Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

There were some minor changes, which would affect you if you were heavily relying on set pieces to score. Accuracy of delivery has been reduced and AI teams have better instructions, which levels the playing field. To check, look at your goals / shot ratio is the stats screen. If it is lower than 1 goal in 7 shots, it is likely you were overachieving at set pieces. To double check, see if any of your defenders has scored 10 pus goals. If you see both, then you were probably doing well largely through set piece dominance, which might mean you now have to rethink your tactical approach.

Hmm, no I don't think that's the issue. Well Kompany did get 11 goals total over the course of a season, 1 from open play, 2 from indirect free kicks and 8 from corners. Surly that is not that great, considering how much I play him and just how many corners I get per game and that he is just about the only person that scores from headers in my team. (The second highest scoring defender scored two goals, both from corners, both came in the same game, and that was after the patch). What happened to my tactics was that my possession dropped, shots fired plummeted and the opponents got four or five times as many shots as they used to. I am thinking now that it must be a combination of the opposition organizing there defence better then they did before the patch, which is making it harder for my team to play through them, and my players not doing as good a job at putting pressure on the opposition do to lower morale as BiggusD suggested. Or would you suggest something else?

Edit: Have actually noticed since i first posted this that form might have played a part in this aswell. Everybody seems to be recovering from this slump (although not playing at the same level as they did before the patch), exept my top goalscorer and top central defender, that are still struggling. Since the others are starting to come around they must do aswell eventually.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just noticed I'm able to ask for a parent team with SPURS??? I've got continental reputation and won the league 3 times on the trott and Champs League last season, surely a bug

I was never ever able to that before as reputation wise we're second behind Man Utd in England and in the top 10 worldwide - befpre the patch it was always greyed out and said 'We're already in the top division' assuming that it's against the rules to have a parent club in the Premier League

No, I don't think it's a bug, and if I recall correctly you could do this before the patch aswell, not 100% sure on that though. Saw another person on this forum giving an exelent answer to you question: There is nothing stopping Arsene Wenger from asking for a parent club but he would propably get the same reply as you would get if you tried it.

I don't see a problem just because an option isn't grayed out anymore. Doesn't change a thing ingame.

After applying the update, finally got it working, there is one player in my team that whenever I click on him it causes the game to crash. Is there anyway I can sort this without having to start a new game? The player in question is a re-gen if that makes any difference. Thank - you

I got the same problem with you.

And this guy is a quite promising new-gen DC.

Hello everyone,

I just now registered, mainly because i found that my crashes when i go to the page of one of my 'regen' players, all my 'regens' are fine, apart from my right-back defender, i click him, and the game makes a crash. i have tried by going to his profile using 'right click' and then 'training report' (playing in dutch btw. so sorry if i say it in wrong names) and that goes just fine, untill i want to see the 'profile' page, then it crashes again :(. annything i can do?

Manny thanks,

Same as your problem.

James. If they had taken money for the patch, then you would've had a point but they don't.

The only right you have is basically to play the game the way SI intended it to.

Not having a go at you, mate. I'm just saying.

All I am saying is that they are telling me to play the game the way they want me to play it. I want to play the game the way that I want to play it because it was my money that paid for the game not SI

Reading through the posts here it reminds me how we really don't know how the game works and that leads to lots of speculation and thought about how it might work and why we are successful or unsuccessful.

Then when a patch comes out and changes something like morale we have people who suddenly find the game much easier or much more difficult. I can't help but wonder if the former just had a good off-season of new signings and the latter had a key injury. Or one of four dozen other factors happened.

In other words: it's bloody hard to tell what is making the difference. But isn't that what we love and brings us back - figuring out the puzzle.

Next up...correlation is not causation. ;)

I am astonished people think this game is too difficult in the patch. I suck and like easy games but its is amazing people are moaning about morale. I still find it too easy to have high morale. I am 22nd in the league at present and my whole squad is good-superb more or less. Seriously, some people take such knee jerk reactions on threads like this. The pathc was out a few hours and some people were complaining about morale. The changes really werent significant and if these cry babies knew anything about statistics they would know that a 10 minute sample size is irrelevent.

Yeah, now it should be 12.1.1

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291671-Merry-Christmas-from-Sports-Interactive-%E2%80%93-Announcing-*NEW*-Update-12.1.1-for-FM2012

-----------------------------

Football Manager 2012 v12.1.1 Changelist

- Fixed biography-related crash when viewing the profile of some newgen players

- Fixed rare issue allowing Belgian clubs to enter two divisions

UPDATE 12.1.1 NOTE

Just to add we've released an update to address two issues we felt needed a swift fix, both 'fixes' are mentioned in the changelist below. You may note your version number is now 12.1.1 - as before the update is totally save game compatible, there is no updated database and there is absolutely no reason to start a new game - both fixes will come into effect in your save game.

