[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

Just man marking on the CMs not the specific players

Thanks all credit goes to FuSs though i just toned down some sliders & unticked FWR on the wingers.

Amazing season there FuSS, did you sign any of the players i PMd? 6th round of the FA cup is absolutely sick! What are your finances like? You still using your tweaked version? Im mixing it up with that / V2 & V2 holdout.

Another Mariner:D , Hearn banged over 40 me first two seasons then went to Leeds for 500k (Judas) He's quality IRL though saw him on new years day V Lincoln when we won 3-0.

I had a brief read of this yesterday particularly the different formations & just the general approach to individual training started to play around with individual settings on players now :)

Struggling to accommodate Gotze (51 Million) in my team though put him as the AML with max creative freedom just played his first 8.0 he struggled in the centre of the park you get any recommendations for accommodating godlike players like Gotze particularly individual settings.

Good to see another fellow Mariner on the forum and enjoying this tactic with them! For someone who's scored 60+ goals I've had no interest in him at all so far. Quality player in real life too, hopefully there'll be more of the same next season! I've started a mini squad re-building by getting rid of a few who I don't think will be good enough for League 2 and got off to a winning start away from home so looking forward to getting back on it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks this tactic only works due to the corner "bug", if you put corners on normal , this does not produce the goals.

it´s the same with mr Houg´s tactic , the goals from corners are making this tactic great, but average when not using it.

Am I the only one who thinks this tactic only works due to the corner "bug", if you put corners on normal , this does not produce the goals.

it´s the same with mr Houg´s tactic , the goals from corners are making this tactic great, but average when not using it.

Hmmmm....? Is this true :(

well I tested fuss , and without the corner where everyone is lurking outside, you can get any player to score 20 goals a years standing alone on front post.

so if you take the 20 goals out of this tactic , you are really losing 10 points each year

Actually it doesn't use the corner bug, the corner bug involves having your best header stand on the near post. I instead set the fast striker to attack the near post - this is still very effective but is not the so called corner bug. It seems if you try and have an effective corner set-up these days it's automatically called a corner bug.

If you actually read the thread you'll note that the vast majority of people report plenty of goals from both Strikers, MC's and wingers....if it were all down to corners then only one player would be scoring.

Please try to read and be constructive with your posts, or perhaps share your own tactic?

I reckon we'll see FuSStidious v3.0 on Monday. Massive props to Wes whom has been hugely helpful so far.

The current version that's with testers actually uses a 4-1-1-2-2 and has been with testers for several weeks. Hough has just released something very similar, so I'm going to do a little more work to keep it as a flat 4-4-2, it's the favourite English formation after-all.

I reckon we'll see FuSStidious v3.0 on Monday. Massive props to Wes whom has been hugely helpful so far.

The current version that's with testers actually uses a 4-1-1-2-2 and has been with testers for several weeks. Hough has just released something very similar, so I'm going to do a little more work to keep it as a flat 4-4-2, it's the favourite English formation after-all.

Thanks FuSS :D - Will your V3 be the same version i'm testing?

I've been having a lot of joy with giving the left winger who cuts inside a max'd out creative freedom. Seems to be dominating games for me even more but than it is Mario Gotze there so he can kind of impact.

Below is the result of flicking from V3 to V2

gggsn.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For people after pure plug & play V3 (when it's on general realease) at home & V2 away works a dream.....

Just completed my second season with FC United. Another promotion. League 2 will be a different story as it's the first professional league, there's full-time staff and full-time players to consider, not to mention possibly monumental wage rises.

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2013/14 Season (2nd Season)

Current Club: FC United.

Division: Blue Square Premier

Season: 2013/2014

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation.

Finish:

League = Winner

FA Trophy = Winner

FA Cup = 5th Round Replay

Season 2 Summary:

Another phenomenal success, we romped home to win the league with 37wins, 9 draws, 0 loss. With a goal difference of +117.

League Table: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages.png

Had another decent FA Cup run. We drew with Everton in the 5th round, before being knocked out in the 5th round replay.

Match: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvEvertonInformation_Overview.png

We also retained the FA trophy, with a 6-0 victory in the final.

