SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2034/35 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-30.png

Not the best of pre-season's in terms of results but the performances were very pleasing, especially against such big opponents. To have pretty much held Inter, Porto and Trabzonspor to a draw showed how good we are. We also drew with Penarol and grabbed a brilliant win over Espanyol.

Transfers - In

German Bolzan - Free - An excellent free transfer. Will add lots of experience to our side.

Juan Carlos Soto - Loan - Brought in on loan as a back-up in the right back position. Something we lacked last season.

Jose Luis Garcia - Loan - Another player brought in as a back-up.

Martin Galvan - Loan - An excellent prospect at Inter Milan. Certainly a player who I would like to aid in the development of.

Mauro Parrado - Free - A cracking free transfer. Will add a lot of quality to our side.

Transfers - Out

A few departures during the transfer window, but the main talking points are the sales of Mauricio Bermudez and Marcos Novgorosky. Bermudez has spent most of his two years at the club injured and when Schalke came in with a £10.5m offer I found it impossible to reject. The sale of Novgorosky annoyed me though. Genoa put a bid in which matched a release clause and I just couldnt reject it. When he negotiated his contract he insisted on it being in. I am gutted to lose him.

Good pre season results especially playing against top sides. Good transfer in and out :)

Cheers fella :). I am really pleased with how pre-season went.

Oh Parrado is going to score bags for you. Was he released or just decided not to re-sign?

I am looking forward to unleashing Parrado, I must say :brock:. I put him on my shortlist at the start of last season, and as soon as it had 6 months left to run I offered him a contract ASAP and snapped him up.

Well done on your world cup victory, hope to achieve what you have thus far in my save.

Ahhhh thank you kindly :).

Im sure you will, just give it time.

SRL88's Career - August 2034 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-31.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-21.png

Just the one game in August, but what a game it was as we got off to a fantastic start in the Apertura. A fantastic performance resulted in a very nice 5-1 win on the opening day for us.

Recopa

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-16.png

Well luckily for us, away goals didnt come into effect. We were poor in the first leg and had to come from behind to get a 1-1 draw. The second leg was very end to end, but we managed take the game to penalties. In what was a poor penalty shoot-out, we won 3-1 to lift the Recopa.

Great work in winning the World Cup, especially after the shaky group stage.

Having said that, your final win wasn't as dramatic as mine! ;)

Ahhh, thank you Sir!!!!

We dont do drama in Brazil. This isnt like England you know ;).

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2034 - Brazil

Friendlies

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-19.png

Two cracking wins to follow up on our success at the World Cup. We were brilliant in an attacking fashion against the Czech's, but probably didnt have as much of the play as I would have liked. A very solid display against Russia followed and despite breezing into a 2-0 lead, they gave us a tough game afterwards. We managed to hold tight and despite a late goal, we managed to come away with a brilliant 2-1 win.

SRL88's Career - September 2034 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-32.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-22.png

A truely excellent month as our 100% start to the season continues. A cracking 1-0 win away to Banfield was followed up with what will definitely be the win of the season. Our biggest rivals for trophies All Boys gave us a good game, but ultimately we got the win, an excellent 2-1 win. We faced yet another tricky away fixture in our next encounter but a Luis De Leon penalty was enough to give us the win. The month was rounded off with two solid 3-0 wins as we have a nice little gap at the top of the table after just six games.

Excellent start to the season,hopefully you can keep that form up and take the Apertura.

Cheers fella :thup:.

I feel we are in an excellent position to go and claim the Apertura. We have got some very difficult away fixtures out the way in fine style already.

Hernan Ojeda possible new manager? Isn't he a former player of yours?

Ahhaaaa. Someone does pay attention to my thread :thup:.

Yeah he is. I signed him for Liverpool, then sold him to Atletico and managed him in my two seasons there. Half-way through my first season with Boca I signed him again and he is now on the coaching staff with me at Boca.

I remember it all regarding him. Don't know why but it's just stuck in me. :)

Cracking player. I decided to sell him at Liverpool due to his age. When I went to Atletico he was even better!!!

Still no Chris Ord though :cool:.

Now that would be some strikeforce :cool:. Is he still banging them in for City?

