SRL88

SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

4,193 posts in this topic

Looks like an interesting thing to do for now.

I just fancied a change. I would like to manage a club who I could spend the next 5-6 years with rather than move around like a gypsy!!! I know New Zealand is a bit of a distance from Durham...but Ive always fancied going there :p.

Aaaaahhhh so much has happened since I last looked here!

International management now eh? Good luck with NZ, a nice result there against Afghanistan too!

Are you looking for another club too or are you just going to stick with NZ for now?

Aaaaahhhh so much has happened since I last looked here!

International management now eh? Good luck with NZ, a nice result there against Afghanistan too!

Are you looking for another club too or are you just going to stick with NZ for now?

Cheers Dejay :thup:.

For now Im going to stick with International Management...but I wont be staying on past the 2018 World Cup. Im not going to apply or look for a job, but if someone offers me one I will be taking them seriously and will consider them. As mentioned in post #451, I want a job which I will be at for 5-6 years and if one comes along which I can see myself staying with then I will probably join.

Cograts on winning the playoff!You left Darlington on a high,good luck with New Zealand and a very impressive start against Afghanistan as well :D

It certainly is all change, great way to win promotion. You did a great job with Darlo!

Good luck with New Zealand!

Cograts on winning the playoff!You left Darlington on a high,good luck with New Zealand and a very impressive start against Afghanistan as well :D
It certainly is all change, great way to win promotion. You did a great job with Darlo!

Good luck with New Zealand!

Cheers lads :thup:.

newzealandfootballlogob.gif

SRL88's Career - Friendlies - New Zealand

stevenlongstaffnewsinbof.png

Into September and we had two friendlies against El Salvador (ranked 88th) and Chinese Taipei (ranked 197th). These were friendlies which I set up for more confidence boosters with the up and coming World Cup Play-Off Qualifier coming up in a couple of month and the squad was officially announced a few days before the game.

vs El Salvador

newzealandvelsalvadorin.png

We had to battle for victory over the North Americans. It was a deserved victory and the goal could have been avoided but we should have won by more. Chris Wood hit the WOODwork (see the pun!!!) twice and we had a couple cleared off the line. Overall though Im pleased though. A victory is a victory and it al goes towards confidence heading into a vital Play-Off match.

vs Chinese Taipei

newzealandvchinesetaipe.png

I expected victory and we got it, but I would rather have seen a wider margain to reflect the amount of chances we had. It was nice to see Wood score for the first time under my management as well. Following these to victories we have risen from 74th to 54th in the World Rankings.

darlingtonvchesterfield.png

Just thought this was worth sharing. Their first victory in the Championship in their 6th game see's Darlo sitting just inside the relegation zone.

Looks like you're going along very nicely with New Zealand.

Great work in rasing there FIFA ranking so high so quickly. Taken them into the top 50 will be a great achievement.

Looks like you're going along very nicely with New Zealand.

Great work in rasing there FIFA ranking so high so quickly. Taken them into the top 50 will be a great achievement.

Well we have friendlies set up against Madagascar, Iceland and Bermuda as well as the World Cup Play-Off's so hopefully we will be there soon.

Good luck with NZ I tried managing their U20 side and it was tough to say the least.

Good luck with NZ I tried managing their U20 side and it was tough to say the least.

Cheers!!! The squad is pretty much filled with regens now. There is a complete lack of wingers to be fair so I have to use whats available, but others area's there are some good players. I would say they're lower level Championship quality with the odd Premiership quality player.

SRL88's Career - Friendly - New Zealand

So following the lads good start to my regime we had our next friendly at home to minnows Madagascar. I followed a pretty similar format in my squad selection which has made me realise its pretty pointless in posting it because there wernt really any changes ha.

vs Madagascar

NewZealandvMadagascarInformation_Overview.png

A solid victory makes it 4 in a row for us. We dominated throughout and limited them to shots from distance which resulted in them failing to hit the target all game. Goals from centre back Michael Boxall and striker Ricki Hayne gave us a comfortable win as we move into November.

Great warm up wins.

Yeah. Confidence is sky high at the moment.

So the World Cup Play-Off draw has been made....

stevenlongstaffnewsinbot.png

And stood in our way and a place on the plane to Russia are Costa Rica.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbog.png

Just received this offer from Dutch side MVV who find themselves sitting 14th in the Jupiler League.

Worth it or do you think I should hold out a little longer?

Leave it a little longer,get the Costa Rica games out of the way first before looking for a job.

Leave it a little longer,get the Costa Rica games out of the way first before looking for a job.
Not right now

I shall take your advice and reject.

The Blackpool job is about to become available and if I get offered that I dont think I could turn it down. Ive been linked a couple of times.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-13.png

I am definitely a wanted man!!! This time from Valladolid who are struggling in Liga adelante.