Hey, I stubbled onto one very annoying thing after the update. Most of the time I do a manual search of new young regens when they come into the game by going through some of the top teams in Europe, but as of now when I go to teams transfer history and set it to "Youth" and when I come back to this screen (Transfer History) after taking alook at player it always goes to "All Transfers" instead of staying at "Youth".

Hope I am making myself clear here and is this normal? Since it didnt happen before the update.

Has there been any SI response to this query yet? I really can't see why this has been changed, and would appreciate it if anyone could let me know how to change it back. cheers

• Administrators
Has there been any SI response to this query yet? I really can't see why this has been changed, and would appreciate it if anyone could let me know how to change it back. cheers

Yep, we are aware of that and are looking into it.

Just loaded up Steam to find that it was donwloading yet another FM12 update; can anyone shed some light on what this one is for? I'm sorry If I am being a bit naive and lazy by not reading any above posts which to explain what this update fixes but, I'm too lazy :D

I know about the update some days back, which has made the game far mroe challenging and enjoyable, but, for this one to be implemented, will I have to start a new save or is it save-game compatible?

Just loaded up Steam to find that it was donwloading yet another FM12 update; can anyone shed some light on what this one is for? I'm sorry If I am being a bit naive and lazy by not reading any above posts which to explain what this update fixes but, I'm too lazy :D

I know about the update some days back, which has made the game far mroe challenging and enjoyable, but, for this one to be implemented, will I have to start a new save or is it save-game compatible?

Football Manager 2012 v12.1.1 Changelist

- Fixed biography-related crash when viewing the profile of some newgen players

- Fixed rare issue allowing Belgian clubs to enter two divisions

• Administrators
And yet I still can't manage my U19's.

I told you guys about the bug ages ago and you said you were aware of it, I'm not the only one having it, and it still isn't fixed.

This update was only for potential issues which would crash the game, all other issues if we've said we're looking into them we're doing exactly that.

This update was only for potential issues which would crash the game, all other issues if we've said we're looking into them we're doing exactly that.

okay :) sorry if I seemed a bit assertive, just a little frustrated because as an athletic bilbao manager I depend on my youth and I really need to select the ones I want in team selection.

• Administrators
when can we expect a new update that fixes the problem of being unable to offer contracts to staff of who the transfer has been cancelled by the board ??

With that issue, if you leave it a week you'll be able to re-approach the coach and offer them terms again. It's not ideal but it's a workaround until we can fix the issue.

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could help...

I've just come back to a previous game of mine, and upon loading the game (for the first time in a while) Steam did the 12.1.1 update. Now I cannot see the faces of my regenerated players.

I've had a little go at re-loading the skin and in doing so have noticed that in the drop-down menu I can no longer select 'real and generated pictures', only 'none' and ' real pictures only'.

Just a little confused guys, can anyone help? A many great thanks in advance.

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could help...

I've just come back to a previous game of mine, and upon loading the game (for the first time in a while) Steam did the 12.1.1 update. Now I cannot see the faces of my regenerated players.

I've had a little go at re-loading the skin and in doing so have noticed that in the drop-down menu I can no longer select 'real and generated pictures', only 'none' and ' real pictures only'.

Just a little confused guys, can anyone help? A many great thanks in advance.

On FM11 this was normally fixed by just restarting the game, sounds obvious but it's worth a shot.

- Can now edit the nation youth rating field.

So what is this actually supposed to represent and how big of an effect does it have on a country's regen quality?

Also, does it affect all regens of that nationality or just regens that appear in the nation itself?

I'm surprised to see that many superstar-producing countries (for example, the Netherlands) have been given such low ratings.

I'm still finding two things incredibly frustrating:

* It's almost impossible to loan out most players, with lower-division clubs seemingly too reluctant to take a gamble on young loanees - and on the rare occasion I do have an offer, my youngsters will pretty often reject them (for no apparent reason - it would be good if we had some feedback on why).

* Out-of-contract players consistently rejecting contract offers from apparently attractive clubs. Again, this happens for no apparent reason, and leads some high-quality international players to be out of football for many months or years at a time.

I'm still finding two things incredibly frustrating:

* It's almost impossible to loan out most players, with lower-division clubs seemingly too reluctant to take a gamble on young loanees - and on the rare occasion I do have an offer, my youngsters will pretty often reject them (for no apparent reason - it would be good if we had some feedback on why).

* Out-of-contract players consistently rejecting contract offers from apparently attractive clubs. Again, this happens for no apparent reason, and leads some high-quality international players to be out of football for many months or years at a time.

Also must add: Out-of-contract staff consistently rejecting contract offers from apparently attractive clubs AFTER the contract was signed. Big issue, as I see it.

I have found three issues in my game.

* There are way too many own goals. There has been one or more in four matches in a row now and I have noticed many before that as well. I haven't checked the statistics vs real life but surely there must be like 10-20% own goals in the Premier League season four.

