Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Administrators
This is a BIG issue that needs to be addressed quickly: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291614-Changing-pitch-situation-after-looking-into-players-profiles-and-tactics-screen.

I can't believe this issue is even in this game and hasn't been touched for at least a year!!!

Have replied to the thread, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Christopher, so what exactly do you want it to do? Not download the update? If this is stopping you even playing the game I'd suggest verifying the cache (this will most likely download the patch though), details on how to do this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

In all honesty I don't know why it's tried to update if you don't want it to - are you still able to run the game as it is?

I always play the game in offline mode, but today I went online in order to download the editor. I have always had it on 'do not update automatically', so quite why it's been turned on again, I have no idea. However, upon going online and downloading the editor, it began updating, or at least, saying it was updating.

I've tried verifying the cache, defragmenting, the lot. It's just not happening. As long as it knows there's an update and that I've not downloaded it, it won't allow me to play the game. I HAVE to update now, whether I like it or not, to be able to play the game, but I can't and I don't know why.

I've noticed that if I verify the cache, shut down, reopen Steam, the download appears in the downloads section, but it does not download. If I click 'Play', I am presented with the verifying cache window, and am then told Steam servers are busy.

• Administrators
I always play the game in offline mode, but today I went online in order to download the editor. I have always had it on 'do not update automatically', so quite why it's been turned on again, I have no idea. However, upon going online and downloading the editor, it began updating, or at least, saying it was updating.

I've tried verifying the cache, defragmenting, the lot. It's just not happening. As long as it knows there's an update and that I've not downloaded it, it won't allow me to play the game. I HAVE to update now, whether I like it or not, to be able to play the game, but I can't and I don't know why.

I've noticed that if I verify the cache, shut down, reopen Steam, the download appears in the downloads section, but it does not download. If I click 'Play', I am presented with the verifying cache window, and am then told Steam servers are busy.

Okay thanks for getting back to me. Have you been able to turn Steam back into 'offline' mode? If you can, does the game run then?

Have you tried verifying the cache as I stated above? It may also be worth restarting your system as that may also help with the reconnection.

Probably you already tried, but I had the same problem. Just needed to reboot my computer, disconnect from my wifi, reconnect, then go back into Steam

Hi all

Couple of things I have noticed, not sure if anyone has the same: 1. all rounds of games (pl, champs league) are played at the same time, same day (no tv changes), 2. cant confirm selecting my back up tactic during a game

Does anyone else have the same? Have used all patches etc.

Thanks

Si

major major issues with the update patch for myself

firstly im managing bristol city 2018 season im in world class rep and can ask for a parent club this has to be a bug considering the only teams with a higher rep than myself is man utd and barcelona.

secondly match engine is appalling now jerky slow and when making subs will show me highlights even though i dont have them on.

next i cannot now ask for a new stadium or expand before this patch i played at 3pm uk time i had those options logged out and then fm updated im now 9 game months further through and still no option.

hall of fame has a bug now where sir alex ferguson shows up in both 1st and 9th place in my hof.

and the other bugs i have noticed so far are im getting players who are playing every game getting "unhappy at not getting first team action". my guys who this involves have played all bar 1 game since this patch.

also the other problem i have noticed is signing younger players all considering contracts and not accepting or rejecting until after deadline transfer or in the case of the team who has the player not accepting 8 months on.

overall this patch has made this game 10 times worse.

Okay thanks for getting back to me. Have you been able to turn Steam back into 'offline' mode? If you can, does the game run then?

Have you tried verifying the cache as I stated above? It may also be worth restarting your system as that may also help with the reconnection.

If I reopen in offline mode, I'm told 'This game is not ready to be played in Offline mode'. It also reads 'update paused' next to the game's icon.

Probably you already tried, but I had the same problem. Just needed to reboot my computer, disconnect from my wifi, reconnect, then go back into Steam

Yeah I've tried that, I'll give it another go and see what happens. Back in a bit...!

Was playing normally when i alt+tabbed and the game just closed, never happened to me before so hopefully was just a one-time crash.

I also have the problem with the relegation colours not showing, i've tried to check the game integrity but didn't fixed, not a major concern for me though, i'm using the Flex skin by the way.

saw no fix to liverpool topping the sponsorship thing for premier league where united should.

and some players need buffing a bit to fit thier real life standard, sturridge left on a free from chelsea, and is only 2-3 stars accoring to man utd scout, making him lower then oxlade-chamberlin, i thought that would happen.

