From the terraces to the top...hopefully!

Raware

Not sure if the crashes would stop, but there would still be a lot of players...you can try tho. :D

So would the amount of players significantly slow down the processing of the game or is that just linked with the number of leagues that are run?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So would the amount of players significantly slow down the processing of the game or is that just linked with the number of leagues that are run?

I think both have an effect but the main problem is that if you remove a league, most of the players aren't removed. So you're left with one less league, and just a little less players.

Don't quote me on this, but removing a league might have marginal results at best. I have only used the feature once (and hated it) so I can't tell you with certainty.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2019/20 : Review

npower League One /npower League One progress : With no money to spend and only a slight increase in the wage budget, the boards expectations for the season were for us to finish mid-table while I was happy if we could avoid an immediate return to League Two…how different the season turned out to be though! We started the season well winning 6 out of our first 10 games but it was the games after in the run up to Christmas which defined our season as we went 11 games unbeaten to firmly put us in the promotion push. The story after New Year was surprisingly much of the same as we continued our great form to go on and clinch promotion in April and at one point, look surprisingly like claiming the title. Exeter however, looked strong throughout much of the season and deservedly claimed the title fairly easily despite our late run in form which put us, in the end, just a point behind them and with that a 6th promotion in 9 years and a place in the Championship!

FA Cup : We had an incredible FA Cup run this season which saw us beat Premier League side Wigan Athletic and take Newcastle United to a draw where we unfortunately lost the replay.

Carling Cup : Out in the 1st round again as Leeds United were a far superior side to us and should really have had 4 or 5.

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy : We made it to the Northern Section Quarter Final where we were desperately unlucky to lose out to Hereford United on penalties.

Transfers : Pre-season saw us bring in 4 faces as Luke Shaw came in from Millwall on a free transfer, veteran striker Dexter Blackstock also arrived on a free transfer, promising Welshman Jazz Martin arrived from Manchester United on loan and Filip Degoricija came in from Birmingham City also on loan. One other player to join us was Terry Richardson on a free transfer who settled in well grabbing 9 goals from midfield.

Squad : I honestly thought that we’d struggle this season even with the addition of 5 new players as I saw teams in our division with a lot stronger squads than ourselves. The group of players though proved me wrong and had a fantastic season to propel us out of League One after just one season in it. While all of the players played an important role throughout the season, our success was mainly down to Calum Elliot who showed at 33 years of age, he still has bags of ability as he hit 29 goals in 52 games while also finishing runner up in the scoring charts and claiming the League One goal of the season. Our other striker John Hargreaves also did well as he hit double figures for the season while new signing Terry Richardson also got in on the goal scoring as he grabbed 9 goals. Perhaps more pleasing though is the fact that I’ve managed to tie down some of our important players as both John Hargreaves and our highly sought after ‘keeper Steve Overton signed new deals.

Finances : In the black…but only just. Despite this the board have given me £800k for transfers next season :confused:.

My views of the season… : A truly remarkable season which saw us jump in and out of League One in just one season to leave us playing Championship football next season! How…I’m not quite sure!

My aims for next season… : It’s got to be nothing more than to avoid an immediate return to League One after massively overachieving this season.

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup Winners
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     [b]1st[/b]      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, Isthmian Charity Shield Winners
2014/15  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       13th     -
2015/16  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       3rd      Lost in the play-off final
2016/17  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier    		       [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2017/18  Coalville Town     npower League Two  			       4th      Lost in the play-off final
2018/19  Coalville Town     npower League Two			       [b]3rd[/b]      Promotion to npower League One (automatic)
2019/20  Coalville Town     npower League One   		       [b]2nd[/b]      Promotion to npower Championship (automatic)

[b]Bold[/b] indicates promotion
[i]Italic[/i] indicates relegation

Congrats :D But no budget :/ gonna be hard in the Championship
Going to be hard work next year, but good luck.

Thanks fellas. I have a feeling it's going to be really hard next season.

Congrats on taking the club to the Championship! Hope your Board opens the purse strings a bit for next year :)
Congratulations on promotion fella.
Congrats on promotion.Hope the board will show some generosity with the budgets.
Well done on such a successful season! Nice little cup run to boot too :)

Think you're going to need more than your fair share of luck next season, though ;)

Thanks guys. I've been given my spending money for this season...all £750k of it...and it's gone already :D

Hope all that money pays off for you, and you can avoid relegation. :)
You could still get a few good players with that.
Super season Raware.

