Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished my first season with the new patch. Has anyone found the "minor" corner ME tweaks...not so minor? I've gone from an average amount of goals from corners (around 15-18 a season) to zero...yep, zero. However, it's not just me; its affected my entire league as the highest team with goals from corners has 3 in a 46 game season.

Has anyone else noticed such issues?

Cheers,

cerud

Started a new save whit Porto, with the same tactic the brought me success in earlier patches, but in this is "amazing", currently in october 23 and the tactic familiarites level are all at maximum except the formation bar that is on awkard ???? Loss after loss, i brought a decent assistant with 20 motivation 17 man management 16 determination..............

Past experience Automatic!! Reputation National

What the hell is going on?

I decided to start a new game, with a top team from the Netherlands (PSV Eindhoven) and started with as a manager with an international football career. My reputation is continental and I seem to struggle a lot too. After 17 matches we find ourselves in 8th place. I am seriously wondering what SI has done... 12.0.4 should be coming back ASAP, imo!

Edit: Oh, and I forgot.. There are a lot of own goals as well in this patch, it's ridiculous! And conceding goals in the first 5 minutes a lot too.

Ok I have a strange one, well I'm not sure if it's strange yet, that's why I'm asking here.

I signed Mats Rits on loan from Ajax for 3 months back in July ish, and he was just coming up to the end of his loan.

I'm very short on Midfielders, so I make an offer to extend the loan by 3 months. Ajax want a fee of £85k this time, but that's fine as I do need him here untill January at least.

The offer is accepted, Rits agrees to 'extend' his loan, I quote extend because just above the confirm transfer button, it says the transfer will go through on the 1/1/2012.

I assume the date the transfer goes through must be an error/incorrect, because extend a loan doesn't mean he will leave the club, return to his parent club, and then come back again in 2 months time. That's re-loaning somebody or whatever, not extending their current loan. :D

Anyway, I confirmed the deal, to find out that it will indeed go through in January.

He returned to Ajax, and on his profile screen it says 'joining Burnley on 1/1/2012'

LhCFp.jpg

ap5uL.jpg

fNQyF.jpg

I don't think the loan market is closed, I never noticed the inbox message you get to remind you about the loan/free market closing. I'm not sure wether it's something to do with the Dutch transfer rules?

I was only willing to pay the £85k because the transfer window is shut, and I need all the midfielders I can keep.

That £85k could have gone towards trying to sign permanetly in January or whatever, or I could have loaned somebody else for free.

I was willing to pay the £85k to extend his loan deal, and keep him here now for another 3 months. And with the way the inbox messages are worded, it does seem to make it out that this is what I am doing.

Is it a strange one? Or just something to do with the Dutch transfer rules?

Thanks.

I've never had so many different players sent off in the first half of the season.

So much this! 4 red cards in 4 games after the patch. And so many yellows. I think my team had 1-2 red cards per season on average for the previous 3 seasons before the patch.

Maybe SI can put up a warning next time before they release a patch so that I can run home and switch steam to offline mode before it arrives.

EDIT: Anyone know how to revert to the other update on steam?

Sadly, you can't. It's either reinstall with updates off and stick with release version, or latest patch.

It's the only thing I don't like about the game being Steam only. Normally when there's a patch-specific gamebreaking issue, you could just revert back to the previous patch, as with any other program or even a hardware driver, for goodness' sake. But not if you're on Steam. :(

Started a new save whit Porto, with the same tactic the brought me success in earlier patches, but in this is "amazing", currently in october 23 and the tactic familiarites level are all at maximum except the formation bar that is on awkward
I noticed the formation bar being low compared to other areas of match prep, still early in my season so hadn't given it too much thought, might be worth me keeping an eye on it.

Here's my feedback - this new patch is the final straw for me and last FM i'll be bothering with.

As you'll see from my post count and date joined, I've been on here a while but am not a frequent poster. I did however come on when this version was first released to say how brilliant I thought it was because I feel there's so much negativity on here at times, sometime unwarranted, sometimes not, that it's important to give praise where praise is due.

