SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - October 2034 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-33.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-23.png

Another brilliant month for us as we move ever closer to recapturing the Apertura. October kicked off with the most dominant 1-0 win I have ever seen. We had over 30 shots to their none but just couldnt grab a second. A nice win over Argentinos followed before we lost our winning start at home to Belgardo. Despite our dominance we just couldnt score and they shocked the home crowd with a goal against the run of play. Luckily for us we went straight up the other end to level things up and thats how it stayed. We bounced back in style with a nice 2-0 win before a cracking 3-2 victory away to Union. The month was rounded off with a comfortable 3-0 win over rivals River Plate to leave us 9pts clear at the top of the table.

Copa Sudamericana 1st Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-17.png

A very disappointing defence to our Sudamericana crown. We dominated both legs but just struggled to convert our chances into goals. We were our own worst enemy as we crash out at the first hurdle.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see you kept your job. :)

Also going along excellently in the Apertura. :thup:

Cheers Tom :thup:.

Probably the best philosophy :)

Haha yeah. Screw the debate, just win the ****er.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2034 - Brazil

Friendlies

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-20.png

Two solid wins to round off the year as we went the whole of 2034 unbeaten. We were made to work hard by the Belgians who took the lead in the game and although we were the better side, we had to rely on a late header from Fernando to give us the win. Despite a tight 1-0 scoreline against the Fins, we were dominant throughout. I gave a lot of players the opportunity to impress and it was a former player of mine from Atletico, Lucas who gave us the win with his first International goal.

SRL88's Career - November 2034 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-34.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-24.png

Another cracking month as we close in on the Apertura. We started November with a sluggish performance away to Lanus and we were lucky to get away with a draw. A brilliant performance at home to Racing Club gave us a 4-0 win. Our next game away to Rosario really annoyed me. We were fantastic in the first half and went in at the interval leading 4-0. What the hell happened in the second half I dont know. We were shocking and really lucky that we only conceded three goals. I flipped at full time, really having a go at the team because I wasnt happy at all. Luckily though, that seemed to have some effect as we destroyed Velez in our final game of the month to leave us sat nicely at the top of the table.

All Boys have really slipped since their coach reitred. Bit easy for you this time around!

Yeah they are a completley different side. They just arent as strong....but have reached the Final of the Sudamericana.

SRL88's Career - December 2034 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-35.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-25.png

A mixed end to the season. It would have been nice to finish the Apertura unbeaten but its not to important. The game which sealed the title was the 1-1 draw with Godoy Cruz. We comfortably beat Quilmes in our next game before a 2-1 defeat against local rivals San Lorenzo, despite our dominance.

Copa Argentina 5th Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-18.png

I rested a lot of players in this game, thinking we would have more than enough to beat the lower level opposition. That wasnt to be though and after 90 minutes it went to penalties. The first 10 penalties were all scored, but they missed the first penalty in sudden death and we scored to move into the 6th Round.

Bit of a scare in the Copa :) At least you move on.

This is true. At least its behind us now.

Congrats on the Apertura :thup:

Leonardo is good but he's no Chris Ord :D

Cheers fella.

Now we dont want to be pushing things do we? :D.

According to Wikipedia, there are 10 teams in CONMEBOL and 12 that contest the Copa America, which means 2 teams are invited every time. The next tournament is in 2015, and the invited countries are Mexico and Japan. Perhaps it's too difficult for SI to accommodate invitations to Confederation Championships, and so they've picked 2 as a permanent fixture? Wonder who the other is?

IRL, there's talks of Copa America in 2015 as planned, with another one in 2016 to celebrate 100 years of CONMEBOL. Only that one would be a joint CONMEBOL-CONCACAF tournament of 16 teams hosted by the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Pan_American_Championship

SRL88's Career - Mid-Season Update - 2034/35 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

bocajuniorsfixturesfixt.png

Some very good mid-season friendlies for us. We put in some very strong displays. We were amonst the goals against some good opposition and sends us into the Clausura in very good spirit.

