Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading the responses from SI regarding the removal of the editor, i still see no valid reason why it shouldnt be enabled. As i mentioned before people know the risks before using, if there was such a problem with the editor why has it seemingly been embraced in past versions? This change has ruined the game for a lot of people, i hope you come to realise that the editor is a major part of how a number of people play the game, and hopefully restore it. That being said i am very much grateful for the other changes implemented and can tell you have worked hard to make the game better in the gameplay department.

Regards

Not a chance I would sign him. :D Even for £160 a week, maybe if I was even lower down the Leagues.

The only reason he's on £160 a week now, is because he came up through the ranks in my Youth Team, while we were down in League 2.

And my Scout told me he could become a top League one defender. But times had changed now and I have better players in the squad etc, and he never improved.

Needless to say, that scout has been sacked! :lol:

If I got told no teams were interested, I would wait for their contract to expire, or release them. There'd be no probelm.

But when I get messages saying AI teams are interested, but are not willing to make an offer because the wage demands are too much, when a player is on £160 a week and their average wage is £800 a week, it does drive me a little mad.

The only save I could find was January 2019, so a year before.

But for what it's worth, With Shrewsbury his initial request was £300 and a £120 appearance fee, with a £350 loyality bonus.

But alot things could have changed in that year, and he could be requesting more etc. So I won't read anything into that.

And you do make a fair point about the player being crap etc. :thup:

But the AI doesn't think like this, if they think a player is crap.. there would be no interest at all on FM.

None of this, they are interested but for the wage demands stuff.

haha good choice on the scout!!

So a year ago he wanted double his wages with other bonuses, you can see where im going with this....

The game is telling you that those teams could be interested but because of his wages demands they are put off, most likely if you were to free him they would try and sign him.

After reading the responses from SI regarding the removal of the editor, i still see no valid reason why it shouldnt be enabled. As i mentioned before people know the risks before using, if there was such a problem with the editor why has it seemingly been embraced in past versions? This change has ruined the game for a lot of people, i hope you come to realise that the editor is a major part of how a lot of people play the game, and hopefully restore it. That being said i am very much grateful for the other changes implemented and can tell you have worked hard to make the game better in the gameplay department.

Regards

they havent removed the editor, they have removed the ability to unlock a certain part of the editor that was never intended for use by the public, the fact someone has been able to figure out how to hack the game and passed on that info does not mean this was a part of the editor SI wanted us to use. From what i have read they have taken this decision after wasting a lot of time finding problems cause by people using this part of the editor, not just this year, but ever since that panel was hacked.

I'm starting to move towards agreeing that a difficulty setting of sorts should be included in the game, it is becoming blindingly obvious that there are now two types of FM gamer, those who want a realistic challenge (happy with changes made in 12.1) & those who would prefer a select, continue, win, select continue win, approach. (12.1 ruined my successful side).

Based on the threads pre & post patch both groups seem to be of equal voice so maybe it is time for SI to consider a FM Light option on the PC/MAC game that allows the player to move many of the off-pitch aspects in their favour by way of an easy button.

I'm starting to move towards agreeing that a difficulty setting of sorts should be included in the game, it is becoming blinding obvious that there are now two types of FM gamer, those that what a realistic challenge (happy with changes made in 12.1) & those who would prefer a select, continue, win, select continue win, ad infinitum approach (12.1 ruined my successful side).

Based on the threads pre & post patch both groups seem to be of equal voice so maybe it is time for SI to consider a FM Light option on the PC/MAC game that allows the player to move many of the off-pitch aspects in their favour by way of an easy button.

I agree about the FM light, but im sure this has been raised before, and that there was a reason why it wasnt feasible?

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Its just that the editor i downloaded from steam now wont even open? i just get a green screen with all the text muddled up, will this be a temporary problem? or is this something relatively straight forward that can be fixed?

I see, thanks for clearing that up. Its just that the editor i downloaded from steam now wont even open? i just get a green screen with all the text muddled up, will this be a temporary problem? or is this something relatively straight forward that can be fixed?

thats a bug and something they will fix when they find the issue, the normal editor has not been taken away, just the advanced panel that we were never ment to have access too.

I agree about the FM light, but im sure this has been raised before, and that there was a reason why it wasnt feasible?

I've always poo pooed the idea but now I think it would be a wise commercial decision, not everyone plays the game in the same way I do & most certainly do not have the time to get the most out of FM these days.

