Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 FINAL || FLAT 4-4-2 • • •

I'm really enjoying my time with FC united. Our finances are now brilliant, we got to the 5th round of the FA cup! Got knocked out by Southampton (whom then beat Arsenal in the next round - so no hard feelings). We're also into the final of the FA Trophy and I fully expect promotion to the BSP at the first time of asking.

It's also the best board I've ever had, I've asked 3 times this season for the percentage of transfer revenue to be increased, and they've increased it every time! it's 95% now (started at 45%), which is brilliant for a BSN club, they've also upgrading the training and youth facilities, and increased my coaching allowance. Love um!

Back to back promotion, not bad for a non-league club. BSP here we come :)

I'm really enjoying my time with FC united. Our finances are now brilliant, we got to the 5th round of the FA cup! Got knocked out by Southampton (whom then beat Arsenal in the next round - so no hard feelings). We're also into the final of the FA Trophy and I fully expect promotion to the BSP at the first time of asking.

It's also the best board I've ever had, I've asked 3 times this season for the percentage of transfer revenue to be increased, and they've increased it every time! it's 95% now (started at 45%), which is brilliant for a BSN club, they've also upgrading the training and youth facilities, and increased my coaching allowance. Love um!

Back to back promotion, not bad for a non-league club. BSP here we come :)

Great Job FuSS! Whats the fan base like with them? 5th Round with a BSN team is a great feat though! What's your league looking like? The board does sound really good! Although the more money in the bank the nicer the board is (i guess?) with your FA cup run i bet your financies are sick! I've just had my first upgrade on training & youth in my 5/6th season with Grimsby and your hitting in your first. Sounds like your tearing it up!

Tactic still going strong for me in Second season in the premiership won 11 in a row; got my first challenge next though Arsenal.

Fuss, what do you class as a poor performance? Like what ranges?

And also, what would i do instead in this situation:

Im up 2-0 at half time at home against Sunderland > Cautious > Don't get complacent > but 3 of my players became angry despite playing well > (on those 3 players individual team talk) Passionate > Pleased > But then they all lost focus

did i do something wrong?

Fuss, what do you class as a poor performance? Like what ranges?

And also, what would i do instead in this situation:

Im up 2-0 at half time at home against Sunderland > Cautious > Don't get complacent > but 3 of my players became angry despite playing well > (on those 3 players individual team talk) Passionate > Pleased > But then they all lost focus

did i do something wrong?

Performance wise it sort of depends on the opposition. But generally anything below around a 7 is pretty poor in my book. Anything below 6.7 is certainly poor.

I would probably have done this:

Im up 2-0 at half time at home against Sunderland > Cautious > Don't get complacent > but 3 of my players became angry despite playing well > (on those 3 players individual team talk) Assertive (or passionate) > Have Faith > ............

You'll find that different player personalities respond better to different talk 'tones', you could sit down and work it out by looking at their personalities, but after a while you'll just remember which players prefer which tones and it gets easier. For example most of my team respond well to 'assertive talks' but my star striker never does....however he does tend to respond well to the exact same talk in a 'passionate' tone. I just have to remember, which I don't always.

As I've said it's a rule of thumb, ******* a few players off to motivate most of them...it preferable to motivating hardly anyone at all (which is all the ass man ever seems to manage - that or relaxing them to the point of stupidity).

Performance wise it sort of depends on the opposition. But generally anything below around a 7 is pretty poor in my book. Anything below 6.7 is certainly poor.

I would probably have done this:

Im up 2-0 at half time at home against Sunderland > Cautious > Don't get complacent > but 3 of my players became angry despite playing well > (on those 3 players individual team talk) Assertive (or passionate) > Have Faith > ............

You'll find that different player personalities respond better to different talk 'tones', you could sit down and work it out by looking at their personalities, but after a while you'll just remember which players prefer which tones and it gets easier. For example most of my team respond well to 'assertive talks' but my star striker never does....however he does tend to respond well to the exact same talk in a 'passionate' tone. I just have to remember, which I don't always.

As I've said it's a rule of thumb, ******* a few players off to motivate most of them...it preferable to motivating hardly anyone at all (which is all the ass man ever seems to manage - that or relaxing them to the point of stupidity).

Cheers Fuss, I've noticed my team are playing better due to your team talks, and it certainly irons out the re ranking thing that seems to spoil most of the tactics i use.

I'm six points clear of city at the top of the table, just signed Adel Taraabt as he was unhappy at QPR and I needed more depth on the wings. God help the harmony of my team!

