SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

That's good, was losing 1M a month at West Brom with a similar bill, though again had plenty spare. Anything above 200kpw is asking for trouble before too long.

It is in this league. If we dont get promoted by the end of next season I could see the club being in trouble.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just catching up... you're certainly the King of the Playoffs! What great results they were, both with New Zealand and Darlington.

Looks like you've still good chance of making the top six with Blackpool too :thup:

You would think I like doing things the had way ha.

Wow, a national manager now! :eek: Your career is going from strength to strength mate, keep it up! :D:thup:

Cheers Mali!!!

newzealandfootballlogob.gif

SRL88's Career - Friendly - New Zealand

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

I selected the squad for the first time based off who my Assistant Manager said was in form so there were a few newer faces in here than Im used to.

newzealandvsaudiarabiai.png

Probably our worst performance under my management to be honest. Saudi are the first nation in and around us that we have played and it was a pretty even game. They had the better chances and it showed in the fact that we only had 1 shot on target. We can still take heart in the fact that we're unbeaten under me and with up coming games against Honduras and Yeman, we could pick a couple more wins up before we kick off our World Cup campaign against Japan.

Not a great result but you didn't lose. If you can win both against Honduras and Yemen then it will be good for morale when the world cup comes around.

Even if we get a draw against Honduras I will be pleased. I set the Yemen game up for morale really. They are ranked about 100 places below me so we should put a few past them.

Decent result considering you brought in different players than usual, maybe you should stick with your usual team if this is what happens! :p

Yeah my Assistant knows nothing.

blackpool20fc.png

SRL88's Career - March 2018 - Blackpool FC

blackpoolfixturesfixtur.png

npowerchampionshipoverv.png

A bit of an up and down month, well down then up, back down then up again!!! We started off poorly with a disappointing defeat away to Bolton. Alphonse Areola made a mistake that I can only describe as a Pepe Reina in the 2006 FA Cup Final against West Ham and that pretty much set the tone for us. Just like our previous defeat(s) under my regime, we picked ourselves back up with a battling 1-0 win to boost confidence once more. A very tough fixture away to Sheffield Wednesday followed and in what was a pretty end to end affair, Frank Nouble set up and then scored one to give us a massive three points.

A very convincing win over promotion rivals Swansea followed. We bossed Burnley in our next game but found ourselves 2-0 down at half time. I went ballistic with them and it seemed to work as we battled back to claim a 2-2 draw, much to my relief. The next draw which followed was nothing short of damn annoying. Watford has ONE shot at goal, just one and managed to get a 2-2 draw out of us. We gave them a helping hand by giving them a 1-0 lead by scoring an early own goal. We managed to fight back to take a 2-1 lead but instantly conceded and thats how it finished.

Our next game at home to high flying Huddersfield was vital. We needed confidence restoring after two poor draws, but also to keep ourselves up there with our promotion rivals. The result was huge for us. We were a goal down and at the interval and I warned the lads at half time and we came out a different side in the second half and took the game to them. I made subtitutions around 60 minutes and they worked straight away as Lee Melling got us level. We wont a penalty thanks to Frank Nouble's dinking run and it was tucked away by Melling who then went on to get his hat-trick 30 minutes after coming off the bench to leave us in an automatic promotion spot with just six games left but with any one of FIVE teams in with a shout of clinching the second automatic promotion spot.

Pretty impressive dude well done, what are your last 6 matches?

Blackpool

Bolton

Bristol City

Norwich

Swansea

Just so you can have a bit of fun comparing fixtures :p.

If you ask me, I would say Bristol City have the better run-in, but they have only picked up 1pt from their last 5 games.

Things seem to be going well at Blackpool, you've taken them far since taking over. Although you are now in the box seat for automatic promotion, it will be hugely tight indeed!!
Wow...I guess this is the time for nail biting....1 point separating 2nd - 6th :eek:

It is without a doubt the tightest run-in I have ever been involved in on FM before.

:lol:

It is indeed tight up there but you can do it :D

Haha, cheers!!!

You might be able to just squeeze into the glory spot if you are strong enough.

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

blackpool20fc.png

SRL88's Career - April 2018 - Blackpool FC

blackpoolfixturesfixtur.png

npowerchampionshipovervp.png

So we go into the final game of the season with every chance of squeezing into the gap to glory (my own innuendo there for you HotChocolate :p). The game which could pretty much decide whether we go up or have the pain of the Play-Off's was the Bournemouth game. I made to many changes for the game when I really shouldnt have and it cost us. We conceded a 86th minute goal and that could be decisive. We should have beaten Norwich as well, but once again we didnt convert our chances.

The final day looks like this:

Blackpool -v- Wigan

Bolton -v- Scunthorpe

Bournemouth -v- Norwich

With the way the league table is, go for it!
That would be great, I got a feeling Bolton will win though I hope they don't. Good luck.
Do it, could be quality.

Cheers lads. Will do that then!!!

championshipnpower.jpg

Race for Promotion

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Norwich (Friessenbichler 5')

Norwich 84pts +19

Bolton 82pts +36

Blackpool 81pts +35

An early goal for Norwich from Austrian Friessenbichler has them sat in the promotion spot.

Bolton 0 - 1 Scunthorpe (Hutar OG 27')

Norwich 84pts +19

Blackpool 81pts +35

Bolton 81pts +35

A shock goal at The Reebok as Bolton fall behind to Scunthorpe.