However, this new patch has totally now destroyed the game for me. Had told mates who hadn't yet bought it that it was probably the best version since it became FM and to go out and get it. Hopefully I won't be too late in telling them not to bother wasting their money. Loved the series ever since coming across CM 93 as a 12 year old and even since it became FM, I've been loyal and continued to buy it every year despite an up-down time while mate after mate have given up year after year. Liked 2005, hated 2006 and barely played it, liked 2007 a lot, hated 2008 and again barely played it, wasn't keen on 2009 but liked 2010 and then didn't like 2011 either.

So was really happy with this version - Cue another effing needless game-destroying patch and all of a sudden game goes to pot and I can't even switch back! I'm not going to bother running through all the reasons because they are all already mentioned in this thread and just add up to a game that just isn't enjoyable. At all.

I just can't stress how stupid, annoying and disappointing I think it is that you can't revert back to a former patch now or just uninstall/reinstall and are stuck with this rubbish.

Was really looking forward to getting stuck in over the xmas period but that's gone now and I've had enough frankly of one year enjoying the game, the next year not and now to one month enjoying the game, the next month not. Once again, I now have a game that I don't enjoy and as a consequence wont be playing again.

Cheers SI -After 18 years of loyalty, it's finally over. At least the wife will be happy anyway.....

Sadly, you can't. It's either reinstall with updates off and stick with release version, or latest patch.

It's the only thing I don't like about the game being Steam only. Normally when there's a patch-specific gamebreaking issue, you could just revert back to the previous patch, as with any other program or even a hardware driver, for goodness' sake. But not if you're on Steam. :(

So it is possible to at least go back to the release version? Were there any real game-breaking bugs with release version?

Here's my feedback - this new patch is the final straw for me and last FM i'll be bothering with.

As you'll see from my post count and date joined, I've been on here a while but am not a frequent poster. I did however come on when this version was first released to say how brilliant I thought it was because I feel there's so much negativity on here at times, sometime unwarranted, sometimes not, that it's important to give praise where praise is due.

However, this new patch has totally now destroyed the game for me. Had told mates who hadn't yet bought it that it was probably the best version since it became FM and to go out and get it. Hopefully I won't be too late in telling them not to bother wasting their money. Loved the series ever since coming across CM 93 as a 12 year old and even since it became FM, I've been loyal and continued to buy it every year despite an up-down time while mate after mate have given up year after year. Liked 2005, hated 2006 and barely played it, liked 2007 a lot, hated 2008 and again barely played it, wasn't keen on 2009 but liked 2010 and then didn't like 2011 either.

So was really happy with this version - Cue another effing needless game-destroying patch and all of a sudden game goes to pot and I can't even switch back! I'm not going to bother running through all the reasons because they are all already mentioned in this thread and just add up to a game that just isn't enjoyable. At all.

I just can't stress how stupid, annoying and disappointing I think it is that you can't revert back to a former patch now or just uninstall/reinstall and are stuck with this rubbish.

Was really looking forward to getting stuck in over the xmas period but that's gone now and I've had enough frankly of one year enjoying the game, the next year not and now to one month enjoying the game, the next month not. Once again, I now have a game that I don't enjoy and as a consequence wont be playing again.

Cheers SI -After 18 years of loyalty, it's finally over. At least the wife will be happy anyway.....

Couldn't have said it better myself. Very pissed off right now and its not very often I reinstall a game without any patches because its better than the latest patched version but that is what I may have to do if its even possible. How do you turn off the auto updates in steam?

I've got a team who I've led to two promotions in four seasons, never finished outside the top five, the entire squad has me as favoured personnel and my reputation exceeds that of the club. I now can't even express mild disappointment at a poor performance without morale plummeting across the board, regardless of form and morale beforehand.

Can you actually do that? I thought that when you activate FM12 it will update to the latest patch regardless.

Marcussy - I do sympathise with you. So much anger would be averted if we were simply informed that a patch is ready and had the option to upgrade or not. In fact that option is there - I use it; I keep Steam offline and I wait a few days to gauge the feedback before updating. In this case I'm waiting for Scout Genie, FMRTE and skin issues to be resolved. However, I'm not blowing my trumpet, saying 'Look at me, so clever to set it on off-line mode' - people who forked out for the product in good faith shouldn't be expected to jump through all sorts of hoops to play the game.