Cheers Fuss, I've noticed my team are playing better due to your team talks, and it certainly irons out the re ranking thing that seems to spoil most of the tactics i use.

I'm six points clear of city at the top of the table, just signed Adel Taraabt as he was unhappy at QPR and I needed more depth on the wings. God help the harmony of my team!

If Taraabt is anything like real life then he and harmony are quite the opposite of one another :p

If Taraabt is anything like real life then he and harmony are quite the opposite of one another :p

Haha tell me about it! Right, I've just had Ba ( my 24 goals in 21 games striker) poached off me by Liverpool despite having offered him 15,000 more in wages than they did!

Also, what do you do against much stronger opposition away from home for the pre match talk?

Got my 2nd year promotiong playoff place when expecting 22nd. Only free transfer in players, got 60pounds transfer fee to spend! Nice!!!

Lets see if Staines Massive, Aiiiiiiiiiii, can win 2nd year promotion.

Great Job FuSS! Whats the fan base like with them? 5th Round with a BSN team is a great feat though! What's your league looking like? The board does sound really good! Although the more money in the bank the nicer the board is (i guess?) with your FA cup run i bet your financies are sick! I've just had my first upgrade on training & youth in my 5/6th season with Grimsby and your hitting in your first. Sounds like your tearing it up!

Tactic still going strong for me in Second season in the premiership won 11 in a row; got my first challenge next though Arsenal.

Fan attendance averaged less than 2,000 :( in the BSN

But we've already sold 2,200 season tickets for the BSP :) so looking up.

Pm me some of your recommended bsp buys matey :)

Fuss are you still using your 442? And those tweaks you mentioned last game (lowering D line to 9) are they working out well or still stick with the how it was and just untick the strikers HUB and FR?

Regards

Fuss

Will you be releasing an updated version of this tactic in the future?

Steve

97993728.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone else struggling against this formation shape? I've played Man U twice now they have put 13 past me & I have scored 0.

I realised Man United's squad is star studded but i wouldn't mind making it a competition and not be there whipping boys. :mad:

97993728.png

Anyone else struggling against this formation shape? I've played Man U twice now they have put 13 past me & I have scored 0.

I realised Man United's squad is star studded but i wouldn't mind making it a competition and not be there whipping boys. :mad:

That very formation + a AMC instead of the DMC are the two joker formations against Fusstidious V2. I recommend dropping a striker to DMC and putting him on man-marking. Or, dare I say it, use the OP's to mark the ST, AMR and AML.

Alternatively,

If you want a permanent solution while keeping a 442, then putting the MC's on man-marking will cause them to track back more and stick to cutting in wingers etc, which will help. This will sacrifice some counter-attacking ability though as the tactic will lose it's shape a little.

That very formation + a AMC instead of the DMC are the two joker formations against Fusstidious V2. I recommend dropping a striker to DMC and putting him on man-marking. Or, dare I say it, use the OP's to mark the ST, AMR and AML.

Alternatively,

If you want a permanent solution while keeping a 442, then putting the MC's on man-marking will cause them to track back more and stick to cutting in wingers etc, which will help. This will sacrifice some counter-attacking ability though as the tactic will lose it's shape a little.

Thanks FuSS; i'll make a new variation of Fusstidious just for these horrible formations.

Doesn't help when the opposition is world class; Can't complain though second season in the Premiership i'm in a title race but just off the pace but if i carry on the way i'm going i should be playing champions league football next year. :D

EDIT: Bounced back against Stoke in my next league game 6-0.

I won the CL, Euro Super Cup German Supercup 2 times and the league in combination using this and Knap's latest 442 with Bayern Munich. I feel more secure if you have 1 tactic in reserve to keep opponent guessing.

Do you just put man marking, or do you man mark the specific players also?!

63234406.png

Thanks FuSS, ​played them again 4/5 games later put man marking on both MCs & dominated the party :)

63234406.png

Thanks FuSS, ​played them again 4/5 games later put man marking on both MCs & dominated the party :)

Man marking in the MC's will likely be a final tweak.

Fuss just want to say thanks for this tactic and also thanks to Wes and crags! I used Mr Hough tactic for my first 2 seasons with cambridge (started unemployed) first season playoffs, 2nd season walked the league. This season i have gone with Fuss v2 and the 65/10 min tweak for my first season in league 2, its worked a treat run away with the league title P 40 W32 D3 L5 F131 A45! 6 games to go and i am 25 points clear! Great work everyone!

Looking forward to League 1 or moving club next season!

Thanks again, great work!

Man marking in the MC's will likely be a final tweak.

