SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weskey van Dijk looks pretty decent at his age :thup: Tough draw against PSG :( But anything is possible ;)

If van Dijk has any sort of impact similar to McAllister I will be chuffed. Not that he has started yet ha.

That's a tough draw against PSG, good luck I think your going to need it :)

Yeah it isnt going to be easy.

Not easy but you could do it.

Cheers for the pep talk ;).

120px-Vfl_borussia_monchengladbach.png

SRL88's Career - August 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-16.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-15.png

A pretty solid start for us in the league, despite the fact that we havent yet got anywhere near top gear. We started the season with a comfortable 1-0 win over Rostok, but had to rely on a Lima free-kick from 25 yards to give us all three points. Kaiserslautern gave us a very tough game in our next encounter and we trailed for much of the game, but Bar popped up late in the game to snatch a point for us. The Dortmund game typified our games against each other last season. It was a very tight game with very few clear cut chances and on reflection, 0-0 was probably a fair result. We rounded the month off with a much needed win over Koln.

Champions League Best Placed Play-Off Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-10.png

Who has two thumbs and a huge smile on his face? I DO!!!!!!!!!!! What a bloody performance we put in over the two-legs. I took inspiration from my time at Boca where we did all the hard work in the first leg at home with a brilliant display to win 3-0. In Paris we just saw the game out, but Lima put it beyond doubt with our 4th goal over the two legs. PSG levelled it on the night but it had no effect as we stormed our way into the Group Stage.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Group Stage Draw

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-33.png

I couldnt have asked for a better draw in all honesty. Yeah Palermo are probably head & shoulders better than anyone in the group, but I see no reason why we cant sneak into second place, and certainly no reason why we shouldnt at least finish 3rd.

Quality job last season to have lifted the cup and qualified for the CL with Gladbach on the first season. Even better to beat PSG in the playoffs and confirm the CL presence which will be an hugely important financial boost. Keep pushing but don't be complacent because I would be a little suspicious with that group, no giant clubs but dangerous sides in Palermo and Spartak.

What the heck happened with Newcastle and Cardiff last season??? As a Toon fan it would be great if you could post the league title and some shots of their squad / best players - it's going to be a very long time before I get the chance to see them lifting the Premier League irl!!!

Solid start in the league and very impressive victory against P.S.G. Second place looks achievable in your Champions League group.
Nice :) Can't go wrong with that group!

Cheers lads :thup:.

Quality job last season to have lifted the cup and qualified for the CL with Gladbach on the first season. Even better to beat PSG in the playoffs and confirm the CL presence which will be an hugely important financial boost. Keep pushing but don't be complacent because I would be a little suspicious with that group, no giant clubs but dangerous sides in Palermo and Spartak.
yea it could be a tough group for you if you get complacent but i dont see why you cant win a couple and continue your european venture

Oh dont worry, I know it wont be an easy group and Palermo have been in a few Champions League Finals in recent years, but I would rather have the group I have than what I could have had.

What the heck happened with Newcastle and Cardiff last season??? As a Toon fan it would be great if you could post the league title and some shots of their squad / best players - it's going to be a very long time before I get the chance to see them lifting the Premier League irl!!!

I havent got a clue. Its a big a shock to me as it is you!!!

2036/37 Season

Past Season's

Tarik Tran

Samuel Vervoort

Kirk Kirkpatrick

Jose Silvera

Those are a few of their good players :thup:.

If it makes you feel better, they have lost there first three games this season :brock:.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - September 2037 - Cyprus

World Cup Qualifers

CyprusFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-9.png

I am so proud of the team after these two games. We played to the best of our capabilities against the Germans but they were a different class. Against Russia however, we were so close to an upset. We played really well and to walk away with a 2-2 draw was a very nice thing to see.

Knew you'd beat PSG :D Tough group but as you says why can't you finish 2nd ;) Good signings as well.

Haha. Mystic John :brock:.

I dont think its an easy group, but its certainly not a tough group. We could have had Group C for example :p.

Looks like there's been a definitely changing of the guard in England with that last season.

It was just one season to be honest. If similar happens this season I will agree with this statement.

SRL88's Career - September 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-17.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-16.png

A very good month which was slightly tarnished by a late, late defeat to Hannover. We're still sat nicely in the table and its only the second month of the season so I am still pretty happy. We started with a comfortable 3-1 win over over Wolfsburg before a trip to Hoffenheim which saw us put an awe inspiring away day performance as we controlled the game and managed to score a very good 1-0 win. We didnt deserve to lost against Hannover, but as I said it was a very late goal which beat us.

