he should be the next Iniesta or Xavi, but he sure doesn't act like it on the pitch.

Recently I'm trying to retrain him as an AMC. I've slightly altered my formation to use an AMC instead of the MC AP, so while he trains up I use him at one of the two MC slots and set him to swap position with the AMC. My thinking here is that maybe if he's farther forward he'll be more involved in the attack...

What have people done to get him involved?

Archived