Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

You should still be able to sign players, what you cannot do is fudge your accounts to spend more than you have been budgeted for, at least that is what I think SI are trying to prevent.

As an example if you have a wage budget of £45,000 but are spending £50,000 the board will normally restrict how much you can offer in future contract talks so to get around this in past versions you could move all your transfer budget to your wage budget to remove the wage restriction, then once you've agreed terms with a player move the funds back into your transfer kitty.

But other ones don't have this problem. They say that nothing has changed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The update crashed steam, and then I was unable to open it again. Now I have uninstalled the game and steam and it's taking a lifetime to reinstall. This a common issue with updating through steam? Might sound stupid but it's the first year I've been using it for FM.

no its not a common issue.. Always verify cache before re-installing.

saves a lot of headache.,

As previously stated it was not there from the beginning you had to edit things to make advanced rules appear, we did something at the start of the year to try and stop people using it, but unforunatly other ways were found, we have taken steps again to stop this being used. It is not supported and we can get many issues arising with people's game from using of these function, that isn't and never was intended to be used the by the public.

So why do not you have fixed the editor? If I go to add new layers to existing leagues, there are problems with the cups of the divisions created: for example if I create the sixth-level Italian with their cups, when I load up on the fifth level, I have a big problem, since the second season, the Serie A teams also take part in the cups of the sixth level, often causing crashes ... with the advanced panel can avoid this problem by avoiding to load the cups if the sixth level is not loaded ... there is this problem since you inserted the new editor ... this is just a bug of the editor and that you support the advanced panel allows us to avoid

So why do not you have fixed the editor? If I go to add new layers to existing leagues, there are problems with the cups of the divisions created: for example if I create the sixth-level Italian with their cups, when I load up on the fifth level, I have a big problem, since the second season, the Serie A teams also take part in the cups of the sixth level, often causing crashes ... with the advanced panel can avoid this problem by avoiding to load the cups if the sixth level is not loaded ... there is this problem since you inserted the new editor ... this is just a bug of the editor and that you support the advanced panel allows us to avoid

Make the league from scratch and it fixes all the problems.

they are not editing files to change features of the editor that never was intended for the public.

:lol:

They "just" change the .exe (e.g. Pes series). Not only, they edit .txt, .xml and also hard-coded files.

There are a lot of mods for games that don't even have an editor.

• SI Staff
Will they still stay on assignment for an extended period of time when they are scouting a full knowledge nation within a region scouting assignment?

I found that if an English scout was scouting in England as part of a UK & Ireland assignment they would remain in England for a number of months rather than the single day under a single nation assignment. I'm really not sure that the fix people were looking for was an additional line of text saying why a scout can provide a full player list after 1 day.

I believe they will still be staying out for an extended period of time when scouting a full knowledge nation as part of a regional assignment. This is something that we are aware of and this is under review.

To be fair the fix was more than a line of text in a news item. Previously a scout with 'Full Knowledge' of a nation would return on the same day with a very small number of recommended players. In the 12.1.0 update, scouts with 'Full Knowledge' of nations will now provide a far greater amount of scout reports for players within that specific nation.

If you have concerns or issues with the current scouting system then please log a bug in the bugs forum and I will be happy to take a look.

Cheers,

Ben

I believe they will still be staying out for an extended period of time when scouting a full knowledge nation as part of a regional assignment. This is something that we are aware of and this is under review.

To be fair the fix was more than a line of text in a news item. Previously a scout with 'Full Knowledge' of a nation would return on the same day with a very small number of recommended players. In the 12.1.0 update, scouts with 'Full Knowledge' of nations will now provide a far greater amount of scout reports for players within that specific nation.

If you have concerns or issues with the current scouting system then please log a bug in the bugs forum and I will be happy to take a look.

Cheers,

Ben

I will be honest & say that I missed the reference to changing what is reported, I am currently running a a quick test to see what happens to a scouts knowledge base over time & things do not look good, after 17 months a scout who has not been on any assignments still has 100% knowledge of England.

I was under the impression that the knowledge base would reduce over time, is that assumption incorrect?

