Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you delete the settings files as shown in that previous link then the colour settings will revert to default which should resolve this issue. As said this issue is not occurring here.

I'd just like to report the same problem, with the default dark skin- there are no playoff or relegation spots highlighted. I'll try the solution as stated.

• Administrators

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've reported so many bugs. Am I wasting my time? There's way more than this from me alone? I realise that there's only a certain amount doable in a certain time. I appreciate all the hard work and Merry Christmas. I guess the patches thus far are a lot of hard work.

Thanks.

Bit of a contradictory post, saying it's a long list of fixes then wondering if you're wasting your time by reporting issues! :D We always very much appreciate anyone who posts issues on our bugs forums but as you've rightly said we only have so much time. Sometimes what could be perceived as a relatively simple change (say for example the referee shirts clashing) could well be an issue which takes as long as a week for a single coder to fix. It's really not that straight-forward. Ideally yes we'd fix every single bug anyone ever comes across, it's just not feasibly possible to do so. As said, we really do appreciate anyone who takes the time to raise any issue and please if you can, continue to do so. Thanks. :)

What about the Ref wearing the same colour jersey as the opposition team?

What about putting a "Pause" dialog to warn about proceeding to a Match without a Team Talk?

The others aren't my area so I can't comment on them.

The clashes should be resolved, we can't guarantee they will all be there as there's so many thousands of combinations but I've been through every one reported to us with save game uploads and they were all resolved.

The other issue isn't a bug and is more a feature suggestion.

Neil - I have a question which is only partly related to this, although I'm guessing you've tested more than most (or at least have overseen testing), and I know you're on this forum now, so I thought I'd ask - I was just wondering how far the game has been tested this year? It seems to me to be the most playable game for years when you get far into the game (20+ years - I'm currently in 2032) - do you know what the furthest the game has been tested is, and how well it works deeper into the game, both speed-wise and in terms of playability?

Would just like to point out if I may that Dejan Lovren still appears to be uncapped at international level for Croatia which is incorrect.

Also was wondering if Fabio Capello steps down in the game from the England role after Euro 2012 as he has said he would in real life?

Thanks

To elaborate slightly further, as I am towards the end of a season- it appears that teams who are guaranteed playoffs/relegation are coloured. 1st position is also always coloured.

It is only positions which have not been confirmed which are not coloured, when they should be.

In the Championship, nobody is yet confirmed for the playoffs or relegation. The top team, West Ham, are, however green. They are the only highlighted team in the division.

In League One, with five games to go, Sheffield Utd and Charlton are 1st and 2nd respectively, both guaranteed Playoff spots. They are both coloured, green and yellow, as they should be. The other playoff spots are not coloured, nor are the relegation spots, as nobody is confirmed relegated yet.

In League Two, both 1st (Sw*ndon) and 2nd (Bristol Rovers) are confirmed automatic promotion, and their colours are both green, as they should be. Again, there is no colouring for relegation, as nobody is yet confirmed down.

In the Blue Square Premier, where Southport are bottom and confirmed relegated, they are highlighted in red, as they should be.

• SI Staff
To elaborate slightly further, as I am towards the end of a season- it appears that teams who are guaranteed playoffs/relegation are coloured. 1st position is also always coloured.

It is only positions which have not been confirmed which are not coloured, when they should be.

For example, in League One, with five games to go, Sheffield Utd and Charlton are 1st and 2nd respectively, both guaranteed Playoff spots. They are both coloured, green and yellow, as they should be. The other playoff spots are not coloured, nor are the relegation spots, as nobody is confirmed relegated yet.

In League Two, where both 1st and 2nd are confirmed automatic promotion, the colours are both green, as they should be.

In the Blue Square Premier, where Southport are bottom and confirmed relegated, they are highlighted in red, as they should be.

EDIT: Ignore what I said, follow Neil's 3 posts down. :p If that doesn't work, then let us know.

Would just like to point out if I may that Dejan Lovren still appears to be uncapped at international level for Croatia which is incorrect.

Also was wondering if Fabio Capello steps down in the game from the England role after Euro 2012 as he has said he would in real life?

Thanks

First is a data issue so won't be corrected in this patch.

Second, errr that's not how the game works, he could change his mind and stay on or get sacked tomorrow (in real life) the same applies in the game.

