Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zigson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

if you bomb anytime you bomb rush hour while the G8 is in the country and they've just been awarded the olympics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The timing of the olympics is irrelevant surely. You think they'd have called off an attack if the decision had gone to Paris?

G8 is in Scotland btw. I think they're at Gleneagles this morning, or was that yesterday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but they're not going to bomb a golf course, I'm not saying they'd have called if off, but today's just the perfect date (although yesterday may have been better, would've certainly swung it in Paris' favour)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gee, i must thank my girlfriend for waking me up this morning, or else i would have been late as usual and caught in the middle of this.

I normally pass through liverpool street at around 8:45 :S

sounds like hell out there, sirens and helicopters everywhere icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

sounds more like IRA style bombing, but I highly doubt it's them.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i seriously doubt that its the IRA, they finished there campaign of bombing england in the 80's or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They usually send a coded warning as well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

This is all very odd, reminds me of watching 9/11 on ver Beeb, but less dramatic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is far more dramatic for me :*)

sydney is reporting it, the whole london tube has been shut down.

london just cant seem to get enough publicity as if late..

( on a unrelated note, if this wasnt the doing of some terrorist group, its now just given terrorist groups a great idea in how its all crippled )

just be lucky its not some airborne attack, much like the japanese cult nut a few yrs ago who s people released substance on trains in peak hr.

This is defintely the work of terrorists.

If it's the IRA, expect a hard-line approach. If it's Al-Qaeda, race relations now will be damaged in this country, and the pressure WILL be on Mr.Blair to pull out of Iraq and to quit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and the pressure WILL be on Mr.Blair to pull out of Iraq and to quit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope he sticks to his guns, pulling out now will be more catastrophic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hufctigers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

7/06 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or even 07/07 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my bad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky:

Who the hell are ETA? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Basque Terrorist group. They only target Spain TBH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hufctigers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

7/06 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or even 07/07 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To think I was born 25 years ago today icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wolfie.:

btw someone if possible take pics and upload em, i want to see the mayhem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's basically what sky wants people to do

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilN:

This is defintely the work of terrorists.

If it's the IRA, expect a hard-line approach. If it's Al-Qaeda, race relations now will be damaged in this country, and the pressure WILL be on Mr.Blair to pull out of Iraq and to quit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like the pressure will be on to take a HARDER course of action in brining these terrorists to justice. Plus ID cards will be dragged up in the news again and they'll talk about how it could have prevented this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wonder if G8 will be cancelled and Blair will have to make a move. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blair has no plans to return to London.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

are you serious steve? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was but i'm remembering that that was the real IRA now. And highly unlikely to be them.

icon_frown.gif

Don't be ridiculous, of course it's not ETA.

It could be any number of middle eastern terrorist groups - some allied with Iraq, some allied with iran, or Al-qaeda.

But it just doesn't seem large scale enough to be anyone serious.

Archived