FMHi 2012 Feature Requests & Suggestions

• SI Staff

To start with it's very annoying to, while managing Truro City in the conference south, lose Barry Hayles to a Jamaican international friendly against Denmark. These unrealistic international call ups has been a issue since CM2 and they're pretty much still evident in both FMH and FM (as long as you run a game on a small database with only a league or two running). It would be a lot more realistic if you could add a individual "lowest required" CA for every U19, U21 and national team in FM. This way a Jamaican with a CA of 50-60 (not 100% sure of Hayles CA) wouldn't be added to the Jamaican national squad. The national team should prefer "made up" players instead off calling on of very few Jamaicans in the saved game. This applies to all national teams except maybe the top 10 national teams in the world.

Another issue that SI should put more attention to is the FMH-database. This issue should maybe be posted in the "missing players"-thread but I'll give it a go anyway. In sum there are to many 30+ players loaded in to the DB and as a result there are a lack of young promising players in the DB. While playing with a top PL club I would like to be able to get some of those highly prominent players that are making a name of them self in various European clubs at the moment. That would make the game a lot more fun. Instead I find a Riquelme in Boca, a Micah Hyde in Avely, a Marc Joseph in Kendal Town and a Anthony Robinson in Redditch. There a quite a few of these examples, both in lower division clubs and on a free transfer. I rather see a talented 16-20 year old -9, -10 PA in the game rather than those dudes.

We'll take the suggestion regarding international call-ups under consideration, though I know some people find it fun to have their players called up when playing as a small side!

One thing we have done this year is to try and include more young stars in the game. I think we do actually have a majority of the better-known high PA 16-20 yo players at the moment, but if there's any specific examples that are missing and you feel should be included, I can ask for them to be put in.

1. The Jamaican national team isn't exactly world class so you won't expect 180+ CA players in there, that is why your 60 CA player is there possibly as a sub. However, FMH players should have the chance to withdraw a player from a nation squad like on PC Version.

Well with about 30 Jamaicans in the DB with a CA higher then 100 the good old Barry (CA 55) shouldn't be close at all. Another great example is the Swedish national team where you find, while loading a save with the English leagues, a Bojan Djordjic (Blackpool CA11), Alexander Djordic (Fulham CA 85), Filip Pivkovski (Blackburn CA 75) and Douglas Bergqvist (Farnborough CA 50). You wont go even near the Swedish national team without a CA of at least 120.

2. Them players are there because they will be regarded as important players for their teams respectively. More important than younger players e.g. Would you rather have Ryan Giggs in your team or a 16 year old youth player? You would most likely get more from Giggs at the start of the game etc.

Yeah I get that. I'm not talking about leaving Giggs out. I'm talking about leaving a 35 year old non-league player out and give that spot in the DB to a player that is more "fun" to have in the DB. Why not adding a talented swede for an example? That would make the transfer market a lot more interesting and my ride on the sub a lot more fun.

We'll take the suggestion regarding international call-ups under consideration, though I know some people find it fun to have their players called up when playing as a small side!

Thanks fore the quick reply! Ok, sounds great. I would like to add that in my point of view realism should always be the priority. Personally I find it a lot more fun managing i League 1 club and actually get a player in the, let's say, Jamaican squad that deserves it. A player that actually got a CA that would qualify the player for the squad even if all players in the original DB would have been in the particular saved game.

One thing we have done this year is to try and include more young stars in the game. I think we do actually have a majority of the better-known high PA 16-20 yo players at the moment, but if there's any specific examples that are missing and you feel should be included, I can ask for them to be put in.

Ok, so most of the players in perpetuas post are in the FMH DB? A great idea would be to add a thread where people could post the names of players that might not be "qualified" for the DB? Another great idea would be to ask the HR of each contry if they would like to see some players added in their respected domestic leagues? As for an example you could ask the aussie HR if he would prefer some other players in the aussie domestic teams instead of the names that pop up in the teams while loading a save with the English leagues. As an example you find:

Carlos Hernandez, 29, Costa Rica, in Melbourne Victory

Danny Vukovic, 26, Australian, in Perth Glory

Chris Greenacre, 34, English, in Wellington

Joe Keenan, 29, English, in South Melbourne

Nicky Travis, 24, in Heidelberg Utd

There surly should be more interesting players in the aussie PL and lower division then these guys?