EDIT: I counted them all up to 13th of March. 45 own goals in total, 11 of them in my matches. There are 784 goals so far, so the rate of own goals is 5,7%. Is that right?

* There's a change to the refereeing in the ME compared to what is shown on screen. Very often I see free kicks given where the guy having the ball is given a yellow card for holding back the guy behind him, and equally often the referee gives away a free kick for a foul that couldn't possibly have occured since the penalised player passed the ball away before the opponent came anywhere near him. Those occurences seem related, and even though I saw them once and again in 12.0.4 I see them much more often now... up to several times per match, I'd say.

* The commentary is too often completely at odds with what is happening on screen. This has always been the case with shots of all kinds being hailed with superlatives when the 3d animation shows the exact opposite. Now, they consistently call clearances that are panicly "bopped" away with various body parts - often to the nearest opponent - "clears the ball to safety" or "puts it into row z - he takes no chances there", while they call clearances that are hoofed into orbit and lands on the other half "scrambles it away". And there are a -lot- of clearances! It may seem like the patch's tweak of morale may have had the side-effect that the players are a lot less cool when put under pressure and I think this harms my enjoyment of the game. I don't watch Extended anymore because most of what I see is this:

Clearance-challenge-challenge-clearance-throw-challenge-challenge-clearance-corner-challenge-clearance-throw-challenge-clearance-cut.... ad infinitum... unless there's a goal then what I see is:

fantastic pass-fantastic pass-fantastic pass-fantastic through ball-fantastic dibble-fantastic shot-goal...

What I'm getting at is that it is too easy to see immediately what ends in a big chance so I tend to "skip" a lot using the fast forward slider. I think this has to do with me being used to the beautiful flow of superb-morale, motivated semi-god in-form football pre-patch, so the contrast to the rather mundane stuff I watch now is less entertaining even though the matches are more exciting.

Own goals in real life are at circa 4%, so 5.7% is not game breaking. There is a slight bug relating to defensive turns / positioning at the near post on crosses which will be causing this variation.

Would agree that some of the free kick awards look very dubious in graphical terms. Not sure if it is a bug, coded referee bias or just poor graphics though.

Don't agree that the football is any better or worse.

when can we expect a new update that fixes the problem of being unable to offer contracts to staff of who the transfer has been cancelled by the board ??

This is so frustrating. Had a couple of my 4.5/5 star coaches poached from underneath me (literally, I had no inbox warning) so then I go looking for other staff. Offer contracts, accepted, confirm, board cancels. I'm using roughly 16 out of 24 available so it's baffling me. I think "first team coaches" sign fine, but ones on just "coach" contract get cancelled for no reason.

This is so frustrating. Had a couple of my 4.5/5 star coaches poached from underneath me (literally, I had no inbox warning) so then I go looking for other staff. Offer contracts, accepted, confirm, board cancels. I'm using roughly 16 out of 24 available so it's baffling me. I think "first team coaches" sign fine, but ones on just "coach" contract get cancelled for no reason.

Whats the breakdown of your coaches available in the boardroom and the coaches you have? should it be something like

Coaches 5 got 5

Youth Coach 5 got 5

First team Coach 5 got 2

Goalkeeping coach 2 got 1

Fitness Coach 2 got 2

With that breakdown you would only be able to organise a First Team Coach, or a Goalkeeping coach, not a general coach.

i must admit i like the changes to the scouting: that scouts tend not to join based upon manager/club rep. makes things more of a challenge.

what i'm LESS keen on is the breakdown of allowed coaches. IRL surely i wouldn't have limits on 1st team coaches, coaches etc. Saints IRL have 7 physios! Palmeiras have 3 asst managers. i'd have thought that in the EPL board would be pretty lenient on how you want to set up your backroom.

so, something i like, something i'm less keen on. *BUT* why weren't these changes explained to us? there's v.little in the patch changelist and not a great deal on this thread regarding the thinking behind the changes.....

Whats the breakdown of your coaches available in the boardroom and the coaches you have? should it be something like

Coaches 5 got 5

Youth Coach 5 got 5

First team Coach 5 got 2

Goalkeeping coach 2 got 1

Fitness Coach 2 got 2

With that breakdown you would only be able to organise a First Team Coach, or a Goalkeeping coach, not a general coach.

Where is this breakdown in the boardroom? I never knew there was a breakdown tbh. But, I have 13 coaches, 2 FT coaches, 1 GK coach, 2 fitness coaches.

All I can see is max staff permitted - 25, current staff - 18.

Where is this breakdown in the boardroom? I never knew there was a breakdown tbh. But, I have 13 coaches, 2 FT coaches, 1 GK coach, 2 fitness coaches.

All I can see is max staff permitted - 25, current staff - 18.

iIf you go to boardroom in bottom left i think it is it shows you what and how many coaches you should have and what board recommend you have

Archived