FMH 2012 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch out now!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: in this years version would i be able to start my career at prestatyn town in Wales BUT have all english leagues loaded?

In previous versions you can't do this for example, if you started in Austrailia you could only select Englands top division.

• SI Staff
Question: in this years version would i be able to start my career at prestatyn town in Wales BUT have all english leagues loaded?

In previous versions you can't do this for example, if you started in Austrailia you could only select Englands top division.

Yes you can - its now possible to start a game within one of your 'secondary' nations (ie. one without all leagues active) and as Wales is on the same continent as England you're able to have all English leagues and also the Welsh league active at the same time.

Yes you can - its now possible to start a game within one of your 'secondary' nations (ie. one without all leagues active) and as Wales is on the same continent as England you're able to have all English leagues and also the Welsh league active at the same time.

Little great fix!

:applause:Challenge mode sounds fantastic. For years I used to try and do this (start half way through and see what I could win), now a real mode for it :)

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Can the save games be synced between ipad and iphone? if yes I'm going to be seriously addicted...

Did the advanced player interaction get in there?

For example, I criticise a player in 2011 as he is sent off for headbutting a ref, but the rest of the team go ape **** for not supporting my player, thus bringing morale down as previously he was in form 9-9-10 etc etc

• SI Staff
I think PRJKT (apologies if I'm mistaken) means via the cloud.

Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.

• SI Staff
Hi Marc, any idea if the iOS game will be released in Singapore? Cos over here, i'm just around 30mins or so to midnight! Cant wait!

I believe it should be - if 2011 was available there then I see no reason why it won't be.

I must say I am surprised the save games can even be transferred between devices at all. Excellent addition!

Why is Lecksa even here? iRelease and someone just comes to complain. Lots of us love FM for iOS. FM2011 for iPad is the FM I have spent the most time on and I've been playing since it was CM all those years ago. Playing on iPad is great and quite fast paced, perfect for me.

Will there be a demo for the game? I'm unsure I will want to for out what I'm assuming will be around 6.99 for the game. The last game I did not enjoy on an iOS device, although I have recently bought an iPad and do feel it may be more of an experience on the device. Which takes me back to my original question, will there be a demo? If it enjoyable I will happily pay the money if not I'm doubt I'll be owning the game :(

• SI Staff
Will there be a demo for the game? I'm unsure I will want to for out what I'm assuming will be around 6.99 for the game. The last game I did not enjoy on an iOS device, although I have recently bought an iPad and do feel it may be more of an experience on the device. Which takes me back to my original question, will there be a demo? If it enjoyable I will happily pay the money if not I'm doubt I'll be owning the game :(

At present there isn't a demo planned for release (the first year we did one a few months after release, last year there wasn't one at all - I don't think its been 100% decided with regards to this years iteration yet, but definitely not one initially).

Cloud sharing is something which is being looked at - the reason it didn't make it into release is (1) I've only one head and two arms (ie. lack of time), but also (2) I'm rather nervous about the amount of data it'd be transmitting - the FMHi save games are NOT tiny, they're 3mb in size so if you used Cloud sharing a lot for saving games then it could easily eat into someones allowed data package (use it 10 times a week and thats 120Mb of data you've sent in a month), I don't know the prevalent speeds or package sizes for people generally so rather than risk it either locking up your app for ages (ie. low speed connections) or costing people a fortune (if they have low data packages) I left it out for now.

If we find these aren't concerns then its something we'll look into in the future, but I tend to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" with such things - so didn't want to rush into it just to get another feature on a list and potentially mess up someones phone bill.

I am not sure how easy it would be to code, but it is possible to have iCloud syncing as an option, rather than a default. You could also maybe have it as a feature which is only compatable when on a wifi connection. Just a suggestion, I really want it, lol.

• SI Staff
Also, any chance of some screenshots? Has the UI seen a big improvement? The last one didn't really have the feel of a premium game, it's looked more like a kids game :-(

Screenshots are linked from within this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290648-IOS-Screenshots-here

Make it optional:

1) Optional (On/Off)

2) If on, Wi-Fi only option

Ideally, the file would support partial changes and submit only "patch-like" updates… but that's dreaming too big! ;)

Archived