Can't Take Player Off

In prior releases of FM, if a player had a minor injury and you had already made your 3 substitutions, you could elect to take the injured player off and play one short. I almosyt always did this because my experience had been that FM followed one of Murphy's famous laws, namely that injuries, left to themselves, always go from bad to worse. In FM, a player left on the pitch with a minor injury would almost always end up with a serious enough injury to miss time, while taking him off immiediately often prevented loss of games.

All you had to do was try to make a 4th substitution. A diologue box would come up telling you that no additional substitutions could be made and asking if you wanted to take the injured player off. Now, you just get the message that no further substitutions can be made. Moreover, in my experience thus far, every time I have a player with a minor injury (green cross) who has to finish the match, he ends up with a red cross. This makes no sense.

Is there some way around this that I just haven't found?

From what I have seen he automatically goes off, and if you have used all your subs you just don't get the option to bring another one on

EDIT: Ignore me, didn't read the question properly, far too early in the morning :D

Archived