FMH 2012 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch out now!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I find it a very effective quick visual cue as to whether a player is any good or not, tap a name and if you see a lot of green that's a good sign, a lot of red and it's a bad sign. Especially useful when managing at slightly lower levels.

Edit: Looking at what you wrote again I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that there's a couple of extra 'steps' in terms of colours this year, we just feel this gives a bit more of a precise feel from a quick glance compared to last year.

aye, I don't usually complain against design elements like this. If anything I'd probably have wanted something more complex than just red, blue and green. It's just that I've been playing the game excessively as of late and this came as a bit of an upset in the eyes but I'm sure it won't be a problem for long.

• SI Staff
The game looks awesome!..the social networking options is a great idea, the background seems slightly different which did catch my eyes out at first

Glad you're enjoying it :D

however, it is abit slow on starting a game....is that just for the first time?.. or will it be like that all the time?

its very quick in normal play :)

If you are playing a 'challenge' then its a bit slower than normal starting up as there is a LOT for it to do, otherwise it should be about the same startup speed as with prior versions ...

A single league with quickstarts enabled will be fast as heck, multiple league setup is somewhat slower.

Waiting for Canadian release, still!

Was so desperate to play immediately hearing the news that I redirected myself to the New Zealand App Store.... which led to disappointment as I couldn't download with the current Apple ID I only have.

Also, I'm impressed by the responses from the SI employees. Really a great effort to get back to forum users and I very rarely see this (if ever) from other sites.

Edit: DOWNLOADING NOW!! Can't wait..

Are there live cup draws and can you play beyond 30 seasons?

I'm sad to say no to both. The addition of live cup draws is a good idea and we will add this to the list of things to think about. I'll warn you that this list is pretty long already as we are always thinking about things to add or change!

Hi,

I think I know the answer but just want to check, I have an iPhone, but will soon be getting an iPad, if I buy it for iPhone, will there be additional charges for the iPad version, or is it the same. If I have to pay twice, I would rather buy for iPad

cheers

Hi,

I think I know the answer but just want to check, I have an iPhone, but will soon be getting an iPad, if I buy it for iPhone, will there be additional charges for the iPad version, or is it the same. If I have to pay twice, I would rather buy for iPad

cheers

As long as you use the same iTunes account you should only have to pay once.

The easiest way to do it is through your computer, with which you can sync your iPad once you have it.

• SI Staff
Hi marc firstly just wanna say well done on this years edition really like all the new features :) but one question, is there anyway of stopping the lag when running the game in hd view mode on iphone 4 ?

The first generation retina devices strain a little with the high res view when watching the matches; thats one of the reasons I left it as an 'optional' item (turn on/off in Preferences - User Interface) .... I will look at optimising things and trying to speed it up during the update cycle, but at present I have no idea how much faster I can get it tbh ...

(it is smooth as silk on an iPhone4s apparently, I wouldn't know as I don't have one ... :(;) )

The first generation retina devices strain a little with the high res view when watching the matches; thats one of the reasons I left it as an 'optional' item (turn on/off in Preferences - User Interface) .... I will look at optimising things and trying to speed it up during the update cycle, but at present I have no idea how much faster I can get it tbh ...

(it is smooth as silk on an iPhone4s apparently, I wouldn't know as I don't have one ... :(;) )

I notice a lag even when going through different news items. On an iPhone 4 64gb.

Second season for me now cant say I have noticed any lag, also on iPhone 4, will keep an eye out though to see if it is replicated on my device also

Chris have you noticed lag in match engine ? i have iPhone 4 16gb and the lag is awful

Chris have you noticed lag in match engine ? i have iPhone 4 16gb and the lag is awful

No lag at all in match engine either, infact it runs really really smooth, and no, I havn't updated to IOS 5 yet as I'll be picking up my 4s at end of Dec so didn't see any reason to update.

No lag at all in match engine either, infact it runs really really smooth, and no, I havn't updated to IOS 5 yet as I'll be picking up my 4s at end of Dec so didn't see any reason to update.

Might be it. I've noticed my phone got considerably slower after the update.

Just disabled my iCloud, and cleaned my notification centre. Closed all apps and rebooted. Game is a tad bit faster, but highlights still feel like stop-motion. Quite annoying that in HD not all your 11 players fit in the stats list: your last players text is cut in half:

24pxfrr.png

I hope this lag problem is something that can be fixed ? i'm sure iPhone 4 should be able to handle it.