From a Swedish point of view the only players that you find in our domestic teams are James Keene from England and Ante Covic from Australia both representing IF Elfsborg. I do understand that these players are loaded in to the DB as I'm running a save with the English leagues and these players are English or English speaking with European passports. But is it possible to add some other players?

My last question is more out of curiosity. Who is picking the clubs loaded in to the DB? From a Swedish point of view you find small clubs as BK Häcken, Örebro, and the Örebro B-team while lacking the biggest clubs in the country AIK and IFK Gothenburg?

At last I would like to add that the game is great. But you could always find ways to improve stuff. Cheers

A Hall of Fame for the best players you manage during your career. At the end of the season get asked if you want to nominate any of the current squad to the Hall of Fame. You only get one pick per season. It won't take up a lot of room with a maximum of 30 players and their career stats. Alternatively, each club keeps its own Hall of Fame of great players who have played for them - use the Player of the Year awards as the criteria for induction.

• SI Staff

Ok, so most of the players in perpetuas post are in the FMH DB? A great idea would be to add a thread where people could post the names of players that might not be "qualified" for the DB? Another great idea would be to ask the HR of each contry if they would like to see some players added in their respected domestic leagues? As for an example you could ask the aussie HR if he would prefer some other players in the aussie domestic teams instead of the names that pop up in the teams while loading a save with the English leagues. As an example you find:

<snip>

There surly should be more interesting players in the aussie PL and lower division then these guys?

From a Swedish point of view the only players that you find in our domestic teams are James Keene from England and Ante Covic from Australia both representing IF Elfsborg. I do understand that these players are loaded in to the DB as I'm running a save with the English leagues and these players are English or English speaking with European passports. But is it possible to add some other players?

We wouldn't necessarily want to add all of the players in that list or make wholesale removals as we do need a good spread of transfer targets for people who choose to play in the lower leagues as well as at big clubs. We've already tried to make sure the higher profile ones are in and I'll ask if we can get a few more in the future, we'll have to see what we can handle. I'll also ask if we can get a few more from inactive leagues, there've already been some added but these have mainly been in the higher reputation leagues. Thanks for the feedback about this and we'll definitely take it into account when discussing future databases.

My last question is more out of curiosity. Who is picking the clubs loaded in to the DB? From a Swedish point of view you find small clubs as BK Häcken, Örebro, and the Örebro B-team while lacking the biggest clubs in the country AIK and IFK Gothenburg?

There's no-one that specifically picks every single club that's loaded, it's something that's automatically determined (but can be tweaked of course). The reason Häcken and Örebro are in there is that they're in European competition, the Örebro B-team shouldn't be in and I'll request that they are kept out in future. I'll ask if there's anything we can do about getting a better spread of clubs from inactive leagues (this has actually already been increased) but I can't promise anything.

As an example you find:

Carlos Hernandez, 29, Costa Rica, in Melbourne Victory

Danny Vukovic, 26, Australian, in Perth Glory

Chris Greenacre, 34, English, in Wellington

Joe Keenan, 29, English, in South Melbourne

Nicky Travis, 24, in Heidelberg Utd

I can help with the better Aussie players :p

I love to look at previous history and stats of previous players, I find the historical side of my management severely lacking! Just something as simple as my biggest victory or highest rated player would be great. Also team talks!! Isn't it great when you see your motivational words at half time spurred the team to victory?

Thanks for reading guys

I "hate" the teamtalk.

Let the games be won/lost on the pitch and not in the looker room.

I rather see that you as a manager get a higher impact on the players as time go. After 10 years in a club a hidden value gives you some extra motivation witch help your team before, during and after.

