SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

I'd turn it down. Picked up in Turkey and you should reach the play offs. They are 20th for a reason and there is not much to play around with financially due to being so close to the wage budget. Looks like hard work and more suited to taking over that kind of job in the summer when you have time for a lot of transfers.
Bit tricky, but I'd lean towards staying.
Brilliant month after an inconsistent start :thup:

I personally would turn down the Wycombe offer and see if I could get promoted, but it does look like a good offer.

Ive taken all your opinions into consideration and turned Wycombe down. I will stick it out in Turkey till the end of the season.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - December 2012 - Kirklareli Spor

Turkish Division Two Group A

kirklarelisporfixturesfu.png

turkishseconddivisionov.png

Back to normal in the league I see!!! A really poor month with some poor performances. I cant see us making the play-offs if we continue to play like this. With the winter break here, we now have a chance to recharge our batteries and go at it again, and I will also work on things such as a more effective formation.

Very interesting career so far.Had a solid first season,just ashame to see the 2nd not panning out to be as successful although you made the right decision in rejecting the Wycombe offer :)

100% agree. This season has been very frustrating all because of what we achieved last season. Will keep working till the end of the season, but my contract expires then and I wont be staying. Counting down the days ha.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - January/February 2013 - Kirklareli Spor

kirklarelisporfixturesf.png

Talk about an inconsistent team!!! What a month Febraury was for us...another perfect month. Once again we occupy a play-off berth, but knowing the way this side has performed so far this season we will lose our next three. Our remaining fixtures will be vital.

Transfer(s)

Abdulkerim Ocal - Centre half who arrived injured, but is now fit and looks a really good player for this level.

Murat Bolukbas - Will provide cover for those already there, but was signed when I had all my strikers either suspended/injured. Signed until the end of the season.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - March 2013 - Kirklareli Spor

Another solid month from us which really pleases me. The reason we have a game in hand is because our game against bottom of the table side Sancaktepe was postponed which has been re-arranged to a later date. Our next two games are against them and 3rd bottom Luleburgazspor. Going well so far!!!

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - April 2013 - Kirklareli Spor

Looks like we are hitting a little bit of form at just the right time. We currently sit in the play-off spots and our 3 remaining fixtures will make or break our season. All against clubs in and around us so its going to be tough to stay in there. I think 4 from 9 might be enough for us.

Yes, two big, must-win games coming up. I'm following this with interest. Really hope you make the play-offs :)

Good luck from Hereford United :)

Cheers mate :thup:.

Got the results I needed in those games so we're sitting nicely in the league with 3 games remaining :).

stevenlongstaffnewsinboh.png

So they want me to sign for another year. Although I have said all along that I intend to leave come the end of the season, I think it all falls down to how we perform from now till the end. If we manage to gain promotion then I will seriously consider the offer, but if not then I cant see myself wanting a third year with this team.

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - May 2013 - Kirklareli Spor

We remained unbeaten until the end of the season to clinch a play-off spot for the second year in a row. Absolutely delighted with ther performances of the lads as it didnt look possible in the first half of the season.

The play-off draw has been quite kind really. We face a team who finished 3rd in their league, but that goal difference gives me a lot of optimism!!!

Well done. A very good run of results at the end there.

The season has definitely been more challenging than last season was. Your team have fought hard and that often makes them stronger....

good luck in the play-offs. If you get promoted, stay with Kirklarelispor, otherwise, it depends on what happens, and how close you come, but I'm sure you will get plenty of good offers if you decide to move on... :)

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - The Play-Offs - Kirklareli Spor

Quater-Final

So the Quater-Final drew us against Group B side Tokatspor who had finished 3rd in their league with a pretty poor goal difference. I was confident that if we got at them, we would produce the goods.

A fantastic win for us in the quater-finals as it got us past the stage we got to last season. We started slowly, but once we got into the game we seemed to be in control and fully deserved our 2-0 win.

Semi-Final

So into the Semi-Final. We were drawn against Group A side Pendikspor who we had faced on four previous occassions. Would we be up to the task???

Hello no!!!!!! I dont think there is a way for me to say how mad I am without getting reported ha. We were shocking. No shots at goal gave us no chance of winning. Deserved to go out and we got thumped doing so. Really annoyed with the players, but overall, another good season.

