Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

Is the offside trap a must in fm12?

It's hard to say, ideally it's one of those things you should tweak according to the opposition. Particually fast strikers with good positioning and decision making can beat the offside causing all kinds of problems, but without the offside trap strong strikers can shrug off your defenders challenges.

Every option in FM has positives and negatives. In my opinion the offside trap works well with 4-4-2's as it helps to keep the tactical shape and stops your defenders dropping too deep - which is especially important for a slow/short passing tactic.

but if I were going to play a defensive/counter-attacking tactic then I probably wouldn't use an offside trap.

The beauty of FM is every setting affects every other setting, so you've gotta give it some careful thought.

What is the difference between V2. and V3?

See below

I had a quick look and the main difference is the centre backs. They are now set as defensive as they can be and the closing down is a tad less. Other than that, it looks very similar. The strikers are still set to hold up the ball and roam and the centre midfielders are set to man marking.

That's essentially right, there's some defensive changes and the MC's now man mark. All the set pieces have also been altered, so I'm very keen for feedback on corners and free-kicks.

hey fuss, just read your posts in the "dafuge`s fm12 challenge", and i must say i am blown away!

my question is therefor, how ecsactly do you alter FuSS V2 tactic to suit the team best? what do you see at first?

See my earlier post below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-Including-the-W-M-Formation

Post #12 onwards, Cleon talks about finding ways to exploit space and beat certain tactics, he takes you through the weakness of different formations and how to try and beat them. It's this kind of logic I like to use when playing a really tough long term game. Not for the faint hearted though.

Much appreciated.

Here are my results using new beta in first season with Wolves:

wolverhamptonwanderersf.jpg

Absolutely sexual Fuss!!! :) Only thing I will say is that i'm conceeding alot of goals, a bit too much than I would like, but it is a beta. Loving my Wolves game right now and will keep you posted on how the season finishes.

Oh and I have been scoring a good few goals from corners(which I love) and haven't been conceeding much at all from set pieces so all in all i'm a happy chappy!

Steve

Here are my results using new beta in first season with Wolves:

wolverhamptonwanderersf.jpg

Absolutely sexual Fuss!!! :) Only thing I will say is that i'm conceeding alot of goals, a bit too much than I would like, but it is a beta. Loving my Wolves game right now and will keep you posted on how the season finishes.

Oh and I have been scoring a good few goals from corners(which I love) and haven't been conceeding much at all from set pieces so all in all i'm a happy chappy!

Steve

Be great if you could post up your goal analysis so I can see where the goals are coming from - much appreciated.

also what formation did Liverpool use in that loss! Looks like a bit of a fluke, but all the same I'd be interested (nice to see you beat them 5-1 next time out).

Be great if you could post up your goal analysis so I can see where the goals are coming from - much appreciated.

also what formation did Liverpool use in that loss! Looks like a bit of a fluke, but all the same I'd be interested (nice to see you beat them 5-1 next time out).

...And it was away from home, similar to the first fixture. Kind of emphasises the point that the loss was a bit of a fluke!

Goal Times and Assist Locations:

28769603.jpg

Goal Types:

73582303.jpg

Goal Assists:

94585957.jpg

As for the Liverpool game, they used there standard 442, don't know why I got a hammering, but played them again in the cup and the score was reversed, must of been a freak result.

Steve

At the moment I'm working under the impression that the full-backs are conceding most of the goals. This could be curtailed by making them less attacking, but it would also cost the tactic some of it's attack, as generally the full-backs tend to spend a lot of time forward.

More people that can provide me with goal analysis so I can see where the opposition assist come from, more I can get a handle on things :)

Full-back mistakes are hard to spot - because it doesn't necessarily mean a cross, some beat then full-back and then cut inside to pass.....some beat the fullback quite far up the field and then run toward the centre.

There will also be goals from the central final field, you cant stop every through-ball and good striker, but we should be able to stop nearly all the goals from either side.

Its a tough one Fuss. While I do think a fair few goals conceeding are coming in from oppositions wingers, I still feel that the fullbacks do a really good job when attacking. For example my right back Foley has 7 assists, which I think is really good for a full back.

