From the terraces to the top...hopefully!

Raware

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       1st      League Champions, Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup Winners
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     1st      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      1st      League Champions, Isthmian Charity Shield Winners
2014/15  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       13th     -
2015/16  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       3rd      -
2016/17  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier    		       1st      League Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2017/18  Coalville Town     npower League Two  			       4th      -
2018/19  Coalville Town     npower League Two			       3rd	Promotion to npower League One

Trophies

[b]Evo-Stik League First Division South[/b]		2011/12

[b]Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup[/b] 				2011/12

[b]Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division[/b]		2012/13

[b]Blue Square Bet North[/b] 				2013/14

[b]Isthmian Charity Shield[/b]	 			2013/14

[b]Blue Square Bet Premier[/b]				2016/17

[b]FA Trophy[/b]					2016/17

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loving this so far Raware, another great promotion :D

Thanks HC. Glad you're enjoying it. I know I am :D

Just spent some time reading this thread, not sure how I missed it before now lol. Great stuff so far, congratulations on the promotion. Surely you would not leave any time soon would you?

Thanks AcidBurn. It depends what offer I'd get if was to leave but it's feeling more like I've probably taken Coalville as far as I can. The wage budget is non existant as is the transfer budget, players are beginning to want to move to bigger clubs and want bigger wages which I can't afford to give them and their contracts are due to run out soon. Not sure what the next couple of years have in store really but I'm being linked to a few clubs most recently Wolves, West Brom and Burnley although nothing has been offered to me yet.

Another promotion, you're really starting to climb up the leagues now! COTR! (Come on The Ravens! :D)

Will be interesting to see how much longer you stay with Coalville for. Surely, you're going to get to a point when your progress stalls somewhat, when you'll need a fair bit of patience before getting to that next level. It is possible though, take Pangaea's thread, for example, but for me personally, I'd be planning an escape route, just in case :)

Another promotion, you're really starting to climb up the leagues now! COTR! (Come on The Ravens! :D)

Will be interesting to see how much longer you stay with Coalville for. Surely, you're going to get to a point when your progress stalls somewhat, when you'll need a fair bit of patience before getting to that next level. It is possible though, take Pangaea's thread, for example, but for me personally, I'd be planning an escape route, just in case :)

Thanks AK. I was expecting the stall a couple of seasons ago really when we reached the football league but it never happened and we seemed to adapt to League Two fairly easily. Next season however in League One could see that stall especially with our lack of finances and players' contracts due to expire soon.

I follow Pangaea's thread and am amazed at how well he's done over the years. Patience is something which he's definitely shown to get to where he has...whether I have that same patience though, I'm not sure. I'm starting to feel the lure of a bigger club.

Cracking job getting another promotion :thup:

It would be great if you could take Coalville even higher but going on what you have been saying about your budgets etc an offer from a bigger club may be hard to turn down now.

Cheers City. I'd love to try and take Coalville as high as possible but it all depends on what happens financially over the next few years and what, if any offers come my way. I'd say it's 50/50 at the minute whether I decide to leave yet. We'll see how it goes this season...I might even get the boot if we live up to the pre-season predictions of whipping boys of the division.

A sad, sad day for Coalville Town as Alan Lynch has been released now his contract has expired :(

AlanLynch-9.png

AlanLynchhistory.png

The man has been an absolute legend for both me and Coalville Town and instrumental in our rise up the leagues. Unfortunately though there comes a time when you hit the glass ceiling and he was no longer able to perform at the level we're now at. He's left a legacy behind him and will be difficult to relplace but the man will remain one of my best ever signings and favourite players on any Football Manager game :).

A shame :( but what a great career he had at Coalville!

Will be interesting to see where he ends up, maybe back in non league.

A crying shame but he couldn't perform at the level we're now at and with such a crap wage budget I couldn't afford to spend money on a player that won't be any good for us.

And for the next 3 months the board will moan that the fans are displeased with the decision to let him go.

Probably! Damn boards...never satisfied.

Wow, what a career he's had.

Probably one of my all time favourite FM players...along with Tonton Moukoko :D

I hate when that happens

Me too but no choice really.

Congrats on the promotion.Lynch as a loyal servant for you and did very well.Hopefully the fans will stay off your back!

Thanks BWG. Although he made the Coalville favoured list he should've at least made the legend list I reckon!

Doing well mate plenty of Promotions! It is hard to say bye to some of the players who get you up I had ahard time releasing some of my players.

Thanks. It is, especially when you grow to be so affiliated with some of them.

I feel like we should have a ceremony for this Alan Lynch.

Or is that going to far?

Not at all. I think that's a great idea. Maybe a part in the FMCU Legends thread? ;)

not sure how I haven't seen this thread before, but just read through the majority and have to give props for a great career at Coalville so far!

Thanks Paul. Nice to see you following. Have enjoyed some of yours in the past too, in particularly the FC Libourne thread :thup:.

• 4 weeks later...
I miss the Ravens :(

I've just not had time to play recently :(. Plus I think I'm at that stage where I'm having an FM break. I usually go a few months solidly playing it then a month or so having a break. Hopefully I'll get time to play soon :)

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2019/20: Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

npower League One : Board expectation - Safe mid table position : Media expectation - 23rd (out of 24)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 2nd round

Carling Cup : Learn from the experience

Johnstone’s Paint Trophy : 2nd round

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £16.3k p/w

Current wage bill : £17.7k p/w

Season tickets sold : 1010 (+378 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : So with us now in League One and with the media expecting us to finish 23rd, not to mention no transfer budget this season (although the wage budget has been increased), the board are expecting us to finish comfortably mid table :eek:; slight pressure on us then. My expectations however are a little lower and I’ll be happy if we can finish 20th and avoid an immediate return to League Two. To help us try and achieve that, during the pre-season transfer window I’ve brought in Luke Shaw from Millwall and veteran Dexter Blackstock both on free transfers and Jazz Martin and Filip Degoricija both on year long loan deals.