Clearly you think that the manager has no impact on how he motivates his team (you will find it's not always about the tactics) It doesnt need to be as much as individual talks at half time with every player just a "push and you can win this one guys" i don't see whats so bad about that a tiny bit of realism and feel that you are actually influencing your players attitudes on the pitch. They all have their own personality stats and it would be nice to see these used in how they react to the team talk

Well you agreed with him before Steve :p it's not a surprise you still are! I don't agree that its "Bloat" as you put it. There is something to be said about it becoming too arcadey, I love skipping through the games quickly myself but then we are limited to 30 seasons (and some say this is lots but i have been through quite a few 30 seasons) The game imo is rather easy atm and adding something to actually make you think a tiny bit more about what to do in a game rather than playing a season in 2 hours and all using 4132 to go from bss to premiership is good in my eyes. The way some people stress about features being added is crazy and it's not going to become the PC version overnight, it never could do that. It's other things like an added news report before a big derby game Arsenal vs Spurs for instance and a few mind games make the game 100% more enjoyable and realistic at minimal cost to the game. Clearly im in the minority though

Team talks are always a tricky subject. The main danger is that they need to be somewhat simplified for the handheld version, hence becoming too repetitive (See FM 2008). I would imagine that the best way to implement this would be a general team talk plus selecting one player aside. But haters would hate, and I'm still unsure about it.

The main danger is that they need to be somewhat simplified for the handheld version, hence becoming too repetitive (See FM 2008).

Agreed. A real football manager needs the team talk to achieve success but in terms of FM the PC version has showed that it's more or less impossible to create a fully working team talk function. I rather see more players in the DB and more media involved instead of using valuable resources and game memory at unrealistic team talks.

I reckon it's time to sum up things and give some comprehensive feedback of my FMH12 experience so far.

Started out with Coventry and the saviour cometh which is a great future. Good work on that one! I wasn't able to save Coventry and I resigned after the relegation. I kept on playing and after a year of unemployment/vacation I got appointed as manager of the newly promoted Blue square bet south side St. Albans. The club didn't have any players at the start but saw a steady increase of players being promoted from the youth setup during my first weeks as a manager. Here comes the first issues and I would like to give you some feedback on this.

1. To start with it would be a lot more fun and more realistic if there already were players in a club when the club got promoted to the lowest league possible. In this case FMH there should have been already created players, maybe around 10 or so, in the squad. You could create these players while loading the new season right? Some of the players could have been older, some younger, some rubbish and some maybe a bit talented. This way there wouldn't be the same need of newgens from the youth teams. At the moment it's more of a CM2 situation where you get an empty squad, and that nostalgic and great in some ways, but not very realistic.

2. The players promoted to the first team from the St. Albans youth setup was really good. We're talking 16-18 year old players that was running wild in the Blue square bet south side. I won the league with about 110 points (runner up had 74 points) and I scored about 120 goals or so. A lot of the newgens generated from the St. Albans youth setup had extremely high ratings in some of their attributes. Especially in heading and pace were most of the players had 17-19. In general you find a lot of very talented newgens in the lower league teams. I reckon the majority of these players should be generated into clubs with the highest youth facilities, youth coaching, youth recruitment and based in a nation with a decent nation youth rating. From my point of view it seemed as the St. Albans youth setup was more of a Mancherster United youth setup.

After winning promotion with St. Albans I felt like trying to find me a new job at a better club. Here comes another issue.

3. I found it more or less impossible to find a job in league football. Don't get me wrong. It should be hard to get a job at a better club and you should only be able to find yourself a new job in a better club if you've been doing very well in your former club. But looking at my record at St. Albans where I guided a newly promoted team, with a squad of 17-18 youngsters and a couple of loanees, to such a great success, there should be some interest from clubs in league 2, at least. I mean my success was pretty extreme in St. Albans. I do know that I wasn't doing as well in Coventry but come on.. If you're a league 2 team why would you appoint a mediocre Blue square premier manager where you clearly got the new Mourinho having a laugh with a bunch of youth players at St. Albans.

When it comes to the match engine it's not a 100%. There are a lot of glitches.

4. A lot of the time you find defenders and strikers from the same team with about 70-90 meters in distance between each other with a long ball played from the defence to the strikers. In such a case the defenders of the opposite team clearly would have pushed forward a long time ago. But no, the defenders of the opposite team keep their position and that looks extremely odd.

5. There is another issue where you rarely see striker go deep and midfielder playing through balls to the strikers. I don't think I've ever seen that happen in a game. With that said I don't expect the match engine to be a mirror of the reality as it only is an app game after all. But I reckon you're interested in feedback right?

6. There are a lot of long shots from about the half way line. I would like to see a decrease in shots from distances 40-55 meters and a increase in long shots from 20-30 meters.