That will force us to use defensive MCs, thus having no place in the team for players like Pastore. Well I guess he can play on the wings, but you get my point. I think it would be better to have a DM/MC partnership instead of forcing a pure 442 formation.

Thanks for the tweaks you mentioned FuSS, i done the thing on the MCs and the strikers and it got me back winning 3-0 against Ajax in CL with Bayern after losing 2-4 away with Knap's 442.

Thanks for the tweaks you mentioned FuSS, i done the thing on the MCs and the strikers and it got me back winning 3-0 against Ajax in CL with Bayern after losing 2-4 away with Knap's 442.

wich tweak you make please can you give me thanks

or the number of the post ? thanks

thanks i find my last game there is lot of long shoots

Did you win that game then? And how are you going further with it? Just beat Porto 3-1 away from home.

Won 2nd consective promotion with Staines.....this year will be tough because no players want to join my club...attendance of the game is average 1000. Nice!!!

Amazing tactic. Here is the proof. My Mexico squad won the world cup even though the mega-star Chicharito failed to hit the back of the net in all 8 games. I have some descent regens, maybe one or two world class but my defence isn't as good as I wanted.

WCWin.png

Thanks for the nice tactic!

EDIT: I used the original tactic without any tweaks (:

I have 2 questions do you use thos midfield option only when playing that formation or only against opponents as Man UTD and Chelsea?? and question 2 is what do you say to players when facing Real Madrid or Barcelona i say to them Assertive ( good luck ) i loose like hell:)) so some advice on this issue would be welcome.

Fuss good job on tactics.

Which tactic is now the best one? the tactic in the begin post? or the one from allinall?

Thanks for all of the warm feedback guys.

I think the base tactic on the OP is great.

There are couple of tweaks worth trying, which get a lot of mention here:

SC Tweak - untick roam and hold up boxes on both strikers.

MC tweak - switch both MC's to man-marking.

I can't say for sure if they are better, the striker tweak will make you score more, but it also makes you slightly more vulnerable to counter attacks. The MC tweak will ake your defending better, particularly against single strikers and AMCs, but it will cause you to lose your shape a little, making attacking quickly slightly worse.

I'll be doing some long term tests on the tweaks and likely release an updated version.

Thought I'd keep you all updated on dafuges FM12 challenger (HERE: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge). The challenge involves holidaying the first season of the game, and then taking a non-league side that has been newly promoted to the Blue Square North and managing them.

Using a tweaked version of FuSStidious V2, we completed dominated the first season (remarkable considering FC United had only just been promoted to the BSN).

fc.png

FC United Football Club

2012/13 Season (1st Season)

Current Club: FC United.

Division: Blue Square Bet North

Season: 2012/2013

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation.

Finish:

League = Winner

FA Trophy = Winner

FA Cup = 6th Round

Season 1 Summary:

A massive success, we romped home to win the league with 38wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. Scoring twice as many goals as the next team in the table (148 for).

League Table http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages.png

Had a great FA Cup run, beating Wigan in the 3rd round after a replay, before finally losing out to Southampton in the 6th Round. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/WiganvFCUnitedInformation_Overview.png

We also won the FA trophy, with a comfortable 5-0 victory in the final. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/minimal_fuss/BraintreevFCUnitedInformation_Overview.png

Season		Division	     Position	 Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Blue Square North   1st	   Champions
2012/13		FA Cup              n/a	   6th Round
2012/13		FA Trophy           1st	   Champions

I'll update you all at the end of each season. I have to admit this is the most fun I've ever had playing FM, I highly recommend giving it a go!

Thought I'd keep you all updated on dafuges FM12 challenger (HERE: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279812-dafuge-s-FM12-challenge). The challenge involves holidaying the first season of the game, and then taking a non-league side that has been newly promoted to the Blue Square North and managing them.

Using a tweaked version of FuSStidious V2, we completed dominated the first season (remarkable considering FC United had only just been promoted to the BSN).

I'll update you all at the end of each season. I have to admit this is the most fun I've ever had playing FM, I highly recommend giving it a go!

Fuss can you show a pic of your squad.

Fuss can you show a pic of your squad.

I've nearly completed season 2, so when I do I'll upload a pic of my current squad (didn't take one last season). Although I'll also show the transfer history from both seasons.

are you uploading your tweaked tactic with fcum fuss?

No, I've been playing properly, which means slightly altering the tactic for different opposition as I go, so there's really nothing to release as the tactically continually changes.

I always say the best way to play FM is to slightly adapt the tactic to beat each opposition, if you've never tried it, give it a go, it's immensely rewarding.

