Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

hmm i cant remember if i read somewhere that crags no longer uses the striker tweak, is this true? or are you both still using the striker tweak?
All i do is untick hold up ball & roam from position.

Good start to the Olympics..

costaricaunder23svniger.png

Was also offered the job at Shakhtar after winning the South American Champions League with Estudiantes, bear in mind when I was named manager it was only 4 days before my first game, the Super Cup against arch-rivals Dynamo Kyiv, so had no time to blend the tactic in, set up training or get new signings in and this happened..

dynamokyivvshakhtarstat.png

Complete annihilation of your arch-rivals in a cup? Perfect start to the season! Good job Fuss :thup:

Hate to say it FusS but i'm also guilty of staying with V2 & V2 hold out this season (with crags aggresive teamtalks). I'm still on for the league, Fa cup & champions league after a trophy less season the season before. You know people there afraid of change. Might try V3 next season so it's not disrupting me rhythm & it's good saving the game to try but i find it really tedious re-doing all the games again.

Where can I find this "v2 hold out" tactic?!

Here is my first season with Wolves:

englishpremierdivisiono.jpg

First half of the season I was using V2 and for the second half I was using the beta for V3. As you can see I have overachieved! I also won the FA cup which was great. Only problem I have had with this tactic(which is the same for ALL tactics) is the defense, no matter what happens in this FM it just seems impossible to not conceed a goal a game on average! Very frustrating, but still an excellent tactic, and with this only being a beta, i'm really looking forward to a full, more advanced version :)

Steve

Here is my first season with Wolves:

First half of the season I was using V2 and for the second half I was using the beta for V3. As you can see I have overachieved! I also won the FA cup which was great. Only problem I have had with this tactic(which is the same for ALL tactics) is the defense, no matter what happens in this FM it just seems impossible to not conceed a goal a game on average! Very frustrating, but still an excellent tactic, and with this only being a beta, i'm really looking forward to a full, more advanced version :)

Steve

Steve which version work better for you? I am still not sure which one is best

Euro Super Cup Final..

shakhtarvacmilaninforma.png

What black magic is this?!

Steve which version work better for you? I am still not sure which one is best

Both versions were good, but I did prefer the beta V3, my philosophy: Newer = Better ;)

Steve

Collzy - excellent results. What version did you use? Hopefully you'll have a very good season ahead of you!

Wes - interested to see how you cope with the different formations the AI throws at you. The tactic seems very up and down for me - excellent play, then narrow defeats. I'm trying the V3 which I think has MC on man mark - is that what you change (as per Fuss's recommendation) when you come up against an AMC? Or do you go specific man marking on him? My opponents seem to throw in an AMC and/or two deep lying DMC's and I struggle to hold any type of possession. The tactic clearly 'works' for the majority - I hope I can work out any small tweaks required to help my game.

Thanks

Collzy - excellent results. What version did you use? Hopefully you'll have a very good season ahead of you!

So far so good, 2 cups under my name already, and after 7 games in the league have a 100% record, 27 scored, 3 conceded. I only bought a regen keeper in, the rest of the team was the team the previous manager made, who retired, hence my appointment. Got drawn Real Madrid in the Champions League though, so that'll be the "real" ;) test I think..

I was using v2, unticked roam from position and hold up ball on both strikers, depending on the opposition formation depends on what I do regarding the central midfields marking, 1 CAM = 1 man mark, 2/3 CAM's (4-2-3-1 Narrow) I put both CMs on man marking. Using crag's team talks as well which surprisingly are highly effective. The tactic isn't even fully fluid yet!

Also I recommend signing people suited to the tactic, create some filters based on what the key attributes are for that position + role, it really does help, as I was using this with Estudiantes and didn't have quite this good results, but still won a lot regardless.

Hope that helps mate :thup:

Cheers Collzy.

It's hard to pinpoint where I struggle. I suppose I have to remind myself that I'm still a small team in a big league - but I've improved the squad so find it annoying that I struggle. Just played a cup game - battered them but conceded to their first attack of the half on 44 mins. Aggressive team talk, all fired up - and proceed to sit on the back foot for the rest of the game until they score. Playing a simple 4-4-2 as well.

Will try your midfield tips and see how it fairs for the rest of the season (and go back to V2)

Thanks again.

Cheers Collzy.

It's hard to pinpoint where I struggle. I suppose I have to remind myself that I'm still a small team in a big league - but I've improved the squad so find it annoying that I struggle. Just played a cup game - battered them but conceded to their first attack of the half on 44 mins. Aggressive team talk, all fired up - and proceed to sit on the back foot for the rest of the game until they score. Playing a simple 4-4-2 as well.

Will try your midfield tips and see how it fairs for the rest of the season (and go back to V2)

Thanks again.

