SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

That one defeat must have annoyed you.

More than you can imagine!!! Would have accepted it against pretty much any other club, but not them lot.

Fantastic start! Please win us the league :)

Mind you, Villa still going great guns!

I will try my best :D. Going very well so far and Im pleasently suprised at how well Villa have started.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going great so far :thup: Loving Chelsea going from Phelan to Jewell, looks like Roman has lost the plot!

Cheers :thup:.

Not sure whats going on with Chelsea to be fair. I havent really looked into it but I think I will tonight :p.

Skimmed through this all afternoon on mini-breaks at work up until the end of page 8. Will give proper comment later, I'm just posting to remind myself at which point did I stop reading. :lol:

The back-to-back-to-back promotions at Darlington was ace after all those lost playoffs the seasons before. :thup:

Skimmed through this all afternoon on mini-breaks at work up until the end of page 8. Will give proper comment later, I'm just posting to remind myself at which point did I stop reading. :lol:

The back-to-back-to-back promotions at Darlington was ace after all those lost playoffs the seasons before. :thup:

Haha. Cheers for the comment anyway!!! Really enjoyed my time at Darlington and I feel I left at just the right time.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - December 2020 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionon.png

A fantastic run of form which has seen us stretch clear at the top of the Premier League. We have won every game since our defeat in Manchester and the only way things could have been better is if we didnt concede against Norwich. We fully deserved all victories except one and that was at Swansea. They battered us, we grabbed an early second half goal, went down to 10 men and then clung on so we were lucky. Other than that performance though we were utterly brilliant. We scored a massive win over Aston Villa to give us a bit of breathing space before an emphatic win at Sunderland, a result which saw the praise heaped on us.

League Cup

A solid win at my former club Blackpool see's us move into the Semi-Final of the League Cup. Our oppenents will be none other than Aston Villa. The Semi-Final is a pretty strong one to.

Just for everyone who has commented on the Chelsea front. They have been average in the Premier League with mixed finishes but their worst being last season when they finished 9th. In typical Abramovich fashion there have been plenty of Managers.

They have lost 2 FA Cup Final's. One to Leicester and that unbelievable 8-0 game against my Villa side. They also lost to Wolves in the League Cup Final.

Great deal for a 30 year old. I'd take it with himebeing in and out of the side.
I would bite Palermo's hand off, personally. Unless Dzagoev was completely central to your plans.

Cheers lads. He went to Barcelona in the end the same price.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - January 2021 - Liverpool FC

Transfers - In

Dan Cousins - A direct replacement for the departing Dzagoev. Not as good as him, but we could have done with the extra English player and he is also 1 1/2* away from full potential.

Transfers - Out

A few departures during January with the biggest being Dzagoev's move to Barcelona. Club legend Lucas Leiva returned to Brazil where he will finish his career.

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoa.png

We remain unbeaten since our defeat at Old Trafford and also grabbed a huge win over Man City in the process. That helped us stretch our lead at the top and with just 15 games to go, we are in a fantastic position. Going into the season I would have ever expected us to be where we are around now, but we are performing fantastically well and deserve to be up there.

January 2021 - Continued

FA Cup

liverpoolfixturesfixturm.png

To very good wins in the FA Cup to help us move into the 5th Round where will face either Sunderland or Chelsea.

League Cup

Excellent work. In my first season in charge at Anfield we have the opporunity to lift a trophy. We will be competiting in the League Cup Final (my 2nd in a row) where we will face our bitter rivals Man Utd.

After reading this thread it is making me think about switching to monthly updates, it seems better to get into someone else's game through monthly updates.

Villa dropping off now and you are in a very strong position in the league. Good luck dude.

After reading this thread it is making me think about switching to monthly updates, it seems better to get into someone else's game through monthly updates.

Villa dropping off now and you are in a very strong position in the league. Good luck dude.

I prefer updates the monthly way. Not that I hate the way you or Snake do it for example, but like you said, people feel more into it. I think a lot of that shows in the number of posts from people.

I love the detail you go into, but I keep going into yours and thinking 'will you hurry up and update so I can read it' ha.

Its a shame for Villa as well, but they're still performing very strong. Looks like they will have a nice battle with Arsenal from now till the end of the season.

Looking like lifting the league as well.

We will need to hold our nerve, but we just dont look like losing at the minute. We have only played really bad in 3 games this season and that was both games against Man City & away to Swansea.

Definitely a very strong season - Dan Cousins looks like a good signing, and he is English!

If I was wanting someone above Dzagoev's level I would have had to spend £35m+. Cousin's should be a solid player. I wanted him when I was at Blackpool and he was still at Bournemouth. They wern't having any of it and when I joined Villa, Blackpool signed him anyway ha.

Your looking like lifting the treble! :applause:

Cheers mate :thup:. It has been an excellent season so far. Hope we can keep it up.

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

liverpoolfixturesfixturs.png

englishpremierdivisionogt.png

Our fine league form continues as we once again won all three games during the month which means we have dropped points in just one game since our defeat at Old Trafford in November. We had to work hard for our results and Daniel Cousin's couldnt have got his Liverpool career off to a better start with two fantastic goals to help us on our way against Wolves & Newcastle.

