Assymetric 4-4-2 - Great Results!

First of all, this tactic was not made by me, I downloaded it from FM-Korea and just made some tweaks (mainly tackling and set pieces), so all the credit go to the original author.

That said, this is the formation:

formationu.jpg

I haven't played a lot with this tactic, as I'm curently playing several saves at once with various different tactics, but in the tests I made the results were great, plus the tactic seems to be highly recommended in FM-Korea, so I thought it was worth sharing.

Here are some results with my Stoke save in 2013:

chelsean.jpg

mancitym.jpg

sunderlandq.jpg

And here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7ak0aa1qy7pywdu

Some tips:

- Any tactic will work a lot better if you have a high reputation as a manager and so is able to motivate your players;

- Match preparation: Match preparation is very simple really, here is what I always do:

Workload: Very high until tactics are all fluid, after that, very low just to maitain the fluidity levels. There is no bonus in match performance from increased workload, so leave it always very low so that you don't take time away from training;

Special Focus: Teamwork until your players are "willing to die for each other", after that it's your choice. You can always use what your assistant suggests in the next opposition scout report.

could you put original link up please i cant find it here http://fmkorea.net/fm12tactic

edit found it http://fmkorea.net/17600935

Yes, thats the one. I didn't post the original link because it's hard to understand anything even with google translation.

Is this with the latest patch out?

Yes, but none of the patches had significative ME changes that would affect tactics. The problem with the latest patch is that it's now harder to motivate your players, unless your reputation is very high.

trying now with leeds first season,had good success when i bought the game with mr hough's swarm tactic then patch came out and it wouldnt work anymore,switched to fuss's skyrim tactic and same thing happened,almost threw my game disc across thr room but remembered id usewd steam to dwnload so would have been pointless,but this actually looks promising so ty for posting hopefully might save my 2012 career,at least until another patch i suppose

• 11 months later...

Guess who's back...back again...Marcelo's back...tell a friend...

couldn't have come out on a better day...the missus is out tonight...house to myself...I pray that this tactic works??? Fingers crossed toes crossed...everything crossed?!?

How is it for you Marcelo??

I didn't even remember that tactic, it was posted about a year ago, and I haven't played more than a few games with it. I will be very surprised if it works on FM13.

ps. I will be unable to acess this forum for the next 10 days or so...

HOly... lmao i downloaded the tactic to check it out and tell the feedback thinking this was new because it was bumped and so low post count :) just realized it was from 11, well for what is may count winning most matches with 3 goal diff with so far 7 matches 7 wins. Although with a pretty high caliber squad.

what can i tell?! i just plugged this in, and BANG BANG BANG, 21 games now 21 wins, 58 scored 8 conceded, im playing with Atletico Mineiro 1st Brasilian division, can post SS if u want :) think u should try it, at least to take some ideas from it, cuz i actualy dont like how the formation looks like, but is working!!

Hey James,I tried this last night & it works like a little treat!

The attacking play is fantastic, the passing is fluent & the wing play from the right winger is dynamic!

Apart from mr houghs feed me more for 13.1.1 this is definately the best tactic i'v played on 13.1.3! It's plug & play & I use team work for match prep & balanced/team cohesion for general training!

The only thing I'll say is that I've only used it for about 10 games so it is a bit of a knee jerk reaction but we could've stumbled across something pretty goooooooooood!

Right 4 games played 4 won. Not fluid at all as it is a new team I have joined. I am in league one and morale was low when I joined. 13 goals scored and 2 conceded.

Not many chances created and possession stats not the best, but it does the business in front of goal, seems very clinical.

Give it a whirl guys :)

yes its true, its not realy a CC's tactic, or about possession, its all about take the ball run upfront ,cross, pass, or shoot = GOAL ! another thing i noticed, is that the goals come from everywhere!! cross's down the flanks, clinical passes from midfielders, set pieces...

Hey James,I tried this last night & it works like a little treat!

