SRL88

SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

4,193 posts in this topic

Are you following in Graeme Souness' footsteps?! ;) If so, Southampton and Torino better brace themselves :D

Good luck!

Haha. I like to think of myself as a little better than that ;).

TurkishPremierDivisionOverview_Rules.png

Something I have just noticed actually. Talk about an incentive to win games.

Interesting, never seen a league before where prize money is paid out for winning each individual game - the Turkish game must have progressed in recent years because in my save in 2015 the prize money for a win is only £238k

Interesting, never seen a league before where prize money is paid out for winning each individual game - the Turkish game must have progressed in recent years because in my save in 2015 the prize money for a win is only £238k

Yeah I was surprised after we won a game in the league to receive money so I checked. Definitely not worth complaining about.

Our last transfers of the Summer window

Transfer(s) - In

Ibrahim San - £5m - Home grown and well worth it. A very solid looking full back.

Transfer(s) - Out

Had to be sold in all honesty. A very good player, but approaching 30 and on high wages. It was the right decision.

awesome that you moved to galatasaray. Never seen anyone doing a journyman career with that team.

TurkishPremierDivisionOverview_Rules.png

Something I have just noticed actually. Talk about an incentive to win games.

That was one of the reasons I wanted to win every game at GS. :D

awesome that you moved to galatasaray. Never seen anyone doing a journyman career with that team.

Yeah its an interesting move and one I am really enjoying so far.

That was one of the reasons I wanted to win every game at GS. :D

I have to say that I now want to go all out in every game :D.

Great prize money! Will definitely pay for more than a fw players depending on how far you're able to go.

englandnationalteamb_151661-1.jpg

SRL88's Career - February 2029 - England

World Cup Qualifiers

EnglandFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-3.png

Two good performances give us maximum points from our two games. We were really on song and were heading for top spot in the group but with moments remaining, the Czech's grabbed themselves two goals to hang onto top spot.

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-2-2.png

With the fixtures remaining, I fully expect us to have to go through the play-off's.

Great prize money! Will definitely pay for more than a fw players depending on how far you're able to go.

Win every game :lol:.

Nice earner that league.

Agreed :).

200px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

SRL88's Career - September 2029 - Galatasaray SK

Super Lig

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

TurkishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

I really couldnt have asked for a better start to life at Galatasaray really. We started the season with a fine 2-1 win over the leagu holders and our biggest rivals Fenerbache got us off to a fantastic start. We then put in a fantastic display against Trabzonspor to win 3-1. Ths was followed up by a fine 5-1 win and then probably one of the best wins of my career. We went down to 10 men against Dardanelspor when the score was 0-0 before falling behind. What followed was amazing. We came from a goal down to score a wonderful 4-1 win with 10 men. A comfortable 3-0 win followed before we were made to battle for a 1-1 draw, but this was still an excellent start to the season.

September 2029 - Continued

Champions League

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-11.png

So gutting. We were just say the better team, but we conceded with literally the last kick of the game. Still, 5 games to go so I am still confident.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-29.png

Truely deserved. Excellent opening month from our captain.

You got a bit of prize money already. :cool:

And good Korean striker you got from his performances in the league and in Europe.

You got a bit of prize money already. :cool:

And good Korean striker you got from his performances in the league and in Europe.

Haha yeah, just a bit. I should keep a total of how much we win in prize money :p.

Sang-Woo has been unreal. Absolutely brilliant performances. I think I may post a screenshot of him later when I get home ;).

So that's why Galatasaray always end up one of the richest clubs in the game...

So that's why Galatasaray always end up one of the richest clubs in the game...

If they win week in week out that is.

Could you post a former winner of turkish league pic? :p

Yeah I will do it when I get home tonight.

Great start to the campaign :)

Sang-Woo has been unreal. Absolutely brilliant performances. I think I may post a screenshot of him later when I get home ;).

KimSang-WooOverview_Attributes.png

Could you post a former winner of turkish league pic? :p
Yeah I will do it when I get home tonight.

TurkishPremierDivisionHistory_PastWinners.png

Great start to the campaign :)

Cheers fella.

Lol looks about right fener gala fener winning the league over and over again.

and woah kim sang woo got some awesome mental and physical skills.

Sang Woo looks amazing attribute wise. :thup:

And hopefully Fenerbahce doesn't win another title in a long time. :lol:

Lol looks about right fener gala fener winning the league over and over again.

and woah kim sang woo got some awesome mental and physical skills.

Sang Woo looks amazing attribute wise. :thup:

And hopefully Fenerbahce doesn't win another title in a long time. :lol:

Fenerbahce wont win the league whilst I am in charge ;).

