SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Haha. I beg to differ but cheers ;).

Santos will be the toughest out of the three sides, but having beaten them on both ocassions last season I am confident that we wont have to many issues.

I love the Argy leagues, complicated at first until you understand the half season standings etc.

I manage your biggest rivls River :D

Good luck with the Copa Lib's Santos always tricky :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the Argy leagues, complicated at first until you understand the half season standings etc.

I manage your biggest rivls River :D

Good luck with the Copa Lib's Santos always tricky :)

I have to say that I have really been enjoying it so far. Its been quite an enjoyable challenge.

So you are that sod who manages them and keeps slagging me off in the media.

Boca, boo. Boca, boo. :D

Boca :cool:.

Not a bad draw in the Libertadores.............Santos of course the exception.

Yeah Santos wont be easy, but I feel we are better equiped to deal with them than we were last season and we beat them twice.

So who are the actual champions then? The team that wins the Clausura, the team that tops the calendar year league, or something entirely different? I've never managed in Argentina, but have turned down the opportunity to continue my Brian Clough challenge.

I think buzz2k7 just needs some punctuation for the question to make sense. I think he's asking: Is there a Supercup (something like a Charity Shield or the European Supercup) in Brazil? If there is, and you win the Libertadores, who would be your opponent in the Supercup?
Thank you it didnt sound right in my head either :p

So who are the actual champions then? The team that wins the Clausura, the team that tops the calendar year league, or something entirely different? I've never managed in Argentina, but have turned down the opportunity to continue my Brian Clough challenge.

Yeah it is confusing. There are two league winners each season. One who wins the Apertura, and one who wins the Clausura. Then at the end of the season the total league points are added together for an overall league to say who has finished where over the course of the season, but that isnt shown in the previous winners section of the league so I dont think a title is actually awarded to whoever finishes top overall in the season.

Thank you it didnt sound right in my head either :p
Now if only the rest of the world learned about punctuation ;)

He will learn someday :p.

Had a look at the Argentine system in a bit more depth. So, so weird.

Well done on the CWC, though!

Yeah it is a tad confusing but once you have gone through a season you get used to it.

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - January & February 2034 - Boca Juniors

Clausura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-24.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-16.png

A very mixed start to the Clausura......again. Its like after we have a good Apertura we think we can switch off and not care as much in the Clausura. We kicked things off with a 2-2 draw against San Lorenzo, despite comfortably leading 2-0. We easily beat San Martin (SJ) before a pretty annoying draw away to Velez. We dominated the entire game but just couldnt score and they grabbed a late goal to steal a point. It was a similar story against Banfield when we should have battered them but our finishing was off. The following game had nothing to do with poor finishing, but us just being poor in general. I couldnt wait for us to get back on the bus home as the performance was dire. Luckily we restored some confidence with a hard fought win over All Boys.

Copa Argentina 6th Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-11.png

A very nice win over San Martin (T) as we moved into the 7th Round at a canter. As of yet our opponents are unknown because we are the only team to have played our tie.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2034 - Brazil

Friendly

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-17.png

A very comfortable victory and a very pleasing performance. I was made even happier with the performance due to the fact that a lot of players were withdrawn from the squad by their clubs so I had to call up a lot of players who I usually wouldnt give a second look at, or players who I would class as back-ups. They played really well and give me an extra thought with the World Cup coming up very soon.

Not a great start in the Clausura again. :(

Yeah once again it hasnt been the best, but with us only 4pts off the leading pack I am hoping we can close the gap a little in the coming weeks.

It's always tough to guage where you stand that early. Two wins and you're back in the pack.

As long as All Boys decide not to score 7 goals past every team again.

It's always tough to guage where you stand that early. Two wins and you're back in the pack.

But then equally with such a short season the margin for error can be incredibly slight. I think I dropped points in only 4 games with Velez and only won the title by a point in the end.

But then equally with such a short season the margin for error can be incredibly slight. I think I dropped points in only 4 games with Velez and only won the title by a point in the end.

Yeah thats the way I have found it. Luckily though, despite the fact that we have dropped points, we are on a decent run and catching the leading pack.

That is very true. Short season mean that squads must show up for all matches.

SRL88's Career - March 2034 - Boca Juniors

Clausura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-25.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-17.png

A truely excellent month for us as we bring ourselves right back into contention for the Clausura. We started with a really good 1-0 win over Newell's before a very comfortable win at home to Racing Club. The next two games which followed were tight wins over Belgrano and an excellent Argentinos side. The win over Belgrano, despite a tight 1-0 win was well deserved as we dominated possession. I was delighted with a very good win over Argentinos, especially away from home. A solid win at home to round the month off pull us just a point behind All Boys going into the final few months of the season.

March 2034 - Contunued

Copa Libertadores

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-12.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-7.png

A very nice start to the defence of our trophy. I couldnt have asked for a better start really as two fantastic wins over Santos and Union Espanola were followed up with a solid draw away to Libertad to leave us at the halfway stage in complete control of the group.

Just in case any of you are interested, over in the tactics forum I am currently trying out my first ever thread at analysing my tactics/formation. If you would like a look it can be found here or you can pop over there to have a look :thup:.

Great month. It's really brought you back up to speed in the league. And solid effort in the Libertadores as well! Merlo is freakishly tall for an AMC :lol:.

Cheers fella :thup:.

I hadnt even noticed Merlo's height to be honest.

Luis Arguello looks like he could be a good ST in the future

Yeah he should turn out well if I nurture him properly. Merlo is actually rated as the brighter prospect between the two as well.

Just in case any of you are interested, over in the tactics forum I am currently trying out my first ever thread at analysing my tactics/formation. If you would like a look it can be found here or you can pop over there to have a look :thup:.

Shameless advertising. I'd never do any such thing. ;)

Fantastic month, hopefully All Boys will slip up some more and let you go top.

Yeah fingers crossed, but they dont look like holding up at all :(.

Looking much better now, right behind All Boys. They seem to be doing very well at the moment though!

Cheers AK :thup:. All Boys have just been scary this season. The proof is the fact that with 10 games left in the season they broke the record for number of goals scored in a season. Scary!!!

I'm just going to ignore All Boys as they are just scary.You've done well and hopefully you can take advantage of any slip ups.

I wish I could do the same :(.

You've still had a great season so far. All Boys will be difficult to push aside.

Cheers. They certainly will be difficult. I think next season will probably be our best bet.

SRL88's Career - April 2034 - Boca Juniors

Clausura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-26.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-18.png

Well sadly our hopes of claiming the Clausura are over thanks to two defeats in the month of April. We didnt deserve to be beat in either, esepecially the River Plate game in which we battered them for the whole match without scoring, just for them to score a late goal to steal all three points. In between those defeats we scored a very solid 1-0 win over Lanus before two fantastic performances resulted in two 3-0 wins in a row. Our next game against Independiente was tough. Despite our dominance throughout, they made it really hard for us. Luckily, we scored pretty late on in the game to grab all three points.

April 2034 - Continued

Copa Argentina 7th Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-3-4.png

Due to a bit of fixture congestion, I was forced to play a lot of youngsters, fringe players and reserves in this game. That didnt matter though because despite falling 1-0 down to the Second Division side we managed to come back and claim a 2-1 win to set up a Quater-Final tie at home to San Lorenzo.

Copa Libertadores

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-13.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-2-3.png

An excellent finish to the Group Stage for us as we ensured passage by finishing top of the group. We beat Libertad in what was probably the most dominant 1-0 win I have ever seen. Two late goals in our next game ensured that we grabbed a 3-1 win before we beat Santos away from home 1-0 for the second season in a row.

Archived