Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is a fix, the opposition using the corner cheat and you not being able to, or anything you say upsets at least 2 players in your team when using teamtalks?!

The opposition aren't using the corner cheat, their instructions have just been improved to match the sorts of goals human managers get from set pieces without cheating.

If the players have larger reputations than you do, you'll find it very hard to command their respect, which is as it should be.

Because no updates were made to the database. Check preferences to see what version you are running.

Ok, I know there were no changes made to the database, hence it still shows default database, but I just presumed it would show up as version 12.1.0 since that it was the update name is and therefore it is simple for users to see it is updated!

• Administrators
-opposition scores a lot of goals from set pieces, especially from the corner cheat (near post distribution, player attacks it and scores). When I try to apply the same corner tactic to balance things out, it doesn’t work. (I could be wrong but it seems that opposition through balls are a lot more effective, resulting in a lot of goals conceded , making my defence look horrible).

-team talks have changed 180 degrees.(Neil Brock said it has very little influence on final result, if so why did you temper with them?).If you can’t find proper balance to a feature, it’s a lot better to make it extremely easy to use than extremely hard to use. You went from an extreme to the other and in the wrong direction .

Example: started game with Malaga and as experience I chose “professional footballer”. I could barely get a reaction(positive or negative) from a couple of players , no matter what I said in any of the phases of a match.

-you can’t adjust budget when you want to, and wind up severely disadvantaged on the transfer market.

I replied to all this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7407930&viewfull=1#post7407930

• SI Staff
I am in the year 2023 in the Croatian first league and the league still has 27 games and a new patch is supposed to fix it.

I expect a new stadium and I have a very good team for which I have struggled all these years. and how I see the patch only works if

I start from scratch. I do not wish to do this because I am not to blame for that. that's what your problem is not the entire year have not worked so now saving with patchis.

why can not do that that it worked in 2023 in the old save game. I paid money for this game and I expect I get what I paid.

I WANT ANSWER ON MY QUESTION

The competitions are setup at the start of a new game and so for any format or rule changes made in an Update it requires a new game for them to work, otherwise it would lead to save game compatibility issues.

The opposition aren't using the corner cheat, their instructions have just been improved to match the sorts of goals human managers get from set pieces without cheating

From my, and others, experiences the opposition scores a lot of goals from set pieces, especially from the corner cheat. I also found i score less from set pieces, and after trying to balence the ratio of goals received to scored from set pieces with the corner cheat i scored almost none.

If the players have larger reputations than you do, you'll find it very hard to command their respect, which is as it should be.

I agree with this part, but it doesn't explain why i get at most 4 reactions from team talks and most of them bad. Why are players with lower reputations than mine unaffected (have no reaction at all)?

There's nothing in the match engine that will make something work for the AI and not for you - you have the exact same instructions available as they do.

When a team talk reaction is coloured, it basically means you have changed their morale.

If your team are already on good morale it becomes much harder to see a reaction that isn't negative.

Thanks Neil Brock (and Ackter) for your repplys, but my opinion is that teamtalks were better before (and the development team problably thoutgh as well, otherwise when you released the game, temtalks would have been as they are with the new patch).The teamtalks weren't good before the patch, but they are worse now, as are corners. It really doesn't matter what i say, unless more people single out what i perceive as problems with the new patch, so untill this happens you are wright and i am wrong.

Just a small issue here, but when trying to arrange friendlies (for any of my teams), it lets me choose the first 1 as normal, and obviously it then shows up in the main fixture list (ie the 1 that lets you see the scorers, match information etc), but it doesn't if I then go and try and set up another friendly in the arrange friendly section. Instead it shows the same information as the last time I was in that screen (so if for example my last proposal at the same time was for a home game v Man Utd, it'll show that, and then I end up having to click twice on the date I want, as it goes back to the top of the list. Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing, but I do find it annoying.

also in that patch you made the unoffical languages won't work,as an israeli that talking hebrew i wanna give the game back.

the fact that the hebrew language that i downloaded isn't working is very annoying.

Thats it. It is UNofficial. Why should SI care about languages they didnt officially write the game for?

This game is not an open source project, is it?

You were not promised the israeli language on the game package, were you?

also in that patch you made the unoffical languages won't work,as an israeli that talking hebrew i wanna give the game back.

the fact that the hebrew language that i downloaded isn't working is very annoying.

You'll have to go back the source of where you got the unofficial language and make a request with them.

Just a small issue here, but when trying to arrange friendlies (for any of my teams), it lets me choose the first 1 as normal, and obviously it then shows up in the main fixture list (ie the 1 that lets you see the scorers, match information etc), but it doesn't if I then go and try and set up another friendly in the arrange friendly section. Instead it shows the same information as the last time I was in that screen (so if for example my last proposal at the same time was for a home game v Man Utd, it'll show that, and then I end up having to click twice on the date I want, as it goes back to the top of the list. Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing, but I do find it annoying.

