SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

I can just hear it now...

Generic Chelsea advisor: "Mr Abramovich, after our dismay collapse this season, I believe the answer to our problems is Paul Dickov. This a man of fine footballing pedigree having managed such fine clubs as Oldham Athletic!" :D

Probably fired everyone else.

Haha. No more managers available. Paul Dickov probably did the best job as well. They have had a few shocking appointments mind.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturk.png

englishpremierdivisionow.png

A really good month for us despite our first defeat of the season to our bitter rivals. We put in a really impressive display against Cardiff before a tough battle agiainst Blackburn. We really had to dig deep but managed to come away with all three points. Leicester was just one of them games. We dominated but struggled to find the lethal touch, but a late Chris Ord goal gave us all three points. We played really well against Man Utd as well. We set ourselves up to soak up any pressure they put on us and hit them on the counter and it worked a treat. We found ourselves a goal up but a Rob Wilson sending off in the first half hit us hard. We hung on in there but after making all three substitutions we received an injury which resulted in us playing the last 25 minutes with 9 men and thats when Man Utd took advantage. I cant fault the effort though and I am really pleased with our performances so far.

November 2023 - Continued

Champions League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

europeanchampionscupovep.png

Two fantastic away performances in Europe seals top spot in the group with a game to go. We put in a very disciplined performance in Milan to come away with a point before we travelled to Greece. We fell behind but battled our way back into the game and grabbed a big 3-1 win.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2023 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

A pretty frustrating December for us in more ways than one. We should have destroyed WBA but just couldnt find the back of the net. We then travelled to The Emirates and former Arsenal player Scott Kironde scored a late goal to give us all three points. In the Merseyside Derby we battered Everton. We fell behind but Chris Ord and a late Rob Wilson goal looked to have sealed all three points, but with just their 2nd shot at goal they scored late on to grab a draw which they didnt deserve. We came from behind against Sunderland to grab a draw of our own and then finished off 2023 with two much needed wins against Stoke & Wolves to see us top the league going into 2024.

League Cup Quater Final

liverpoolfixturesfixturp.png

A straightforward win over QPR sets up a game against Norwich in the Semi-Final. We really should be looking to win this competition from here.

You've been a busy boy!

A cuple of good months there, though the draws you are having may hold you back when it gets to the latter stages of the season! You need to start putting teams to the sword!

EDIT - Chris Ord, my footballing hero.

You've been a busy boy!

A cuple of good months there, though the draws you are having may hold you back when it gets to the latter stages of the season! You need to start putting teams to the sword!

EDIT - Chris Ord, my footballing hero.

Yeah its been a tough couple of months with fixtures coming thick and fast. Ive also had a few injuries/suspensions to contend with as well.

Chris Ord is probably the best regen forward I have had. He has been unbelievable in the 3 1/2 seasons I have had him.

I think Barca is a winnable tie.

I think we have a good chance, its just we got the worst possible draw.

Barca have struggled quite often in La Liga as my end of season post(s) show.

Excellent first half of the season,hope you can carry on that form and beat Barca.Also well done Chris Ord winning World Player of the Year.

Cheers BWG :thup:.

I can only dream that we'll have a striker like this in real life one day again :(

Would have been nice this season if we had a striker who could put the ball in the back of the net :(.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturj.png

englishpremierdivisionoh.png

An absolutely fantastic month for us. I really couldnt have asked for more. Following a tough Christmas period we started the new year with a trip to London against a Chelsea who were sitting in 4th at the time. Although they fell down to 10 men, we got our tactics spot on and deserved a 1-0 win. We followed this up with a comfortable win over Wigan before a trip to the City of Manchester. We put a fantastic disciplined a brilliant 2-1 and my first win away to Man City as Liverpool manager. We also followed that up with a comfortable with over Aston Villa to give us a 100% record in January to open up a bit of a gap at the top of the table.

FA Cup 3rd Round

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

Well it took a replay, much to my annoyance, but we managed to comfortably beat Boro to move into the 4th Round where we will face Crawley.