Match: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedvForestGreenInformation_Overview.png

We transferred quite a few very good players in and kept the squad large and working hard.

Transfers: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/FCUnitedTransfers_History.png

Season		Division	     Position	 Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Blue Square North   1st	   Champions
2012/13		FA Cup              n/a	   6th Round
2012/13		FA Trophy           1st	   Champions

2013/14		Blue Square Prem    1st	   Champions
2013/14		FA Cup              n/a	   5th Round Replay
2013/14		FA Trophy           1st	   Champions

well done fuss your too good at this game

cheers, unfortunately all my top players want silly wages i can't dream of for full-time contracts. So looks like yet another rebuilding job in league 2.

Fuss

Do you think you will still be able to keep it solid at the back after you change the formation to a flat 442?

Steve

Bobby Knight was definately succesful with that approach, USMC as well :)

Indeed, also one Sire Alex Ferguson is famed for that kind of approach, apparently it keeps the players 'hungry', David Moyes is also thought to be very aggressive with his players.

You using it with out any tweaks?

I tweak a lot per game, but to be honest there's a very simple default that will help a lot of people:

When playing a 'even' tactic (i.e. a 442 or a 4222) I use FuSSstidious V2.

When playing an 'uneven' tactic (i.e. 4231 or a 41221) I use FuSSstidious V2 - MC/MAN.

Both of these are now on the front page.

Fuss

Do you think you will still be able to keep it solid at the back after you change the formation to a flat 442?

Steve

Yes and no, it's tough to be tight in FM12 without a DM, but I'll likely keep the MC's on man marking and slightly alter the back 4 to try and pick up any runners and reduce space.

front page updated with slightly tweaked man-marking version of the tactic:

When playing against an 'even' tactic (i.e. a 442 or a 4222) I use FuSSstidious V2.

When playing against an 'uneven' tactic (i.e. 4231 or a 41221) I use FuSSstidious V2 - MC/MAN.

I tweak a lot per game, but to be honest there's a very simple default that will help a lot of people:

When playing an 'uneven' tactic (i.e. 4231 or a 41221) I use FuSSstidious V2 - MC/MAN.

Both of these are now on the front page.

what's the differers between them?

Read! ;)

And that gives an answer about what exactly is the difference between those two? No it doesn't. ;) It only gives some insight about which to use when..

And that gives an answer about what exactly is the difference between those two? No it doesn't. ;) It only gives some insight about which to use when..

I think that the big difference is that MCs are set to Man Marking (indicated: "MC/MAN") - don't know if FuSS has altered anything else :)

Read! ;)

well that does not answer my question though does it. no!!

Obviously the 4-4-2 it's not what Real Madrid plays, but after watching "El Classico" this afternoon, it think this tactic resembles Real Madrid's style very much. Fluid, fast and aggressive football.

Other then the off-topic chat, thank you FUSS and KUTGW.

arsenal.jpg

Liverpool.jpg

Well Fuss, continuing my Pentagon Challenge (anyone who likes a good challenge, take a look at this, most fun I've had on FM for a while) and got offered a job at Estudiantes in Argentina. When I took over they were 20th, rock bottom of the league with 8 games left. I used the 3 tactics in the OP when appropriate and these are the results..

Final Fixtures

estudiantesdelaplatafix.png

Final League Table

argentinepremierdivisio.png

I also have this little gem at my club who has been on fire since I took over..

diegogodoyoverviewattri.png

Good work Fuss, hopefully I can build on a positive end to the season and be up there challenging next season! One thing I did notice is in Argentina there are a lot of skillful forwards, and often because the two central defenders are on tight marking they just turn them and have a clear run towards goal.. should I turn tight marking to no or just keep it as it is?

KUTGW Fuss :thup:

Only at 65-75 minutes!

Amazing league performance there! Do you recommend just using Hold out tactic all the time?

Im toying around with 3 different variations at the moment.

I not totally sure some game are really tight but it deferentially makes the defence better

The first time had him at club would not be possible if dint have this tactic to make me good.

cragswfcnewsinbox2.png

cragswfcnewsinbox3.png

Uploaded by Crag Swfc with ImageShack.us

OMG! That is sick! i Always want Messi or Ronaldo but it's so hard to get them! I've got Gotze on mine (51 Million) struggling to get a performance from him.