Cheers fellas :thup:

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2020/21: Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

npower Championship : Board expectation - Avoid relegation : Media expectation - 24th (out of 24)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 3rd round

Carling Cup : 2nd round

Transfer budget : £750k

Wage budget : £41k p/w

Current wage bill : £45.6k p/w

Season tickets sold : 1614 (+604 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : After bouncing straight from League Two to the Championship in just 2 years, it’s no real surprise that everyone’s expecting us to finish bottom and make an immediate return to League One. They said the same last year though as everyone wrote us off but we went on to confound the critics and clinch promotion. This year will be a different story though as there’s definitely a gulf in class from what we’ve been used to and I’ll be more than happy if we can make a good go at avoiding the drop. To help us try and achieve that, during the pre-season transfer window I’ve brought in David Parry from Forfar, Keith Dodds from Bournemouth, Dominic Forsyth from Tranmere Rovers, David McCabe from Cliftonville, Keith Hadley from Glentoran, Glen O’Neill from Birmingham City and Adam Thompson all on free transfers, Colin Johnson from Watford for £1k, highly promising forward Stephen Dingwall from Livingston who I had to pay £475k in compensation for, Alfie O’Hara from Aldershot for £120k, Bretislav Pokorny (who I’ve been chasing for 3 or 4 seasons now) from Newport County for £150k and Jazz Martin who rejoins us on a season long loan after having such a successful year with us last year.

We should have enough strength and depth in the squad now to hopefully cover all but the worst injuries and give us a chance of staying in the league.

Season tickets have soared again as we now have 1614 season ticket holders (604 more than last year) and on top of that, we were selling out for most games last season so maybe a stadium expansion could be on the cards soon :D.

One more piece of positive news is that our scouting network has been upgraded :D which means we can now scout Europe!

Looks like the league will be to priority this year. Cups may add some cash, but avoiding relegation will be to main job. But we all have faith! :)

How has John Hargreaves developed?

He's progressing quite nicely since his move from Corby 5 years ago for 350 quid. At the time my scouts said he'd develop into a good Championship striker and at the minute, it's looking that way. He's definitely our best striker and in his 5 years he's managed to knock in 64 league goals for us which isn't too bad. Still at 21 years old, I'm hoping he can develop a bit more and hopefully fire us to the Premier League :D

Avoiding relegation would be a fantastic season.
You can avoid I think, and you should get stadium expansion soon
Looks like the league will be to priority this year. Cups may add some cash, but avoiding relegation will be to main job. But we all have faith! :)
Hope your signings pay off for you and you can avoid relegation. :)

Cheers guys :thup:.

A nice personal milestone :D

500games.png

Some other good news...my 'keeper Steve Overton who I signed 4 years from little non league side Gainsborough for 275 quid has been touted to have a bright future ahead of him.

SteveOverton-2.png

Not a bad comparison

SteveOvertonnextPeterShilton.png

...not so good that he wants a move to a bigger club though

An interesting scenario has happened as my name has been linked with a club I'd very much like to take charge of. While it's only a rumour, I reckon I've got a good chance of getting it...but what do I do? :confused:

Rangersrumour.png

Unfortunately nothing materialised with the Rangers offer as they opted for Stuart McCall instead :(. I can only assume it was for this reason!

Cracking looking goalkeeper.

I'm quite surprised at how good he's turning out to be considering I originally signed him up as a 'back-up!' :D

Congrats on reaching 500 matches!

Thanks cerud. :thup:

Probably for the best that you're staying.

I think you're probably right. Although I think I would still like to move to a 'big' club at some stage in this career.

Overton does look good.

He's just handed in a transfer request :( which I accepted. He is contracted for another 4 years though so unless the board accept an offer on my behalf, it'll have to be a good offer to let him go.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2020/21 : Mid-season update

npower Championship : We started the season on fire as we won 5 out of our first 7 games which put us 3rd in the table and left most people, including myself, scratching our heads. Could we make it 3 straight promotions? In short…no. Whether it was because we were the new boys of the division or because we were an unknown quantity and teams were underestimating us, it soon changed and as we reach the midway point of the season, we find ourselves lurking (as expected at the start of the season) around the bottom end of the table. With goals difficult to come by (we’re the 3rd lowest scorers in the division) and the likes of John Hargreaves finding it difficult to hit the back of the net it’s no real surprise that we’ve only had 3 wins in 18 games since. However, the season’s only objective was for us to avoid an immediate return to League One and given the fact that in contrast with our low goal tally, we’re managing to keep the goals out as we’re one of the top teams in the league in the goals against column. If we can continue that trend and start knocking in a few goals at the other end, I’m fairly confident of us escaping the drop. To help us with that, I’ve brought in just one player as Willie Foley joins us on a free from Cork City to help with the lack of width in our squad.