This dismissive "If you don't like it, don't play it" attitude is unacceptable. Yes, we were told on the box that we'd need to install Steam to activate the game - that is all. We were never told of the extent to which steam would try to take control. Some fanboys are saying "Don't blame SI, write to Valve" - to be fair no one from SI or SEGA are saying that - hopefully they will take steps to take firmer ownership of their own product and reduce these frustrations next year.

For myself - I'm lucky so far. Every few times I fire up my save I get a message saying Steam is down or reinstall the game or some nonsense. Until now I've managed to close everything down, faff about in task manager, waste 30-40 minutes and finally get my save going. But the day that I don't and Steam seriously screw me around will be the day that I uninstall and boycott FM until they tell Steam to do one and let us play the game we pay for in peace.

Very dramatic. Someone just got a goal disallowed in the last minute and is raging on the forums. Haha

Fm should be hard. It should be simple to play (please let us automate rubbish like training) and yet it should be hard to win or it gets boring. I have turned off auto update on steam for this game because I suspect SI will cave in and give back the moaners the easy mode they want. I am glad the team morale bug has gone. It was a joke you just had to say well played every game and then you basically won the league.

Fm should be hard. It should be simple to play (please let us automate rubbish like tactics) and yet it should be hard to win or it gets boring. I have turned off auto update on steam for this game because I suspect SI will cave in and give back the moaners the easy mode they want. I am glad the team morale bug has gone. It was a joke you just had to say well played every game and then you basically won the league.

agree with this and i also fear that SI may backtrack on this morale issue...i hope not cos for me its way better now..but will disable any steam auto-update anyway just to be safe :)

• SI Staff

There is no way we will backtrack and allow super high morale to be sustainable via obvious team talks and routine wins. Or for that matter, have the situation where super low morale is impossible to shake off as others have occasionally reported. The new balance is better for the game and I believe we will be vindicated on this.

At the same time, if there are examples of team talks where the response really was illogical and unexplainable by reputation differences etc please email me the pkm of the match and we will look at it and if needed tweak things for the next update.

Cheers,

Paul

agree with this and i also fear that SI may backtrack on this morale issue...i hope not cos for me its way better now..but will disable any steam auto-update anyway just to be safe :)

Dont worry they are not going to undo all the work they put in just because of a few posters going completely over board. :)

There is no way we will backtrack and allow super high morale to be sustainable via obvious team talks and routine wins. Or for that matter, have the situation where super low morale is impossible to shake off as others have occasionally reported. The new balance is better for the game and I believe we will be vindicated on this.

At the same time, if there are examples of team talks where the response really was illogical and unexplainable by reputation differences etc please email me the pkm of the match and we will look at it and if needed tweak things for the next update.

Cheers,

Paul

Winning matches and top of the league with Inter (who finished 12th last season, and were bottom when i took over) and the highest "Morale" i have got is fairly good.

Go going, pat yourself on the back :D

thats great news...i really cant stress how much better the game is for this morale change.in my opinion,i think the people that are complaining about it are the ones that wanted it easier to win matches.

now the morale management makes more sense and is more realistic.

im very happy now and for me FM12 is truly the best FM so far which surpasses my very enjoyable times with Cm01/02 and FM 2007 :)

Cheers,

Paul

Good post. I think what has happened is you removed what was basically an exploit (giving positive teamtalks meaning morale was ALWAYS SUPERB) and people are crying about it because they became dependent on it. It will obviously blow over. You get this all the time in FPS games. Whenevr there is a massively overpowered gun it gets nerfed and those who rely on it just cry.

thats great news...i really cant stress how much better the game is for this morale change.in my opinion,i think the people that are complaining about it are the ones that wanted it easier to win matches.

now the morale management makes more sense and is more realistic.

im very happy now and for me FM12 is truly the best FM so far which surpasses my very enjoyable times with Cm01/02 and FM 2007 :)

Def now the best FM in recent years. And I am a casual player, although a long term player. I stopped on the last patch because it lacked replayability. Now it has that.