You are both right though, Sang-Woo :cool:. Just wish he wasnt getting paid that much haha.

englandnationalteamb_151661-1.jpg

SRL88's Career - October 2029 - England

World Cup Qualifying

EnglandFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-4.png

A little frustrating but there wasnt much that we really could have done as the Czech Republic won both of their games. Sadly for us, we will have to settle for the Play-Off's.

World Cup Play-Off Draw

WorldCupEuropeanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-2-3.png

Could have been worse.....a lot worse in fact. Im really pleased that we avoided Spain and Holland and I think we should be more than able to dispatch Serbia.

Wow you should be really happy with Serbia. Denmark, Holland and Spain would be the worse teams to play against.

But who knows maybe Serbia is a good team in 2029. Good luck

Great start in Galatasaray. Not so good with England, but I guess playing Serbia is not that bad.

World Cup qualification is always difficult no matter who you are. Qualifying by playoffs still get you in :)

Well, at least you avoided Spain and Holland. Great start to life with Galatasaray, Sang-Woo looks class!

Wow you should be really happy with Serbia. Denmark, Holland and Spain would be the worse teams to play against.

But who knows maybe Serbia is a good team in 2029. Good luck

Yeah I am really pleased to have avoided the bigger nations. We have a much better chance of qualifying now.

Great start in Galatasaray. Not so good with England, but I guess playing Serbia is not that bad.

Cheers :thup:.

World Cup qualification is always difficult no matter who you are. Qualifying by playoffs still get you in :)

As long as we are at the party I dont care.

Well, at least you avoided Spain and Holland. Great start to life with Galatasaray, Sang-Woo looks class!

Cheers Scarman :thup:.

Serbia should be managable.

The first leg will be key. If we can go there and get a positive result, even if its a draw we will be in the drivers seat.

200px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

SRL88's Career - October 2029 - Galatasaray SK

Super Lig

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

TurkishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-1.png

The most possible perfect month for us which got off to a great start with a 3-0 win over my former side Kirklarelispor. We followed this up with two fine 2-0 wins away from home before dispatching BUGSAS at home to go through the entire month having won every game without conceding with the gap at the top being 6pts.

October 2029 - Continued

Champions League

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-12.png

Well with three games remaining we still have a chance of qualification. We beat German side OH 2-1 at home before a trip to Germany. I wasnt expecting anything from a game against a side who had won the league 13 seasons in a row and have also been in the Champions League Final for 6 of the last 7 seasons.

Our remaining fixtures are now Bayern (h), Rangers (h) and OH (a). Rangers face OH (h), Us (a), Bayern (h) and OH have Rangers (a), Bayern (a) and Us (h).

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-30.png

Im on another mission to make this club's facilities amongst the best in the world :cool:.

Fantastic start in Galatasaray. KUTGW!

Cheers fella. It has been a pretty unbelievable start.

Great start to the campaign so far!

Wow at thats champions league groupe. Looks like anyone will be able to go trough

I think you might be a bit better than the rest of the teams in the league ;)

Great start to the campaign so far!

Cheers fella :thup:.

Wow at thats champions league groupe. Looks like anyone will be able to go trough

Indeed. I am still very confident that we can go through though.

I think you might be a bit better than the rest of the teams in the league ;)

Haha it would seem that way. Still plenty of time left in the season for things to change though.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-17.png

Woah!! Now I have a decision. Forget about budgets etc, but this is the one German club I want to manage and it is one of my targets to manage them in my career. I have really grown to love this club over the last few years in real life so I really have a tough decision on my hands.

I have been at Galatasaray for little over 4 months but dont know whether to leave or not already. Im enjoying my time in Turkey, but is Hoffenheim to good for me to turn down or shall I hold out to manage them later on in my career?

Help!!!

If a club close to your heart approaches you, you take it. That offer may not materialise again for a very long time, if at all.

I agree. If it's a club that you aim to manage at some stage in this career, it could be a while before the offer comes up again. Take it :D

For me, 4 months would always be too soon to go.

If a club close to your heart approaches you, you take it. That offer may not materialise again for a very long time, if at all.
I agree. If it's a club that you aim to manage at some stage in this career, it could be a while before the offer comes up again. Take it :D
I agree with the others, take the chance while it's there.
For me, 4 months would always be too soon to go.

I am still unsure what to do about the job and can only delay it for a week. Looks like I have a big decision on my hands but I agree with what everyone is saying on both sides of the board.

Really enjoyed catching up on this career and the new chapter at Galatasaray. They are a team close to my heart so my choice would be to stay with them. However, as Daz and Raware say, if you don't take the Hoffenhiem job now, you may never get the chance again...