• Administrators
Oh - and deleting the cache didnt fix my promotion/relegation colours issue either. I really do need this fixed!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648748336720995695/32C5F27D33276F060284296A47DFBE9983548D39/

That's really unusual - can you try verifying as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

If that doesn't work let me know. Thanks.

In League Two, both 1st (Sw*ndon)

Wonder who you might support? :p

On a serious note - if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know - I find this really irritating - it's amazing how much difference tiny features like this do make to the experience. Things like judging how many points I need to confirm promotion - seems so simple but seeing the colours means I can do it without thinking.

EDT: Neil - have done this. Is it normal that the game is updating before re-launching? I've already updated it with the patch....

• SI Staff

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. In order to rectify these issues a data update would be needed. As Neil mentioned in his post there was no data update included in 12.1.0.

Cheers,

Ben

• Administrators
Neil - I have a question which is only partly related to this, although I'm guessing you've tested more than most (or at least have overseen testing), and I know you're on this forum now, so I thought I'd ask - I was just wondering how far the game has been tested this year? It seems to me to be the most playable game for years when you get far into the game (20+ years - I'm currently in 2032) - do you know what the furthest the game has been tested is, and how well it works deeper into the game, both speed-wise and in terms of playability?

Well in theory as soon as 'real players' disappear from the game it'll be no different in terms of how the game is than in say 2021 than it would 2583. In terms of speed, yes the longer you go on the more memory will be stored so you could expect some slowdown, but as the number of players and non-players in the game should remain relatively consistent it wouldn't be much different. Nothing vastly different would occur, although of course things will change (I've seen current non-league teams in the Champions League for example) but the overall balance and gameplay won't be drastically different.

Well in theory as soon as 'real players' disappear from the game it'll be no different in terms of how the game is than in say 2021 than it would 2583. In terms of speed, yes the longer you go on the more memory will be stored so you could expect some slowdown, but as the number of players and non-players in the game should remain relatively consistent it wouldn't be much different. Nothing vastly different would occur, although of course things will change (I've seen current non-league teams in the Champions League for example) but the overall balance and gameplay won't be drastically different.

I realise that's the idea (I've been playing CM/FM since 1997!!), but some versions are more playable longer-term than others. This one seems (so far) to be better than most, although its hard to put my finger on why....so just wondered if testing had revealed what it was like even further in (say....2060?!)

PS Verifying game cache seems to have fixed the problem. Cheers!

Hello

The skins I had downloaded are now not available - I had been using flex12 skin which is still in the corect folder but does not appear in the dop down box under preferences. Any ideas?

• Administrators
Another minor problem, with the line in the history graph being blue for every team.

It seems most of the problems relate to graphics and the UI.

Sorry I don't actually see what the problem is with this being blue?

Edit: With what GreyedOutMan said above.

Just finished posting in the Bug Forum with info relating to the Promo/Relegation colours, hopefully it's something that just got borked by accident and can be quickly remedied.

And it's bad enough to see that team at the top of the division on my save, let alone having to type their name on this forum ;)

EDIT: Just caught up with the "verifying cache" route- I'll give that a go.

The only people for whom I would recommend starting a new game are those specifically looking for a tough challenge, ie taking on a big club as an ex Sunday League player.

Why is this as Im into a villa game with sunday league rep and if it make the challenge harder will look at doing this.

In what way does it get harder?

Any plans to increase AI transfer aggression in the post-January patch? There doesn't seem to be anything about it here. I fear the changes required are too wholesale to make it into a patch and we'll have to wait for FM13, but it would be good to have confirmation.

They're certainly aggressive enough for me! Half the Premier League is trying to poach my players at the moment. :(

Why is this as Im into a villa game with sunday league rep and if it make the challenge harder will look at doing this.

In what way does it get harder?

There was a change mentioned in the patch notes concerning the way top players respond to team talks from managers with very low reputation. So I imagine it's become much harder to motivate your players if you're playing as Villa with a Sunday League rep.

There was a change mentioned in the patch notes concerning the way top players respond to team talks from managers with very low reputation. So I imagine it's become much harder to motivate your players if you're playing as Villa with a Sunday League rep.

Yes correct, it dose't mean your going to lose every match now or anything like that but keeping players happy and moral up etc is now harder with sunday league or semi pro rep, at the higher levels obviously

Archived