Can I ask what team and reputation you started as? :)

Sure, my team is Sandhausen. I'm in my 2nd season in the German top flight, coming up from their third division. Can't recall my starting rep - but it is continental now.

In my first season I came third (top three teams had same points) and have won domestic cup two seasons running. Currently second, but a big 13 points behind.

I have used a number of tactics in my team - I suspect Mr Houghs got me promoted - but I really wanted a working two striker tactic.

MY frustration is that I have clearly over-performed - but despite investing and improving the team, I seem to be playing more inconsistent football. My best results have been with one striker tactics - but I'd dearly love to get this (or something similar) to work.

So far so good, 2 cups under my name already, and after 7 games in the league have a 100% record, 27 scored, 3 conceded. I only bought a regen keeper in, the rest of the team was the team the previous manager made, who retired, hence my appointment. Got drawn Real Madrid in the Champions League though, so that'll be the "real" ;) test I think..

I was using v2, unticked roam from position and hold up ball on both strikers, depending on the opposition formation depends on what I do regarding the central midfields marking, 1 CAM = 1 man mark, 2/3 CAM's (4-2-3-1 Narrow) I put both CMs on man marking. Using crag's team talks as well which surprisingly are highly effective. The tactic isn't even fully fluid yet!

Also I recommend signing people suited to the tactic, create some filters based on what the key attributes are for that position + role, it really does help, as I was using this with Estudiantes and didn't have quite this good results, but still won a lot regardless.

Hope that helps mate :thup:

I've done some here

Sure, my team is Sandhausen. I'm in my 2nd season in the German top flight, coming up from their third division. Can't recall my starting rep - but it is continental now.

In my first season I came third (top three teams had same points) and have won domestic cup two seasons running. Currently second, but a big 13 points behind.

I have used a number of tactics in my team - I suspect Mr Houghs got me promoted - but I really wanted a working two striker tactic.

MY frustration is that I have clearly over-performed - but despite investing and improving the team, I seem to be playing more inconsistent football. My best results have been with one striker tactics - but I'd dearly love to get this (or something similar) to work.

Might be a blending issue with your team if you've made signings, I only made one which was a keeper, so the team had already got used to each other by the time I'd arrived.

Latest result, Champions League first game, against Madrid away

rmadridvshakhtarinforma.png

What have you done to my game Fuss?!

Hi Cragswfc - I don't think the download still works.
OK cheers I'll re do a link

Player filters

All you do is download the filters and put them in Documents/Sports Interactive/FM12/Filters and then go to Filters in your game and load them in, If you don't have a Filter Folder in your FM12 File create one.

http://www.multiupload.co.uk/W4IX2MNZE4

Player filters

All you do is download the filters and put them in Documents/Sports Interactive/FM12/Filters and then go to Filters in your game and load them in, If you don't have a Filter Folder in your FM12 File create one.

Cheers Crags

I have started putting one of cm's to def mids against formations with an AMC (or 3) and it appears to be helping a bit, anyone else finding this?

sometimes in football, as in life, **** happens....

FCUnitedvCardiffInformation_Overview.png

You can't win um all, even when you clearly should have, now it;s about calling a meeting and picking them up. That's the real trick to this game, recovering from fluke results.

Early sings of the v3...3 is good only played hand full of games but so far so good fuss

Player filters

Hi Cragswfc,

The link is not working. Really interested to try them out.

Early sings of the v3...3 is good only played hand full of games but so far so good fuss

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

I've found the defensive very solid and dominating games - but there have been a couple of games where we just couldn't put the ball in the net (like the above). This is quite likely just a goal drought of my main striker, but lmk if you experience the same.

what match prep and team talks do you use mate?

Match prep for away always def. positioning, home games and heavily favourite I choose attacking movement, but most of the time def. positioning.

Team talks I use are the one FuSS mentioned in OP, they're really great and I realized a massive performance boost since using it. It's a bit harsh, but your players will gel onto it.

By the way I won my 2 finals 7-0 against Sampdoria in TIM Cup and 1-0 against Lyon in CL :thup:

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

I've found the defensive very solid and dominating games - but there have been a couple of games where we just couldn't put the ball in the net (like the above). This is quite likely just a goal drought of my main striker, but lmk if you experience the same.

I have same problem with my Wimbledon we dominating games but do not score

afcwimbledonvsunderland.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

afcwimbledonvtottenhams.png

I have same problem with my Wimbledon we dominating games but do not score.

I'm playing with the striker settings now - but it largely occurs after you've team has been doing very well, so it's just the result of other teams playing more defensively and marking your strikers tightly (like you would do to Aguero in real life).

A little more creative freedom for the forwards should help them find space in theory, I'll see what I come up with.

Fuss - have you had a look at Marcelo's 442 that's been uploaded? Apparently the forward play is very good, but struggles in defence - whereas I think your defence may be better? Perhaps you could borrow some ideas off each other and see what 442 you have left at the end?