The attacking play is fantastic, the passing is fluent & the wing play from the right winger is dynamic!

Apart from mr houghs feed me more for 13.1.1 this is definately the best tactic i'v played on 13.1.3! It's plug & play & I use team work for match prep & balanced/team cohesion for general training!

The only thing I'll say is that I've only used it for about 10 games so it is a bit of a knee jerk reaction but we could've stumbled across something pretty goooooooooood!

Thanks Ben, your always on hand for advice in these forums. Much appreciated!

This sounds awesome, hopefully your results keep up and we actually have stumbled onto a winner here. How is the tactic performing in terms of cccs and goals scored?

yes its true, its not realy a CC's tactic, or about possession, its all about take the ball run upfront ,cross, pass, or shoot = GOAL ! another thing i noticed, is that the goals come from everywhere!! cross's down the flanks, clinical passes from midfielders, set pieces...

Is the tactic completely fluid yet? Usually tactics tend not to create as many cccs and have as much possession when the tactic is not fluid...?!

Is the tactic completely fluid yet? Usually tactics tend not to create as many cccs and have as much possession when the tactic is not fluid...?!

yes its totaly fluid already, i get like 3/4 CC's a game, i love how my team dominates opposition, home and away...

So funny how an out of the blue fm12 tactic is great in fm13 1.3 patch when every one has difficulty making tactics, LMAO Test Save 24 W 2 D 1 L so far Prem, Chelsea.

It's very weird indeed. I am testing it myself, but can everyone else who is trying this post their results, because I can't help but think that this must be a fluke...

i just won everything possible in brasil with Atletico Mineiro with this tact, didnt do any tweaks at all, just plug and play...now i accepted a job in france, im going to play with Toulouse, they'r at 14th middle january, i wanna see if this also works here, and also if it can pull some places ahead!! :D

Used this tactic in my Sunderland save. I know that you can't judge a tactic by only one match, but.....

First match against Newcastle I won 3-1, with 10 shots (5 on target and 4 off, 6 ccc).

Played this match like 15 times, with all kind of tactics. Some I made with TC and others that I downloaded. Never won this match, perhaps I draw once or twice.

So I don't say this is working, but I'm very hopeful.

Absolute mental tactic, i advise everyone to download this right away!

totaly agree, actualy i already said that...should we maybe do a new thread? cuz i think a lot of people may think this is for fm12, which isnt wrong, but works better on fm13 :D i can say that i lost hope with fm13 and went back to fm12, but then when i saw this tact...WOW its just unbelievable. im not tactician brain, im trying to figure out why is that good, and try too implement this philosophy into another systems, 4-4-2 flat, 4-2-3-1 but without success, maybe someone can figure that out hopefully.

totaly agree, actualy i already said that...should we maybe do a new thread? cuz i think a lot of people may think this is for fm12, which isnt wrong, but works better on fm13 :D i can say that i lost hope with fm13 and went back to fm12, but then when i saw this tact...WOW its just unbelievable. im not tactician brain, im trying to figure out why is that good, and try too implement this philosophy into another systems, 4-4-2 flat, 4-2-3-1 but without success, maybe someone can figure that out hopefully.

Been putting off testing this as I wanted to see a view more reviews about the tactic, but now I'm totally convinced and am ready to start my new save.

After watching that documentary on "Mourinho" the other day, I'm dying to try and win the champions league with the 5 main footballing countries in Europe (Italy, England, Spain, Germany,Portugal)

I played with Wisla Krakow 30 played 26 won 2 drawn 2 losses... lost the final of the polish cup to legia (2-1 after extra time) but unlucky... so only 3 losses throughout the season.

In FM12 I used to dominate with them easily first season.. finally I managed to do the same I won the league 4 matches in hand!

Will let you know how I get on in CL next season, for me its the best tactic out there ... though I can't wait for the next patch cause this game is really tough!

Archived