Onto the cup competitions and we did better than was expected in the Carling Cup as we made it to the 3rd round (the furthest we’ve ever got) where Aston Villa narrowly beat us 1-0 and we’ve drawn Torquay United, who sit bottom of League One, in the FA Cup 3rd round.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : Nothing other than survival. Although we’re clearly not good enough for the Championship, for us to go back down would really be a step backward for us now.

You'll be able to stay up now, just need confidence
Easily doing enough.
Staying up should be attainable. You have points on the clubs lower than you; it's just a matter of maintaining the margin.
Head above water. Hope you carry on swimming.

Hopefully, you're right but we're still struggling for form at the minute :(. Had an interesting offer too...

Love that Stuart McCall video; still makes me laugh every time I see it! :D

Me too. It's gotta be one of the best clips along with the Freddie Flintoff clip.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2020/21 : Review

npower Championship/npower Championship progress : We started the season as heavy favourites to go straight back down to League One and after an indifferent start to the season, the midway point saw us struggling to score goals and in danger of proving the doubters right as we hovered above the relegation zone. After the new year though goals seemed to flow more as we knocked in 34 goals (a third extra on top of what we scored in the first half of the season) and 10 wins, 5 draws and just 6 losses were enough to ensure that we stayed in the Championship :).

FA Cup : We made it to the 5th round for the 2nd successive year as Premier League side Fulham halted our progress after beating us 2-1.

Carling Cup : We went the furthest we’ve ever been in this competition as we made it to the 3rd round before Aston Villa ended our hopes.

Transfers : Quite a lot of activity for us at the start of the season as David Parry came in from Forfar, Keith Dodds from Bournemouth, Dominic Forsyth from Tranmere Rovers, David McCabe from Cliftonville, Keith Hadley from Glentoran, Glen O’Neill from Birmingham City and Adam Thompson all on free transfers. Colin Johnson came in from Watford for £1k, Stephen Dingwall arrived from Livingston for £475k, Alfie O’Hara from Aldershot for £120k, Bretislav Pokorny from Newport County for £150k and Jazz Martin for a second successive loan spell while we made just the one signing in the January transfer window as Willie Foley arrived from Cork City on a free.

Squad : I wasn’t too hopeful of us pulling up any trees this year as I knew the quality (or lack of) we had in our squad compared to the likes of Wigan, Leeds, Birmingham, etc just wasn’t even a comparison. But, the lads proved everyone wrong and comfortably avoided the pre-season predictions of relegation to easily finish mid table. Veteran Calum Elliot was our leading marksman as he found the net 12 times while new signing Alfie O’Hara had a decent first season as he grabbed 8 goals. It wasn’t a season to remember for John Hargreaves though as he failed to reach the heights we expect of him as he grabbed just 7 goals and our promising ‘keeper Steve Overton is making noises again about moving with the likes of Wigan and Bolton waiting in the wings.

Finances : Looking very good as our debut season in the Championship has helped to put us £2 million in the black.

My views of the season… : A great season for us as nobody gave us a chance of survival yet we comfortably finished mid table.

My aims for next season… : I’m tempted to say a mid table finish like this season but I suppose I have to be realistic and say that for us to avoid relegation again would be another great year for us…if I’m still here…

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup Winners
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     [b]1st[/b]      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, Isthmian Charity Shield Winners
2014/15  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       13th     -
2015/16  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       3rd      Lost in the play-off final
2016/17  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier    		       [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2017/18  Coalville Town     npower League Two  			       4th      Lost in the play-off final
2018/19  Coalville Town     npower League Two			       [b]3rd[/b]      Promotion to npower League One (automatic)
2019/20  Coalville Town     npower League One   		       [b]2nd[/b]      Promotion to npower Championship (automatic)
2020/21  Coalville Town     npower Championship			       13th     -

[b]Bold[/b] indicates promotion
[i]Italic[/i] indicates relegation

An overall excellent first season in the second tier. :thup:
Indeed. Cracking mid table finish.
Definitely adapted well after a while.
A mid-table finish is great! Will give you a chance to build the club and make a push for higher.
Cracking work since I last checked this. Well done mate.
A very good first season in the Championship,hope it has given you some good foundations to build upon.

Thanks guys :thup:

...so what interesting news do you have? :D
Nice work in the Championship but I feel a move coming on... ;)

DodgeeD isn't far off...

Archived