Neil Brock

Football Manager 12.1.1 update *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

1,369 posts in this topic

[quote name='pigfacemonkeyman']I think he did, here [url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7407125#post7407125[/url][/QUOTE]

My post before that one of the main reasons why i would not play this game any more and much of other bugs! I am not one of the players that are playing game from the start several times again and again..i love to building my club on my one and go into the future.
Because i do not have any patient to play it any more...that nine(9) matchs are very importante to have some good result and for building players skills!! ect.....!!!!!!

[quote name='cartman051']My post before that one of the main reasons why i would not play this game any more and much of other bugs! I am not one of the players that are playing game from the start several times again and again..i love to building my club on my one and go into the future.
Because i do not have any patient to play it any more...that nine(9) matchs are very importante to have some good result and for building players skills!! ect.....!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Please bring up your issue in the bugs forum so that it can get seen by the right people.

[URL]http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240-Football-Manager-2012-Bugs-Forum[/URL]

[quote name='cartman051']My post before that one of the main reasons why i would not play this game any more and much of other bugs! I am not one of the players that are playing game from the start several times again and again..i love to building my club on my one and go into the future.
Because i do not have any patient to play it any more...that nine(9) matchs are very importante to have some good result and for building players skills!! ect.....!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry it is not for you...it is for ACKTER but i had a mistake

[quote name='Ackter']Again, you're being obtuse and clearly just arguing for the sake of it - you've admitted you have no knowledge of what's involved so why are you still arguing?

I'm not actually going to waste any more time trying to explain this any further, it's pretty straight forward and I've already explained the differences to you.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obFHu7DCsEs[/url]

[quote name='Ackter']Again, you're being obtuse and clearly just arguing for the sake of it - you've admitted you have no knowledge of what's involved so why are you still arguing?

I'm not actually going to waste any more time trying to explain this any further, it's pretty straight forward and I've already explained the differences to you.[/QUOTE]

The post you quoted in [url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7410126&viewfull=1#post7410126]#534[/url] was me quoting Neil Brock on the licensing issue, not whether SI would support it or not. In that post, I couldn't care less if SI supported or not. It is a post about licensing, pure and simple.

There isn't much difference between modifying the editor and modifying the game. Unless the editor and game have different EULAs, I'd imagine everything is covered under one EULA that pops up when you install the game.

Most, if not all, EULAs, carry a clause stating that the likes of modification and reverse-engineering of the software is invalid.

At its most basic level, skin editing involves editing an XML file. Editor modifications involve editing an XML file. Certainly, the editor produces a file that could break the game, but I don't see that as terribly relevant from a licensing point of view.

Neil stated that hacking the game breaks the licensing terms. However, if editing the editor to enable the advanced rules involves "hacking", then pretty much any editing of an XML file breaks the licensing terms. This means that custom skins break licensing terms, and that anyone editing an XML file to create a custom database is breaking the licensing terms.

The notion of an .fmf file is irrelevant, to me. An .fmf file is essentially a collection of configuration files bundled together like a zip folder. [url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280558-FM2012-FMUpdates-FM12-Editor-Advanced-Rules-Activation-and-Discussion]This post[/url] suggests comps.fmf can be edited to modify the editor and that this tool is bundled within FM12. That post also mentions ways of editing the editor, in the same way that columns can be edited with an XML file.

I don't see where I'm missing the point. In order to enable the advanced rules and debugging things in the editor, you edit XML files. In order to create a skin, you need to edit XML files. [url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280558-FM2012-FMUpdates-FM12-Editor-Advanced-Rules-Activation-and-Discussion]This post[/url] does not imply anything about needing a third-party tool to extract .fmf files.

I am perhaps guilty of linking to a thread that is too old, but column editing has always been about tinkering with XML files in my memory, so while the instructions may not be correct to the letter, the spirit of XML files being edited applies.

[quote name='Ackter']Please bring up your issue in the bugs forum so that it can get seen by the right people.

