Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing, you're looking at the database which hasn't been updated. If you check the game status screen you should see that you're playing on version 12.1.1, this of course assumes that you've been online when logged in to Steam.

really not enjoying this patch at all, baffled by what's happening why are teams going on such bad runs of form? (man city 7 games w/o a win, barca 5 gams w/o win [4 losses] - these are AI teams in my save)

My team always starts the season well and then by winter gets destroyed by bad form, cant create a CCC never mind win a game (and I have tried playing more direct during winter).

really not enjoying this patch at all, baffled by what's happening why are teams going on such bad runs of form? (man city 7 games w/o a win, barca 5 gams w/o win [4 losses] - these are AI teams in my save)

My team always starts the season well and then by winter gets destroyed by bad form, cant create a CCC never mind win a game (and I have tried playing more direct during winter).

Remember people will keep playing and buying the game if they think its to easy but they will give up if they think it is to hard

imo its balanced after the patch. You have to do things correctly in order your club to overachieve. I dont think its hard with a top club to reach the initial expectations.

My FM12 game wont update itself with the new patch, my game is still at version 12.0.0 and i have looked all over steam and that and i can't find anyway of downloading it.

I take it you have to do it through steam and it is linked up wiut steam and i have an internet connection. I know on the old ones you could click on the main menu to see it there were any update but not on this one.

The data is always updated to to the end of the January transfer window, so I expect that data-wise the next patch will be ready in the very near future. Unfortunately that doesn't mean the patch will defintely be out in the next few days. SI will have a list of bug fixes that they want sorted by the time the next fix comes out, so until they are happy on that score,there will be no patch.

I have had issues in the past with the reputation of my team and league. It's not just me either, a lot of people have had it.

When managing in a smaller league, the rep of the team seems to go down, despite winning back to back titles for example. Also the league rep drops despite me doing great in Europe, a lot better than any team has done from the country in recent history!

I haven't tried managing in a smaller country since because of this. Has it been fixed in this patch, or will it be in the next patch? Cheers.

imo its balanced after the patch. You have to do things correctly in order your club to overachieve. I dont think its hard with a top club to reach the initial expectations.

I agree more balanced but also more WTF!?!??!?!

in order to converge your stats and so you don't steam roll the league the AI now MAKES you go on a bad run of form / miss all your chances / let the opponent score from nothing, if you ask me Zero changes have been made to the actual match engine AI. Watching the AI teams like Man City loosing both legs in the champions league to some rubbish team because they are on a bad run of form is just plain wrong.

I agree more balanced but also more WTF!?!??!?!

in order to converge your stats and so you don't steam roll the league the AI now MAKES you go on a bad run of form / miss all your chances / let the opponent score from nothing, if you ask me Zero changes have been made to the actual match engine AI. Watching the AI teams like Man City loosing both legs in the champions league to some rubbish team because they are on a bad run of form is just plain wrong.

Is this the same man city who did'nt get out of their CL group irl this year and are going to lose the premiership to a crap man utd?

In my opinion, some changes that will not change difficulty for fm12.2 are:

1)AI reaction to my form, previous results. in 11.3 it was working better. now its possible to start a match after a triumph and be 0-2 down in the first minutes. or finish a succesful season and walk through the next season without changing anything while selecting any players of your squad.

2)AI building,after one-two seasons you can have a 1st rated squad in every aera in your league now, thus the game feels arcade-ish and easy

3)regens back like 12.0.4

4)staff generation variety toned

5)training affects toned

6)managerial firing/hiring toned down

7)team meetings effect adjustment

8)lower leagues potential in the youth squads toned

• 2 weeks later...

I use "only commentary" for my matches yet after I make a subsitution, I often get the 3D view until the ball next goes out of play. Sometimes its a few seconds, but sometimes a few minutes. Annoying nonetheless. I also have "enable flashing commentary" ticked on the preferences but, again after making subsitutions, I sometimes don't see it when a goal is scored.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is it just another bug?

Archived