SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boca. :cool:

Hope I can succeed with them to keep this cool smiley there.

I love the Argentina leagues, good luck with Boca :D

You arent the first to say that. Hope I enjoy it as much as others.

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2032/33 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

Not the best of pre-season's, but to be fair we did only have a handful of players for the majority of it. Once we got some players in we started to perform and despite a much weaker squad, the games against Newcastle and Arsenal were two very good games indeed.

Transfers - In

Luis De Leon - £1.2m - A very good signing from Uruguay. Can play on either wing or upfront. Will be a brilliant all round player.

Sebastian Cortez - £325k - A vastly experienced defender. Will bring a lot to the squad.

Robert Sinkovec - Free - One of our four allocated places for foreign players. Should prove to be a solid player.

Adama Toure - £2.9m - I am delighted with this signing. We beat a host of European sides to capture his signature.

Mauricio Bermudez - £3.3m - A very young striker with excellent stats. Really looking forward to unleashing him on this league.

Osvaldo Araujo - £1.2m - We lacked right sided midfielders when I joined so I brought this guy in to add a bit of quality, but also some experience to the side.

Marcelo Flores - £1.4m - Snapped up due to the sale of another player (more on that in a bit). We beat a few sides to sign him so I am happy to bring him in.

Mariano Milano - Free - Signed prior to my arrival but despite his ageing years, he could be a valuable asset.

Please Note: Fabian Rivera was signed on loan before I joined. I didnt rate him so I cancelled his the loan deal.

Transfers - Out

There were a few departures during the summer, but the main talking points are the sales of Juan Lopez and Hernan Rocha. I included both in my Key Players on the Season Preview but I decided to sell them both. I couldnt really refuse the £30m offer from Real Madrid for Lopez. It got us well out of the red in our finances and also free'd up some much needed money and wage space for me to bring in a few players. That was also ultimately the reason I sold Rocha as well. He was on £15k per week and we already have a goalkeeper rated on par with him, and one who has plenty of room for improvement. I will show my faith in them.

So with pre-season out the way, we have played our opening league game, but also I have signed a few more players before the close of the transfer window. Lets take a look:

Diego Biscay - £1.1m - A player who I signed when I took over at Galatasaray. He had a fantastic season for me in Turkey and when I saw he was available I snapped him up. Really looking forward to working with him again.

Marcos Novgorosky - Loan - I like to play with a defensive midfielder so instead of searching for one and having to spend money, I brought one in on loan who is very highly rated. He can also cover at centre half.

Luis Giannini - £1m - Should turn out to be a very good squad player. Can also play on the right hand side of midfield.

Nice signings so far. Big money sale. :cool:

Cheers Purefun :thup:.

I have to say, I was delighted to receive a £30m bid for Lopez. I had rejected £18m for him and when they came came back with that I snapped their hands off.

Getting £30m for Lopez is a great deal, you've done well there. He's good, yes, but not £30m good! That £30m will build you a multiple Libertadores-winning side, I'm sure. I like the look of Biscay.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - August 2032 - Brazil

Friendly

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

A nice win over Mali away from home. It was nice for us to actually play an away game and score some goals. This gives me a lot of confidence going into the next set of World Cup Qualifiers. The only issue I have is that since I have taken charge of Brazil, we have played 10 games and my top scorer is Joao who is a centre back with 6 goals. We need goals coming from our front men.

Getting £30m for Lopez is a great deal, you've done well there. He's good, yes, but not £30m good! That £30m will build you a multiple Libertadores-winning side, I'm sure. I like the look of Biscay.

Cheers Snake :thup:.

Yeah I am glad I signed Biscay. I hope he can have similar form to what he did when I managed him at Galatasaray.

