[12.1.0] TACTIC: 4-2-2-2 'tweak' (BPL half a season record 19 matches - W19 / shot 91 of 1

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had no luck with the 4-2-2-2 Crags but the new 4-2-3-1 you have posted looks to be one of the best 12.1.1 tactics around at a first glance. Won around 7 matches in a row and just beat Barcelona 2-0 at home in Champions Lg first leg. The team won't even be at full potential yet with this tactic so hoping for big things from it (my 'il devasto' 11.3 of fm2012). Does seem better than Marcelo's Fuss tweaked tactic to me as well although that also had some potential.

Still going incredible strong with this tactic. 16 straight wins, including 4-0 against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (yeah all three got hammered 4-0) and 6-0 against Chelsea (Leagu Cup), Stoke and Southhampton, CSKA Sofia. In those 16 games I've conceded only 5 goals and scored 60 goals. Rooney is a beast with 21 goals, without starting every game as I also try to give Delfouneso his fair deal of games as a thanks for well done job in my previous employment at Aston Villa.

Impressive stuff even for a quite strong United squad...

I stand by my conclusion that this is the best tactic i've used for FM12 so far, all patches included.

Still going incredible strong with this tactic. 16 straight wins, including 4-0 against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal (yeah all three got hammered 4-0) and 6-0 against Chelsea (Leagu Cup), Stoke and Southhampton, CSKA Sofia.

Impressive stuff even for a quite strong United squad...

I stand by my conclusion that this is the best tactic i've used for FM12 so far, all patches included.

Which one? 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1?

the 4231 tactic, Bornaken had sent it too people via pm last month, to be honest i was having so much success with il devesto foggia tactic, i never tried it, so i was reading about Eden Hazard in the good player guide, i thought i'll try it with Belgium, it has been such a joy, they have some very good players, and Hazard has been a beast for me in the amc position, anyway, i was kicking butt in the qualifiers, as they all easy, my real test was my last match away to the mighty germans, 6-1 to me with ten men, amazing, i still didnt qualify because of the results from before i played, but iv won 7 games in a row, been real good fun, bring on Brasil 2014!!

The 4-2-3-1 is awesome.

Totally agree. Almost like cheating. I have used it with Man United (for 2015/2016 season). I have an Argentinian regen striker, a wonderkid. He scores 2 goals a game on average and he twice scored 5 goals in one game. I changed the corner routine and put my striker to the near post. He scores less than my central defender would have scored from corners but at least I don't see 20 goals from Kjaer. (I am still using 12.0.4 btw).

Is this 4-2-3-1 actually any good? Is it better than marcelo's tweak?

I really like it, so yes it is very good.

However how are being doing with the 4-2-3-1 against top teams when your team isn't as strong? I'm PSV and I played Man Utd and lost 0-5! :( I dont know if it was my team talk or something, or if the tactic was too attacking to play against Man Utd???

I really like it, so yes it is very good.

However how are being doing with the 4-2-3-1 against top teams when your team isn't as strong? I'm PSV and I played Man Utd and lost 0-5! :( I dont know if it was my team talk or something, or if the tactic was too attacking to play against Man Utd???

i have searched on the thai forum and the maker is Qetesh and he recommed match prep on attacking movement and average

you can test it

I tested the attacking movement for a few games it seemed to help me 'outshoot' the opposition, whereas I replayed the same games using defensive positioning and in the same games got trashed away at Arsenal and Man utd, maybe this is the solution?

Since they introduced match prep and focus to fm i have sworn by attacking movement set on average movement or high, depending on how much kick i think the tactic needs. When i have used others the tactics just haven't worked well at all. In my experience, no focus gives you volatile results, team work gave me a bag of ccc's but scored few of them, defensive positioning made be win games by 1-0 2-0 scorlines, but attacking movement gave me the best of everything. Attacking movement always gives me loads of ccc's with a great amount of them being converted.

This is just in my experience, so nobody please start giving me theories on how im wrong because thats not how the game works/is designed.!

I always have it on defensive positioning (medium) and that is what works best for me. I seem to ship too many goals if not. My attacking 4 are world class but my defense is not quite as good so focus on the defensive side of things.

The tactic is exceptional though, produces some amazing Football.

good job mate so it is working the attacking movement??? hehe
been trying it, with it what i might do is what i did last year is month on say defensive positioning (medium) then a month on attacking movement (medium)

Got to the semi-final of the champions league and got bummed by Real Madrid 7-3 on aggregate. Was quite lucky in the end. In the away leg they played a weakened team. It's annoying because being like Higuain were just thrashing my Centre-Back (M'biwa) in the air and in 50/50s. It very annoying and would happen in real life!!!

But PSV in the Semi-Final is very impressive!

Took over at Aldershot and as my usual tactics were failing me decided to give this a go. Just won the league...

P46 W28 D11 L7 F129 A78 Pts 95

Let in more goals than anyone else though!

Used the 4-2-3-1, removed all the arrows as the defenders were getting too tired at the end of a game, and also set the passing to be more direct.

In my previous save using my own tactics with Chelsea, after the last patch, couldn't score more than 10 corners. With this tactic, scored 24!

I hope with better defenders I will let in less goals.

Anyone else tried this tactic with a lower league team?

Started with Birmingham 10 games 10 won

Loaned in Macheda, Gibbs and Sturridge

43 goals scored 5 conceded with the Balista tactic

beat Arsenal 6-0 (they fielded 2nd team in league cup)

first in europa league after 2 games beating panatinaikos 3-0 away and 3-1 vit guimaraes.. playing athletic soon

will let you know how the rest of the season goes but its amazing so far!!

Started with Birmingham 10 games 10 won

Loaned in Macheda, Gibbs and Sturridge

43 goals scored 5 conceded with the Balista tactic

beat Arsenal 6-0 (they fielded 2nd team in league cup)

first in europa league after 2 games beating panatinaikos 3-0 away and 3-1 vit guimaraes.. playing athletic soon

will let you know how the rest of the season goes but its amazing so far!!

Is the ballet the 4-2-31? And if so what match prep are you using?

left to the assistant manager, training using Furious its amazing!

16 played 16 won lol (73 scored 7 conceded)

europa league won 4 out of 4 (11 scored 1 conceded)

league cup 1/4 finals vs man city (till need to play)

not entered FA cup yet

Archived