[URL]http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240-Football-Manager-2012-Bugs-Forum[/URL][/QUOTE]

The biggest problem is that 27 matches and that number of games are preventing my advancement of my club and I WANT PLAY WITH 36 matches in my saved game in 2023.year. I do not want start again play!!! I played 497 hours in 25 days and you want to tell me that i have to play from the start!!?? Hahahaa ...it is easier to don t playing this game and buy it again!!

IMO, SI has failed this time.

The reputation of the human manager is only excuse that the AI practicing different results depends to human manager reputation.
If a manager using a same tactic and same approach to his team, different reputation should only affect HIS OWN team responding to the instruction, DEFINITELY not the behavior or the difficulty of AI.

Please consider this before you start ruining the series.

The changes in reputation affect how your team reacts to you.

That is why the AI becomes more difficult to combat - the AI teams actually trust the majority of their managers.

[quote name='Ackter']Please stop trolling the thread. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trolling.

I just [url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7409758&viewfull=1#post7409758]replied[/url] to one of Neil Brock's posts where he suggested it was against [b]licensing terms[/b]. (*)

Then you came in with [url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7410126&viewfull=1#post7410126]this post[/url] that missed the point entirely. You talked about how something was supported, and something else wasn't. Nothing to do with [b]licensing[/b].

If me essentially saying "[url=http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291672-Football-Manager-12.1.0-update-*OFFICIAL*-Feedback-Thread?p=7410147&viewfull=1#post7410147]you're missing the point[/url]" is trolling... Because, essentially, you did miss the point of my post (marked * above), which was about [b]licensing[/b].

You don't have to respond to me if you don't want to. Just note that I quoted Neil Brock to begin with, not you.

I have to agree with Acktar, you are trolling & like many trolls you're using a single phrase to twist a discussion & manoeuvre it in a direction that creates an argument you think is winnable.

Just like the Steam thread the decision has been made & no matter how much you type on the issue it looks unlikely that the decision will be reversed.

[quote name='Barside']I have to agree with Acktar, you are trolling & like many trolls you're using a single phrase to twist a discussion & manoeuvre it in a direction that creates an argument you think is winnable.

Just like the Steam thread the decision has been made & no matter how much you type on the issue it looks unlikely that the decision will be reversed.[/QUOTE]

I think the same

Why is my player unhappy about the team is underachieving? We just won the Charity Shield and haven't played the first league game! Bug :(

[quote name='Barside']Not too sure about that, Sunday league gives a rep of Regional (already checked myself) which will only be a problem at the very biggest clubs, I don't think it will cause too many problems when managing a mid-table Prem club[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ackter']The rep you are given when starting a new game should be "0" as a Sunday Leaguer, if it's not then yes, it's a bug.

How do the players at these teams [I]actually[/I] react to you?[/QUOTE]

Its the world rep they react to ( in relation to their own ). The regional rep you are seeing will be the current one but that isnt used for team talks/motivation.

[quote name='cartman051']The biggest problem is that 27 matches and that number of games are preventing my advancement of my club and I WANT PLAY WITH 36 matches in my saved game in 2023.year. I do not want start again play!!! I played 497 hours in 25 days and you want to tell me that i have to play from the start!!?? Hahahaa ...it is easier to don t playing this game and buy it again!![/QUOTE]

The croatian league has 27 rounds? How is that possible?

[quote name='PaulC']Its the world rep they react to ( in relation to their own ). The regional rep you are seeing will be the current one but that isnt used for team talks/motivation.[/QUOTE]
That has me more confused than before. :D

Are you saying that there is a hidden reputation layer that is based on actual managerial experience (matches, win % etc)?

Why oh why oh why?!! Why is it when a new patch comes, it fixes some things then starts problems else where. Having random things happening and the old crash dumps. I was having no problems now can't play my game.

[quote name='Larsson1888']Why oh why oh why?!! Why is it when a new patch comes, it fixes some things then starts problems else where. Having random things happening and the old crash dumps. I was having no problems now can't play my game.[/QUOTE]

May I suggest you be more specific in what your problems are, and post what you believe to be new bugs in the bugs forum? That's the best way you can help SI fix it, if it is fixable.