Good post. I think what has happened is you removed what was basically an exploit (giving positive teamtalks meaning morale was ALWAYS SUPERB) and people are crying about it because they became dependent on it. It will obviously blow over. You get this all the time in FPS games. Whenevr there is a massively overpowered gun it gets nerfed and those who rely on it just cry.

Posts like this are just as annoying as the baseless whinging.

I am 100% in agreement that it was far too easy to keep morale high. However my issue, and it seems a lot of other people's (or criers, as you so succinctly put it) too, is that it's now too far the other way, so you have a situation where players aren't even responding to team talks at all, and even great form doesn't consistently get morale any higher than 'good'.

You dont need moral better than good to win games tho, since the patch i have lost 3 games in 6 months, moral has never been higher than good/very good at a push, it has not effected my teams performances, you just have to think a bit more, the game is no longer a click and continue game, as it should be.

You dont need moral better than good to win games tho, since the patch i have lost 3 games in 6 months, moral has never been higher than good/very good at a push, it has not effected my teams performances, you just have to think a bit more, the game is no longer a click and continue game, as it should be.

Based on what you've posted, can you think of any reason to have 'superb' morale in the game then?

I'm consistently winning since the patch too, which is why it bemuses me that I can't get morale any higher than 'good' on a regular basis, and watch it drop to 'okay' as soon as I so much as draw a game or choose the wrong team talk (such as "you were great!" after a player scores a hat-trick).

Superb should be reserved for overachieving teams, teams who have just won something they never could have seen themselves winning imo. If that isn't reserved for situations like that, then where is your ultra super morale for situations like that. I do believe super should be for the rare occasions.

Superb should be reserved for overachieving teams, teams who have just won something they never could have seen themselves winning imo. If that isn't reserved for situations like that, then where is your ultra super morale for situations like that. I do believe super should be for the rare occasions.

have to agree with this...similar to a player getting a 10 rating..how often do you see it?

Based on what you've posted, can you think of any reason to have 'superb' morale in the game then?

I'm consistently winning since the patch too, which is why it bemuses me that I can't get morale any higher than 'good' on a regular basis, and watch it drop to 'okay' as soon as I so much as draw a game or choose the wrong team talk (such as "you were great!" after a player scores a hat-trick).

Over achieving, ie promotion with a team not expected, European success with a team not expected, beating an EPL team with a lower league team, things like that, winning 3-0 against bottom of the league should not put your team up to superb moral, neither should going on winning streask of 3/4 games like what was happening.

Based on this, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and (maybe, depending on your RL View) Arsenal will NEVER achieve "Super" morale unless they win the Champs League?? Winning he EPL is something these expect and wont be overachieving if they win it?

but if your still winning and getting results..whats the problem..why do you need superb morale?

Because it doesn't make any sense to me that I can't keep my players morale above 'good' even when piling up the wins. Just because I'm winning doesn't mean I should be ignoring something that I feel has clearly been tweaked too far.

Of course they would, do you not think Everton would be happier than United if they won the league, they would be completely over the moon, whereas United players will be happy they have achieved what was expected of them.

No matter if you're the favourite or an underdog, winning a title with your mates is one of the greatest feelings you can have. I can only assume you've never played a team sport in a strong side before.

If your winning then whats the problem?

So because I'm winning I shouldn't have an issue with what I feel is a flaw in the game?

Because it doesn't make any sense to me that I can't keep my players morale above 'good' even when piling up the wins. Just because I'm winning doesn't mean I should be ignoring something that I feel has clearly been tweaked too far.

Exactly, and its also gone as far as me being Inter Milan, purchasing a player in January, he was delighted with the move (from Ascoli Series B, 4.5 star potential) he joined with abysmal morale. How?? Joining a High Flying team, was actually incorporated into the first team (as injuries played a part) and preformed well above expectations and his morale moved between poor and only became fairly good when my team scrapped a 3-0 lead at HT to draw 4-4.

**Shrugs**

No matter if you're the favourite or an underdog, winning a title with your mates is one of the greatest feelings you can have. I can only assume you've never played a team sport in a strong side before.

So because I'm winning I shouldn't have an issue with what I feel is a flaw in the game?