I have not exactly done any testing - but I was battering AEK in a Euro Cup game, yet couldn't score. Changed to Marcelo's who nicked me a goal and then went back to yours to close the game out.

I've gone back to V2 and it feels more stable at present. Not sure if you know, but where your tactic was uploaded in FM Base - a tweaked version was released there also by Raiken. It seemed to bring the wingers more into play, but again not so consistent at the back for me. I guess that is the fine line that you face with tactics - finding that perfect balance. I know I can't - so good work to your tactic creators!

Thanks. The real madrid background on the post looks different to the one shown in the pack though. Do you also know what skin collzy is using...thanks?

Thanks. The real madrid background on the post looks different to the one shown in the pack though. Do you also know what skin collzy is using...thanks?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287289-FM12-minneapolisJon-s-Backgrounds-3-000-backgrounds These are the backgrounds I use, although when I last checked the site linked in that thread was down or something but if you're on Chrome you can access a cached copy of the page so you can still download them :thup:

Any PPM suggestions for v3?

I'm teaching strikers to place shots and considering move into channels for MR/ML, anything else?

My second season in premier league: Win premier league , Carlig cup and FA cup

barclayspremierleagueovf.png

jankarolanewsinbox.png

I am Wimbledon Legend :D

afcwimbledoninformation.png

Definitely I can say V3 works best for me I look forward to final version .)

Only one issue is very hard keep clean sheet for me

What kind of requirements do you have on your players?! I have problems with:

Strikers, Super fast or overall great

Wingers, Wingbacks or super dribble wingers?

Midfield, Def mid or box to box midfielders?

Somebody put a filter early on, but basically the attributes of a wingers have liked 10 ticks on the attributes....I mean what is the MAIN attributres of each position?!

Just hit mid-season with Shakhtar Dontesk and so far it's been fantastic or me..

League Table

ukrainianpremierleagueo.png

Results

shakhtardonetskfixtures.png

shakhtardonetskfixtures.png

More games

Double over Madrid.. http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8223/shakhtarvrmadridinforma.png

Game vs. one of Main Rivals.. http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5655/shakhtarvdniprostatsmat.png

Galatasaray Away http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9847/galatasarayvshakhtarsta.png

Rangers Away http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4139/rangersvshakhtarstatsma.png

Galatasaray Home http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1606/shakhtarvgalatasaraysta.png

Rangers Home http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9959/shakhtarvrangersinforma.png

Key players

Douglas Costa http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5276/douglascostaoverviewatt.png

Jordan Ayew http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3299/jordanayewoverviewprofi.png

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8363/pierreemerickaubameyang.png

Willian http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/124/willianoverviewattribut.png

Too easy. :applause:

Collzy is that v3?

v2 mate with what I posted in post #1010

What kind of requirements do you have on your players?! I have problems with:

Strikers, Super fast or overall great

Wingers, Wingbacks or super dribble wingers?

Midfield, Def mid or box to box midfielders?

Somebody put a filter early on, but basically the attributes of a wingers have liked 10 ticks on the attributes....I mean what is the MAIN attributres of each position?!

I use the filters to find players, they work perfectly well but if you find you're reducing the minimum values too much, try changing the "match attributes" from 10 to maybe 8 or 9 with the default values, you should still get some good players. I always prefer to go for the cheaper options as well rather than big stars but thats my own choice, although I've only signed a keeper for that Shakhtar team.

If you look at my screenshots of Ayew and Aubameyang they're both quick, but also rounded quite nicely and don't have any glaring weakness in their physical and technical attributes, so I'd say maybe a complete striker, but quick poacher type players should do just as well, but maybe not link the ball up as nicely.

My midfielders I have a more holding midfielder but still skilled with a football (Fernandinho) + Guarin is a more central midfielder, not so much a advanced playmaker but someone who can keep possession and play a killer pass when needed.

Wingers is an interesting one, as I've had success with both. When I was in charge of Estudiantes as there were better teams than me so I used wingbacks away from home, but with Shakhtar where I have Douglas Costa + Willian, both very good inside forwards, they're contributing nicely with goals + assists. It probably depends on the strength of your team and wether you're home or away.

Player requirements are in OP, you might want to read it.

We know, but it is not very detailed....

Player requirements are in OP, you might want to read it.

Have been inspired to start a save with chelmsford after reading through this thread. I have tried to follow cragswfc and wes's posts and will go with the following...tactic v2 with def change at 65-70 mins (i suppose change if winning by any margin). Untick roam and hold up from strikers. Have already loaded in filters provided by cragswfc. Only thing to decide is wether to use fuss or crags team talks located in this thread. Collzy, do you recommend you midfield marking changed depending on opp formation.