[url]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291910-Voicing-my-displeasure-Complaint[/url]

Why has the update meant that the original attribute colours are showing?

Do we not receive a message in our inbox when a player gets injured? I have just found out via the squad screen. Yet there is no news of it in my inbox. The injured is a pulled hamstring, from the last game....yet no news of the injury. Surely this cannot be correct?

I always receive injury news in my inbox so maybe you have filters set up or something like that?

[quote name='Andy H']I always receive injury news in my inbox so maybe you have filters set up or something like that?[/QUOTE]

You can break down the filters and look at individual specifications, like agents, or injuries, but I don't think there is any way of stopping/hiding them?

SI have disillusioned some of the most creative minds that love the FM series. The same reaction would be given by those who create skins if SI disabled the ability to do so. You left us alone for two years and now you have taken away the very reason some of us have bought FM. The sad thing is there aren't too many of us, so even if we stopped buying the game it wouldn't make much difference to you.
Your efforts to disable the Advanced Rules has been poor, if you don't want us to use it, don't include it. Be aware though that the custom content created for the game will not reach the high standard that we aim for and that is visible in the levels 7&8 England release.

[quote name='nev147'][URL]http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291910-Voicing-my-displeasure-Complaint[/URL]

Why has the update meant that the original attribute colours are showing?[/QUOTE]
Updates reset the colours unfortunately (it does the same for things like position colours and the colours of players who are in on loan or trial). Unless SI find a way to fix this then it's likely to happen with future updates as well, so it might be worth waiting until the final patch before re-working your colours.

[quote name='magicmastermind124']SI have disillusioned some of the most creative minds that love the FM series. The same reaction would be given by those who create skins if SI disabled the ability to do so. You left us alone for two years and now you have taken away the very reason some of us have bought FM. The sad thing is there aren't too many of us, so even if we stopped buying the game it wouldn't make much difference to you.
Your efforts to disable the Advanced Rules has been poor, if you don't want us to use it, don't include it. Be aware though that the custom content created for the game will not reach the high standard that we aim for and that is visible in the levels 7&8 England release.[/QUOTE]

As you say; those of you that buys FM to tinker with it, is vastly in minority to those that buys FM to actually play a football management game. The advanced editor was not included meant for you to access in the first place, and that SI now have seemingly put an end to your access at all - I really can't see what's wrong with that. They do not want the public to have access to it, pure and simple. They have rectified what they see as a problem. There's no way you can say that they have taken away something that you payed for. Now please - stop this whining. And play a little FM, perhaps?

personally feel the change on the rep and its affects is too durastic, sure, change it a bit so results fluctuate. but making it so your team will not perform even though a team talks makes everyone have "looks motivated" is absurd. morale drops so bad, if you go in 0-0 at half time!

my manager has won 10 trohpies in 5 years, 75% win so technically i should have the 'Trust' of my players. so im just baffled by it

[B][/B][quote name='OlieIsArsenal']personally feel the change on the rep and its affects is too durastic, sure, change it a bit so results fluctuate. but making it so your team will not perform even though a team talks makes everyone have "looks motivated" is absurd. morale drops so bad, if you go in 0-0 at half time!

my manager has won 10 trohpies in 5 years, 75% win so technically i should have the 'Trust' of my players. so im just baffled by it[/QUOTE]

Maybe the patch has put you back to square one?

[quote name='OlieIsArsenal']personally feel the change on the rep and its affects is too durastic, sure, change it a bit so results fluctuate. but making it so your team will not perform even though a team talks makes everyone have "looks motivated" is absurd. morale drops so bad, if you go in 0-0 at half time!

my manager has won 10 trohpies in 5 years, 75% win so technically i should have the 'Trust' of my players. so im just baffled by it[/QUOTE]

If you're playing in a match you're expected to win (and I assume having won 10 trophies in 5 years you're pretty much expected to win every game) then going in at half-time at 0-0 is a 'bad' scoreline and you need to motivate the players to improve - and not drop further.