If SI continue down the route of making the game ever more realistic (I will embrace more realism) then eventually they will create a game that is impractical for the many of their current customers, it feels blasphemous of me to say but FM might be too time consuming to make it a viable commercial product & will either become a Microsoft Flightsim (tech bore) game or WOW (geek/addict) title. The only problem is after the death of & tbh p&*$ poor marketing of FML the online subscription model is a non-starter.

Think that's as much as I can say without straying too far from the subject of patch feedback.

I've always poo pooed the idea but now I think it would be a wise commercial decision, not everyone plays the game in the same way I do & most certainly do not have the time that I do agree is required to get the most out of FM these days.

If SI continue down the route of making the game ever more realistic (I will embrace more realism) then eventually they will create a game that is impractical for the many of their current customers, it feels blasphemous of me to say but FM might be too time consuming to make it a viable commercial product & will either become a Microsoft Flightsim (tech bore) game or WOW (geek/addict) title. The only problem is after the death of & tbh p&*$ poor marketing of FML the online subscription model is a non-starter.

Think that's as much as I can say without straying too far from the subject of patch feedback.

Is FM not already a "geek" title? For my group of friends its very similar to WOW, those of us who play it, do so religiously, those who dont, have no interest at all in the game as its too complex for them to get into.

I've always poo pooed the idea but now I think it would be a wise commercial decision, not everyone plays the game in the same way I do & most certainly do not have the time that I do agree is required to get the most out of FM these days.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Perhaps a dicussion worthy of its own thread?

I know a good number of people are slowly moving away from FM or not getting the new version, each of the last few releases has resulted in another couple of mates deciding that they will buy it no more.

At some point those numbers will become too high for SI to ignore, obviously the sales figures for this year put a lie to this but that could have been down to the anti-piracy measures.

Until those moving away out number those coming in i cant see SI making any huge changes, afterall there are plenty young folk with an interest in football with enough time to spend getting into FM. Same goes for any of these kinda games, WOW has been going forever and the numbers dont drop because as people get bored and leave, new people come in.

Players get injured all the time, it has nothing to do with the patch & if it did this place would be flooded with threads on the subject.

Was it FM07 or 08 that did actually have a bugged injury frequency?

Barside could there be an element that just your mates are growing up?

Although I bloody love FM and have been playing it for thousands of hours over the last 12 years, I do hope that there is a day when I have no interest in it. Certainly my friends give it up one by one as they realise how many hours disappear into the laptop. I think this could be as possible as because the game gets worse (as surely it gets better?)

Iv noticed, only since the latest patch, that the reputation of u20 teams has gone mental.

When I was Honduras boss my u20s played St. Pierre and Miquelon and it went down a famous victory.

I just had the same supporters play down famous victory line as my Paraguay u20 team defeated Guadeloupe

Barside could there be an element that just your mates are growing up?

I have no doubt that will be a factor but I know plenty of guys over 40 (I'm 35) who still play FM & do so because of the depth the game has to offer.

I think you'll find that I am very harsh of my criticism towards FM when it is deserved but I'll accept the fanboy jibe as whenever I post about an issue with the game & provide evidence to back up what I'm saying (see scouting bug thread, home-grown bug thread, memory leak thread) I do so in the hope that the game will be improved.

Dont worry I agree fully that its a great game. For all im saying I hope I wont be playing it later in life, its can very easily imagine I will be, especially as it continues to get better.

Anyhow - back to the patch feedback. I havent noticed any of the adverse effects noticed by others, just very specific bugs and niggles.

I would say I have noticed that all the opposition teams seems to be unhappier than they used to be, and its still a very low point total required to stay up in the EPL

Apologies if this belongs in the bugs forum, but since the new patch my league table screen is not highlighting promotion/relegation zones, so looks like this - http://i.imgur.com/J98bx.png

It happened on a different save and there was a fix mentioned on the first page of this thread (refresh skin cache) which worked but when I went back to this save, which was started before the new patch, it's not making a difference. Obviously not a major issue but is there any other quick fix?

Cheers.

EDIT - Seems to have randomly sorted itself, never mind. Otherwise I have no issues with the patch.

I play with Sunday League footballer reputation so i can understand it may be a bit harder in reality to motivate players however, when I miss every penalty in a shootout due to low morale and lack of motivation it really is ridiculous. It then says when i say i'm dissapointed 'demotivated' when the player wasnt motivated in the first place.