I mean going from hd to normal screen option is just very disappointing :( i mean there is plenty of games that run smoothly with high res etc.

But overall this years release is superb !

• SI Staff
I hope this lag problem is something that can be fixed ? i'm sure iPhone 4 should be able to handle it.

I mean going from hd to normal screen option is just very disappointing :( i mean there is plenty of games that run smoothly with high res etc.

Its to do with techy geeky factors and the fact the game renders to an offscreen buffer and then places that into the OpenGL surface - I'm working on it and hopefully presuming its possible I'll put optimisations to the system in place as part of an update (no promises though, if it was 'easy' to do I'd have done it already ;) ).

PS - As I've indicated elsewhere the speed appears to be 'better' on iOS4 than iOS5 for the original iPhone4 devices, also rebooting to ensure that there are no apps active in the background may also help with keeping things as smooth as possible.

But overall this years release is superb !

Glad you're enjoying it :D

• SI Staff
This game runs like lighting on my iPhone 4s 64gb.

If you'd care to send me your phone then I'd be happy to look into optimising it to run EVEN faster .... might take a while to do, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind me (cough) looking after it for a while ;)

(not that I'm jealous and want an iPhone4s or anything ;) )

• SI Staff
Definitely getting this for iPad.

Can someone help me though - Is it possible to copy a game save from the FM12 PC version and play it on the handheld version for ipad?

No I'm afraid thats not possible - the two games are different products and the save games aren't compatible between them (you can however install FMHi onto an iPad and then take that save game and play it on an iTouch or iPhone).

What's the reason for the limited amount of available leagues to play compared to the PC/Mac version? Will we ever see the same number of leagues in the iOS version? I'm dying to the play the norwegian Tippeliga on my iPad! Other than that, amazing game! :)

If you'd care to send me your phone then I'd be happy to look into optimising it to run EVEN faster .... might take a while to do, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind me (cough) looking after it for a while ;)

(not that I'm jealous and want an iPhone4s or anything ;) )

marc, cant SI buy you one for xmas??

i am surprised that you (SI) dont have one to develop the game with tho

• Administrators

Well, I have one :) - FMH is really playing quite nicely on it, if I can say so myself :)

Newbie question: Is the star player function available for my team? I can see the star players of other teams, but I can't figure out how to find out who my star players are :/

No it's just for other teams. This is how it used to be many years ago in older versions of our game. It would be a bit confusing to be told who your "best" players were as you might disagree.

Ah okay thanks :) I was hoping it would advice me on who should be a must-use for big matches. But it's a great inclusion on the other teams nonetheless!

The Team Report, which you can see through your Squad -> Action menu, shows your strongest defender, midfielder and attacker. This should help a little.

Newbie question: Is the star player function available for my team? I can see the star players of other teams, but I can't figure out how to find out who my star players are :/
The Team Report, which you can see through your Squad -> Action menu, shows your strongest defender, midfielder and attacker. This should help a little.

I don't like this suggestion because it would exclude keepers and two great players in the same position. Additionally, the team report is based on the coach ratings. So I would instead go through my squad -> View menu -> select Detailed + Coach report. Then, sort your players by ability and thus see all players ranked from best to worst.

No I'm afraid thats not possible - the two games are different products and the save games aren't compatible between them (you can however install FMHi onto an iPad and then take that save game and play it on an iTouch or iPhone).

OK, thanks for your help Marc.

• SI Staff

I have pretty much every other iOS device under the sun - but haven't picked up a 4s yet; our QA does have access to one though for testing purposes.

(for development purposes I tend to utilise the slowest devices possible a lot of the time, that makes sure its as playable as possible on any device)

• SI Staff
I don't have apple tv so can someone explain how AirPlay works on FMHI? Wouldn't you have to look at iPhone/iPad screen anyway to see where your clicking? Or does the device work as a mouse?

The way it works at present if you turn the 'Airplay' option on then it'll render an additional cursor to the screen so you can play looking mainly at the TV rather than the iPad, however I fully expect this side of things to evolve and change if it proves a popular option for people.

Great job Marc! You deserve a raise.

In fact, I would like to lobby for the Handheld game to be released on the PC! It is vastly superior to the standard PC game, much faster to play through, easier to tweak tactics, make signings etc. It is what the main game should be. I would have no problems paying ANOTHER $10 to play the handheld version on a computer.

Keep up the good work, and make sure to submit the petition for the Handheld game to be playable on a PC!

Archived