You assume completely wrong, i have been on both sides and i can easily say winning when an underdog feels much better than achieving what is expected from you.

Why is it a flaw if your winning? Do you expect all your players to be 100% happy all the time just because you win games?

Exactly, and its also gone as far as me being Inter Milan, purchasing a player in January, he was delighted with the move (from Ascoli Series B, 4.5 star potential) he joined with abysmal morale. How?? Joining a High Flying team, was actually incorporated into the first team (as injuries played a part) and preformed well above expectations and his morale moved between poor and only became fairly good when my team scrapped a 3-0 lead at HT to draw 4-4.

**Shrugs**

My captain has just scored seven goals in three games (from midfield), leading the team to three wins and a six point lead in the title race with seven to play. His morale has rotating between 'okay' and 'good' in this period. We're also underdogs for the title.

But it's obviously not an issue as I am winning.

Okey, first impressions - team talks are vastly improved so much more realistic now. I don't enjoy corners too much - just got beaten by Macabi (playing with Valencia) 3:1 with 3 goals from corners...overall results are realistic, especially knowing I have started as a Sunday League guy at a top club. If only corners weren't so bad - or it may be my players, only 3 of them are any good at marking...Corners goals ratio is now about 40-60 even though I tend to be the more attacking side in most of the games, so it makes me think you went a bit too far in aiding the AI - a step in the right direction but in my opinion but a tad too far - I think the truth is somewhere in the middle between 12.0 and 12.1 for realistic outcomes.

Actually, league-wise there isn't that issue with corners - no one scores there, I guess Macabi are too good in the air as they have scored 4 of the 5 against me from corners in 14 games, lol.

my god!!..why the hang up with morale...its been fixed cos it was TOO EASY to maintain and your still winning matches anyway...if its a flaw in your eyes,so be it,but its not affecting the way you play obviously...move on :)

With latest patch the internal game difficulty has been increased. With internal I mean the ability to manage your players and staff.

Is this realistic??

Is it realistic that when winning matches your players are reacting negatively on almost every interaction ??

Is this an improvement?

what a joke

With latest patch the internal game difficulty has been increased. With internal I mean the ability to manage your players and staff.

Is this realistic??

Is it realistic that when winning matches your players are reacting negatively on almost every interaction ??

Is this an improvement?

what a joke

As has been posted many times, it was broken before when a 3-4 match run could keep your players locked into SUPERB morale for the rest of the season... Now, its a lot harder to get above good/very good morale (as it should be).

How often would you ever describe your morale in your work place at the extremes or Superb, or Very Poor? Yeah, i thought it would be pretty rarely too ;) as such the players morale now hits these extremes very very rarely, and will spend most of its time between poor - good without hitting the extremes.

Is there even a way to make team talks work? When i lose it's demotivated/takes no notice/loses focus, when i draw it's the same and when I win even against the bigger clubs it's still the same outcome... How can i raise morale and get team talks to work?

So much this! 4 red cards in 4 games after the patch. And so many yellows. I think my team had 1-2 red cards per season on average for the previous 3 seasons before the patch.

Maybe SI can put up a warning next time before they release a patch so that I can run home and switch steam to offline mode before it arrives.

same problem with my game after the patch my striker been sent off 4 times in less then a year, ( no red card before the patch 3 seasons).. at least 5 to 6 yellow cards a game too

As has been posted many times, it was broken before when a 3-4 match run could keep your players locked into SUPERB morale for the rest of the season... Now, its a lot harder to get above good/very good morale (as it should be).

How often would you ever describe your morale in your work place at the extremes or Superb, or Very Poor? Yeah, i thought it would be pretty rarely too ;) as such the players morale now hits these extremes very very rarely, and will spend most of its time between poor - good without hitting the extremes.

Yeah, just like signing a hot prospect from a series B team who's playing with the U20's and then moves to a Huge Italian Club (Inter Milan) and is in an absolutely abysmal mode for this huge move, onto which is then drafted into the first team and performs exceptionally well (for a 16 year old) and is praised for it, for him to absolutely bemoan this and goes back into an abysmal mood. His Morale never peaked past "Fairly Good" but being "Poor" on average.

Super cool feature, super cool..

Archived