Bit of a contradictory post, saying it's a long list of fixes then wondering if you're wasting your time by reporting issues! :D We always very much appreciate anyone who posts issues on our bugs forums but as you've rightly said we only have so much time. Sometimes what could be perceived as a relatively simple change (say for example the referee shirts clashing) could well be an issue which takes as long as a week for a single coder to fix. It's really not that straight-forward. Ideally yes we'd fix every single bug anyone ever comes across, it's just not feasibly possible to do so. As said, we really do appreciate anyone who takes the time to raise any issue and please if you can, continue to do so. Thanks. :)

Thanks Neill - as you rightly guessed my last paragraph was contradictory on purpose lol :) Yeh they were things I reported, disappointed to see not one of them fixed. But I know they'll be gotten to eventually.

I am clued in on the process works, barely lol. If you have more pressing issues then you'll concentrate on them. If it's low on the priority list then I know it won't get seen to as quick.

I know you guys have a priority list and it's sitting on the desk of the manager to work through. I know other things are more important.

I read through all the fixes, some interesting ones which I would never come across, but others would (like Asia for example) :)

Thanks for your reply.

The others aren't my area so I can't comment on them.

The clashes should be resolved, we can't guarantee they will all be there as there's so many thousands of combinations but I've been through every one reported to us with save game uploads and they were all resolved.

The other issue isn't a bug and is more a feature suggestion.

Thanks Glenn, good to know

I have the problem with the colours missing on the league tables. I have verified Cache etc but no joy. I dont have a custom skin, I just have a badge pack installed, which still works fine.

small but really annoying!

I just played one game, and now the colours are back as per normal on the league table. Confused, man what a rollercoaster of an evening

So why do not you have fixed the editor? If I go to add new layers to existing leagues, there are problems with the cups of the divisions created: for example if I create the sixth-level Italian with their cups, when I load up on the fifth level,I have a big problem, since the second season, the Serie A teams also take part in the cups of the sixth level, often causing crashes[/b ... with the advanced panel can avoid this problem by avoiding to load the cups if the sixth level is not loaded ... there is this problem since you inserted the new editor ... this is just a bug of the editor and that you support the advanced panel allows us to avoid

:applause:

It's a bug present since FM2010 and also present in FM2011.

I don't know if there is the same bug in FM2012, I didn't try yet, but I think so.

i dont know what happened to this game after the update. im from germany using a german languagefile, whichs doesn´t work anymore after the patch.

even the modified lnc file doesnt work anymore.

and whats absolutely disappointing that the advanced panels dont work anymore......there are authors which spent thousands of hours to create great league structures which we can´t use anymore, too.

please tell me that all this occurs because of an error caused by the update...otherwise i have to play 11er version.

Can I ask seriously... is it being looked into the fact that player search goes slow with lots of Scout Reports?

It took me hours to remove all the scout reports, and I constantly have to remove the scout reports I don't want manually.

anyone from SI could tell me please

i dont know what happened to this game after the update. im from germany using a german languagefile, whichs doesn´t work anymore after the patch.

even the modified lnc file doesnt work anymore.

and whats absolutely disappointing that the advanced panels dont work anymore......there are authors which spent thousands of hours to create great league structures which we can´t use anymore, too.

please tell me that all this occurs because of an error caused by the update...otherwise i have to play 11er version.

I'm sorry but the advanced editor has never been supported and we do not want users editing their games with it, it was never designed or intended for that.

Sorry, but I think with this stupid fixation of chrash, today you lost a certain number of customers.. my interest in the game has finally gone down. Since you have removed advanced rules, there is any hope you will make at least decent the normal editor? I mean, at least some basic function as:

Possibility to set a third play off match;

possibility to set an host nation for a custom competition;

possibility to remake a customize champions league without lose the dinamic reputation of leagues;

possibility to take qualified teams from a determined stage of another competition, or at least the winners!;

until the normal editor will remain at this painful state, I've lost any interest to buy future editions of football manager

best regards

If anyone is having issues with skins or bespoke language packs, it is possibly due to the .xml files pointing at the previous release of FM12.

It may be something else, but navigate to the .xml file of the affected skin / file, and amend the release version from 12.0.1 to 12.1.0. Worked for me in this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291698-Skins-not-working

I also have this relegation colour shading not showing up. How do I verify Cache? Does it wipe anything out?

Same here (I've tried cverifying my cahce/ deleting the roaming folder) I think lots of people are having the same problem though.. so I assume it's an error with the latest patch. :thup:

But if you go onto Steam/Libary/ then right click Football Manager 2012 and click propertires/ then click the 'local files' tab at the top/ then click 'verify the integrity of the game cache'

Same here (I've tried cverifying my cahce/ deleting the roaming folder) I think lots of people are having the same problem though.. so I assume it's an error with the latest patch. :thup:

But if you go onto Steam/Libary/ then right click Football Manager 2012 and click propertires/ then click the 'local files' tab at the top/ then click 'verify the integrity of the game cache'

It doesn't wipe any settings out though does it?