Any replies or confirmations are always appreciated...thanks

Have been inspired to start a save with chelmsford after reading through this thread. I have tried to follow cragswfc and wes's posts and will go with the following...tactic v2 with def change at 65-70 mins (i suppose change if winning by any margin). Untick roam and hold up from strikers. Have already loaded in filters provided by cragswfc. Only thing to decide is wether to use fuss or crags team talks located in this thread. Collzy, do you recommend you midfield marking changed depending on opp formation.

I don't do the striker tweak myself - it makes you concede a few more as the strikers don't track back as much; but you will also score more, it's a balance and I haven't tested it enough to definitely support it.

Collzy, do you recommend you midfield marking changed depending on opp formation.

Yes mate, 4-2-3-1 (Narrow) I have both CM's on man marking, anything with 1 CAM I have 1 CM on man marking, any formation with no CAM I just leave both on the default setting (zonal)

drum roll please.....dum dum dum da da dummmmm...

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2016/17 Season (5th Season)

Current Club: FC United.

Division: nPower Championship

Season: 2016/2017

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation.

Finish:

League = Winner

FA Cup = Semi Final

League Cup = 4th Round Replay

Season 5 Summary:

A much tougher season, had to continuously tweak my tactics and overhaul the team. Managed to Get Arsenal as a feeder club and got 3 very decent long-term loans from them which massively helped out.

38-wins, 7-draws, 1-loss; and a goal difference of +106.

League Table:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

The Squad (pics taken at end of season, so loans have gone):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedofManchesterSquad_Player-3.png

Our hero of the season was Hans Lykke:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/HansLykkeOverview_Profile.png

Season		Division	     Position	 Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Blue Square North   1st	   Champions
2012/13		FA Cup              n/a	   6th Round
2012/13		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner

2013/14		Blue Square Prem    1st	   Champions
2013/14		FA Cup              n/a	   5th Round Replay
2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Winner (retained)

2014/15		nPower League 2      1st	 Champions
2014/15		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2014/15		League Cup           n/a	 1st Round
2014/15		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner

2015/16		nPower League 1      1st	 Champions
2015/16		FA Cup               n/a	 6th Round
2015/16		League Cup           n/a	 3rd Round
2015/16		Paint Trophy         1st	 Winner (retained)

2016/17		nPower Championship       1st	 Champions
2016/17		FA Cup               n/a	 Semi Final
2016/17		League Cup           n/a	 4th Round Replay

So after moaning that I was conceding too many and wanting to test the v3, I have eventually returned to v2 and use Collzy's tweaks. For the record I got promoted from the Ryman D1S (level 8) with East Grinstead using v2 and then v2 failed to work for me in the Ryman Premier after initially starting ok. I tried v3 and although the first two results were better it then went rapidly downhill. I then left the Fuss tactics and went over to try Marcello's 4-4-2. Again initially it started ok and then went to pot. I returned to v2 and used the Collzy tweak and finished the season on a 6 match unbeaten run. This pre-season I have been thrashing teams including Charlton and Reading. It looks like I am going to have a good season.

Other than the tactic the main thing I have done differently are team talks and resting players if there are mid week games. Being a part time club my players were never fit enough for a midweek game and that was probably why I was doing so badly last season. I had to use a squad rotation system. Now I rest players for 2 days and they are then fit enough. I have done this through pre-season too. The teamtalks I am using are calm > no pressure/do it for fans. The reason for this is I am using 10/1 + even at home as our reputation is so low. I found the agressive talks left too many players unhappy. As the odds start to move in my favour I will go back to the aggressive talks.

So after moaning that I was conceding too many and wanting to test the v3, I have eventually returned to v2 and use Collzy's tweaks. For the record I got promoted from the Ryman D1S (level 8) with East Grinstead using v2 and then v2 failed to work for me in the Ryman Premier after initially starting ok. I tried v3 and although the first two results were better it then went rapidly downhill. I then left the Fuss tactics and went over to try Marcello's 4-4-2. Again initially it started ok and then went to pot. I returned to v2 and used the Collzy tweak and finished the season on a 6 match unbeaten run. This pre-season I have been thrashing teams including Charlton and Reading. It looks like I am going to have a good season.

Other than the tactic the main thing I have done differently are team talks and resting players if there are mid week games. Being a part time club my players were never fit enough for a midweek game and that was probably why I was doing so badly last season. I had to use a squad rotation system. Now I rest players for 2 days and they are then fit enough. I have done this through pre-season too. The teamtalks I am using are calm > no pressure/do it for fans. The reason for this is I am using 10/1 + even at home as our reputation is so low. I found the agressive talks left too many players unhappy. As the odds start to move in my favour I will go back to the aggressive talks.

Glas to hear it's working for you with some small adjustments - I'm always a big advocate of people tweaking my tactics to better suit their team.

Next beta version out tonight peeps :)

Fuss

Will the new beta be v3...3 or is it updated from that?

Steve