Transfers - In

Alejandro Hailant - £1m - A very solid signing for us. I opted to sign a right wingers during the window because I have mainly been playing Luis De Leon there when I would rather him be on the left hand side.

COPA_L1.jpg

Copa Libertadores Group Stage Draw

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-10.png

I am really pleased with this draw. Although Chivas will provide a stern test, this should be a pretty comfortable passage for us.

SRL88's Career - February 2035 - Boca Juniors

Clausura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-37.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-26.png

A solid yet unspectacular start to the Clausura. We kicked things off with a tough trip to Colon where we were by far the better team, but we were our own worst enemy by missing numerous chances. We managed to battle our way into a two goal lead but Colon made it a nervy finish but we hung on for a 2-1 win. Our next game against All Boys was typical of the competitive rivalry we have built up in the last 2 1/2 years. It was a pretty fiesty affair with a few sendings off, but we managed to battle our way to a 1-0 win. Against Banfield, despite racing into a 2-0 lead but our performance levels dropped which allowed them to come back into the game and grab a point.

February 2035 - Continued

Copa Libertadores

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-19.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-11.png

A cracking start to the Libertadores as expected. We were brilliant all game and thoroughly deserved our 7-0 win.

Sounds like you have a few detractors there, SRL88 ;)

Nasty gits arent they.

Is there no Suruga Bank Championship in the game? As the winner of the Copa Sudamericana qualifies for three additional tournaments in real life. These being the Copa Libertadores, Recopa Sudamericana and the Suruga Bank Championship.

Never heard of the competition and I havent played on it so I am guessing not??

Very easy draw in the Libertadores.

As long as we learn to stop throwing away silly goals.

Well done on claiming the Apertura :thup:. 20+ years on and it looks like River still haven't recovered from their relegation a couple of years ago.

Cheers fella :thup:.

I wouldnt go that far. They have had a few second place finishes in the 2010's and even managed to win both the Aperura and the Clausura. They had a few third place finishes during much of the 2020's but has since dropped off.

Good start to the Clausura and well done on beating All Boys.As for the Copa Lib,nice simple victory to get you started.

Cheers BWG :thup:.

Must be because the Japanese leagues don't exist. Must have seen it on a custom league that was added.

I honestly havent got a clue. I have googled it so I actually know it is now a real tournament, but I couldnt explain why it isnt on the game unless I spoke to one of the South American researchers.

SRL88's Career - March 2035 - Boca Juniors

Clausura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-38.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-27.png

A mixed month, but we are still going along alright in the Clausura. We were poor away to Inderpendiente and they thoroughly deserved their win. We bounced back with a massive win over Newell's. We went into the final 10 minutes heading for defeat but two late goals gave us a massive 2-1 win. Despite being second best against Argentinos we managed to come away with a credible draw before we destroyed Olimpia 5-0 with Luis De Leon being the start of the show.

March 2035 - Continued

Copa Argentina 6th Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-20.png

Despite facing Second Division opposition this was a cracking result. It was fantastic to see our dominance, even with the mass amount of changes I made. This destruction set up a 7th Round tie at home to Godoy.

Copa Libertadores

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-3-7.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-12.png

So bloody frustrating. We led both games comfortably heading into the final quater of the game but we just became complacent. We conceded late goals and although I am certain that we will still qualify from this group, we should be sat on maximum points.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - March 2035 - Brazil

Friendly

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-21.png

A very comfortable win away from home. We were limited somewhat in the sense that over half the squad was withdrawn from their respective squads so I had to call up players I usually wouldnt usually even consider. Still, this was a pleasing performance and we grabbed the win very comfortably.

We have a break now until July when we have two warm-up friendlies for the Copa America, which we get underway with a game against Colombia.

unlucky on the set-back in the CL, hopefully you should still qualify with relative ease!

Yeah it was a little annoying but we should be ok.

Well I don't know who to ask! :)

I have PM'd the Argentine Researcher and got this reply.

The Suruga Bank Championship is a real life tournament played between the Copa Sudamericana champion and the Japanese League Cup winner. It is not in FM due to the J-League related legal issues.

Archived