Well done. A very good run of results at the end there.

The season has definitely been more challenging than last season was. Your team have fought hard and that often makes them stronger....

good luck in the play-offs. If you get promoted, stay with Kirklarelispor, otherwise, it depends on what happens, and how close you come, but I'm sure you will get plenty of good offers if you decide to move on... :)

Take a look mate :mad:.

Definately think Im off now!!

krklar1.jpg

SRL88's Career - Season Review - 2012/13 - Kirklareli Spor

Turkish Second Division - Results 1 - Results 2 (3rd - Lost in Play-Off Semi-Final's)

So we proved that last season wasnt a fluke by reaching the play-offs for the second season in a row. It didnt look possible until the turn of the year and we had a really good run-in to claim a play-off spot on the final day of the season. I was really pleased with our form from February onwards and we fully deserved our place in the play-off's.

We managed to beat Tokatspor in the Quater-Final, but Pendikspor was a step to far and we went out in the Semi-Final.

Turkish Cup (Lost in 1st Round)

We had 10 men and went out. Not much more needs to be said.

Transfers - Finances

I added a lot more quality to the side this season, and although it took them a bit of time to gel, when they did it was brilliant.

There is seriously no money to be made in this league. No TV revenue at all and poor achievement money as well.

Squad

A much better squad this season and there were some good performers. A lot of players have been tied down for next season so there are just a few tweaks in that squad to help it achieve.

My Top 3 Players

Ishak Topcu - Had a solid season considering he was stuck on the wing for most of it. It took him a while to get his first goal, but when he did he seemed unstoppable.

Ilkem Ozkaynak - What a player this guy is for this level. Really good full back.

Huseyin Kartal - Not the best season performance wise, but he was once again my top scorer, and in doing so became the clubs all-time leading goalscorer with 23 goals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season | Team | League | Country | League Position | Notes |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2011/12 | Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A | Turkey | 5th | Play-Off Quater Finalists |
| 2012/13 | Kirklareli Spor | Second Division Group A | Turkey | 3rd | Play-Off Semi Finalists |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/Code]

[size=3][b]Next Season?[/b][/size]

Well thats it for me with this club. If we were promoted it would have been a different matter but we never. Ive achieved all that I can with this club so its time for both of us to move on.

stevenlongstaffnewsinboq.png

So my exit has been confirmed and I am on the unemployment list. There are plenty of jobs available, and some I would have a shout of getting, but not sure if I should apply for jobs or if I should have myself a little holiday first.

That's a pity, good start though.

The lack of money at the level of Turkish football the club was at was annoying. We were making a £50k loss every month because there was nothing coming in. With them being in the red as well, it would have limited who I could have signed. Was best that I left.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbov.png

Well my first job offer since my resignation at Kirklareli Spor is from Chinese team Baxy. Over their wage bill, insecure finances and currently 11th in the Chinese First Division.

Do you guys think I should jump back into management, or be a bit more patient?

I'd wait a bit more rather than take that.
*deleted double post*

Haha. Never took that job, but this one might be a bit tough for me to turn down:

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Darlington Football Club. Why tough? Because they are the most local club I could possibly take charge of on FM.

Currently 14th in the BSP and although the wages/finances dont look great, it might be a bit difficult for me to reject this. Might have to consult Snake :p.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - New Club Update - Darlington FC

Name: Darlington Football Club

Nickname: The Quakers

Stadium: Darlington Arena (25,033 all-seater)

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

So I was offered the chance to take charge of the most local club I could possibly manage on FM and formally took charge of Darlington FC on Saturday 5th October 2013.

Board Expectations:

Blue Square Premier:- Challenge for the Title (Possible.....14th on arrival, just 5pts off top spot)

FA Cup:- Second Round

FA Trophy:- Reach the Final

My Expectations:

Blue Square Premier:- Play-off's (I dont want to set my standards to high just incase we dont meet them)

FA Cup:- 3rd Round (A tie at Anfield, The Emirates etc would be nice)

FA Trophy:- Final

Budget(s):

Transfer:- £0

Wage:- £12,742 (Currently spending £13,633)

Balance:- -£940,030

Squad:

There are some very good players in the squad but a few to many midfielders. A few signings are probably needed, but overall I am pretty happy with the squad I have inherrited.