Blackpool 0 - 1 Wigan (Al-Kamali 37')

Norwich 84pts +19

Bolton 81pts +35

Blackpool 80pts +34

Bloomfield Road is stunned as Wigan grab a goal on the break to dent Blackpool's promotion hopes.

Half Time

Bournemouth 1 (Cousins 51') - 1 Norwich

Norwich 82pts +18

Bolton 81pts +35

Blackpool 80pts +34

Bournemouth have levelled it early in the second half. The promotion race is back on.

Bournemouth 2 (McGoldrick 55') - 1 Norwich

Bolton 81pts +35

Norwich 81pts +17

Blackpool 80pts +34

Two quick goals from Bournemouth leaves Norwich with it all to do as each of the promotion contenders are behind.

Bournemouth 3 (Mensah 62') - 1 Norwich

Bolton 81pts +35

Norwich 81pts +16

Blackpool 80pts +34

Norwich's hopes of promotion look to be going up in flames.

Blackpool 1 (Vokes 64') - 1 Wigan

Blackpool 81pts +35

Bolton 81pts +35

Norwich 81pts +17

Sam Vokes levels it for Blackpool who now occupy the final promotion spot. Could this thing be any tighter?

Bolton 1 (Ngog 71') - 1 Scunthorpe

Bolton 82pts +36

Blackpool 81pts +35

Norwich 81pts +17

Its Bolton who now occupy look set for promotion thanks to David Ngog's equilizer.

Bournemouth 4 (Rios OG 80') - 1 Norwich

Bolton 82pts +36

Blackpool 81pts +35

Norwich 81pts +15

Thats it for Norwich who will definitely be in the Play-Off's.

Full Time

Blackpool 1-1 Wigan

Bolton 1-1 Scunthorpe

Bournemouth 4-1 Norwich

npowerchampionshipovervd.png

So its Bolton who are promoted on the final day of the season. We really should have beaten Wigan, and as with the games against Bouremouth and Norwich in April, we never took our chances. Sam Vokes had a glorious opportunity in the 92nd minute but couldnt hold his composure. Its the Play-Off's for one of my teams yet again. You would think I liked the things!!!

Bring on Swansea!!!

Brilliant post SRL88 :thup:

Shame about not making it though, good luck in the Playoffs.

Unlucky dude, I can see you doing well in the play-off's though.

Off topic but shame Georgie Thompson has gone to do that F1 channel now.

Amazingly random!!

Unlukcy SRL88, you were so close! Good luck in the playoffs though.

Unlucky on missing out automatic promotion, good luck in the play offs!

Cheers lads. Appreciate the comments!!!

lol, a couple of others posted about who would be on Sky Sports News during SRL's promotion final day.

Kirsty Gallagher for me :p.

Playoffs are always a nailbiter - how is it going against Swansea?

Well I have played the first leg, but I will be doing an update after the Play-Off's are finished so I will let the suspense build :p.

Don't lose to Norwich if you play them!

Thanks for the advice ha.

Just announced my preliminary squad for the World Cup. I will hopefully have an update up for the Play-Off's and End of Season for Blackpool tonight.

I will then follow up with a friendly update for New Zealand and then a World Cup one either tomorrow or Thursday :thup:.

blackpool20fc.png

SRL88's Career - Blackpool FC

Championship Semi-Final

1st Leg

Thanks to our amazing performance since I took over in late November while we were sat 18th in the Championship, we find ourselves with the opportunity of reaching the promised land through the Play-Off's. In our way of reaching the Final were Swansea.

swanseavblackpoolinform.png

So we left ourselves with it all to do in the 2nd Leg. After we took an early lead at The Liberty the players decided to sit back and when I really should have changed tactics a little bit based on how we were playing, I never and that probably was one of the reasons why we never held on so the blame lays with me. The most annoying thing was probably the fact that Swansea resorted to kicking lumps out of our players.

2nd Leg

blackpoolvswanseainform.png

An excellent effort from us to come from a goal down to reach the Play-Off Final. Im really pleased with the application of the players. They knew what was needed and we went for it. Lee Melling grabbed us an early goal to draw things level. Despite an open game, there were no other goals as we went to Extra Time. In the extra 30 minutes we began to take charge, and a 113th minute goal from vice captain Mxolisi Mbambo gave us the lead which we managed to hold on to and reach the Final. Our oppenents would be Norwich.

Championship Final

norwichvblackpoolinform.png

Brilliant, just a brilliant achievement. We went behind really early in the game but stuck to our tast. It never took us to long to level things up and from then on it was all Blackpool. We were helped out by them going down to 10 men but never managed to grab that vital goal despite our dominance and it went all the way to penalties. Luck was on our side as they missed two penalties, with the last penalty missed by them hitting the post and we celebrated our promotion to the Premiership.

newzealandfootballlogob.gif

SRL88's Career - Friendlies - New Zealand

So our last two friendlies before the 2018 World Cup. This is how we got on.

newzealandvhondurasinfo.png

An even game which resulted in an 2-2 draw. Nice to see our best two strikers get on the scoresheet, but their goals could have been prevented. Looking on the bright side, we're still unbeaten since I took over.

newzealandvyemeninforma.png

A nice victory in our final warm-up game before the World Cup. Just what we needed going into the tournament and a nice result to. We dominated the entire match as expected, but now we head into the World Cup with confidence sky high.

Archived