[quote name='thomit']As you say; those of you that buys FM to tinker with it, is vastly in minority to those that buys FM to actually play a football management game. The advanced editor was not included meant for you to access in the first place, and that SI now have seemingly put an end to your access at all - I really can't see what's wrong with that. They do not want the public to have access to it, pure and simple. They have rectified what they see as a problem. There's no way you can say that they have taken away something that you payed for. Now please - stop this whining. And play a little FM, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Apparently some people are have already re-activated it!!

All patches, including the CD version, come through Steam, which you are using to run the game anyway. You will need to go online with it to do so.

[quote name='Lawlore']All patches, including the CD version, come through Steam, which you are using to run the game anyway. You will need to go online with it to do so.[/QUOTE]

so if i dont have access to the internet there no point of getting the game ?

[quote name='hilmicik']so if i dont have access to the internet there no point of getting the game ?[/QUOTE]

Well ... you only need internet access to activate the game first time, and then later you need internet access if you wish to download updates. Other than that, the game is perfectly playable in offline mode. So if you don't have internet access at any time, never - then no, you can't play the game.

Edit: I may add - the more you leave Steam offline anyway, the less problems you will have. Me, I never let Steam get online unless I know that there's an update available that I want.

I just seen something today...

Michael Essien has just been picked for Ghana to play in the African Nations even though he's out injured for 10 weeks with cruciate ligament damage

Has this always happened,or is it since the patch?

[quote name='thomit']There's no way you can say that they have taken away something that you payed for. Now please - stop this whining. And play a little FM, perhaps?[/QUOTE]

I do play the game, and I use parts of the editor that is officially supported.

[quote name='hilmicik']so if i dont have access to the internet there no point of getting the game ?[/QUOTE]

That's right, unfortunately.

According to previous posts you've made you're already playing FM12, so what should we assume from that?

Don't take advanced panel out!

Normal editor is ridiculous (dozens of rules can not be implemented) and if you won't improve it, leave advanced panel as "option", or remove competition editor totally.

P.S. You could have removed it from FM2011 as one in FM2010 was used, you didn't. You could have removed it from FM2012 as one in FM2011 was used, you didn't. Taking it away in FM2012 patch is just sad.

[quote name='oggie26']Thank you very much SI/SEGA !!

Quick question if somebody can answer, will there be HD skin version released in future updates of FM12 or is this something you are looking to do for next years version ?[/QUOTE]
Bump.........

After applying the update, finally got it working, there is one player in my team that whenever I click on him it causes the game to crash. Is there anyway I can sort this without having to start a new game? The player in question is a re-gen if that makes any difference. Thank - you

[IMG]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/281/nangis.png[/IMG]

Why have these arrows changed, and what do they mean? I've got them on most of my players now having just updated, and most of those downward/upward arrows don't correspond to a dropped/risen attribute at all.

I am very confused about the drop /risen attributes as well. Last week most of them are up, next week most of them are down. I did not do any change in training and his morale neither changed.

Same here graves. [url]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af310/nev17_bucket/Messi.png[/url] :thdn:

Edit: Also Mats Hummels learnt to mark tightly via the player interaction in a matter of days........ :thdn:

i have never once seen those arrows.
maybe it is there to replicate form? players can have off days, and good days.

playing as east stirlingshire, i was wearing my home kit (balck and white stripes) against a team wearing black and yellow, in the exact same design, that might need looking at.

I have some very annoying issues with this update.

1. In the tactics menu it has become very difficult to drag and drop players. I can not click and hold on the name of a player to drag him. Also it is almost impossible to drag a player into a new position on the pitch. Sometimes I click and hold a player to drag and when I drop him on the pitch a completely different player is put in the position.

2. While playing games in TV mode the team ratings list is jumbled and not in the order of the tactic.

These things are really annoying.

[quote name='scott MUFC']i have never once seen those arrows.[/QUOTE]

Click on Show Recent Attribute Changes on the profile screen of several players and eventually you'll happen across some.

They're really confusing since the 12.1.0 patch, though, as the screenshot of Messi shows. I get the feeling that the arrows are broken now and don't accurately reflect development of attributes.