• Administrators
Do I need to start from scratch to fix the Croatian league. I was at the turn of the season 19.6 and started the new season and nothing has improved

Sorry but I'm not sure - had the season fixtures already been made before you updated?

• Administrators
saw no fix to liverpool topping the sponsorship thing for premier league where united should.

and some players need buffing a bit to fit thier real life standard, sturridge left on a free from chelsea, and is only 2-3 stars accoring to man utd scout, making him lower then oxlade-chamberlin, i thought that would happen.

There's been no data changes in this update.

• Administrators
Was playing normally when i alt+tabbed and the game just closed, never happened to me before so hopefully was just a one-time crash.

I also have the problem with the relegation colours not showing, i've tried to check the game integrity but didn't fixed, not a major concern for me though, i'm using the Flex skin by the way.

Sorry to hear that, I assume you're running in full screen mode? We're aware of the relegation colours and we're looking into it. Very odd as we've not seen this at all internally - when using a default skin does it show up?

Right, no joy. Backwards step even. Game doesn't appear in the 'downloads' section of Steam and it still can't decide if it's updating or not anyway, giving me the option of pausing the download (despite it not actually downloading) when it says 'update paused'.

Also, despite me changing it back to 'do not automatically update' it tells me it will automatically update the game. Very bored of this now. It looks as if I'll have to reinstall from scratch, which is a massive inconvenience as I have to go out and find an internet connection fast enough to download it.

Again, I bought the game, why can't I be the one to play it when I want to?

hello i'd really like some help. the new patch 12.1.0 has installed itself via steam but is there any way i can remove it and play the game on an earlier patch version? im starting a new game and there is a certain feature which has changed and makes the game less fun for me during the first few months of the season.

• Administrators
hello i'd really like some help. the new patch 12.1.0 has installed itself via steam but is there any way i can remove it and play the game on an earlier patch version? im starting a new game and there is a certain feature which has changed and makes the game less fun for me during the first few months of the season.

No, once you're patched up you cannot 'go back' I'm afraid.

• Administrators
Right, no joy. Backwards step even. Game doesn't appear in the 'downloads' section of Steam and it still can't decide if it's updating or not anyway, giving me the option of pausing the download (despite it not actually downloading) when it says 'update paused'.

Also, despite me changing it back to 'do not automatically update' it tells me it will automatically update the game. Very bored of this now. It looks as if I'll have to reinstall from scratch, which is a massive inconvenience as I have to go out and find an internet connection fast enough to download it.

Again, I bought the game, why can't I be the one to play it when I want to?

Okay do this first - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

I'd try verifying the cache, it may take two or three attempts to do this. Let me know if you have any luck, thanks.

Don't think there is a way of changing that unless you reinstall the game but even then if you go to update it, it will just pick the latest patch.

• Administrators
so still no reply or response to my post 258 then? nice to sigames helping other but cant even be bothered to reply to my post

Thanks for taking the time to bring up the issues. If you want to help, could you please create individually posts for each issue in the relevant sections of the bugs forum here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240-Football-Manager-2012-Bugs-Forum

If you do this we'll be able to look into the issues and make sure they're logged and potentially fixed.

• SI Staff

The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery

- Harder to get header on target under pressure

- Better AI attacking corner set-up

- Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction

- Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third

- Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,

Paul

Okay do this first - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

I'd try verifying the cache, it may take two or three attempts to do this. Let me know if you have any luck, thanks.

Hi Neil, thanks for the response at such a late hour too, much appreciated.

I'm running the game on Mac, how do I remove settings files on OS X?

• Administrators
Hi Neil, thanks for the response at such a late hour too, much appreciated.

I'm running the game on Mac, how do I remove settings files on OS X?

Ah sorry, didn't realise you were on a Mac. Try this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7205202&viewfull=1#post7205202

I seem to be having a serious issue here. Before, if I wanted to make changes and go from say 4-4-2 to 4-3-3, I could just click on confirm changes when I'd made the formation change, and it'd change it. Now, for some bizarre reason, it'll happily let me make substitutions, but when it comes to changing players positions, formations etc, it either doesn't give me an option to confirm the changes, or it does, it says it's making the changes, but doesn't make them at all. This is VERY frustrating when you're trying to go for a late equaliser and you find your team not playing attacking football at all, players in their original positions when they should've changed etc. For me this is a serious serious issue.