January 2024 - Continued

League Cup Semi-Final

liverpoolfixturesfixturz.png

So we are into the League Cup Final. Norwich put up a good fight in the first leg but we were always in control and deserved our 4-2 win. A straight forward second leg victory sends us into the Final where we will face struggling Premiership side Cardiff.

Transfer - In

Davidson - £29.5m - Just the one signing in January and for a pretty big fee. I have been chasing him for a few seasons however and once interest from Real Madrid & Bayern Munich picked up I had to go for him. Im really pleased with this signing and he should turn out to be a bargain.

Transfers - Out

And just the one outbound player as well. Its not one that I really wanted but for a couple of years now he has been whinging that he wants a new challenge and once he started to request a contract termination I had no choice. Only Man City & Arsenal showed interest and he opted for City. Pretty pleased to get £8m for a 29yo though.

carlingcup2010300x300.jpg

Final

Road to Wembley

Cardiff

cardiffcityfixturesfixt.png

An excellent run to the Final for the Bluebirds. The Premier League strugglers have despatched some big names en route in Chelsea, Man Utd and high flying Leicester. They had to come from behind to defeat Bolton but more than deserve their place in the Wembley show down.

Liverpool

liverpoolfixturesfixturz.png

A pretty comfortable run for us which Championship side Crawley being our only tough tie. They gave us a proper cup tie as we had to battle for a 1-0 win but everything else was pretty straight forward.

cardiffvliverpoolinform.png

Summary

A very comfortable Final as it was a question of when and not if we would score. We dominated the entire game and could have won by more. I wont whinge however and will happily take lifting the first trophy of the season.

Kept up with the past seasons now after a few weeks of being away from reading a few threads, that season where you lost the FA Cup on penalties then the league on goal difference was astonishingly unlucky, I bet Europe's feeling a little frustrating by now too (best of luck for Barcelona) but surely starting to dominate the domestic scene, well done. :thup:

What's the plan, stick to Liverpool until you win a Champions League? Could be forever at this rate. :D (just kidding)

Kept up with the past seasons now after a few weeks of being away from reading a few threads, that season where you lost the FA Cup on penalties then the league on goal difference was astonishingly unlucky, I bet Europe's feeling a little frustrating by now too (best of luck for Barcelona) but surely starting to dominate the domestic scene, well done. :thup:

What's the plan, stick to Liverpool until you win a Champions League? Could be forever at this rate. :D (just kidding)

I want to win the Champions League yes, but I also would like to catch Man Utd's record of 25 league titles (we have 21). Whether or not I will complete the second challenge is another thing.

2023/24 Youth Intake

Ashim Ghosh - ★★★ - Has some decent stats but still has a lot of improving to do.

Chris McKinnon - ★★★ - Another with some alright stats.

David Kay - ★★★ - A very good prospect at full back. I will be developing him as best as I can.

David Lane - ★★★★ - Rated very highly and looks pretty average. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Joe Flint - ★★★★ - The best of the prospects to come through. Really looking forward to see how he develops.

John Holland - ★★ - Ok player, but worth signing him.

Neil Gibb - ★★★ - Good potential in the centre of defence in this guy.

Paul Smyth - ★★ - Another worth signing up despite not being highly rated.

Tinashe Sweswe - ★★ - As above.

Looks like the increase in Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching, as well as the improvements to our Youth Facilities are really starting to show an impact.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - February & March 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturn.png

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

A decent couple of months for us, despite the two defeats. We started February with a fantastic win away to Tottenham thanks to a Chris Ord double. Next was a tough tie against Swansea but we battled our way through to grab a 2-1 win. Newcastle put up a stubborn effort to deny us all three points, but once again Chris Ord was the difference. Our defeat away to Blackpool came a few days before the League Cup Final so I rested a few players and we also went down to 10 men pretty early so we done well to keep up with a well organised Blackpool side.

