SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! And I thought I'd done well to get to 300!

Well done with Argentina, top spot in the qualifying, not that is matters particularly, is all but secured.

Cheers Tom :thup:.

Top-notch report from the Echo on Ord's contract their. Just as you'd expect. ;)

Quality reporter ;).

Brad Guzann is a top manager? What the eff.

Brad Guzan and his career.

Im surprised he was linked but he didnt get the job anyway.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionov.png

A much better month for us as we finally turned our chances into goals. We dominated Man City for large spells but like our previous games against Blackburn & Cardiff we failed to find the net but got back on track in style against Birmingham. We found things difficult to be fair but our class showed with two fantastic goals from Chris Ord and a solid display was rounded off by Bogdan Patrascu. We completely controlled the game against Fulham and I made a few changes as well so was delighted to come away with a 2-0 win.

League Cup 3rd Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturc.png

It took extra-time but we got the win in the end. We took the lead through Chris Ord but were pegged back immediately. We then took a 2-1 lead but conceded a late goal to take things to the extra period. In extra-time we took control as Swansea tired and Sinai's first goal from the club and an own goal ensured we booked our place in the 4th Round where we will face Wolves.

September 2025 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

europeanchampionscupove.png

A mixed start to our European campaign as we got off to a flyer in Spain with a brilliant 5-0 win. The game against Besiktas was similar to the one against Blackburn in the league. We dominated for large spells, took the lead but then after making 3 substitutions the Turks injured two of our players to leave us with 9 men before scoring a late goal to level things up.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - October 2025 - Argentina

World Cup Qualifiers

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

A stinker of an end to our qualifying campaign. I know we had nothing to play for but I was pretty annoyed. The less thats said about these two games the better!!!

We have to friendlies in November away to Greece and Georgia before the World Cup draw is made in December.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Following their failure to reach the World Cup after finishing 3rd in their group, Russia sacked their manager and offered me the role but I am not interested.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturg.png

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

We are really struggling to be honest and I dont know why. You will see in the updates belowe what I mean...but we really are finding things difficult this season. The confidence is dipping and we just cant hang on to a lead. We went ahead against Swansea but they pegged us back immediately. We were only 1-0 up against Wolves until late on but scored two late goals to make it look comfortable while against Arsenal we took the lead, they scored and we were the better side until they scored with just 5 minutes to go. We have a lot of work to do if we are going to win this title and we really need to pull our fingers out.

League Cup 4th Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturp.png

Our struggled continued into the Cup when we were beat in extra-time by Wolves. We were leading 2-1 until a last minute goal took things into extra-time and they took scored what turned out to be the winner.

October 2025 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturu.png

europeanchampionscupove.png

This was the first of our trio of defeats in October. We struggled with the cold in Russia (thats my excuse anyway) and didnt turn up in the first half. I had a go at half time and it seemed to work but our second half performance (and goal) wasnt enough as we went down 2-1. We have the return tie against Anji as well as a trip to Besiktas and a game at home to Betis so hopefully we will qualify.

Nice to see Ord sign a new contract,hope you can overcome the problems you've had in October.

Best bit of news in what is so far a poor season.

Bit of a drab start to the season, but there's loads of time to make amends yet.

We should turn it around but both Manchester clubs are going strong.

40677824.png

SRL88's Career - November 2025 - Argentina

Friendlies

argentinafixturesfixtur.png

Two excellent friendly wins to get the defeats from qualifying out of our system. We played really well in both games and confidence shot back up. We won the game against Greece in the first half with all three goals coming from defender Walter Vera. The second half was basically played at half pace from both sides and we scored a comfortable win. Against Georgia we fell behind but hit back immediately to level things up. I made numerous changes at half time and we bossed the second half, with the winner coming after 53 minutes to give us another win, just a month before the World Cup draw.

Excellent career, what are you aims/hopes post-Liverpool?

I want to manage Hoffenheim in Germany so that is a major aim. I wouldnt mind a crack at Spain and at least one of USA, Argentina or Brazil.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturo.png

englishpremierdivisionog.png

A really mixed month for us. Our poor form continued away to Leicester but we bounced back with a very nice win over Newcastle. Our turn around in form continued with the destruction of Stoke at the Britannia which saw us lead 5-0 at half time. We added a sixth in the second half to give us a massive win. Our next game came against our biggest rivals and we absolutely dominated them. We took the lead in the first half but Eden Hazard levelled things on the brink of half time. The second half saw wave after wave of Liverpool attack with David De Gea keeping Man Utd in the game ensuring we had to settle for a point. The game against Aston Villa just pissed me off. We were 2-0 up and comfortable, then they had a man sent off and with 10 minutes to go they grabbed a goal to give them hope and turned that hope into reality when they scored in injury time. Lets just say I was ****ing annoyed because if we are going to win this title we arent helping ourselves at all.