Tempted to go?

Managing New Zealand makes this thread even better for me, how many caps/goals does Chris Wood have?

Tempted to go?

Managing New Zealand makes this thread even better for me, how many caps/goals does Chris Wood have?

Slightly. Im going to see if they're willing to delay until after the Costa Rica games are out the way (about 3 weeks) and then I might take it or see what is around elsewhere. Not sure yet though.

Chris Wood :thup:.

Pretty good record for Chris Wood, I built my New Zealand team around him on FM10 he always produced for us.

Pretty good record for Chris Wood, I built my New Zealand team around him on FM10 he always produced for us.

Ive been using him as a TM with support to feet. Not sure if this is the best role!! My other 2 strikers are a poacher and an AF.

Chris Wood has a very good international record,if I remember right he was normally their highest goalscorer on FM11!

On my current save he has 118 caps and 118 goals (Currently 31 years old!)

stevenlongstaffnewsinbo.png

Now this is the one which I have been waiting for really. Massively underperforming in the Championship with a transfer and wage budget more than capible to get this club into the Premiership.

I got offered this in and around the Costa Rica tie so I have delayed it until after but I think I have found my next destination.

Chris Wood has a very good international record,if I remember right he was normally their highest goalscorer on FM11!

On my current save he has 118 caps and 118 goals (Currently 31 years old!)

He has been fantastic on the last few FM's. On FM11 and 12 he often goes to Arsenal on my saves.

He's at Everton on mine after a long spell at Newcastle,he did well at Newcastle but Everton just seem to waste him on sub appearances.This season he has made 9 starts,28 sub appearances and still has managed 14 goals!

I'd take that and try to get Blackpool back in the Premiership,should be more then doable :)

Ive been using him as a TM with support to feet. Not sure if this is the best role!! My other 2 strikers are a poacher and an AF.

I used him in a classic tactic not TC, I would guess he was closer to an advanced forward but there were two wingers supplying the crosses for him.

Should be good at Blackpool, will the wage budget not make financial problems if you are not promoted reasonably quickly?

He's at Everton on mine after a long spell at Newcastle,he did well at Newcastle but Everton just seem to waste him on sub appearances.This season he has made 9 starts,28 sub appearances and still has managed 14 goals!

I'd take that and try to get Blackpool back in the Premiership,should be more then doable :)

I think I will sign on the dotted line :p.

I used him in a classic tactic not TC, I would guess he was closer to an advanced forward but there were two wingers supplying the crosses for him.

Should be good at Blackpool, will the wage budget not make financial problems if you are not promoted reasonably quickly?

Will probably have to get there sooner rather than later, but if I can sort their form out, they're only 10pts off the Play-Off's.

SRL88's Career - New Zealand

World Cup Qualifying Play-Off

When I took over the New Zealand job they had already topped their group in the Oceania Qualifying Round to reach the Play-Off. Stood in our way was Costa Rica who had finished 4th, behind Mexico, USA & Canada in their qualifying campaign. The media certainly tried to add pressure to the situation, but I was confident that we would get throught he tie.

1st Leg

newzealandvcostaricainf.png

An excellent result to give us the advantage for the return leg. Matt Stewart was everywhere on the pitch and his two goals were what he deserved. We bossed the affair to be honest and they had quite a few shots late in the 2nd half when we took our foot off the pedal. I knew we needed a positive result to take to Costa Rica but I wasnt expecting this. Really happy with how things went. Oddly, this match was played a full month before the return tie!!!

2nd Leg

costaricavnewzealandinf.png

Yes, yes, yes!!! What an achievement. The confidence we built with the friendlies showed and we have marched into the World Cup without much worry. An excellent performance away from home which was made a little easier with them going down to 10 men. As soon as that happened I knew we would be going through and it was just a matter of finishing the game without getting complacent. We stuck to our task and officially qualify for the World Cup as one of the 32 teams.

Great effort with the All Whites! Are you going to stay on as their manager till the WC is over if you take the Blackpool job???? I think you should

Congrats on qualifying for the World Cup,hope the draw can be kind to you!

blackpool20fc.png

SRL88's Career - New Club Update - Blackpool FC

Name: Blackpool FC

Nickname: The Seasiders

Stadium: Bloomfield Road (20,000 all-seater)

stevenlongstaffnewsinbog.png

Well Im back in club management once again having left Darlington at the end of the 2016/17 season. I said I wanted a break from full time management and I feel I have had one. Ive put myself in a tough spot by juggling my new post at Bloomdfield Road with the job at New Zealand, but with that only being till after the World Cup I dont think it will be majorly difficult and I was officially appointed Thursday 23rd November 2017.

