SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

Indeed because its utter bollocks now. :D

And Belgium being two times runners-up!! I'm sure you are involved in that! :mad:

It would probably help if I had the Belgian leagues loaded :lol:.

I wasnt involved in the Belgian team...because if I was we would have won it ;).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

astonvillalogo.jpg

SRL88's Career - Pre-Season - 2019/20 - Aston Villa FC

Friendlies

astonvillafixturesfixtu.png

A mixed pre-season, but we had a lot of players who came into the club and had to get used to our system so Im not to worried. The league is the most important thing!!!

Community Shield

We played alright, but Arsenal are a class above us and made it show in the result. Still, we hold our heards high.

Transfers

astonvillatransfershist.png

Alex Olexade-Chamberlain - £3m - Had him on loan last season and although he started averagely, he upped his performances and constantly hit the 7.1 mark so I thought he was worth a perminant deal.

Andy O'Connell - £10m - A big money signing but worth it. £10m is a snip for a youngster with his quality. A brilliant replacement for Gutierrez.

Anes Arnautovic - £1.2m - What a great looking goalkeeper. Only at 2* and has a 5* potential. Cant wait to see this lad reach his maximum potential.

Angel Di Maria - Loan - A shrewd loan signing. Will add quality to our side.

John Obi Mikel - Loan - Provides experience to the DM position and will help aid Gilian in his development.

Jon Kempin - £2.5m - Our new number one and replacement for Brad Guzan. Really pleased to have brought him in.

Julien Gay - Loan - Youngster who I sent on loan to Bristol City. One for the future.

Mxolisi Mbambo - £2.6m - A player who I managed at Blackpool and was fantastic. When they were relegated I had to snap him up for a cut price.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel - Loan - I wanted Jordan Rhodes but I had already filled my domestic loans up so I opted for Ricky.

Rob Wilson - £2m - Signed from Liverpool. Probably 3rd choice but will hopefully be a quality signing

Yao Diabate - £3.6m - Had to sign him. You cant beat an African defender on FM. Class act.

Scott McGhee - Loan - Brought in on loan with an agreed fee. Has a lot of potential.

So a lot of transfer activity. Really pleased with the players we brought in and we got some fantastic deals for the outbound players, none more so than Gutierrez.

Just read through the whole topic, great entertainment. Though I think you paid way too much for O'Connell. With such low decisions, passing, teamwork and finishing, I would never pay 10m for him. Still you've earned your right to even burn money for what you've done to Villa financially so it's not a big deal, hope he does wonders :D

Some quality bought in there, hope it ends up with a good season this year.
Some great signings Andy O'Connell looks a very good buy.

Cheers lads :thup:.

Just read through the whole topic, great entertainment. Though I think you paid way too much for O'Connell. With such low decisions, passing, teamwork and finishing, I would never pay 10m for him. Still you've earned your right to even burn money for what you've done to Villa financially so it's not a big deal, hope he does wonders :D

I understand what your saying, and I am going to work on his decisions and teamwork, but as a winger I dont really care to much about his passing and finishing. As long as he gets the ball and puts in a good cross for someone to get on the end of which he has done in his opening couple of games...its just a shame people cant stick the ball in the back of the net :D.

astonvillalogo.jpg

SRL88's Career - August 2019 - Aston Villa FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionojy.png

A decent start to the season. A tense performance against Everton but a deserved win. We won it narrowly and you could tell there were nerves, especially from the new boys. A nice finish from James McCarthy got us off to the perfect start to the season. We followed this up with an entertaining affair at Upton Park, taking the lead twice but unable to hold on. Overall though, Im pleased with how we have started.

Europa League

So we have qualified for the Group Stages of the Europa League. Dont read to much into the scorelines because over the two legs we had over 50 shots at goal to their 10. Our finishing let us down though. Still, Im really pleased that we're in the Group Phase of this years competition.

Good luck for the new season. You've done some solid business in the transfer market, so it's looking good for making Villa a top-six side again :thup:

Cheers mate. Looking forward to this season more than any so far.

uefaeuropaleague.jpg

2018/19 Group Stage Draw

eurocupoverviewstages.png

Pretty pleased with the draw to be honest. As second seeds we could have been given a much worse tie. Pleased to have missed the two Spanish clubs and I am pretty confident we can top the group.

Nice work getting into the Europa league group stages, bad luck in the Community shield though.

Decent start in the league too. Keep it up.

Cheers mate :).

Just posted the draw for the group stage.

Nice looking group stage,you should get top two but will need to play to your best to make sure.Also a decent start which is made better by West Brom and Birmingham right down there :lol:

Haha. Fulham's start enlightens me the most. Following on from August, they have played 3 games so far in September. Their record is won 1, drew 4, scored 3, conceded 1. They won their 1 game 3-1 as well, so they've had 4 0-0 draws :p.

good luck in Europa league

Cheers mate :thup:.

Bad times :(

Tis a right bummer!!!

Decent looking group draw there - must be looking to go deep into the competition now. Good luck!

We should make the knockout stage, but hopefully the Quater Finals arent to far out our reach.

I wish internet was free :(

Snap :(.

astonvillalogo.jpg

SRL88's Career - September 2019 - Aston Villa FC

Premier League

astonvillafixturesfixtuj.png

englishpremierdivisiono.png

A really tough month for us which started badly, but we ended it brilliantly. We played alright away to Man Utd despite finding ourselves 2-0 down at half time. We played much better in the second half and although we probably didnt deserve a result, we had our chances to get back into it. Against Arsenal we started like a house on fire with signing of the season so far Andy O'Connell scoring after just 4 minutes, but Arsenal dominated from then on. I had a tiny bit of hope going into the Chelsea game because they had been playing poor under manager Didier Drogba and we played really well and deserved our 2-0 win.