SRL88's Career - August 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-1.png

A truely excellent start to life in Argentina. The squad has gelled ever so well and although we arent setting the world alight like some teams have been, we have a togetherness already which says we will fight till the end. We started with an excellent 2-1 win over All Boys, a side who won the Apertura last season. In our next match against Banfield we fought till the death and scored a late winner through debutant Luis Giannini. A very entertaining encounter against Independiente followed which saw well over 40 shots on target in the whole game. They took the lead midway through the first half but with just 15 minutes remaining, a mistake from their goalkeeper was punished as we grabbed a well deserved point. In our final game of the month I must say that we were lucky they had a man sent off which really swung the game towards us. Not that it shouldnt be noted that we were 2-1 up at that stage. Anyway, two fine goals from Mauricio Bermudez gave us a fine 4-1 win to leave us top after the opening month of the season.

Good to see you leave Europe, good luck dude!

Cheers AcidBurn :thup:.

Excellent start in the Apetura.

Also good signing in Bermudez. He will do excellently for you, and should provide the club with some good income if/when a European club comes sniffing around him.

Cheers Tom :thup:.

I agree about Bermudez. After a year or two I can imagine there will be a few of the bigger European clubs sniffing around.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-67.png

This is a deal which really pleases me. Despite his ageing years, Hernan Ojeda is a quality goalkeeper and this will be the third time I will manage him after having him at both Liverpool and Atletico Madrid.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-30.png

Thoroughly deserved if you ask me.

Great goalkeers, but at 37 years old, will be needing a replacement before long.

Should get 2 good seasons out of him.

Ojeda still has awesome stats, btw brilliant deal for Juan Lopez I honestly believe real Madrid over paid :L

Cheers. I also feel they overpaid, but Im not complaining :p.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2032 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-3.png

Two cracking performances away from home see us grab maximum points. We were brilliant in Chile as we walked to a 3-1 win. It was also nice to see our more attacking players take centre stage and grab the goals. In the first half against Argentina we struggled for possession and had to watch as they continued with wave of attack after attack. Luckily we got to half time still level so I had a bit of time to think about what to do. I have to concede that I went to the TomTuck school of tactics and decided to go with three defensive midfielders, but with a slight twist. I set all three defensive midfielders to defend, then played with one CM, one AM and one FW which allowed for us to nulify their attack and dominate possession. We were got control of the game from the half time interval but it wasnt until late on when we grabbed the decisive goal to give us a massive 1-0 win

Haven't kept up with this for a very long time, since the Liverpool days. Not that many seasons ago actually, but definitely a lot of pages ago. :D Bloody hell you post a lot. :D

Good stint with Atlético Madrid, the move to Boca is logical, a big challenge in an iconic club on a decline, and the opportunity to prove yourself in a different continent. I'd have done the same move. Very early times in Argentina but looks like you've started well. The seasons are very short there so any points count, it's important to be first even after only 4 games! :thup:

Aaahhh, people are seeing sense. :brock:

In all seriouness, two crackng victories there. Not that the Boca fans will thank you for the second one!

Haha I am sure they wont fully....but they will probably forgive me for what followed in my next two games with Boca (there is half a spoiler to get you thinking).

Haven't kept up with this for a very long time, since the Liverpool days. Not that many seasons ago actually, but definitely a lot of pages ago. :D Bloody hell you post a lot. :D

Good stint with Atlético Madrid, the move to Boca is logical, a big challenge in an iconic club on a decline, and the opportunity to prove yourself in a different continent. I'd have done the same move. Very early times in Argentina but looks like you've started well. The seasons are very short there so any points count, it's important to be first even after only 4 games! :thup:

Haha. Yes, there certainly has been a bit of change since then. Did you notice my stint with Galatasaray? It was that quick you might have missed it haha.

I am still getting used to things in Argentina. Not sure what to expect as of yet to be honest...but I do know that they like their high scoring games.

Managing in Argentina as well as the Brazilian national side? Brave move.

I would rather use the term showcasing my talent to the wider audience.