Report it in the bugs forum please.

Thats it. It is UNofficial. Why should SI care about languages they didnt officially write the game for?

You were not promised the israeli language on the game package, were you?

you know how much people worked to make a skin that works with this language?

or making the language?

also if its not an open source project,why theres an editor?

the fact that hebrew is my talking language is making hard the fact that the game is in english.

i couldn't even finished a month in the game before the hebrew language came.now im in my third season.

you didn't took in thought the people that not talking the languages that comes with the game.if you didnt gave us the languages,at least let us make them.

Yeah i have the same problem with the transfer/wage budget, its a bit annoying as if you need a bit more in wages to sign someone it'll mean you transfer budget is wasted. Whats the point of it being adjusted if it locks? Another problem i have had is when i offer teams my players and offers come in they don't show in the transfer centre which makes it impossible to accept or decline. If im honest i'm unimpressed with the 12.1.0 update and until its fixed i'll have to play something else. Hopefully these will get fixed soon

The first is there to stop people exploiting it, you wont get chairmen in real life continually changing the budgets just because their manager can't make his mind up.

For the second issue, please report it in the bugs forum.

you know how much people worked to make a skin that works with this language?

or making the language?

also if its not an open source project,why theres an editor?

the fact that hebrew is my talking language is making hard the fact that the game is in english.

i couldn't even finished a month in the game before the hebrew language came.now im in my third season.

you didn't took in thought the people that not talking the languages that comes with the game.if you didnt gave us the languages,at least let us make them.

While that's unfortunate, the onus is on the creators of the language files to update them to work with the new update.

It's the same with most third-party additions, like scouting tools and some skins.

While that's unfortunate, the onus is on the creators of the language files to update them to work with the new update.

It's the same with most third-party additions, like scouting tools and some skins.

i know that the creators of the hebrew are trying to make it work with the new update,but if you are not giving us our languages why can't we make them?

why?

I think there is a problem with the match team talk!! There is no reaction at all... Maybe one player seem to look switch off! That cant be right...

Team talks are a way of changing morale. The smaller your reputation in comparison to the players, the less they're likely to listen to you which means you're less likely to see any morale changes from what you've said.

No reaction is only a bad thing if your players are on poor morale. If they're on good morale already, no reaction is fine.

"Thats it. It is UNofficial. Why should SI care about languages they didnt officially write the game for?

You were not promised the israeli language on the game package, were you?"

funny comment? why should they care about? because they might lose a lot of people buying this game. the german speechfile doesnt work anymore, too. i think 95% of all german players prefer the german language and i guess about 70% only play this game due to the german speechfile...otherwise they wouldnt understand enough to play the game.

"Thats it. It is UNofficial. Why should SI care about languages they didnt officially write the game for?

You were not promised the israeli language on the game package, were you?"

funny comment? why should they care about? because they might lose a lot of people buying this game. the german speechfile doesnt work anymore, too. i think 95% of all german players prefer the german language and i guess about 70% only play this game due to the german speechfile...otherwise they wouldnt understand enough to play the game.

Ackter already answered your recurring question:

"While that's unfortunate, the onus is on the creators of the language files to update them to work with the new update.

It's the same with most third-party additions, like scouting tools and some skins. "

A pity so few german FM players can understand English good enough to play the game (if it is true what youre saying) :(

And speaking about "losing a lot of people buying this game".

FM is not officially released in germany, so I don´t think SI does care too much about their sales there.

your comments are a pity....

i dindnt say that so many people dont understand english language....i jsut said that they wouldnt play without having the german language because of not understanding good enough(there are a lot of specific words which u dont use every day) .....two completely different things.

by the way..... i saw that the question already has been answered.

I've read this thread and the changes and I've probably missed it but can anyone tell me whether the game still pauses when you minimize it? On the previous patches when you put a game on and wanted to come off FM and browse the net etc...the game would freeze and not play the game you put on? Its not a major bug for me, just slightly annoying. So yeah has that been fixed?

I've read this thread and the changes and I've probably missed it but can anyone tell me whether the game still pauses when you minimize it? On the previous patches when you put a game on and wanted to come off FM and browse the net etc...the game would freeze and not play the game you put on? Its not a major bug for me, just slightly annoying. So yeah has that been fixed?

yes it is in the list.

I only ever play in commentary mode, with the screen showing my team's stats. If I pause and go to make a sub/tactic change and go back to the match, I now get the pitch view and have to re-select stats.

Seem to remember the exact same thing happened in FM11.

No bother, I'll just re-install the game, and apply the previous patch.....oh hang on, thanks to steam I guess that's now impossible.

Cheers :-(

Same for me !

Thanks for a great update SI ...although i feel we should have breath of fresh air with the whole match engine. its still too unrealistic. now with steam there is no disc limit so you can spiceup the match engine more. im not saying better graphics or anything. just a more fluid match engine.

Archived