7. I found that a lot of goals are scored right 1-10 minutes after the opposition has scored. Anyone else out there that got the same feeling? Don't know if you base that on actually statistic. If so, let it be. But, in general looking at games on tele, I find that the scoring team most of the time find a momentum after they've scored that lasts at least a 15-20 minutes. Please note that this are assumptions. I do not have any facts..

And one more thing. Is I saw my fellow swede gnaget already reported, there is to much over time played, especially in the first half.

At last. It's a good game. Good job! Cheers..

• SI Staff

Thanks for your detailed feedback!

Points 1 and 2 that you mention are actually closely related to each other, and are something that I'm going to request be improved, though I'm not sure whether it will be possible for updates as it may be fiddly. The reason so many players are getting promoted at a club newly promoted into the bottom division is that the squad is so bare, and the reason the regens are too good for that level is that there is a limited pool of retired players that can be regenned. I have an idea that may be a neat solution but we'll have to see if it's possible. We're also aware that certain regen attributes need a bit of balancing in terms of distribution.

With regard to point #3, hopefully you should find that if you stick around at St Albans a little longer it should be easier to find a job in a higher league? We've not had a massive problem getting new jobs here but it does take a little time to build up a reputation. If you still have problems a little further into the future I'll make sure to take a look into the situation.

We're always trying to iron out match engine glitches and I think most of the examples you've mentioned are issues that we're aware of and are currently under review.

Again, thanks for the feedback, we'll definitely take it into account, and it's good to hear that you're enjoying the game as a whole! :)

Just started paying it and my commens are:

- match game sounds, really miss it

- next game button / auto continue

- some form of teamtalk as swearing at my iPad is having no impact

- loanee updates would be good

- easy way to scroll through players, swiping rather than back, select etc

Great game

I'm really glad to see they way regens work is being looked at. This is the one thing that spoils the game for me, and in fact I've pretty much stopped playing because of it:(

The regens of good players really need to be less predictable and less obtainable for rubbish clubs. Though of course the very occasional great player who starts at a rubbish club would still be realistic.

I know good players sometimes are regenned into a different nationality, but this isnt enough I think. It should happen more often and players positions should be at least a bit random too.

Is there anyway you could implement a cash Injection to lower league teams who play away at say Man Utd/Arsenal etc in the Fa Cup

I was playing as Gainsborough in BSP and reached the 3rd round playing Man Utd away. Altough i got comfortably beat it would have been nice to walk away with a few hundred grand as clubs do in real life (crawley netted 1M last year with TV, sponsorship and a percentage of gate receipts).

When you are competing in the basement league there is no incentive to play a full strength team in the FA Cup anymore

Thanks for your detailed feedback!

Points 1 and 2 that you mention are actually closely related to each other, and are something that I'm going to request be improved, though I'm not sure whether it will be possible for updates as it may be fiddly. The reason so many players are getting promoted at a club newly promoted into the bottom division is that the squad is so bare, and the reason the regens are too good for that level is that there is a limited pool of retired players that can be regenned. I have an idea that may be a neat solution but we'll have to see if it's possible. We're also aware that certain regen attributes need a bit of balancing in terms of distribution.

Ok, in my opionen this should have a very high priority for FMH13. If not the top priority.

With regard to point #3, hopefully you should find that if you stick around at St Albans a little longer it should be easier to find a job in a higher league? We've not had a massive problem getting new jobs here but it does take a little time to build up a reputation. If you still have problems a little further into the future I'll make sure to take a look into the situation.

Ok, I would like to se a bigger direct impact in rare examples like my career at St. Albans. But I'll stay put for know. I'll get back to you when/if I get a new job..

First post! Just got the game :)

I'd love to be able to sync the saved games via icloud/dropbox/gamecenter to different devices...

I have it on the iPad & iPhone so it would be great to pick it up where i left off on another device... perhaps a tick box to choose this option so the user can choose whether to use up space with the game or not..!

I second this. iCloud support would be great so I can play the same season between my various iOS devices.

thanks,

Geoff

No it'd be fantastic if you could actually - I value feedback from people very highly, its incredibly useful in guiding where the game will head in the future ...

Mark, just picking up from another thread where we discussed tactical strategies and you asked for feedback. I guess this is the most appropriate thread.