SRL88's Career - September 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Pardon my French, but what a ****ing month this was!!! Our fantastic start to the season continues and we got September off to a flying start with a brilliant 5-0 win away to Godoy Cruz with Mauricio Bermudez grabbing his second hat-trick in as many games. We then played Union off the park and grabbed a well deserved 4-0 win. I was expecting the possibility of our first defeat to a strong All Boys side in our next but with confidence so high I shouldnt have even questioned it. We raced into a 2-0 lead and despite them pulling one back the result was never in question. Our final game of September was an entertaining encounter. We took the lead pretty early in the game but conceded just before half time. In the second half, San Lorenzo took the lead with an exact carbon copy of the first goal. This didnt ruffle us though. I made a couple of changes, bringing the fantastic Bermudez off the bench and his prescence swung the game. A brace from our star man completely changed the game as we came from 2-1 down to grab a brilliant 3-2 win in a game we apparently had 'no chance of winning' according to the press.

****ing is French?!?! ;) Who knew I was so bilingual. Great season so far and congrats on the Argentine job too.

Cheers cerud :thup:.

Things couldnt have gone any better for club or country.

Great start with Boca :thup:

Thank you kind Sir :).

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2032 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-4.png

Two solid wins keep us right on course to go to the the 2034 World Cup. We controled the game against Uruguay and 3-0 was the bare minimum that we deserved. Despite dominating the entire game against Peru we just couldnt find the net. Luckily for us however, my former Atletico player Mexilhao popped up in the final 10 minutes to give us another three points.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-33.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-70.png

Although in due time these two would go on to become International players, I firmly believe that their early season form had a huge hand in them becomming so right now.

That's a damned good start on the road to getting Boca back where they always expect to be.

And I think yo're right with the guys getting call-ups. Good form with possibly the continent's bigest club would do their international chances no harm at all. Its always nice to see your guys get a call-up; except when club games continue while the internationals are played.

That's a damned good start on the road to getting Boca back where they always expect to be.

And I think yo're right with the guys getting call-ups. Good form with possibly the continent's bigest club would do their international chances no harm at all. Its always nice to see your guys get a call-up; except when club games continue while the internationals are played.

Cheers fella :thup:.

I am absolutely delighted with how well things have gone so far. Really hoping we can hang on for the last few games to claim the Apertura.

Didn't see you taking over Boca :p Thought you was going to Belgrano :D Good start to the season :)

I was going to join them, but only once the Argentinian season had ended. They wanted me to make a decision with 4 games remaining (2 of them were the Copa Libertadores Final) and I wasnt prepared to at that stage so I rejected them and then got offered the Boca job.

Hey SRL, I started reading this yesterday, and this is one amazing career!! I don't know how you do it, but iit's just fantastic! You've also inspired me to do my own Journeyman Career!! Good luck in Argentina and with Brazil!!

Well thank you kind Sir :thup:.

Good luck in your own journey and if you start a thread I will be following.

SRL88's Career - October 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

A very solid month for us. Its a shame we couldnt beat River in the Superclasico Derby but it was a hard earned point. We followed this up with a cracking 4-1 win before an annoying draw against Lanus. This was a very rare game where I was actually afraid we might get beat. A nice win against Racing Club followed before a very important game against Newell's. A win for them would have kept the Apertura title race wide open, but two late goals game us an important 2-0 win put us well and truely in the driving seat.

Excellent October dude, very much on course for the Apertura. :thup:

Agree with you about the deals on offer, decent, but not worth even considering leaving for.

Just 6 games to go until the end of the Apertura, and the first league title of the season. We are in a good position.

Looking very good at the moment with both Boca and Brazil :thup:

I feel like you should stay, it's to soon to move again.

The thought never even crossed my mind. I have since been linked with Everton and Juventus.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-72.png

This was a pleasent surprise to see. The thought didnt even cross my mind but to see someone break Cafu's long standing record is a very nice thing for a player to achieve. At 32yo, he still has a couple of years left in him and as my captain he will be leading our side to the 2034 World Cup so this record will be extended further.

Archived