Board Expectations:

Championship:- Challenge for the Play-Off's (Wont be judged this season though.......18th on arrival)

FA Cup:- Fourth Round

Carling Cup:- Knocked out in 2nd Round

My Expectations:

Championship:- Play-Off's (I think its possible, but its going to be tough)

FA Cup:- As far as possible

Carling Cup:- N/A

Budgets:

Transfer:- £3m

Wage:- £465,169 (Currently spending £414,121)

Balance:- £14,739,444 (Ding dong.......no need to worry AcidBurn ;))

Squad:

I decided to post a team report because the squad is bloody huge!!! No joke, there must be 3 players to every position in it. Anyway, its a pretty good squad and they are definitely underachieving. No real need to strengthen but a few players wouldnt go a miss just to add a bit of life into the squad.

Key Player(s):

Sam Vokes - Top scorer for the last two seasons with 18 and 23 respectively. Looks like we could be reliant on his goals again.

Mxolisi Mbambo - Woah!! Me like :D. Bought for just £75k off Livingston in the 2013/14 season this guy looks quality.

Jiri Vyskocil - Been at the club four years having arrived from Sparta Prague for £575k.

Dead easy in the end.

Couldnt have asked for it to go much better really.

Brilliant, well done dude.

Cheers mate :thup:.

Great effort with the All Whites! Are you going to stay on as their manager till the WC is over if you take the Blackpool job???? I think you should

Yeah I will stay on for the World Cup. Might as well have a crack at it and I will leave after.

Congrats on qualifying for the World Cup,hope the draw can be kind to you!

Fingers crossed mate. We will most likely be in the bottom pot.

I think my reputation is in need of an increase because the lack of players in the player search is quite unreal.

Sea, sea, seasiders!

Best of luck :thup:

I have always liked Blackpool. Good luck with the new challenge :thup:

Cheers lads :thup:.

fifakn.jpg

2018 FIFA World Cup Draw

So here we are, its time for the 2018 FIFA World Cup draw. Ever since the

this is the moment all Russians have been waiting for.

We are greeted by some ****** who has been in charge for way to long and as he rambles on with all his BS everyone slumps in their seats wondering what the hell they are listening to. Sorry, Im getting a bit carried away. Lets move on!!!

Some overweight fella joins us to make the first part of the draw. Automatically into Group A go Russia. Followed in order of groups by Argentina, Spain, England, holders France, the previous hosts Brazil, Holland and suprise top seeds Sweden to have the first part of the draw looking like this.

Next it is time to draw the second seeds and to do so is some tart. Scotland join the hosts in Group A with Ireland having the prospect of facing Argentina in Group B...ouch. Turkey are paired with Spain whilst England are given one of the toughest opponents in Portugal. Holders France are drawn with Germany whilst Brazil are given a 1994 and 1970 World Cup Final rematch against Italy. Holland are given neighbours Belgium whilst Group H see's Wales drawn with Sweden to have the draw currently looking like this.

Its now time for the third seeds which includes NEW ZEALAND. To make the draw is another fella whilst the tart stays and David Beckham looks on wondering who he can cheat on his wife with next!!!

First out of the pot and into Group A are NEW ZEALAND who join Russia and Scotland. Into Group B are South Africa and they are followed by Senegal ©, Ecuador (D), Chile (E), Nigeria (F), Ghana (G) and Ivory Coast (H) to leave us like this going into the final set of seeds.

Its now time for the fourth seeds to be drawn. Out into Group A is Japan who join the hosts, Scotland and NEW ZEALAND in what could be a pretty open group. South Korea move into Group B, Mexico are out next into Group C followed by Australia (D), Canada (E), Iran (F), Uruguay (G) and USA (H).

worldcupoverviewstages3.png

So that concludes the World Cup Draw and I have to say Im pretty pleased. It could have been ten times worse. Russia should run away with the group really, but second place is really up for grabs. I think we're good enough to beat both Scotland and Japan and I will be confident heading into them games. Hopefully we can grab a point against Russia as well. I will definitely be aiming for the Second Round.

Now for some quality Blackpool time.

Looking forward to the challenge of managing Blackpool.

Not a bad group at all for you. And that post :lol:

You should be able to pull out a second place in that group. :thup:

Not a bad group at all for you. And that post :lol:

You should be able to pull out a second place in that group. :thup:

Shocking what the presenters on Sky Sports say these days :lol:. Looking forward to the World Cup now thanks to the group we have.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbou.png

Another milestone reached!!!

Im fighting a tough battle with players at this club. A lot of them are from Blackpool's time in the Premiership (2013/14 and 2014/15) so they are now whinging about wanting a move to a bigger club.

The World Cup draw was quite favorable! I dont know if you can manage qualification to the Second Round, but at least with those 3, there is hope!