February 2021 - Continued

FA Cup

What a result. We were down and out at half time when we found ourselves 2-0 down, but a brilliant second half performance which saw Raheem Sterling score a hat-trick as we came back to win 3-2. In the Quater-Final we have a home tie against Fulham. Think this thing is set up for another Cup Final against Man Utd?? Yeah, me to!!!

Europa League

An easy passage into the next round in Europe. We done the job away from home so I could rest players in the return leg. We will face APOEL in the next round.

Thats a pretty heavy investment for expansion! Hopefully, the extra attendance will lead to a bigger transfer kitty :)
Should do, that's a big boost.

Its a massive increase for us. Should help out long term and if I can get another increase in capacity we will be on level terms with the likes of Arsenal or Man Utd.

carlingcup2010300x300.jpg

Final

Road to Wembley

Liverpool

We had a pretty good passage to the Final with our only major trouble being in the second leg against Aston Villa when we were on the back foot and were 2-0 down. Otherwise we have performed pretty well to get to Wembley, knocking our Premiership sides Arsenal & Leicester before beating both my former clubs Blackpool & Aston Villa

Man Utd

manchesterunitedfixturel.png

Man Utd have probably had the easier route to the Final. They comfortabley beat rivals Man City in the 3rd Round before kind draws against Middlesbrough and Stoke. They survived a scare in the Semi-Final against Blackburn however. Things looked sewn up after an emphatic win the first leg but Blackburn hit them back in the return leg. They really should have won but Man Utd managed to hang on to move into the Final.

The Match

First Half

The first 15 minutes passed by without much happening. Man Utd had a few chances and were by far the better side but nothing eventful happened which is why nothing has really been typed ha. Half Time 0-0.

Second Half

The second half was once again a drab affair as both sides failed to create chances but Man Utd were again the better side. We were struggling to get into things but defended well and the second half, much like the first passed by with nothing happening. Full Time 0-0.

Extra Time

Things really picked up in the extra period. We finally started to come alive and created chances. Sterling and Alaba had pretty good chances but De Gea saved well. We finally broke the deadlock in a dull Final in the 101st minute as our main man Chris Ord scored from 15 yards to give us a 1-0 lead. I was pretty confident that we would hang on with how well we defended but a deflected shot fell to the fee of Javier Hernandez who poked home to make it 1-1 after 110 minutes. Thats how it stayed and we went to penalties. Full Time 1-1.

Penalties

Up first stepped Wayne Rooney, goal (1-0), Chris Ord scores (1-1), Martinez misses as does Lancaster (1-1). We each scored the next three penalties (4-4) to take it to sudden death. Hernandez scored (5-4). This left the pressure on our right back Corchia who had his penalty saved to hand the trophy to Man Utd.

liverpoolvmanutdsplitvi.png

Summary

Pretty annoyed really. We didnt turn up until Extra Time and were slightly lucky to get there. Man Utd had a few chances and could have scored. Our goalkeeper was MOTM and its no suprise why. Would have liked to lift a trophy, but we have bigger fish to fry.

stop being so good. lol xD You win everything and im here trying to get a play of spot to get promoted in the lowest division in turkey! Xd

Haha. As you can see though, it doesnt always go my way.

Another loss to Man United is bad especially for you but the league is more important.

Thats the most important thing. Hope I can pick another trophy up as well. A 3rd FA Cup in a row would be nice.

englandvliechtensteinin.png

Not a bad day for my two Liverpool strikers. Immediately after the game however, Andy Lancaster's agent requested a new contract for his player following a fantastic International debut with the request of £62k per week. Sorry mate, but your not worth that much!!!

180pxliverpoolfcsvg.png

SRL88's Career - March 2021 - Liverpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisiono.png

We have really struggled domestically following our League Cup defeat to Man Utd. Although we remained unbeaten it seems our heads have dropped a little due to the performances put in. We should have beat WBA to be honest. We were all over them but couldnt take our chances and also had a man sent off to add to a disappointing result. Stoke more than matched us at The Britannia and it took a 94th minute Chris Ord goal to give us a win. We also struggled against bottom side Watford, finding ourselves 1-0 down. It wasnt until late on that we made the game look comfortable. Still though, we are top of the table, 10pts clear with a game in hand. We're looking good for the title.

March 2021 - Continued

FA Cup

liverpoolfixturesfixturv.png

The result doesnt really tell the story as Fulham scored with their only two shots. We deserved to go through and in the Semi-Final's we will meet Man Utd. The winners of that tie will then face the winner of the Man City and Stoke/Cardiff tie.

Europa League

Another comfortable passage in Europe. Rob Wilson was fantastic in both legs with 4 goals. We will face Fiorentina in the Quater-Final and the prospect of an all British tie in the Semi-Final.

Epic thread. I normally stay at one club, so to see somebody jump from club to club like this is great.

Fingers crossed you can take a few more trophies to Anfield.

Cheers fella!!! This is my first journeyman save. I usually tend to stay at one club as well but thought I would give this a go and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Archived