Have anyone found a good tactic formation for Valencia?

I have tried 3-5-2 Udinese style and it worked like **** for my squad so I tried to create my own formation just from scratch, it was a 4-2-3-1 and it also worked like **** and I lost motivation and started using 4-4-2 and it works in some matches but it's too "neutral". My squad is the same as the original in the game(im starting a new game because my other computer is broken with my last save).

If you are too lazy to look at VCF-squad I can tell you that the team lacks quality on the wing/full backs, defensive midfielders and forwards. They have good keepers(Alves and Guaita), good centre backs(Rami and Ruiz) and good attacking midfielders(Banega, Costa, Parejo, Canales), wingers(Piatti, Pablo, Alba) but at front I only have Soldado, Jonas and Aduriz(and Alcacer as youngster). Soldado is good but when he is in bad form he is completely ****. Jonas have bad decisions and Aduriz is OK.

What could work for me?

I play Spanish league with Celta, and I have been very successful with 4-2-3-1, with DMs and Wingers (16-17 season and I have been 3rd for 3 seasons in a row)

From what you say I would use a 4-2-3-1 with 2 CMs, one as AP/support and another one in a more defensive duty (CM-defend or BWM)

I have Piatti with Celta and he's been a top player for me, he plays well as AMC (AP/a), but this season I played him as left winger and he's even better.

Use Alba as FB/attack and Piatti as winger, and place the defensive CM on the left side.

Soldado has very good mental and hidden stats, in my save he's 32 but still in good shape, just dribbling has declined (last history point was 13 so that is acceptable IMHO). Check his role/duty. I got the best results in FM11 and FM12 using poachers.

I also use AMR and AML as winger/support and float crosses. I score heap of goals from crosses finished by the opposite winger or AMC arriving late.

Banega has declined too much on my save (and he's just 29) so it's not really reliable, but I don't like his stats too much. Probably AI will pay you a lot for him and you can buy 1 work-horse for the CM/DMC position. I think a guy like Moussa Sissoko or another player alike will be happy to join, maybe Yann M'Vila?

Spend big on a good CM/DMC because imho it's one of the most important positions if you want to be a title contender. A smaller side can do with long passes to a good striker but you need to make 90-100 points to win La Liga.

Of course this is just my opinion, I may be wrong but I like the 4-2-3-1 a lot and I have been very succesful with it.

valencia need wingers and it looks like they will be good with soldado playing as a poacher upfront.

Maybe a 4-3-2-1 with 3 cms (AP,BWM,DLP) and 2 Inside forwards and soldado as a poacher,

or a 4-3-2-1 with 2 wingers a Trequarista or a ap, with a work house and a defensive creative player.

Valencia seem to have a lot of pace so you want a fluid counter with direct passing and good creative freedom

See how that does!

Archived