Can someone explain this sick schedule please ?

So it's ok for this to happen every season in the game, when in real life it happens rarely?

Riiight.

When does this happen? It happens whenever teams are very successful and still in many competitions at the end of the season. It's rare to see such success in real life, but when you do often these problems arise. It's common to see such things happening in FM because it's a game. People dump unsuccessful saves and stick to successful ones. People have learnt over the years how to play FM very successfully. People cheat. Therefore, people experience more fixture congestion than real teams do.

It's "common" to see such things happening in FM because there are thousands of people playing thousands of seasons in the space of a single season in real life. The vast majority of them don't experience this problem and don't post about it, but there are enough people on this forum that it's going to keep cropping up. Furthermore, it's an unusual and annoying event. It sticks in your mind. If it only happens once every ten seasons you're going to notice it and remember the last time it happens - it appears more common than it really is.

Rest players from training, rotate your entire starting 10 outfield players each game, be smart with the subs (ie if you want a guy to start the next game don't bring him on until the 70+ minute mark), play a slow tempo game (especially if you get ahead). Even with a schedule like that so long as you pay a bit of attention it's not hard to have players close to 100%.

The only thing I find odd about your fixtures is that you're playing Man City for the first time in the league the 12th then again on the 18th. Outside of that things like this happen when you're winning. Would you rather be fighting relegation or fighting to keep your players fit for important cup/league winning games?

The premier league is not called one of the most merciless leagues physically for no reason. I personally don't like it over the spanish one for example,but you got to be blind to not see that you must be made of bricks to be able to cope in it.

This happens in real life really often for teams that want to cope with many competitions at once. Can't see a reason why shouldn't it in-game as well. You just don't see teams trying to cope with 3-4 different things at the same time normally.

So, you go a long way in all competitions, then you'll have a backlog of fixtures

going all the way in EVERY competition (or making the final) means you'll have at least 60 games, of which are split about 30-30

30 games in 5 months = a game on average every 5 days, but with most finals being in May, you normally get a backlog there

for a real example (top club in ENGLAND),

Liverpool (00-01)

May 5 - League - WIN vs Bradford

May 8 - League - DRAW vs Chelsea

May 12 - FA Cup Final - WIN vs Arsenal

May 16 - UEFA Cup Final - WIN vs Alaves

May 19 - League - WIN vs Charlton

so 5 games in 14 days for a 2.8days/game average

real enough evidence for you?

conclusion:

this CAN happen IRL (as FrazT and I have proven) but if you've got a paper-thin squad, then you pay the consequences

You'd hate the Brazillian leagues then because you play a game every 2-3 days for a year.

The only time I've had anything close was when I went the distance in both domestic cups and the Champions League, but it should be added I needed 2 replays in the FA Cup causing league games to be re-scheduled.

For the Rangers example used, they had requested a league game be postponed to prepare for a big European game plus had a cup replay, so it was partially their own doing. And to the Math Nazi, it was actually 8 games in 19 days, not 18. They played on both the 4th and the 22nd, use your fingers and toes if need be.

Two things. One, there is a bug that in occasional (not every) season, there is a Premier League game scheduled on 27/12 when games are already on 26th and 28th.

Other thing, all the other examples are realistic regarding what happens over Christmas/New Year in English football, or at the end of a season after success in all competitions forces a backlog. You should see some real lower league English teams, 5 or 6 games in 7 days is far from uncommon around the country for teams who do well in all competitions - non-league teams enter about 6 after all.

Not ad bad as on FM10 (I think it was 10) Where I had 6 games in 7 days...

These things happen rarely in the EPL (one example has been given, which wasn't to the same extent)). The effort required to fix this would probably be too much. If you have qualified for the Uefa Cup then you run the risk of this. Realistically you shouldn't be challenging for all of that if you haven't qualified for the champions league...

People need to realize that the reason these things don't happen to such an extent in the Real World is that a human being is involved in setting the fixtures. A computer can never eliminate these problems as it is dealing with a fixed set of parameters that it cannot deviate from. A human being oversees every part of the fixture arrangements in real life and they can adapt to the situation in a way a computer cannot.

All these examples happens in seasons ending in even years (e.g. 2014). The reason for this is that seasons has to end earlier /cannot be extended as national teams need their players for friendlies/preparation before world cup or european championship.

If I see I have this I rest players for the day after each match, I also rotate the top players and balance it so they play maybe 6 or 7 out of the 8 games. The other thing I do is play players who are around 85%, if you look at the match fitness rating rather than the fitness rating they can be in the 90s if you rest them properly so the only issue is a slightly higher chance of injuries.

All of these things have been mentioned before in this thread but it is important to state we have two fitness values now and to pay attention to both of them!

Not millions, but it happened to Newport County on Saturday, they played a Welsh Cup and a English Conference game at the same time.

At same time in two different places (and on top of it at macroscopic level). Hello Nobel Prize in Physics!

Archived