I have fiddled around with logical and realistic tactic strategies (based on what i did on the old PC version)- i.e playing defensive and direct when underdogs in the rain, or attacking and short when favourites in the sun.

At first I have to say i didn’t think it made any difference at all. Playing away, underdogs in the rain i felt i had just as much chance playing attacking/short passing as defensive/direct. The passing percentages didn’t seem to decrease or increase when i changed passing lengths, so i dont think it makes much difference? However more recently i have had a little more success with it- but i cant be sure if its due to my squad strength or tactics. Which is what my feedback would be...

(1)- Tactics- i would like more game feedback if tactic choices do affect the result. For example if short passes are getting held up in the rain passing % should visibly decrease. Even better it would be nice if there could be a brief in game message- i.e “Bromley’s passing just isn’t working” or “smith’s short pass gets stopped in the wet pitch and is intercepted”.

Likewise- if you are playing too attacking and get punished, the game could say “Bromley just had too many players committed forward”. Or if you score from a counter attack when playing defensive/counter- “Bromley hit Cambridge with a counter attack!!”. That way the user would know that he has influenced the game by his tactical choices- for better or worse. The PC version gives this feedback at times. I dont think the 2D highlights on handheld give much clue as to whether you scored on the counter or not.

(2) Form slumps- these are very difficult to get out of. I tried everything (playing more defensively, motivating players, signing better players) as arsenal manager but ended up getting the sack! If the game could give a hint as to what you need to do to help, that would be nice!

(3) Equalising goals- now this is probably due to the fact that i play attacking away from home (due to squad strength and form)- but when i score first away from home the opposition almost always equalise within 10 minutes. As mentioned, i may be getting punished for playing attacking away when an underdog, but as above if thats the case it would be great if the game could flash up that you committed too many forward or something similar.

Thats my feedback! On the whole i am really enjoying the game on the ipad. I think the balance is right for handheld- you can race through games quickly and get quick success with smaller clubs which is really good fun. My wife banned (not that im under the thumb!!) the PC version due to the time it consumed, but she seems ok with the handheld version, and for me that’s the acid test!! I wouldn’t want the handheld version to end up being as tactically or motivationally detailed as the PC version, as it would defeat the point, but hopefully the above feedback is helpful.

• SI Staff
but hopefully the above feedback is helpful.

Very useful - with the tactical feedback, I agree totally .. but to explain why this hasn't been done yet.

There are some 'hint' messages about conditions in there already which mention rain, the wet etc. .... but trying to 'pin' the cause for a goal down on tactics is a very risky thing to do from a practical perspective because trying to work out whether it was bad luck or a tactical flaw is something which humans do far better than the computer (the game already mentions total mismatches in pace, height etc. when they occur you might have noticed?) ....

I will look into improving this as I think its a good idea, I'm just reluctant to rush into it and potentially give people misleading information.

There are some 'hint' messages about conditions in there already which mention rain, the wet etc. .... but trying to 'pin' the cause for a goal down on tactics is a very risky thing to do from a practical perspective because trying to work out whether it was bad luck or a tactical flaw is something which humans do far better than the computer (the game already mentions total mismatches in pace, height etc. when they occur you might have noticed?) ....

Hmm, i haven’t noticed all of these, I will keep an eye out from now on. I have noticed the game telling you if the AI starts out attacking, and when it switches to defensive, which is definitely useful. I am more likely to switch to defensive and counter if i know the AI is pushing forward- and vice versa.

Nice to know feedback is taken on board.

I wonder if it's possible to do this:1. Filter by unemployed or internationals2. 2Dview of full match action instead of just highlights3. Man marking vs Zonal Marking options and the ability to assign specific players to man mark specific targets4. Promoting youth from reserves to senior team

I wonder if it's possible to do this:1. Filter by unemployed or internationals2. 2Dview of full match action instead of just highlights3. Man marking vs Zonal Marking options and the ability to assign specific players to man mark specific targets4. Promoting youth from reserves to senior team

1. You can filter by unemployed (both Expired and Free Transfer). You can't exactly list by 'internationals', but if you're managing a nation you can filter by its nationality. Another option is to sort players by international caps.

2. Just highlights at the moment, and I don't think Si is looking into adding full match view.

3. No such options so far.

4. This is already in the game.

This is probably more of a FM2013 suggestion/request post than one that is bound for updates, but I had a couple of thoughts after spending far too much time on the game!

