What clubs should be used  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What clubs should be used

• Use Extinct and new clubs in GB Leagues
    • Use a mixture of current and extinct/new clubs
    • use top 64/128 from the 4 nations
    • create all new clubs for GB Leagues

[WIP] Great Britain League System Database

I’m going to create a new nation, and I need your help in the direction I take it.

Above your see a poll with the options I have and below a detailed description of them, please vote on your favourite or other and post an idea you may have.

The first thing I have started is to bring back extinct teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as I don’t want to weaken in numbers existing club numbers in stated nations or rebuild entire league systems.

Option 1

Leave current clubs in leagues in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as is and Use extinct clubs and possibly new created Teams in the GB League System.

Option 2

Use Some clubs from the 4 nations mentioned and replace clubs used with extinct Clubs, thus having a mixture of current clubs and extinct clubs in the GB league system.

Option 3

Use all top 64 or 128 clubs based on reputation from the 4 nations and replace with extinct and newly created clubs

Option 4

Create all new clubs for GB league systems based on cities, towns and maybe counties

The Type of league System used will be chosen when I know how many clubs their will be in the new nation.

I will post new polls as this Db progresses, on League system, Player/Staff nationality, league and club reputations and Competitions.

So for now if you could only comment on or ask questions about club choice, that will keep the thread tidy and will later on stop me from missing good ideas about other areas of the database.

Thanks and looking forward to your input.

Psycho1970….

Just gone through over 9000 extinct teams and got 985 British teams, now sorting between the 4 nations, really wasnt expecting that many but its good news as it doesnt look like I'll need to create new teams, Im looking at 512 teams in total for the GB Nation which will give plenty of leagues, at the moment im thinking 8 levels.:) Keep voting as final team selection hasn't been decided yet.

Merry Christmas Everyone, sorry for the delay in the poll results.

Over 3 sites the results are as follows

Option 1 = 5

Option 2 = 6

Option 3 = 15

Option 4 = 4

Only votes before 8pm on Wednesday were counted

So with 50% of the votes the clear favorite is Use top teams.

Unfortunately while running a test, The in-game nation Great Britain crashes at league/cup set-up, I've tried everything that i can think of to fix this but to no avail, So what Im going to do is rename Ireland as GB

Which will mean the flag being wrong unless the config file is changed.

On player Nationalities I'm thinking of changing all players that haven't been selected for international duty from England, wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as British

On Club reputation I'm thinking of raising the reps of teams to make the leagues fairer ie the minimum rep in the top flight will be around 7500 and the second flight 6000.

On finances the idea is to start all teams in its league the same balance, wage budget and transfer budget and match ticket price and season ticket price.

Any thoughts on any of the above feel free to post your views.

Once again Happy Xmas

Progress so Far -

Renamed Northern Ireland Great Britain and enhanced stats of nation

Created GB League & Competitions

Balanced Reputations

Balanced Finances

Changed Nationalities of players from the 4 nations to Great British for the players that haven't already had a international call up

Re - jigged England, Scotland, Wales Leagues (leagues and cups in process of being rebuilt)

Renamed Republic of Ireland - Conglomerated Ireland, added Northern Ireland teams

Set up basic Nation rules to run test Game with Great Britain (runners up in world cup 2014 :D)

Still to do -

Add prize money, resort dates, tv dates and add squad rules and match rules to great Britain

Rebuild other 4 Nations League and cup structure

Add awards

Looking good for new year release :lol:

Great Britain Database now finished and started on England Database, going a bit slowly tho as I want to recreate it as near to real life as possible along with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

However I'm going to give 3 people from this Site a chance to try out the GB Database. The 3 people chosen must agree to write a post with their views on it (good or bad) and any issues they encounter. The first three people to reply will be sent a Link tomorrow via PM.:)

Major Headache, Just finished my reconstruction of English Leagues, and ran a test with GB database and they don't work together, telling me that GB Fa Cup requesting too many teams from prem, tho both files are the same apart from nation rules, so for now I'm going to tweak the GB database placing major cities in Great Britain as one problem I encountered was the low and poor Quantity of regens for Great Britain and release it as a stand alone Db.

Im currently running a test game with the England file and may still release this as alternative English League System.

I will look at rebuilding all the databases once the 1st update patch is released by SI Games and hopefully with what I've learned from this one I will be able to improve on it even further.

Archived