Steve

At the moment I'm working under the impression that the full-backs are conceding most of the goals. This could be curtailed by making them less attacking, but it would also cost the tactic some of it's attack, as generally the full-backs tend to spend a lot of time forward.

More people that can provide me with goal analysis so I can see where the opposition assist come from, more I can get a handle on things :)

Full-back mistakes are hard to spot - because it doesn't necessarily mean a cross, some beat then full-back and then cut inside to pass.....some beat the fullback quite far up the field and then run toward the centre.

There will also be goals from the central final field, you cant stop every through-ball and good striker, but we should be able to stop nearly all the goals from either side.

Something you could try on the fullbacks.

Go to the player Instructions and click on the left fullback, The click on the "Set to" instruction and choose Fullback, All his instructions will change but just copy the right fullbacks instructions on the the Left Fullback that you have changed till the left fullback is identical to the right, Now do this for the Right fullback.

It sounds strange but i have done it and noticed that my fullbacks do defend better and stay back more rather than bombing forward and losing position.

Something you can try Fuss

At work so can't try out but does V3 Beta still include two tactics to play against even and uneven teams or is it just 1 tactic to play against all?

Is there a quick key to rest the whole team rather than going into the players and rest one by one?!

I've found this very good

Rest all players for 2 days in between games

Rest all players for 1 day if the game is in 2 days.

Is there a quick key to rest the whole team rather than going into the players and rest one by one?!

Yep highlight all the players you want to by holding shift and then select rest xxx

Easy promotion from league one (V2)

npowerfootballleagueone.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From Championship (V3 BETA)

npowerfootballleaguecha.png

afcwimbledonteamreportg.png

btw: I never spend any penny only free transfer in championship and league one I play with same players incredible !!!

Something you could try on the fullbacks.

Go to the player Instructions and click on the left fullback, The click on the "Set to" instruction and choose Fullback, All his instructions will change but just copy the right fullbacks instructions on the the Left Fullback that you have changed till the left fullback is identical to the right, Now do this for the Right fullback.

It sounds strange but i have done it and noticed that my fullbacks do defend better and stay back more rather than bombing forward and losing position.

Something you can try Fuss

Wouldn't be the first odd thing in the tactics creators, I'll give it a look.

Always appreciate your thoughts Dave.

Will give the BETA ago, been finding FM12 frustrating this year, so much I reverted back to FM10 for a while with Mr Hough 10.3 Dominance.

Will start lower league and keep you updated with how it goes and post analysis on here.

Also good to see a fellow NCFC fan posting decent tactics on here!!

OTBC

feel a bit V3 is not as good as V2...V2 seems can get me scoring more...V3 doesn't....anyway may not be too constructive comment but just my feeling after 5 games of each tactcs

Is it just me, one of my central defenders get a red card every other match it seems.

Happens to me also...1 in 5 games, didn't happen in V2

Is it just me, one of my central defenders get a red card every other match it seems.

I have been testing the V3 for some games, with Chelsea in 2014. So far so good. It seemed like it was to leaky in the beginning, but it is better now when we have played some games. All though it's not fluid yet. I changed the match prep after some games, from high teamwork to avarage defensive positoning. Maybe thats the reason, but I don't know.

Here are some screenshots:

My 1.team:

jLVBlUfsZ1yaT.jpg

My 2.team:

jTlFIxA6rcxts.jpg

First 11 matches:

jbwz29E4j4wCTo.jpg

League table:

jbyoEMs11xvd4o.jpg

Fuss, do you not think the amount of goals scored from corners feels cheatish? The ME is horrible at defending the near post corners and I score buckets of them... A ludicrous amount!

I get extremely mixed results when using/not using the striker tweak (untick the HOLD UP BALL and ROAM instructions for the strikers) that i can't really figure out what's best.

Can you please share your experience?!?! Whenever i lose a game i am going mad thinking that i didn't chose the right approach.

Thank you.

I'd just do whatever crags and wes coulam are doing tbh! If not, go for the plug and play version which Fuss has recently uploaded - v3, which does not need to be altered apparently!