Key Player(s):

Dave O'Loughlin - GK: At 17yo he is the clubs current no1. Has a bright future ahead of him and is already rated at 3* with a 5* potential.

Graeme Lee - CB: My first job as manager was to make him my new captain. His experience could be key.

Jonathan - LB: Former Malaga full-back. Looks like he will be good going forward.

Thomas Dossevi - FW: Current top scorer at the club, and probably the best striker. His goals will be crucial.

The right decision to move to England,now lets see if you can get success with your most local club :D
Good luck with Darlo :thup:
Good move, good luck!
Think I would have left Turkey at that stage too. GL at Darlington

Cheers lads :).

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - October 2013 - Darlington FC

Blue Square Premier

darlingtonfixturesfixtu.png

bluesquarebetpremierove.png

What a great start to life in my beloved County Durham :D. Really couldnt have asked for more from the lads. We have been performing very well in the league and it showed in our results. It could have been better, but I wont complain.

Lovely read so far mate, unlucky in Turkey! You've got around what I had in League 1 with Preston!

So if you don't win every game of the season I'll be having words! :D

Edit: Didn't refresh, I'M HAVING WORDS!

Sorry boss :(

Good luck with Darlington, you've made an excellent start :thup:

Cheers mate :thup:.

Alright lads. As mentioned in one of my OP's, with it being Christmas and having kids, I will be a bit busy over the holidays, so I doubt that I will be able to get my save loaded until after New Year. I will be picking my save up afterwards though so hopefully you will all be here when I return ha. Hope you all have a good Christmas and New Year. Speak soon :).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I know its been a while since I posted, but for those of you interested, I will have access to the Internet again in the next few days so I will be able to get back into the updates. Speak soon :thup:.

At exactly midnight tonight I will my Internet back on and have my first month onwards to update with Darlington. It will definately be done tonight though fella's :).

Great read SRL88, Just realised you are doing this so I was sat reading it last night, nice to see you with the mighty Darlo! Shame what is happening to them in real life. I didn't know you're from up here, I'm from Northallerton if you know where that is. :lol:

Great read SRL88, Just realised you are doing this so I was sat reading it last night, nice to see you with the mighty Darlo! Shame what is happening to them in real life. I didn't know you're from up here, I'm from Northallerton if you know where that is. :lol:

Cheers mate :). I was working late last night and just couldnt be bothered to do any updates. Will hopefully be posting some updates tonight :thup:.

Yeah I know where Northallerton is. Played football there a few times in County Cup games etc. Im originally from Kirk Merrington which is next to Spennymoor, but close to Bishop Auckland as well but Ive recentley moved in with my girlfriend and currently live in Langley Park which is in the middle of Durham & Consett!!!

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - November 2013 - Darlington FC

Blue Square Premier

november2013leagueresul.png

november2013bsp.png

A pretty poor month with a couple of dissappointing defeats which leaves us stuck in mid-table. Luckily we arent to far off the play-offs so its not to much of a worry.

FA Cup

november2013facup.png

Some poor showings in the FA Cup resulted in us going out on penalties to Lincoln. No money spinning tie for me this season then.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - December 2013 - Darlington FC

Blue Square Premier

december2013leagueresul.png

december2013bsp.png

We entered a busy Christmas period with a good victory over struggling Blyth. Just 1 defeat in the month was to come and we climbed nicely up the league table and into the play-off spots. Really pleased with performances throughout December.

FA Trophy

december2013fatrophy.png

A comfortable victory in the first round and gave us a 2nd Round tie against Dover.

darlington.jpg

SRL88's Career - January 2014 - Darlington FC

Blue Square Premier

january2014leagueresult.png

january2014bsp.png

We entered January in pretty good form, but it got off to the worst possible start away to high flying Newport County. We should have beaten Crewe, but were lucky against Forest Green, but results kept us just outside the play-offs.

FA Trophy

january2014fatrophy.png

We beat Dover as comprehensively as we beat Colwyn Bay and moved on into the 3rd Round.

Transfer(s)

Jason Banton - The left winger arrives on loan from Huddersfield. A solid signing who will be vital in my push for promotion.

Josh Croft - Will add strength in depth.

Luke Hubbins - Another loanee who would add to my lack of wingers.

Matthew Prickett - Another player on loan.

Archived