As a disclaimer, I played a lot of regular FM2010 and 2011 but I find that I prefer the iPhone version as the PC version got far too complex and involved for me to keep up, as it seemed like I had to micromanage far too much to do really well. I really enjoy the leanness and simplicity of the iOS game, which seems to me to strike the balance between depth and ease of play. That said, there are a couple of things I really liked about the PC version that I was hoping could be adapted for future versions of my current favorite game:

1. Would it be possible to be able to hire staff? There are a lot of managers in the game with specific stats and I was wondering if there could also be a pool of assistants or coaches to be hired much in the same way as we currently go after players. Obviously, there could not be a full staff for each team, but if the club could choose/pursue/enter the market for its assistant, I think that would add a lot to the game, especially if you are playing through the lower leagues. I know there is the current "training facilities" upgrades, but maybe some of the benefits of that could be passed into the particular coaches/assistants that we have?

2. When managing an international team, there is the transfer option to search only for players in the nation. As our profiles track our bias towards domestic players, there are times when I am actively looking for an English/French/Dutch national for my English/French/Dutch team. Is it possible to add this button for regular play or would it not fit?

3. Press conferences were the bane of my PC-playing existence; however, I really like whenever there is media or board interaction on the iOS version. Could you add more please?

Thanks, Marc, et al!

1. One thing I really enjoyed

• SI Staff

2. When managing an international team, there is the transfer option to search only for players in the nation. As our profiles track our bias towards domestic players, there are times when I am actively looking for an English/French/Dutch national for my English/French/Dutch team. Is it possible to add this button for regular play or would it not fit?

This is something that's been requested often and is one of the higher priority items on the list of things to be added.

The other ideas you've mentioned are more the kind of thing Marc would decide on, but we're always looking to get more interaction into the game where possible.

At the moment tactically and with the nature of the device it's understandable that stuff like teamtalks,or specific player instructions such as marking X outta the game aren't implemented. The vagueness is something I do like, the specifity of match engines in the past made it very easy for me to create super tactics. Having played through a season successfully, I am hoping some features can be enhanced/added.

Match day

1. On the view tab to include the team formations

2. Currently in tactic creation mode we can move dots into empty slots,Please have this ability included when we are a man down. Currently you are forced into making another tactic or loading a saved tacticMatch engineTbh I never expected the FMH Me to be this interesting, I can have overlapping runs or locked down backs, liberal styled central defenders and good old fashioned english target men. It appears that the linkage between attributes and tactics is tighter on FMH than it ever was on the PC and it's understandable why.

I can't run sims on this like I would on the pc and honestly I don't have the time for that anymore; what I am curious about is the SOT% for fdirect freekicks for players of 17 and higher. I am not interested in goals but for some players like DDrogba they should have to force keepers into making a save. Oh and how many times has a wall actually blocked a shot? In one full season in the premiership I didn't see that once.

One other thing not sure if this is a bug, but I tried this Spurs was eager to grab Player A, so I timed my outgoing sale to coincide own the same day I had to confirm any incoming purchase. I outbid For player A got him, and when it came time to confirm I made sure there werent enuf funds. Transfer got cancelled. In came the money I made another bid this time knocking almost 30% off, Spurs did not replace their purchase, and didn't bid. I got e player dirt cheap this time. Should this have happened?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this has been mentioned, but would it be possible in a future version to be able to interact with players you have on loan when you are the loan club. I have a couple of high-performing players who are doing great and I'd like to be able to say so!

Couple of new features I'd like to see.

1. The first is that you arrange your own friendlies at the start of the season. Whether those are one offs or mini-competitions. Small clubs value these as it's a chance to get some gate receipt cash.

2. When signing players, give them some idea of how important they will be initially. It's pretty daft signing a 15 year old and hearing him exclaim it was the offer of first team and European football that convinced him sign when it's obvious he's a development project, destined for the reserves and loan football for a few years. There are some players where they are going to be the spine of the team for 5 years so it would be nice to say so, especially when bidding against other teams.

3. At the end of the season, a briefing from the assistant coach related to the hidden attributes. If you've had a player at a club for a year, you're going to know whether a player is lazy, is easily bored, only up for big games or your goalie can't concentrate.

Archived