November 2025 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturx.png

europeanchampionscupovei.png

Two big wins in Europe ensured that we qualified from our group with a game to spare and go into the final game away to Besiktas needing to at least equal Anji's result to make sure we take top spot in the group. The Anji game was the one which turned our fortunes around in the month as we blew them away with the first of our two 6-0 win's in the month. I rested numerous players for the Betis game but it was easy and we walked to a 4-0 win.

worldcuptrophyfifa.jpg

2026 FIFA World Cup Draw

worldcupoverviewstages.png

worldcupoverviewstages2.png

worldcupoverviewstages3.png

I am pretty happy with our group to be honest. We were in pot 3 for the draw, meaning we could have been drawn with the likes of Spain, Germany, England etc so to get Mexico is a pretty pleasing. We have revenge on our mind after they beat us in the Copa America Group Stage so hopefully we can get one back on them. The other two teams, Slovenia and Tunisia should provide us with three points as I am looking to get top spot in this group.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2025 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturp.png

englishpremierdivisionohv.png

Our troubles continue as we just cant string any results together. This is really turning into a season to forget. Chelsea took advantage of our poor finishing as we went down 2-0. At Goodison we should have won. Once again we took the lead and played the majority of the match against 10 men but they scored late on to grab a point. We god back to winning ways with a hard fought win over Spurs at Anfield but struggled to break down a stubborn West Ham side as chances once again went begging. Our confidence looked shattered against West Brom and even though they are struggling themselves, they took advantage of us and deserved their 3-1 win.

December 2025 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixturb.png

europeanchampionscupovey.png

A late goal from us grabbed a point in Turkey in what was an otherwise poor performance. Luckily for us, our second place finish wasnt so bad as we have the best possible draw available against PSG in the First Knockour Round.

It's refreshing to see you struggling! Makes me feel better about my own abilities. This season is a big challenge for you. Do you think a rebuild might be needed in the summer?

Thanks.....I think ha.

I have made a couple of signings in January which will only help strengthen the side. As for the summer Im not sure. I thought we had done some sort of rebuilding in the summer which has just passed but obviously not. I will have to look at the squad closely again.

Strange to see you struggling but the others will slip at during the season, I am confident we will see you easy in the 4 before the end of the season.

Fingers crossed we are there but I remain confident.

Looks like your aims for the league this season need re-evaluating. Maybe just making sure you finish in the top four should be the aim, aswell as doing all you can to lift either the FA Cup or the Champions League?

A top 4 finish, adding the FA Cup and a strong run in the Champions League can only be seen as a success in a certain light.

Still time to save it to some extent.
Still a lot of time to bring it around.
As others have said, there's plenty of time to turn things around. At least you've qualified for the knockout rounds of the Champions League; that'll keep the monkey off your back a bit longer.

Cheers lads :thup:.

liverpoolreservesvmanut.png

Just thought this was worth posting. Its the second year in a row we have won the U19 European Cup which really shows the strength of the youngsters coming through at the club.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturk.png

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

A much better month from us as we turned around our fortunes. We battled for the win over Blackburn with Chris Ord at the double. We conceded late on for a tense finish but hung on for a massive 2-1 win. Against Blackpool we dominated but struggled in front of goal but new signing Sammy Black scored on his league debut in the absence of Chris Ord through injury and a second half goal from the returning Celio gave us another 2-1 win. We put in an excellent display against Cardiff to come away 4-0 winners before a trip to Manchester. We found things tough in the first half as City dominated but after words at half time we put in a spirited display in the second half and limited Man City's attack and we finally got our reward in injury time through an Augusto penalty to claim a big 1-1 draw.

FA Cup 3rd & 4th Rounds

liverpoolfixturesfixturx.png

We managed to get through a very tight tie against Spurs thanks to a replay and a goal from Scott Kironde to set up a tie against League 1 side Derby. Sammy Black was the star of the show with a hat-trick in an easy tie which saw us have 24 shots at goal to there 0. This sets up a 5th Round tie at home to Wolves.

Two signings for us in January to help strengthen and hopefully help turn around what has been a poor season thus far.

Sammy Black - £8.5m - A striker signed from Celtic who has made a good start to his Anfield career. He will mainly be used as a back-up to Ord but in his abscence has done a solid job.

Ganso - £18.5m - Signed from Arsenal for a big price tag but looks a solid signing. I was looking to add quality to the midfield and this guy fitted the bill so we snapped him up from an Arsenal side who are in a period of selling at the club.

Transfers - Out

A couple of loans out for first team experience but the month also saw the twisty Mark Hunter leave the club to join Dutch giants Ajax. He had been moaning about first team football despite only being a back-up and also wanted a contract at a whopping £70k p/w which I wasnt prepared to go near so I cashed in on him and made a profit from when we signed him.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2026 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturm.png

englishpremierdivisionot.png

A perfect month. Three wins and no goals conceded. Our football isnt as flowing as it has been in the last few seasons but confidence is slowly being restored. We started the month with a win over Birmingham in a game which we completely dominated but nearly threw away. We gave away a last minute penalty only for them Ojeda to save it and hand us all three points. We travelled to Fulham in our next game and won a hard fought battle with the strugglers. Fuska gave us the lead with a neat finish before Sammy Black continued his fine form since signing for us to give us a 2-0 win. We went to The Liberty to conclude our league month and got a solid 2-0 win there to climb up to fourth in the table.

February 2026 - Continued

FA Cup 5th Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturd.png

A solid win over Wolves see's us into the next round. We made hard work of it but got the job done. We have the hardest task possible now as we face Man City away from home in the Quater-Final.

P.S. Darlington :cool:.

Champions Leaue 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

liverpoolfixturesfixturt.png

We hold a nice lead for the return leg in Paris thanks to a battling display at Anfield. We took the lead mid-way through the second half thanks to an own goal and looked set to have to settle for a slender lead, but the returning Chris Ord scored in injury time to make it 2-0 and make things look a lot better.

Archived