March kicked off with us coming from a goal down to beat West Ham at home thanks to three second half goals. We then beat Cardiff in impressive fashion with a Chris Ord hat-trick the standout. A disappointing draw at home to Blackburn followed. We struggled all game until Ord gave us the lead. We then dominated and missed a penalty which resulted in Blackburn having a man sent off. Then they scored an injury time goal to **** me off pretty badly. I think that had an effect on us because we were shocking away to high flying Leicester but thats not an excuse. We should have done better but didnt really get into the game and we were lucky to just lose by one goal.

FA Cup 4th Round, 5th Round & Quater-Final

Two nice wins over Crawley and Wycombe who gave our youngsters a proper FA Cup tie. These helped us get into the Quater-Final where we had a battle on our hands against Blackpool. In a very end to end game we had to settle for a replay at Anfield.

February & March 2024 - Continued

League Cup Final

liverpoolfixturesfixturw.png

A comfortable Final as you can get really. We deserved victory and lifted the first trophy of the season.

Champions League First Knockout Round

Get in!!! Two brilliant performances against the Spanish giants. We got our tactics spot on at the Nou Camp to frustrate them but yet also cause them many problems and deserved to come away with at least a draw. At Anfield we did require Extra Time but we battered them. I have never seen Barcelona be dominated so much at all as we had 24 shots at goal and 70% of the possession. Victory was even sweeter as Barcelona were managed by Rafa Benitez at the time.

Our result for this fantastic win see's us drawn against another Spanish giant..............Real Madrid in what is a very open Quater-Final. If we manage to ge through that we will face either Dortmund or Sampdoria in the Semi-Final.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - April 2024 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtury.png

englishpremierdivisionoj.png

A really tough month for us. Not only did we have two big derby's but we had a lot of games elsewhere as well. We deserved to beat Man Utd but couldnt grab that second goal. The WBA & Everton results were fair as we find ourselves sat just a point behind Man Utd with 4 games to go and a game in hand.

Our run in consists of Sunderland (h), Stoke (a), Arsenal (h) and Wolves (h). I feel that we need to win all 4 games to win the league.

FA Cup Quater-Final Replay & Semi Final

liverpoolfixturesfixturs.png

An excellent win against Blackpool booked us a place at Wembley. We didnt really turn up until the second half against Chelsea but when we did we blew them away. They had missed numerous chances and that proved pivotal. Chris Ord was the difference as we sealed the win and booked our place in the Final against Blackburn.

April 2024 - Continued

Champions League Quater & Semi Final's

liverpoolfixturesfixturx.png

YES!!!! Absolutely fantastic. We have came through one of the toughest routes possible, but we have done it. We beat Madrid and probably deservidly so at Anfield thanks to the main man and then I pulled a Rafa Benitez out of the hat and put together a fantastic tactical set-up to frustrate Madrid as we went through on the away goals rule to set up a tie against Sampdoria. The Semi-Final was a lot more straight forward and we booked our place in the Final against the team who knocked us out in the Quater-Final last season, Bayern Munich.

Definitely think you're capable of the clean sweep, what's United's run in like?

We have a chance, but its going to be tough with all the fixtures we have in such a short space of time.

Im not exactly sure of Man Utd's run-in because Im at work, but I know their only tough game is away to Leicester on the final day.

Not an easy task to beat them then with that easy run-in they have.

Yeah its going to be difficult which is why I think we need to win our remaining games. 3 home fixtures is nice and we should take maximum points in each of them, but I have a feeling we will find it tricky away to Stoke.

Great stuff in the Champions League - now make sure you finish the job and beat Bayern!

Cheers Tom. Its going to be tricky because they knocked us out last season but I felt we were the better side. Should be competitive and hoping the fact that we have 4 league games and an FA Cup Final before the Champions League Final doesnt affect us. We have a 3 day break in between each game until the last league game of the season.

Just been catching up with this, had no internet for awhile. Couldn't have had a harder route in the Champions League. Not seen a team on FM12 do as bad as Wigan, how poor is their squad?

Cheers mate. Im really chuffed with how we played against the Spanish giants.

Based on Wigan, their squad is a decent Championship club at best. Based on appearences their starting 11 would be:

Archived