Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KK_Divine

Anime-Manga Based Database?

A bit of a throw in the dark, but would there be any interest if I decided to undertake this project? It wouldn't be too difficult to create an enjoyable replication of characters that grazed manga and television screens. And I have a lot of scope and options for players.

You have to have some classic (and my favourite) ones too:

Fushigi Yuugi,

Ayashi No Ceres,

Ranma,

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien,

Escaflowne,

Gundam Wing,

Sailor Moon,

Azumanga Daioh,

Maison Ikkoku,

Uchuu No Stellvia,

Neon Genesis Evangelion...

to name but a few....

Only if you include Captain Tsubasa while you're at it.

My main inspiration for this idea! :D

So yes I guess I'll start with a list of Anime for the main league. Suggestions?

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece could be some of the bigger hitters - I could base their reputation on popularity.

shin chan is a classic too.... right?

Are they going to be actual size in database? Need to be IMO XD

My post was a joke, maybe a bit too obscure or modern? I don't really know that much about anime in general, just what some folks said was good.

I don't see why Zetsubou-sensei wouldn't be in, though, he makes football references and jokes all the time.

I have an Idea and ambicious project of this for FM 2011, and Even i have a Beta stage with four tiers working, but ended inconclued with few teams left to finish the fifth tier.

My Database was based in french league system (3 first tiers with 20 teams each, the 4th tier with 4 groups and 18 teams per group and the 5th tier with 8 groups and 16 teams per group, the 6th tier have 20 groups with 14 teams per group and the 7th and final tier have 20 groups and variable amount of teams per group (between 11 and 19 teams in the different groups).

I Let the Teams in every group in case of someone make the database, updated to Animes premiered in Fall 2011 Season. (Warning: Not all animes existant is listed in this database, principally animes with very bad critics in animes lists like ANN, but have at least 800 animes in final database), ah! if someone make this database, allow someone modify the teams in the leagues listed but most close to reality popularity (Popular Animes in higher leagues, less popular and emergent animes in 4th and 5th tiers).

List Removed, i have to work in a new system.

I see no Inazuma Eleven ... for shame.
No mention of Excel Saga? For shame, lad, for shame. Maybe hilarity that would be Kabapu on the touchline would too much.

Both animes are in the 6th tier, i show the first part of the league, with the most popular 260 animes. in the 6th Tier are 280 animes and the 7th Tier are 300 animes, for a total of 840 teams.

Now i be at college, studing for a test in next days who is very important for passing this year, and i back to my home very late at night, maybe tomorrow show the last 2 tiers and also the promotions/relegations (my idea).

Take regards.

A League system is what I'm aiming for too.

I'm thinking however it would make sense to give pirority to the actual football based-anime/manga. Inazuma Eleven, Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart, Whistle, Soccer Fever? All in the first league

But I guess I need to get this organised.

@Juanaranc Would you like to collaborate in making it?

A League system is what I'm aiming for too.

I'm thinking however it would make sense to give pirority to the actual football based-anime/manga. Inazuma Eleven, Captain Tsubasa, Hungry Heart, Whistle, Soccer Fever? All in the first league

But I guess I need to get this organised.

@Juanaranc Would you like to collaborate in making it?

At least the first 2, will let it in 2nd (Tsubasa) and 3rd Division (Inazuma), of the rest only know Soccer Fever, and also a series about a kid of name Icarus (in the first years of J.League, in my country (a spanish-language nation) have named Goleadores), but my priority are the popularity of animes and the genre of each.

And other thing, have coordinate the league by genres, who are following, shonen, shojo, ecchi, classic anime, sports anime, kodomo (childrens' anime), seinen and psicological anime (both in a single group), this is the reason for have some unknown animes in some groups.

And finally, you could make the league, i should too, but have school until end of january and in February i not stay in my city for vacations. For this reason i leave my system with the animes in each group.

Regards.

Is Ecchi and Seinen really appropriate here? I doubt the majority would have enough of a male influence to provide a good football team anyways.

The idea of sorting them out based on genre is good, but again This wouldn't really make sense unless most were in the same tier. Sports should definitely be one of the top tiers, as should Shounen because they are the most workable groups and would probably be easiest to make sufficient teams out of.

@littleblue50 Welcome aboard!

Inazuma Eleven should be at the top. after all its a Football Anime.

Is Ecchi and Seinen really appropriate here? I doubt the majority would have enough of a male influence to provide a good football team anyways.

The idea of sorting them out based on genre is good, but again This wouldn't really make sense unless most were in the same tier. Sports should definitely be one of the top tiers, as should Shounen because they are the most workable groups and would probably be easiest to make sufficient teams out of.

@littleblue50 Welcome aboard!

My idea is to be the most amount of animes in an database, at least in ecchi and Seinen animes is not much the number of both genres in my database, and in the first 3 tiers only are 2 ecchi animes in there (Love Hina and Shuffle).

Well, i upload later an excel file in attachment with my idea of database, i take the suggerencies of have in first division for Inazuma and Capt. Tsubasa, and the other thing is the reputation of each anime, at this last point have lot to work on this.

@viiralx, i like your database of Brazil reworked, do you like to colaborate on this.

Inazuma Eleven should be at the top. after all its a Football Anime.

Forget Giant Killing, also is a Football Anime, also there be in elite league.

Well, i have thrashed my idea based in french football system and finally make similar to viiralx's brazillian football structure with 3 first tiers of 20 teams and 4th tier and below with 4 groups and 20 teams for each group, i think who i make finally 11 tiers for this estructure. When i finish i upload the excel with the structure proposal and teams.