As for the financial and club side of things, things are hopefully starting to progress a little faster for us now as we’ve nearly doubled our season ticket holders from 632 to 1010 and with our new stadium now a year old, we’re finally getting more people in as we’re averaging nearly 4000 a game.

Isn't that Luke Shaw, the highly rated left back at Southampton currently? If so, don't let the Soton researcher see as he'll cry :D. Oh and Dexter Blackstock :cool:.

Yeah, it's the same Luke Shaw but he doesn't seem to have reached the lofty heights on my save that he's been touted to reach in real life :(. As for Dexter...well, as a Forest fan (as you know) it's only right that I signed him :D.

• 3 weeks later...

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2019/20 : Mid-season update

npower League One : Pre-season saw us down as one of the favourites for relegation this year but as we reach the midway point of the season, we find ourselves surprisingly in a play-off place much to everyone’s surprise, including my own. An 11 match unbeaten run and 19 goals between our two strikers Calum Elliot and John Hargreaves seem to have put to bed any concerns we had about adapting to League One and really, we shouldn’t be anywhere near what everyone predicted for us at the start of the season now.

As for the cup competitions; well, after drawing Championship side Leeds United in the 1st round of the Carling Cup at Elland Road, it’s no real surprise that we’re out. We did make the Northern Quarter Final of the Johnstone’s Paint Pot though in which we unluckily went out on penalties to Hereford United after a 1-1 draw and we’re still in the FA Cup…probably not for much longer though as we’ve drawn Premiership outifit Wigan Athletic at home.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : Although we find ourselves in the play-off places currently, I can’t really say it was a realistic goal for us at the start of the season and I’ll still be more than happy if we can make a top half finish. Pessimistic? Not really when you consider our expectations and where we were predicted to finish at the start of the season. For us to go straight up to the Championship would probably hinder us in the long run and given our finances or lack of, we wouldn’t be able to get the players in that were needed for us to stay in the Championship.

As we hit the midway point of the season, I’ve been given the option to change our season expectations and with us comfortably exceeding our pre-season target, I’ve changed our target to a top half finish which free’s up a bit of cash for us and allows to maneuver a little bit more with players with regards to wages :).

Changeexpectations.png

Brilliant career so far mate!

Cheers HH :thup:

Blimey, what's that I see on the horizon? The Championship?!

It's getting closer :D

Although I'm now encountering random crash dumps :(

crashdump.png

There's no pattern to when they happen, just when it feels like it. Not sure why.

Yayy your back :D I love this thread!!!

Cheers buzz :D

Hope they don't dump too much inconvenience on you, still loads to do yet.
Looking good at the halfway point,hope the crash dumps don't ruin this.

Cheers fellas. I'm hoping they don't it ruin too! Still having a few dumps but I've resorted to saving after every game now just in case. Just a pain having to boot up FM every so often :(.

Cheers fellas. I'm hoping they don't it ruin too! Still having a few dumps but I've resorted to saving after every game now just in case. Just a pain having to boot up FM every so often :(.

I know the feeling, used to update my career diary as I went along (which I do sometimes again now) so before I stopped, there was so much rewriting to do as well.

That's what I have to do these days...just had a crash a few minutes ago as well.

It used to crash a lot more, but I got rid of my logos (:() and now it's a bit more manageable...

Good to see you around again, Raware! :) Hope this career is salvagable from the crash dumps.
You have made loads of progress since I last viewed this thread and it looks as if you could be in for consecutive promotions!

Thanks guys

I know the feeling, used to update my career diary as I went along (which I do sometimes again now) so before I stopped, there was so much rewriting to do as well.
That's what I have to do these days...just had a crash a few minutes ago as well.

It used to crash a lot more, but I got rid of my logos and now it's a bit more manageable...

The crashes are actually getting more regular and I'm probably having a crash every 2-3 gametime days now :(. It's definitely trying my patience and I'm not sure if I can carry on playing like this :(. Any idea why the crashe are happening and how to stop them? Maybe something to do with the add on file I loaded at the start...

Raware, create a thread in the relevant forum and see if some of the SI guys can fix it.

Cheers NF, I will do.

It's probably all the conflicts from the xml files. That's why I quit my other thread in the first place. Post in the Bugs forum like NF said and see if SI can help you with the problem...

I'm thinking the same although uncle ron's xml files are usually ok. I saw you write somewhere about a problem with the add/remove leagues feature and the regens created. Is this true? I added Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland and Portugal recently and while I obviously expected it to slow down my gae, I didn't think it would to this extent.

Bad news on the crash front

Hope it can be fixed; we want to see The Ravens in the Premier League!

Me too :)

I hate crashes.

:(

Yeah...the add/remove leagues is what killed my last save. I couldn't get past a single match without crashing.

I hope it doesn't get that bad! :eek:

Removing leagues does help. I'm doing a very similar thing atm but with Tipton Town btw

These crashes have coincided with me adding leagues so does this mean when I remove them at the end of the season, theoretically the crashes should stop?

Archived