Wonder why all the best regens come out of Brazil?

I'm in 2019 now and there's loads of amazing newgens from Argentina and Brazil, some really good ones from Italy France and Spain, a couple of decent ones from Holland and the odd one from various other countries. But playing in England I cannot see anyone of that nationality who would get anywhere near my first team.

I know England doesn't always produce world class talents and we have a tendency to over-hype players, but there is a serious lack of any talent coming through.

I have a 20 year old i have nurchured from the tender age of 15 after one of my scouts found this regen at Watford. He has a PA of 198!! I Have never seen this in a regen from England before so i`m very excited :). He is only 20 and has played 35 games for England already in midfield.

He loves the club, and me so all is good......for now :)

definitely need to tone down Mexico - 4 regens with potential above 180 in 4 seasons of my game and I'm not even running the league in full detail. That's 4 more Mexicans of that quality than have ever emerged in real life. Anyone else want to look at a save and see whether Mexico is the centre of world talent?

Same i was thinking the other day mexicans are taking over the world on my save, now i know why.

It's hard to explain how the system works, but that rating is just the country rating (based on factors like population, importance of football in the country and so on). There are ratings for the clubs as well, which also influence the amount of high PA newgens.

You can see for example that while Brazil's newgen rating is high, Brazilian clubs don't have very high youth development ratings. A place like Holland, on the other hand, has a lower national newgen rating but the clubs youth ratings aren't low.

Interesting. As I recall (perhaps mistakenly), several Brazil clubs had maxed out youth ratings in 2011.

Anyway, this is how I always assumed it worked:

National Youth Rating (based on population size, quality of the general footballing culture) and Game Importance (importance of the sport in the country) determines the PA distribution of a nation's regens

A Club's Youth Recruitment Rating and Reputation determine its likelihood of getting high-PA regens and the extent to which it will "compete" for high-PA regens outside its local region

A Club's Youth Coaching (formerly "Youth Academy") determines the average starting CA of its regens

A Club's Youth Facilities determines the quality of training for U18 players on youth contracts

So basically, countries like the US and China will produce a massive number of high-PA regens based on population alone, but unless those players end up at European clubs, they will start out with low CA and training facilities that will hinder their development. Moreover, these high-PA regens will typically not be eligible for work permits.

The Netherlands, on the other hand, won't produce many high-PA regens but their regens will start with higher CA overall and a better chance of reaching full potential.

With that said, on a very large database, there still appears to be an overly high probability that clubs with worldwide youth recruitment will get these PA 170 American regens at their academy when, really, they should have basically zero chance of ever being discovered until they're too old to be developed into a truly world class player.

I find it's different with every save, and sometimes season-by-season. Sure, Brazil usually has a lot, but that's fairly true to life. The highest concentration of newgens on my current save (only 2014) is in Argentina. Can I sign any of them? No. Methinks I need a Belgian feeder club.

Archived