SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 clubs

Kirklarelispor, Darlington, Blackpool, Aston Villa, Liverpool, Galatasaray, Atletico Madrid, Boca, Gladbach & AC Milan

6 nations

New Zealand, England, Argentina, Brazil, Cyprus, Mexico.........and not forgetting England for a second time.

Thanks but I meant have any other clubs managed to win back to back Champions League titles in this save (and I see now from the summery that Bayern and Atletic Madrid did :)). Anyway, a great achievement!

Unlucky in the Euros - a shame the career came to an end in the second round.

And I love the use of the 'retire from football?' screenshot. A nice finishing touch :cool:

A shame it dodn't work out for you in the Euro, but a great finish at club level.

Only conceding 20 in the league is amazing. Phenomenal win ratio too.

I guess we will all be able to see your FM13 exploits here.

Sensational stuff. Eagerly awaiting to see your adventure with FM13.
What a brilliant career this has been to follow!. Congratulations on all the success you had.
Thanks but I meant have any other clubs managed to win back to back Champions League titles in this save (and I see now from the summery that Bayern and Atletic Madrid did :)). Anyway, a great achievement!

Unlucky in the Euros - a shame the career came to an end in the second round.

And I love the use of the 'retire from football?' screenshot. A nice finishing touch :cool:

Interesting seeing how well Kirklarelispor did.
I'm sorry, but this cannot go uncommented...yassss! Scotland won something!

But more on topic, it's been a fantastic read SRL88, and I look forward to reading your new adventure in FM13

Brilliant mate well done.
Great career SRL88, can't wait for Fm13 now will be interesting to see.

Cheers for all the comments guys. They are much appreciated. I will be buying FM13 at some point tomorrow and I will most likely have it installed at some point tomorrow night.

I'm still unsure as of yet what I am doing for my career, so any suggestions are welcome.

I can't really add anything to what everyone else has already said; this really has been epic, and as you know already was the inspiration for my own thread. :thup:

When my FM12 career comes to a close, if i recieve half as much positive feedback as you have, I'll be happier than a pig in ****. :D

Cheers for all the comments guys. They are much appreciated. I will be buying FM13 at some point tomorrow and I will most likely have it installed at some point tomorrow night.

I'm still unsure as of yet what I am doing for my career, so any suggestions are welcome.

How about trying to win each continent's equivalent of the Champions League? That's what I'm considering doing once a few additional league files for Oceania and Africa are available.

well done, really enjoyed following this

Cheers man.

I can't really add anything to what everyone else has already said; this really has been epic, and as you know already was the inspiration for my own thread. :thup:

When my FM12 career comes to a close, if i recieve half as much positive feedback as you have, I'll be happier than a pig in ****. :D

In the years I have known you on these forums, I have never known you be that happy :brock:.

Absolutely epic career,don't really need to say anything else do I :D

Well, you could feed my ego a little more.

I think I would like to see a small club small nation challenge for you.
How about trying to win each continent's equivalent of the Champions League? That's what I'm considering doing once a few additional league files for Oceania and Africa are available.

Taken into consideration.

42 pages, 33 years and 1 cracking read from start to finish.

Congratulations lad, if it was half as fun to play as it was to follow then you really have got the most out of this game!

I am starting unemployed and attempting to make Brazil the best international team again, by bringing through players in the Uk and Ireland and also Brazil itself. You could attempt to bring back a fallen giant by doing this.
As has already been mentioned this was a great thread from start to finish.

I'm positive whatever you choose to do on FM13 will be just as good.

It's been a great read, I can't wait to read your FM13 thread :thup:
Well done on a great career! Shame England let you down at the end, but in no way does this subtract from the level of success you've achieved :applause:

Hope you get your FM13 inspiration soon!

Thanks lads. Appreciate the comments.

I'm downloading beta now and I will have a look around & a think on the game to get inspiration once its finished.

Caught up with the final 2 years. That was total domination with Milan, well done indeed and finishes your club career on a very very high note. Bit bad you ended Gladbach's dreams in that first CL final though. :(

It was a tremendously successful career - double Champions Leagues with 3 different clubs of 3 different nations, Copa Libertadores and a World Cup! That's a more complete record than any real life manager in history, and one of the most complete across the forums I'm certain of that.

Shame it didn't end with what would be a fitting Euros with England but the joy of FM is that it's not only a story of glory, glory feels better knowing a setback can be just around the corner, and it happens to the best managers too.

Cheers Crouchy :). Vastly appreciated comment from a seasoned vet like yourself.

I had kind of prepared myself for 'retirement' so it wasnt to difficult. With all the FM13 thread being created I was getting anxious to start FM13.

• 2 months later...

Bringing up an old thread here, but it just happens to be the finest one I've ever come across. Absolutely amazing dude - an unbelievable journey which I've been addicted to for a week. I think I started last Monday morning and I've just finished it up now. I've never known anything like it and I'm so happy to have spent my time reading it, it was very rewarding and I've learnt from it too. I've not bought an FM since FM10, and I'm going to be buying FM13 to try and emulate - poorly of course - your career on FM12 and your FM13 save, which I look forward to catching up with - haven't read anything else since I started this last week, so will read and catch up with that soon. Perhaps once I've got some work done as this has been a massive distraction :D

I just need to bring myself to stop playing my Havant and Waterlooville save on FM07 heh ;-)

Haha, well I'm actually on the forums to carry on reading it Tom. Saw you were a regular poster in this thread so thought I'd have a read - enjoying it, started it yesterday morning. You're having an outstanding debut season with Swansea at present...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just started playing FM and I found this game to be pretty darn difficult so far. So I went to this forum to see how experienced people play this game haha. I happened upon this thread and after reading through it, I was left utterly astounded.

I was on the verge of quitting FM (at least for awhile), but I'm itching to get back on and eventually achieve something like this.

Thank you for writing this up!

Archived