Irony

You know how we often get users complaining that they see, all too often, the AI score against him and its that players' "First goal of the season"?

I found a match I played this evening very ironic. It was between two clubs I was managing (two managers, multiplayer hotseat), and took place in late October, so well into the season.

Six goals were scored. (In a dramatic 4-2 match)

Four were "XYZ's first ever goal for ABC United!"

One was a debut goal.

Only one was by a player who had scored for his club prior to the match.

So I came to the forum to complain: obviously, I cheat, just like the AI must. :D

Gotta love it. I also made a thread a while back proving that I cheat, because the AI also cheats. It was something to do with Goals / Shots ratio, where I won 3 games in succession 1-0 despite having only 2 shots in the whole 3 matches, and the AI having lots :D

• 3 months later...

You know how we often get users complaining that they see, all too often, the AI score against him and its that players' "First goal of the season"?

I found a match I played this evening very ironic. It was between two clubs I was managing (two managers, multiplayer hotseat), and took place in late October, so well into the season.

Six goals were scored. (In a dramatic 4-2 match)

Four were "XYZ's first ever goal for ABC United!"

One was a debut goal.

Only one was by a player who had scored for his club prior to the match.

So I came to the forum to complain: obviously, I cheat, just like the AI must. :D

Back with a bang I see Amaroq :D. A thread from you was rare before your 'sabbatical' and now you hit us with 4 in quick succession.

Unfortunately I don't understand irony so I can't really comment :(

But yes people are quick to scream cheat when it's often quite random. I was messing around with some tactical things, replaying a match and in one replay my team scored in the 94th minute with a midfielder closing down the AI centre back who dwelled on the ball too long, and running on to chip the keeper. And this was in the Championship playoff.

If that happened against me I know I'd be thinking that it was contrived to let the AI win and do it in the most dramatic manner possible. As they say in your part of the World, ish happens.

Archived