The changes were so minor I didn't bother with a change-list to be honest.

Main ones you may or may not notice:

- Toned down corner delivery

- Harder to get header on target under pressure

- Better AI attacking corner set-up

- Tweaked AI use of touchline instruction

- Fixed a bug relating related to positioning of full backs in defensive third

- Fixed defensive line pushing up on goal kick leaving team vulnerable to header back over their heads for forward to run onto

Cheers,

Paul

I'm a bit of a maniac when it comes to the theory of game mechanics, rather than discussing over subjective impressions of players regarding the changes. I think others would appreciate those change-lists like in the past, too. On paper the tweaks seem nice, i'll go check the real thing! :)

Cheers for the info, Paul!

• Administrators
I seem to be having a serious issue here. Before, if I wanted to make changes and go from say 4-4-2 to 4-3-3, I could just click on confirm changes when I'd made the formation change, and it'd change it. Now, for some bizarre reason, it'll happily let me make substitutions, but when it comes to changing players positions, formations etc, it either doesn't give me an option to confirm the changes, or it does, it says it's making the changes, but doesn't make them at all. This is VERY frustrating when you're trying to go for a late equaliser and you find your team not playing attacking football at all, players in their original positions when they should've changed etc. For me this is a serious serious issue.

You need to press the 'play' button on the formation to make certain and confirm the team will now play this formation.

Done, still nothing.

If I pause the download then double click on the game, it verifies the cache then tells me the servers are too busy. It's still not appearing in the downloads section.

I know it can work, as I've downloaded the Editor twice tonight.

• Administrators
Right, so that didn't work. The only way it worked was me clicking the button to make it my starting formation.

Yeah that's the 'play' button I mean, to make it your starting formation (but once the game has already kicked off).

• Administrators
Done, still nothing.

If I pause the download then double click on the game, it verifies the cache then tells me the servers are too busy. It's still not appearing in the downloads section.

I know it can work, as I've downloaded the Editor twice tonight.

I'll be honest I'm not a Mac expert, please email me at neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll make sure our Mac guy looks at this first thing tomorrow. If you can reinstall without too much effort it may well help with this issue.

That's really bizarre, and to be honest quite confusing (compared to the old version where basically you just made the changes and bam, they were implemented). It also means (I'm guessing anyway) then having to change my different 4-3-3 formation back to what I want as my original 4-3-3 formation (if I'm losing with 5mins to go I stick 5 men up front, before that, just a straight 4-3-3, will I now have to change back from the 5 men up front version of 4-3-3 to the original version of 4-3-3 after each game, and make sure that I reclick on 4-4-2 as my starting tactic for the next game?)

I'll be honest I'm not a Mac expert, please email me at neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll make sure our Mac guy looks at this first thing tomorrow. If you can reinstall without too much effort it may well help with this issue.

Okay, I'll try and reinstall, if something goes awry I'll drop you a line.

Cheers.

The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.

Hi PaulC,

I would like to know why do you recommend that, were there some changes that influence directly (like a more realistic reputation as ex Sunday League Player)?

No, as with all updates you never need to start a new save game - you're fine to continue your game.

However some changes (such as competition rules and scheduling changes) you'll need to start a new game for them to take affect.

Hi Neil Brock,

Does the changes happen once a new league starts (mostly the competition rules) or by removing and then adding the league. Or the only way is to start fresh?

• SI Staff

The starting world reputation for Sunday league is now 0, so if you start a new game you'll get the full effects of that.

Whereas if you continue a game where you started with Sunday League at a higher number, which may now be higher if you have done ok, it will be a bit easier to motivate your players than if you restart.

- User now gets to pick their feeder club when the board agree to allow the user to pick their own team rather than just pick from suggested clubs.

Can you tell me if the success rate when I do pick my own club has increased from previous versions? Do we need to check club reputation in FMRTE to make sure that the target club is in a proper range compared to our club, because the gap between the lower levels of "National" and "Continental" is so immense that it is not very useful. I suppose over half the clubs in the world have "national" reputation...

Maybe the board could hint a bit as to what kind of club they would think realistic?

• Administrators
Hi Neil Brock,

Does the changes happen once a new league starts (mostly the competition rules) or by removing and then adding the league. Or the only way is to start fresh?

In all honesty I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to check for you tomorrow when I'm back in the office I'm afraid.

Archived