There's a truly amazing thread somewhere on the forums that explains in details how to exploit opposition tactics.

There's a truly amazing thread somewhere on the forums that explains in details how to exploit opposition tactics.

I've seached the forum for this, but I can't seem to find it. Is it possible that you could give a link?

Finally a tactic that has restored my faith in FM! I'm currently using the 2.1 version with striker tweaks with the team I support, Grimsby Town. With the default squad and the occasional loan signing, I'm on the verge of promotion from the BSP at the first attempt. Nothing spectacular if not for the fact that I won it with 7 games to spare, with 108 points and a striker in Liam Hearn who has amassed 60 league goals alone! I've got four more league games to go and the FA Trophy final and it's on to League 2! Best tactic I've come across in a long time, keep it up Fuss.

I've seached the forum for this, but I can't seem to find it. Is it possible that you could give a link?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-Including-the-W-M-Formation

Post #12 onwards, Cleon talks about finding ways to exploit space and bear certain tactics, he takes you through the weakness of different formations and how to try and beat them. It's this kind of logic I like to use when playing a really tough long term game. Not for the faint hearted though.

Finally a tactic that has restored my faith in FM! I'm currently using the 2.1 version with striker tweaks with the team I support, Grimsby Town. With the default squad and the occasional loan signing, I'm on the verge of promotion from the BSP at the first attempt. Nothing spectacular if not for the fact that I won it with 7 games to spare, with 108 points and a striker in Liam Hearn who has amassed 60 league goals alone! I've got four more league games to go and the FA Trophy final and it's on to League 2! Best tactic I've come across in a long time, keep it up Fuss.

Much appreciated.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289528-The-SI-Sports-Centre-Including-the-W-M-Formation

Post #12 onwards, Cleon talks about finding ways to exploit space and bear certain tactics, he takes you through the weakness of different formations and how to try and beat them. It's this kind of logic I like to use when playing a really tough long term game. Not for the faint hearted though.

Gentleman.

Do you just put man marking, or do you man mark the specific players also?!

Just man marking on the CMs not the specific players

Fuss just want to say thanks for this tactic and also thanks to Wes and crags! I used Mr Hough tactic for my first 2 seasons with cambridge (started unemployed) first season playoffs, 2nd season walked the league. This season i have gone with Fuss v2 and the 65/10 min tweak for my first season in league 2, its worked a treat run away with the league title P 40 W32 D3 L5 F131 A45! 6 games to go and i am 25 points clear! Great work everyone!

Looking forward to League 1 or moving club next season!

Thanks again, great work!

Thanks all credit goes to FuSs though i just toned down some sliders & unticked FWR on the wingers.

Amazing season there FuSS, did you sign any of the players i PMd? 6th round of the FA cup is absolutely sick! What are your finances like? You still using your tweaked version? Im mixing it up with that / V2 & V2 holdout.

Another Mariner:D , Hearn banged over 40 me first two seasons then went to Leeds for 500k (Judas) He's quality IRL though saw him on new years day V Lincoln when we won 3-0.

I had a brief read of this yesterday particularly the different formations & just the general approach to individual training started to play around with individual settings on players now :)

Struggling to accommodate Gotze (51 Million) in my team though put him as the AML with max creative freedom just played his first 8.0 he struggled in the centre of the park you get any recommendations for accommodating godlike players like Gotze particularly individual settings.

6th Season Update

Only my second season in the premiership too

leag.png

League Graph just jumped into first in time.

Also won the FA CUP.

Lost in the final of the UEFA CUP final (unlucky we was the better team)

sapa.png

Salary second lowest in the league & won the league :)

Player Averages

Amazing tactic i say again Fuss to start in the BSP & then 6 years later win the league just let's the tactic speak for it'self

GREAT JOB!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Season In The Prem So Far........

ssfu.png

are you using the midfield tweak for every game now? and are you still seeing off games with your def version?

are you using the midfield tweak for every game now? and are you still seeing off games with your def version?

Last season was a mix of V2/My Def Version.

This current season I'm toying with a new version FuSS has me testing/V2 with Midfielder tweak & v2 Defensive. Working a dream absolutely blowing teams away. I'd be very excited about Fuss's next version ;)

So, after season 1 with Ajaccio I left for Rennes.

Had some good results but wasn't satisfied enough :

1334900360-seasonstart.png

Then I followed the coaching and match prep advices and BINGO :

1334900208-StadeRennaisFC(Calendrier_Calendrier).png

1334900215-CoupeEURO(Vuedensemble_Phases).png