[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I knew why I can't get it to work so well. I find my defence gets opened up so easily and they aren't THAT bad! It struggles with an AMC (for me). Think I'll hold fire until I get to the end of the season and re-try it. I have lots of good strong midfielders too - so thought it would be quite solid. I'll keep the faith!

I wish I knew why I can't get it to work so well. I find my defence gets opened up so easily and they aren't THAT bad! It struggles with an AMC (for me). Think I'll hold fire until I get to the end of the season and re-try it. I have lots of good strong midfielders too - so thought it would be quite solid. I'll keep the faith!

Are you man-marking with the MC's on uneven tactics? AMC = need man marking.

I hate to do this but do you know when you'll be uploading v2.5? For the record I started at level 8 with East Grinstead. We had a good season getting promoted to the Ryman Premier although we shipped a lot of goals. This season I am shipping too many and not scoring enough. I could really do with v2.5 or an idea on the defensive tweaks to try.

I'm usually a bit of a tactic whore but have to admit that I am hooked on this one and know it'll come good in the end.

lmfao - check the year and date, season 1, bit of a fluke, but fun!

NorwichvManCityStats_MatchStats.png

Wow. Nice win man.

I think after finishing my 10th season with Dortmund and hopefully winning my 9th CL and 9th Bundesliga title in a row I will give a lower league save game a chance and try your tactic with it.

Really looks awesome and I haven't had a good 4-4-2 for ages.

Wow. Nice win man.

I think after finishing my 10th season with Dortmund and hopefully winning my 9th CL and 9th Bundesliga title in a row I will give a lower league save game a chance and try your tactic with it.

Really looks awesome and I haven't had a good 4-4-2 for ages.

happy to see ur alive n kicking buddy, been a while!

UPDATE:

Just debating the merits of man-marking vs zonal marking for centre backs, it's a very tough choice.

Basically man-marking picks up strikers that go through the middle better.

Zonal marking picks up crosses better and makes better use of the offside trap (as players hold their position).

If I'm honest I prefer zonal against 442s and man against single strikers, but I'm trying to pick a favourite so you don't have to :)

Can't you have one CB on man and the other zonal, and make the MM one play a little ahead of the zonal one?

Completely mucks up the offside trap as the CB's don't stay in line.

Looks like I'm going Zonal but with less mentality and closing down, seems to have done the trick.

V3.0 BETA is on the front page.

I'm very busy with work right now, so I'll release this as is.

I'd appreciate constructive feedback - i.e. post up your game analysis and describe any goals leaked.

I'd appreciate constructive feedback - i.e. post up your game analysis and describe any goals leaked.

Thanks Fuss. Do you think this works against all formations or do you still advise changing to man marking against single strikers?

I've found this very good

Rest all players for 2 days in between games

Rest all players for 1 day if the game is in 2 days.

Cragswfc to do this do you have to do each player or schedule in turn, I am using the furious training and my players are all over the place.

Cragswfc to do this do you have to do each player or schedule in turn, I am using the furious training and my players are all over the place.

No you can right click a players then go to squad and then training there you will find an option for resting a player up to three days.

You can also do this to your entire starting eleven by either selecting multiple players with shift or ctrl.

No you can right click a players then go to squad and then training there you will find an option for resting a player up to three days.

You can also do this to your entire starting eleven by either selecting multiple players with shift or ctrl.

OK thanks very much

I'll probably get round to testing it after my current season. Didn't win anything last season so really determined to take back the premiership so don't want tochop tactics mid season through. As always I think your V2 is that good;it's going to be hard to top.

are you guyes playing the 4231 or the flat 442,? i see that there are two tactics in the OP and wondering witch one you use?

and witch one i should use.:)

They are both 442, one is better AGAINST uneven tactics, one is better AGAINST even tactics.

Try v3 BETA out, it's plug and play. Although I'm still working on it :)

Thanks Fuss. Do you think this works against all formations or do you still advise changing to man marking against single strikers?

v3 should be able to deal with anything

Hello fuss, the tactic of setting V3 are the same as for the V2,

OI no

preparation match: Movements defensive

thanks hello

He said.. ........ post #940

Yes all the same.

I'm using that. But say i play sat and got a match wed the players from 1 to 11 and the subs i rest them all

What is the difference between V2. and V3?

I had a quick look and the main difference is the centre backs. They are now set as defensive as they can be and the closing down is a tad less. Other than that, it looks very similar. The strikers are still set to hold up the ball and roam and the centre midfielders are set to man marking.

hey fuss, just read your posts in the "dafuge`s fm12 challenge", and i must say i am blown away!

my question is therefor, how ecsactly do you alter FuSS V2 tactic to suit the team best? what do you see at first?

Is the offside trap a must in fm12?

It's hard to say, ideally it's one of those things you should tweak according to the opposition. Particually fast strikers with good positioning and decision making can beat the offside causing all kinds of problems, but without the offside trap strong strikers can shrug off your defenders challenges.

Every option in FM has positives and negatives. In my opinion the offside trap works well with 4-4-2's as it helps to keep the tactical shape and stops your defenders dropping too deep - which is especially important for a slow/short passing tactic.

but if I were going to play a defensive/counter-attacking tactic then I probably wouldn't use an offside trap.

The beauty of FM is every setting affects every other setting, so you've gotta give it some careful thought.

What is the difference between V2. and V3?

See below

I had a quick look and the main difference is the centre backs. They are now set as defensive as they can be and the closing down is a tad less. Other than that, it looks very similar. The strikers are still set to hold up the ball and roam and the centre midfielders are set to man marking.

That's essentially right, there's some defensive changes and the MC's now man mark. All the set pieces have also been altered, so I'm very keen for feedback on corners and free-kicks.

hey fuss, just read your posts in the "dafuge`s fm12 challenge", and i must say i am blown away!

my question is therefor, how ecsactly do you alter FuSS V2 tactic to suit the team best? what do you see at first?

See my earlier post below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-Including-the-W-M-Formation

Post #12 onwards, Cleon talks about finding ways to exploit space and beat certain tactics, he takes you through the weakness of different formations and how to try and beat them. It's this kind of logic I like to use when playing a really tough long term game. Not for the faint hearted though.

Much appreciated.

Archived