It doesn't wipe any settings out though does it?

No worries.

I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so... but don't take my word on that.

If you delete the FM12 roaming folder, that does wipe out the settings though. But I'm not sure about Verifying the cache.

No worries.

I'm not sure, I wouldn't have thought so... but don't take my word on that.

If you delete the FM12 roaming folder, that does wipe out the settings though. But I'm not sure about Verifying the cache.

It seems to have just double checked things really, hence 'verify' I suppose. It has added the fake.edt and team holland.ddt file again, so I just deleted those.

Not a bug as such, just somethign I would ask SI to consider the implementation of.

When you right click on a player there is the 'Scout Report' option.

I would like to propose this tab be removed for players who dont have scout reports, but only removed from the options when you right click.

Its not a big thing but it can be annoying if you dont know who you have scouted, or if you select that option by mistake

How would I go about doing that? Is there a thread somewhere explaining reinstallation on steam?
I also have this relegation colour shading not showing up. How do I verify Cache? Does it wipe anything out?

Have a read here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

hello i just updated to new release everytime i start a new am getting xml error, anyone know what it is?

And for you, sir, this should help:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184722&viewfull=1#post7184722

@lfc7

It shouldnt mess your save up, in my case though, my players (after Patch) can no longer pass, score, defend or play decent football, my tactic has been totally destroyed with this patch.

Thanks that's what I meant about messing me tactic up etc. think I will finish the first season in my Spartak save then update

Can I ask seriously... is it being looked into the fact that player search goes slow with lots of Scout Reports?

It took me hours to remove all the scout reports, and I constantly have to remove the scout reports I don't want manually.

Just been trying this out and it's a lot faster than it was before.

Apply new patch. Custom skin need to change version in the xml file to work....no hard to do...

Change that I see : Now in full match, I can see replay of highlights and not only goal like FM11 et early FM12.....thanks SI. I can see also for the first time, offside line during replay !!!! AMAZING....

3D animation of player heading has changing also...more fluid and looks like IRL. Thanks SI.

Right, I've been trying for a few hours now, Steam will not update my game.

Upon opening Steam, it says 'Download starting', despite me repeatedly setting it to 'do not automatically update this game'.

Nothing happens. Downloads reads 'Current Network Usage - 0 bytes download rate, 0 bytes peak rate, 0 bytes downloaded' - the latter is interesting, given at one point when it did work, it told me that I had downloaded about 26 MB.

I pause the update (despite it not actually updating) and then resume it. The game reads 'update paused' still. Still nothing happening in the downloads window.

Sometimes, the game is featured in the downloads section. More often than not, it is not there, and I have no activity at all.

Any suggestions are welcome. Might I suggest Sports Interactive drop Steam in return?

I'm still missing the play off/ relegation zone shading even after deleting the folder and verifying the game. Annoying as it is it wont stop me playing the game

I know it will never happen but having the option to restore to a previous version/ patch of the game would be nice - I've lost several perfectly good games in the past because updates have

• Administrators
Updated on steam no problem but now it randomly keeps crashing.. never had any problems before. It says it is some sort of application error.. see screenshot.. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/fm2012crash.jpg/

I'd suggest trying this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7228260&viewfull=1#post7228260

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
Right, I've been trying for a few hours now, Steam will not update my game.

Upon opening Steam, it says 'Download starting', despite me repeatedly setting it to 'do not automatically update this game'.

Nothing happens. Downloads reads 'Current Network Usage - 0 bytes download rate, 0 bytes peak rate, 0 bytes downloaded' - the latter is interesting, given at one point when it did work, it told me that I had downloaded about 26 MB.

I pause the update (despite it not actually updating) and then resume it. The game reads 'update paused' still. Still nothing happening in the downloads window.

Sometimes, the game is featured in the downloads section. More often than not, it is not there, and I have no activity at all.

Any suggestions are welcome. Might I suggest Sports Interactive drop Steam in return?

Hi Christopher, so what exactly do you want it to do? Not download the update? If this is stopping you even playing the game I'd suggest verifying the cache (this will most likely download the patch though), details on how to do this here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

In all honesty I don't know why it's tried to update if you don't want it to - are you still able to run the game as it is?

Archived