2 saves with Sporting Lisbon i've lost in the Europa League qualifiers vs Dundee and Slovan Bratislava without even scoring a goal. On the previous patch i would of brushed both teams aside with ease.

Sort it out SI as you've ruined what was a fabulous game.

The new update has made a really enjoyable game into a frustrating and annoying game ,

in particular the lack of being able to adjust your transfer/wage budget while you have active offers for players .This has made the job of getting in the players you want or your favorites players before other clubs get them very annoying , why change it !! This is totally unrealistic and just down right annoying when you have to wheel and deal in the transfer market with a mid to lower placed league team

Also signing staff has become a nightmare now if you happen to go over the boards limit then sack someone to make space you have to wait way to long before you can re attempt to sign them

The teamtalks are now almost worthless very few players react as they did before the update brrrrrr

These are NOT changes for the better and tbh make me not want to play the game very disappointing .

I fail to understand why you have made these changes !!

What are you talking about. Teamtalks were a joke before. As if you can keep high morale by just praising everyone the whole time. People shouldnt take much notice of team talks. It should be a MINOR element of the game and not the all changing effective easy-mode cheat it was pre-patch

I say it's unrealistic as players aren't motivated before kick-off then after the game they are demotivated? How can you be demotivated if you aren't motivated in the first place. Also Mourinho and AVB have shown in their first jobs they had no professional footballer experience and had the respect from the players and made a success. I missed every penalty in a shootout due to this.

Of course you can demotivate someone who is presently in a neutral frame of mind, I've seen it happen in the workplace.

As for Villas-Boas & Mourinho they were both heavily involved in football long before they took up a management positions, both were highly respected coaches & tacticians before they started on their managerial careers.

Motivation isnt an on off thing, what you have seen is your initial team talk has not motivated your players to a good extent, your one at the end has had an adverse effect. Both the managers you have mentioned have build up a lot respect throughout the footballing world long before they took the posts they have now, they have not just arrived in football without anyone knowing who they are.

I say it's unrealistic as players aren't motivated before kick-off then after the game they are demotivated? How can you be demotivated if you aren't motivated in the first place. Also Mourinho and AVB have shown in their first jobs they had no professional footballer experience and had the respect from the players and made a success. I missed every penalty in a shootout due to this.

You can't causally link a penalty shoot out to team talks. As for demotivation, it is relative, not an absolute.

You cant even hold a team meeting before the start of the season to try raise morale, i've given up on the game as it's not fun so hopefully SI do what they are best at and that's adjust the game back to it's greatness.

Every player was on low morale even though i'd praised them all and took the pressure off them and all 3 blast the penalty miles wide. I then get four 0-0 draws against Dundee and Slovan Bratislava when i'm Sporting Lisbon using a tactic that on the previous patch was amazing. It's also a tactic with 50k downloads.

You cant even hold a team meeting before the start of the season to try raise morale, i've given up on the game as it's not fun so hopefully SI do what they are best at and that's adjust the game back to it's greatness.

Every player was on low morale even though i'd praised them all and took the pressure off them and all 3 blast the penalty miles wide. I then get four 0-0 draws against Dundee and Slovan Bratislava when i'm Sporting Lisbon using a tactic that on the previous patch was amazing. It's also a tactic with 50k downloads.

And theres your problem. Its your tactics, Downloaded tactics are rarely exactly suited to your team ;)

It will be the games way of saying that the teams who are interested cannot afford the players wages at that time because of what i already said.
The news screen says its above what their willing to pay for that player, not that they have no money left to spend, i wouldnt touch that player as far as i could throw him, its good to see the AI has at least some sense when it comes to signing players.

Make your mind up.

REally amazed that people liked the fact you could get humped 4-0 and tell the players well played and their morale was fine.

I mean wtf. That was borderline a bug. Get used to this new and improved system. If you lose 4-0 then not even mourinho is going to be able to boost his teams morale by saying unlucky. Thats insane.

So many babies in this thread.

It's when you win 3-0 and the players are taking no notice or uninterested. That's what is wrong with it.

No its not. They get a boost from winning 3-0. Your team talk now just has less influence as it should because its ridiculous that team talks (which are mega lame) were so overlypowerful.

Archived