League Cup

A solid win over Bolton set up a 4th Round tie against Wigan.

September 2019 - Continued

Europa League

So our European campaign is off to a decent start. We found things tough in Norway and had to battle, but a 2-1 win gets us up and running.

Always used to get the big teams in a row but 6 points out of 12 isn't bad at all especially with a win at Stamford Bridge to boot.
Tough month but you did well against Chelsea and high flying Sunderland!

Cheers lads. Really needed that Chelsea result so confidence didnt drop to much.

good result against Chleski there. Good to see United beating you though hahahahaha

Probably the only team on the game I HATE losing to :p.

As you can see, I am going to be doing 2 updates with every month due to not being able to add more screenshots per post. Just keeping you all informed and you can have a look.

As you can see, I am going to be doing 2 updates with every month due to not being able to add more screenshots per post. Just keeping you all informed and you can have a look.

Ah, wondered why it was reserved :p

Good win in Europe :thup:

Ah, wondered why it was reserved :p

Good win in Europe :thup:

Very tough month but did very well to get 6 points out of it and a good start to the Europa League.
Read the entire 9 pages :D You done a great job at Darlington and Blackpool and now with Aston Villa.

Looking forward to more updates!!

Cheers lads :thup:.

Im going to try and get the rest of the months up now.

astonvillalogo.jpg

SRL88's Career - October 2019 - Aston Villa FC

Premier League

astonvillafixturesfixtur.png

englishpremierdivisionov.png

A quiet month in terms of league fixtures. Im becomming slightly frustrated with things at the minute because we always manage to start brightly but take our foot off the pedal and let teams back into it. We took a 2-0 lead against Blackburn but let them go 4-2 up before giving ourselves a chance with a late goal to make it 4-3. Leicester was another case of the same thing because we were 2-1 up until the 92nd minute but gave away another lead to cost us 3pts.

League Cup

6262.png

Another solid win in the Carling Cup as we moved into the Quater-Finals and set up a tie against Huddersfield.

October 2019 - Continued

Europa League

A lovely win against Plzen to keep up our 100% start to the group. Leverkusen were always going to be the challenge though and our league form carried into Europe as we gave away a 1-0 lead to concede two goals in the last 5 minutes to throw away the points.

astonvillalogo.jpg

SRL88's Career - November 2019 - Aston Villa FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionoo.png

A very annoying start to November. We were leading 3-1 against Stoke but threw it away, and then we went to Anfield which saw by far the worst result I have ever had. We also took a 1-0 lead in that game, but Liverpool blitzed us and we were deservidly thumped. I wasnt happy for obvious reasons because we had lost so many points from winning positions and held a team meeting after the Liverpool game. It worked as we won our next game against West Brom 1-0 and then went to The City of Manchester Stadium and came away with a fantastic 2-0 win to leave us sat in mid-table.

League Cup

A solid win at Huddersfield in the Quater-Final see's us move into the League Cup Semi-Final to face fellow Midlands side Wolves.

astonvillalogo.jpg

/"]SRL88's Career - December 2019 - Aston Villa FC

Premier League

astonvillafixturesfixtuo.png

englishpremierdivisionog.png[/center]

A very congested Christmas period which saw us remain unbeaten and shoot us up the table. There were a few annoying draws there, but it was nice to not see a red dot on the fixture list. We started off with a hard fought win over Spurs before we threw away another lead against Wolves in the first of our trilogy of draws. We entered the annoying period of 3 games in 6 days and managed to win all 3 games with solid wins over Forest, Swansea and bitter rivals Birmingham.

Europa League

astonvillafixturesfixtur.png

Job done in Europe as we remained unbeaten in our final two games to top the group and qualify for the knockout rounds where we were drawn against holders Betis. If we manage to get through that tie we will face either PSV or Rangers.

astonvillalogo.jpg

/"]SRL88's Career - January 2020 - Aston Villa FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionob.png[/center]

We started the New Year off with a shocking start at Goodison but got back on track nicely with a comfortable win over West Ham. We entered the period of the big boys again and put in a great shift against Man Utd and picked up a massive win. We put another good display in against Arsenal but luck wasnt on our side and they won 1-0 but still find ourselves not to far off the Champions League places.

FA Cup

A tough game against my former club and they had a real go at us. We managed to scrape a 3-2 win and set up a 4th Round tie against Nottingham Forest.

January 2020 - Continued

League Cup

astonvillafixturesfixtuc.png

Brilliant!!! Just brilliant. We battled our way past Wolves to reach the League Cup Final, my second Cup Final since taking charge at Villa. Im absolutely delighted with the outcome and we really deserved it. Our opponents?? Of course, the team who I beat in the FA Cup Final, Leicester.

Transfers - In

Andy Carroll - £13.25m - Overpaid? Probably yeah, but I needed someone who was different. All our strikers are poachers and I wanted someone who I could mix our play up with and Andy fits the bill perfectly.

Alvin Arrondel - £3.1m - Probably not the greatest centre half in the world, but we have been quite annoying in the way we concede goals as players seem to switch off and this guy has high concentration levels which is one of the main reasons I signed him.

Jose Manuel Aguayo - £1.8m - A nice player brought in for a small fee. Will need time to settle, but adds class to the midfield.

Vaclav Kadlec - Loan - Transfer listed at Man Utd so I snapped him up straight away till the end of the season.

Transfers - Out

I sent a couple of players out on loan for first team experience. Mango was voicing concerns over wanting to leave and Mrcela has been average, so when Newcastle came in with a decent bid I accepted.

Archived