Hold down left mouse button were the tick is and drag it over them

I'd just do whatever crags and wes coulam are doing tbh! If not, go for the plug and play version which Fuss has recently uploaded - v3, which does not need to be altered apparently!
Yes me & wes are doing amazing with v2 and hold out tactic as well. I want to try v3 but darn't as I might start to upset my team lol

Yes me & wes are doing amazing with v2 and hold out tactic as well. I want to try v3 but darn't as I might start to upset my team lol

and on the 8th day God gave us save games...

and on the 8th day God gave us save games...
Ha ha love it

Ha ha love it

...and since then God has allowed evil to fester in the world...due to his addiction to Football Manager...

Hate to say it FusS but i'm also guilty of staying with V2 & V2 hold out this season (with crags aggresive teamtalks). I'm still on for the league, Fa cup & champions league after a trophy less season the season before. You know people there afraid of change. Might try V3 next season so it's not disrupting me rhythm & it's good saving the game to try but i find it really tedious re-doing all the games again.

Right chaps, I'm away for the rest of the bank holiday weekend - don't trash the place while I'm gone.

Any accidents - Wes is the emergency contact :p

Right chaps, I'm away for the rest of the bank holiday weekend - don't trash the place while I'm gone.

Any accidents - Wes is the emergency contact :p

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just got promoted with Crewe using JP Woody's tactic. Going to use this now in my Journey man save. Problem is- I have no idea who to buy now, i have no idea who is good in the lower leagues tbh :/

Also, surprisingly enough, crags team talks actually work to get the player fired up! it makes no sense but ah well!

BUT what do I do if all my players have reacted badly at the start of the match to my aggressive team talk?

Just finished my season after clinching the Premier League title with 99 Points this happened in the CL Final........

clfinal.png

is that v3 wes?

Nope that's V2 with Cragstyle ( Hold up ball or roam from position on strikers; Unticked) I also put Man Marking on one one of my CM's to combat the AMC in their 4-5-1.

I think it worked though ;) I was 3-0 up at HT i went aggressive upset 4 people but passionate i have faith left me with 9 happy players 2 upset but a team raring to go hence the mauling in the second.

Also, surprisingly enough, crags team talks actually work to get the player fired up! it makes no sense but ah well!

BUT what do I do if all my players have reacted badly at the start of the match to my aggressive team talk?

Where can i find Crags Team Talks. I looked around but no luck.

Thank you.

Where can i find Crags Team Talks. I looked around but no luck.

Thank you.

Page 9 i multi-quoted everything he said about team talks!

Do all of you have good pace/drib/acceleration for the wingers?! Sombody said havinng wingbacks are better?!....

And CM, do you guys play DM or average CM?!

I am getting good results but not as good as CRAG or Wes....

Just wanted to say thanks for V3 as it's working class for me.

Was going 34 games unbeaten with Inter until Lazio beat us 2-1 with 2 goals from my top motivated ex player :D

Also got the "Parked the Tank" achievement for going 10 games without conceding a goal. We were champions already at match day 32 of 38 and are also in TIM Cup final and Champions League final.

Was going 34 games unbeaten with Inter until Lazio beat us 2-1 with 2 goals from my top motivated ex player :D

Also got the "Parked the Tank" achievement for going 10 games without conceding a goal. We were champions already at match day 32 of 38 and are also in TIM Cup final and Champions League final.

what match prep and team talks do you use mate?

Nope that's V2 with Cragstyle ( Hold up ball or roam from position on strikers; Unticked) I also put Man Marking on one one of my CM's to combat the AMC in their 4-5-1.

I think it worked though ;) I was 3-0 up at HT i went aggressive upset 4 people but passionate i have faith left me with 9 happy players 2 upset but a team raring to go hence the mauling in the second.

hmm i cant remember if i read somewhere that crags no longer uses the striker tweak, is this true? or are you both still using the striker tweak?

Is that a friendly?

No friendly check overview oficial serie A league game .)

Just finished my season after clinching the Premier League title with 99 Points this happened in the CL Final........

clfinal.png

Nicely done.

Very nice, parked the tank is extremely hard to achieve, I don't know anyone that's got the 20 achievement yet (not even me or Hough). I don't like that SI count all games in a row...it should be 10 league games or something, might be easier that way!

10-0 In half time with V3 I never see this before in league match

barivvicenzainformation.png

Wow, even the best team in a league vs the worst that's still special, very nice. Oh and enjoy being on the front page :)