Last season he had a good season, scoring 31 goals in 49 appearances. But this season he has just 16 goals in 32 appearances. Mancini and his narrow 4-2-3-1 system is not good for him.

For England though he is still awesome - 90 goals in 82 caps. :cool:

Last season he had a good season, scoring 31 goals in 49 appearances. But this season he has just 16 goals in 32 appearances. Mancini and his narrow 4-2-3-1 system is not good for him.

For England though he is still awesome - 90 goals in 82 caps. :cool:

Bloody Mancini :thdn:.

Thats a cracking International record though.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-108.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-47.png

So the clubs takeover is complete by an Italian Consortium. Looking at these messages, this is truely fantastic times for Boca as a club. There looks to be plenty of money in the pockets of the owners and they dont look shy to spend it. On a personal note, I am slightly worried about my future!!!

I've never had a club takeover end in my firing before. Hopefully you keep your job as they seem to want to pump money into the club!
Unless your me (once fired after a takeover!),you should be safe due to success and a brilliant start to the season :D

Well I have never been sacked from a tackover before, but then again I have never had these messages before upon a takeover.

What an awful decision if they do sack you after all you have done! Italians will probably put in an Italian manager and then buy a load old has been Italian players, bit like Watford are trying in real life :p

Managed to get myself to the Brazilian State Championship semi final which was a bit of shock, especially as I dumped out Santos on pens in the quarters but ultimately went out on pens against Sao Paulo in the semis! Still happy considering the dreadful start to my career :D

Forever tinkering with my formation tho, sometimes my poacher and advanced player will be in the game and sometimes they don't get a sniff

I often have those messages when it's that sort of takeover, even I think at Milan! However always been alright.

Time will tell I suppose.

What an awful decision if they do sack you after all you have done! Italians will probably put in an Italian manager and then buy a load old has been Italian players, bit like Watford are trying in real life :p

Yeah they would be risking a backlash.

They couldnt bring in a team full of Italians anyway because the Argentine league only allows for 4 foreign players ;).

Yeah they would be risking a backlash.

They couldnt bring in a team full of Italians anyway because the Argentine league only allows for 4 foreign players ;).

Well you would have to use them in the spine of your team, buffon, nesta, pirlo and del piero should do the trick, even tho they are oaps on your game probably ;)

Think I will packing my bags and seeking pastures new at end of my contract, this Portuguese language is hard to grasp!

Well you would have to use them in the spine of your team, buffon, nesta, pirlo and del piero should do the trick, even tho they are oaps on your game probably ;)

Im not even sure if they still exist to be honest.

Intereting stuff with the takeover. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do with you.

I will have something to show regarding this in a few moments.

According to Wikipedia, there are 10 teams in CONMEBOL and 12 that contest the Copa America, which means 2 teams are invited every time. The next tournament is in 2015, and the invited countries are Mexico and Japan. Perhaps it's too difficult for SI to accommodate invitations to Confederation Championships, and so they've picked 2 as a permanent fixture? Wonder who the other is?

Always odd the United States is in every Copa America I see. Aren't they supposed to be an invitation team?

Yeah I knew there were nations invited so I suspect this is why they are there.

According to Wikipedia, there are 10 teams in CONMEBOL and 12 that contest the Copa America, which means 2 teams are invited every time. The next tournament is in 2015, and the invited countries are Mexico and Japan. Perhaps it's too difficult for SI to accommodate invitations to Confederation Championships, and so they've picked 2 as a permanent fixture? Wonder who the other is?

Japan??? Seriously!!

Well Japan have appeared before (in 1999, and apparantly withdrew last year where they were meant to appear again). Still an odd choice but not a mistake on the part of the game to have them at all.

They withdrew because of the disaster last year. I've seen England contest the Copa América in (I think) FM11 so if they haven't got the invitational thing working this year I'd be surprised, because they obviously had it in the past.

Well Japan have appeared before (in 1999, and apparantly withdrew last year where they were meant to appear again). Still an odd choice but not a mistake on the part of the game to have them at all.
They withdrew because of the disaster last year. I've seen England contest the Copa América in (I think) FM11 so if they haven't got the invitational thing working this year I'd be surprised, because they obviously had it in the past.

Confusing **** this man!!! Ahhhh screw it, I will just win it and I dont care who I play ;).

Archived