OMG! That is sick! i Always want Messi or Ronaldo but it's so hard to get them! I've got Gotze on mine (51 Million) struggling to get a performance from him.
I was looking at him to be my right winger. Were you playing him?

I was looking at him to be my right winger. Were you playing him?

Tried the centre but tweakign the tactic for him (more CF, mixed passing, mixed runs) Also tried him on the left & right wing with no joy. He's averaging over 7.0 but a player of that class i want 7.5+ hopefully he will do better in his second season.

tink.png

Told you i was flicking between 3 tactics :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@Wes

three tactics? Where is the third? lol

Also, when do you use each of them?

The third is V3 i've been trialling it out and trying to tinker to get better results aswell (mostly unsuccesful; Fuss is a far better Tactician than i)

V2 - striker tweak

V2 - Hold out

V3 - Against teams im expecting to win/most home games

V2 - Striker tweak Away/Against top teams @ home

V2 Hold out - Away against big teams/ last 65/70 mins.

Although if i downloaded the latest two from the OP i'd have four Both V2's / V3 / Holdout

It really is trial and error and also check the oppositions formation & morale if im facing a top team away and they have poor morale i'll go V3 & aggressive team talk.

Fuss

Are you still on track to release v3 of this tactic on Monday?

Steve

Didn't you ask that a few posts up? Give FuSS time he will respond to all when he gets time :thup:

The good results continue, good start to the season with Estudiantes rotating between the 3 tactics in the OP winning every game except 1, which was a draw, where my strikers thought it'd be a better idea to see how many members of the croud they could pick off rather than scoring a goal.. At work at the moment but will post more screenshots when I get home and complete a bit more of the season. The only formation which has caused a slight problem is a 3-4-1-2 that gets played in Argentina a bit, it can be quite hard to defend against but the attacking threat outweighs it and usually get "Kevin Keegan style scorelines" in these games.

Also, recorded Nigeria's biggest ever win in history with a 10-0 win, Ighalo also broke the Nigeria scoring record, and with a young newgen with 18 pace causing complete havoc this tactic is bossing everything.

Brilliant work Fuss :thup:

Could someone answer this though please.. One thing I did notice is in Argentina there are a lot of skillful forwards, and often because the two central defenders are on tight marking they just turn them and have a clear run towards goal.. should I turn tight marking to no or just keep it as it is?

Hey all.

Nice to see the tactic is still flying for so many of you.

I've been working hard on v3, but every-time I hit difficulty i go back to v2 and just find it better balanced. It's proving tough to make it constantly better!

I've got a day off today, so I'll see what I can come up with.

Hey all.

Nice to see the tactic is still flying for so many of you.

I've been working hard on v3, but every-time I hit difficulty i go back to v2 and just find it better balanced. It's proving tough to make it constantly better!

I've got a day off today, so I'll see what I can come up with.

Been doing the same my self! Picking the right game for V3 is vital as it can destroy teams but sometimes slip up too!

I also find the Hold Out version is really good for those hard away days just used it for the full game against Man U in the Champions League Quarter Final (Won 2-0)

Fuss: Do you have any advice tips for getting the most out of creative god like players (i.e Messi/Gotze) i've been toying with settings letting Gotze do what he wants (think of CR7 at Man U no defending just do what he wants) But AV.R wise i'm not happy with him. You get any advice or good slider settings to get the most out of this guy?

Been doing the same my self! Picking the right game for V3 is vital as it can destroy teams but sometimes slip up too!

I also find the Hold Out version is really good for those hard away days just used it for the full game against Man U in the Champions League Quarter Final (Won 2-0)

Fuss: Do you have any advice tips for getting the most out of creative god like players (i.e Messi/Gotze) i've been toying with settings letting Gotze do what he wants (think of CR7 at Man U no defending just do what he wants) But AV.R wise i'm not happy with him. You get any advice or good slider settings to get the most out of this guy?

With the hold out version do you un-tick roam from position and hold up ball or do you just leave it as it is? I've never been sure about this..

Archived