SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

blackpool20fc.png

SRL88's Career - August & September 2018 - Blackpool FC

Premier League

blackpoolfixturesfixturl.png

englishpremierdivisionoen.png

We obviously like to score a goal or two but cant defend for ****. Feels like Ian Holloway's Blackpool all over again. We started with a poor defeat away to Blackburn but followed it up with an impressive display and victory over Everton. An even game against Birmingham followed but it took a 92nd minute Jacob Mellis goal to give us a share of the spoils. Against Wolves we really should have won. They were 1-0 up pretty early in the game but had a man sent off and although we equilised, they went on to take the lead again, so we equilised again, only for them to go straight up the pitch and score a third. I was angry and let the leads know about it to and we made up for it with an impressive win over Leicester. We dominated the first half but took our foot off the pedal in the second which they bossed, but overall was a deserved win to leave us nicely in mid-table.

League Cup

blackpoolfixturesfixtur.png

A nice couple of wins in the League Cup to move into the Fourth Round. We had to battle past my former club Darlington in the Second and it took a late goal for us to get the win. We followed this up with a dominating performance at Bournemouth but they scored a late goal to cancel out our early one to take things to Extra Time. Our fitness levels showed in the extra period as we took advantage to win 3-1 and set up a Fourth Round tie away to Championship side Bristol City.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You signed him, for Blackpool? :D

Out of interest, who did he go to and how much for?

Haha yeah. Probably one of the better options available for me to be honest. He was sold by Blackpool to Birmingham in the 2012/13 season for £4.4m and spent 3 seasons there before being sold to Blackburn for £3.4m but only played 10 games in 3 seasons there and I resigned him for £1.8m :D.

Decent month mate, some good results. Unlucky against Wolves. Damn Dingles.
Some decent results at home, if you continue to win against those sort of teams at home you will easily avoid relegation.

Cheers lads :thup:.

Good start in the Premier League. If you managed seven points every six games you'd get beyond the "magical" 40 point mark. :thup:

Nice signing in Jacob Mellis aswell. Just four seasons in on my Chelsea save and he looks really good, just a pity it was with Chelsea and I couldn't quite fit him in the side.

Good start in the Premier League. If you managed seven points every six games you'd get beyond the "magical" 40 point mark. :thup:

Nice signing in Jacob Mellis aswell. Just four seasons in on my Chelsea save and he looks really good, just a pity it was with Chelsea and I couldn't quite fit him in the side.

Cheers Tom :thup:.

Mellis has started prett well, but sadly he tore his calf muscle in a match and is now out for 4 month :(.

blackpool20fc.png

SRL88's Career - October 2018 - Blackpool FC

Premier League

englishpremierdivisionox.png

A stuttering month which has seen us fall down the table a little bit. We started with an average performance away to Stoke but managed to come away with a point. We performed much better against Newcastle and dominated large spells of the game but couldnt manage to find a winner in the game and once again had to settle with a point. I was expecting the worst against Chelsea but we more than matched them and things could have been a lot better than the 2-1 defeat we came away with. Our run of games coming up is going to be difficult and we're going to have to start winning games if we are going to give us a chance of survival.

League Cup

Another win in the League Cup which sets up a Quater-Final tie at Anfield, which probably means the end of the road for us but we will go there and have a go. The Quater-Final looks pretty straight forward really. Place your bets!!!

Not a good month, but it was a tough game, that last one.

Liverpool will be a real test in the League Cup!

Hopefully things will pick up going into the Christmas period.

Not too bad that month, Chelsea was always going to be tough. Unlucky against Newcastle and Stoke.

A trip to Anfield will be tough but looking at that table Liverpool aren't flying! You can beat 'em :thup:

Will be a tense game. If I get my tactics right we could pinch a result.

I'm a Liverpool Fan.. but I dare say it...Go kick their ass and progress! lol

Haha :D. I think like that to when I play them...but every other time I see their name appear on the game I beg for a Liverpool win.

Good job getting Blackpool back into the Premier League. I hope you can avoid the last day of the season relegation scenario though!

Cheers mate, but you will be interested to see whats happening next.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbok.png

Well this is interesting. Im being linked with jobs left right and centre now and I said I would be interested in a couple which brought on this reaction. I wasnt going to stand for it so....

stevenlongstaffnewsinbojy.png

Im not going to have a board dictate to me what I can and cant say and although I have been enjoying my time at Blackpool but the board have been a bit annoying lately so I jumped before I was pushed. There are plenty of jobs available to so I will be applying.

Didn't expect that :lol:

I hope you go to the MLS with New York. It's on my things to do list but I'd like to see you try it!

Im not getting the New York job. They have just appointed a new manager.

Pity it had to end that way.

I bet the Chairman is on my worst opinion list ha.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbou.png

My second job offer, and a lot more money for me personally. A huge club compared to Blackpool but are struggling in 15th place in the Premiership. If I accept...my first game in charge will be at home to Blackpool :lol:.

astonvillalogo.jpg

SRL88's Career - New Club Update - Aston Villa FC

Name: Aston Villa FC

Nickname: The Villans

Stadium: Villa Park (42,640 all-seater)

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

So two days before my one year anniversary in charge of Blackpool FC, and after just five days out of a job, I find myself once again back in the hot-seat of management, this time with Aston Villa FC and officially took charge on Wednesday 21st November 2018.

Board Expectations:

Premier League:- Qualify for the Europa League (Wont be judged this season - 15th on arrival)

FA Cup:- Reach the Sixth Round

League Cup:- Knocked out in Third Round before I arrived

My Expectations:

Premier League:- Finish as high as possible, hopefully have the effect I did on Blackpool

FA Cup:- Winning it would be nice

League Cup:- N/A

Budgets:

Transfer:- £8.5m

Wage:- £885,565k per week (Currently spending £822,249k per week)

Balance:- -£34,417,226 (Seriously!!!! What the hell. Wish I could have seen this before I was appointed. I have work to do)

Squad:

There are some very, very good players in this squad which has me wondering why they are so low in the table. The only reason I can come up with is the fact that they never strengthened in the summer despite selling £26m worth of players. They have no outstanding loans so I am a little stumped as to why they are in such a financial position to not be able to strengthen.

Key Player(s):

Frank Huisman - Had a brilliant season in Germany last term. If I can get this guy firing we will be laughing.

Mateo Kovacic - Looks an excellent playmaker and will hopefully be my main link up man.

Johan Martial - A very strong centre half who will hopefully lead the backline.

Giovani dos Santos - Fingers crossed he can recapture the form that made him one of the hottest prospects in Europe once upon a time.

James McCarthy - Quality player, always liked him. Will be a main fixture in my midfield.

Looking forward to the Villa Blackpool match. £34 million in debt that is crazy. Good luck dude.

Cheers AcidBurn :thup:.

Woah that's heck of a bit of bad news about the balance.

I couldnt believe it when I saw it. Was an utter shock to my system ha.

Archived