September 2037 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-11.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-34.png

Well I couldnt have asked for a better start to our European campaign now could I?!?! We put in two fantastic performances to get us off to the best possible start. We dominated from start to finish against Olympiakos and it could have been much more. We were given a tougher game in Russia but we were brilliant and Popa popped up (see the pun there) to grab the only goal of the game.

200px-CyprusFA.png

SRL88's Career - October 2037 - Cyprus

World Cup Qualifers

CyprusFixtures_Fixtures-9.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-10.png

I am reletively pleased with the way we ended our qualifying campaign in retrospect. We breezed past Azerbaijan with a very nice 6-1 victory. The Turkey game was so entertaining that despite the fact that I was in charge of one of the teams, it was such an enjoyable game to watch. We took the lead, they equilised and then it was just end-to-end. Sadly though, as we were on the attack and on two ocassions they hit us on the counter and scored two goals pretty late on in the game. It was such a shame because I really thought we could have won the game and pipped them into third.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-133.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-61.png

Well I enjoyed this while it lasted. The FA were happy with our showings in qualifying, especially with the fact that we were so competitive against the likes of Russia & Germany. I said I would only be here for the campaign unless we qualified for the World Cup and we didnt manage to do that.

Not a bad showing at all with Cyprus.

Decent start with the Gladbach, are you going back into international management

Cheers fella. I have no plans to go into International Management anytime soon. I might after the World Cup, but it depends which jobs are available.

A good time at Cyprus, achieved some goods results!

Cheers dude :thup:.

Nice time at Cyprus! Any national side interest, or you just concentrating on domestic club play for now?

Look at my reply to ashton321 which is all of 1 post up :brock:.

I could have applied for a nation who didnt qualify for the World Cup, but I am not interested.

Very handy CL draw there- the KO rounds await!

Could do with a few more goals in the Bundesliga though.

If we continue to win 1-0 I wont whinge :p.

Decent start there SRL88 :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

SRL88's Career - October 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-18.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-17.png

In retrospect, this is a very good month, despite the fact that we lost 5-1 away to Bayern. That was a typical game of everything they hit turned to gold. We played pretty well. The month started with a solid 1-0 win at home to Freiburg. Following the drubbing to Bayern we followed it up with a very good 4-2 win at home to Frankfurt before we rounded October off with a very nice win away to Stuttgart.

October 2037 - Continued

DFB Pokal 2nd Round

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-12.png

A very comfortable win over Union Berlin in the Second Round. We controlled the game from the start and scored an easy win. We set up a tie at home to Hannover in the Third Round.

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-3-2.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-35.png

We remain unbeaten in our group following a hard fought draw at home to the club who I had the most worries about in the group. It was a hard fought game for both clubs and Palermo took the lead but we levelled things with 10 minutes remaining.

Done pretty well,shame about the Bayern loss but everyone has a off day.Good start in the Champions League,that draw could prove useful in qualifying from the group.

Yeah the Bayern game was a bad day at the office. I think we will definitely qualify from the group now. Its just a case of whether its first or second.

Already a big task in the league.
Good month in all. Bayern look mighty strong.

I cant see us winning the league this season. The top two are just so strong.

SRL88's Career - November 2037 - Borussia Monchengladbach

Bundesliga

borussiamnchengladbachf.png

GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-18.png

November was very much like October for us. We started with a superb performance and result at home to Schalke. We were 3rd and 4th respectively at the time of the game and we completely dominated from start to finish. We were outplayed away to Leverkusen in our next game and 2-0 was the least they deserved. It was a definite case of get home as quick as we can. We managed to finish off with a hard fought 2-1 win over Bochum which saw us score a last minute goal that delighted me due to the fact that our opponents injured 3 of our players.

November 2037 - Continued

Champions League

BorussiaMnchengladbachFixtures_Fixtures-2-14.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-36.png

What a brilliant, brilliant couple of performances this was as despite going into the group as 4th seeds we have garunteed ourselves top spot in the group. The game I was most apprehensive about was away to Palermo but we matched them all over the park and a late goal gave us a brilliant 1-0 win. We followed this up with a Geoff McAllister inspired performance as we played our Greek opponents off the park and won 4-0.

Archived