From the terraces to the top...hopefully!

Raware

Career Summary

Season   Team               League          		              Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12  Coalville Town     Evo-Stik League First Division South       [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup Winners
2012/13  Coalville Town     Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division     [b]1st[/b]      League Champions
2013/14  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet North                      [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, Isthmian Charity Shield Winners
2014/15  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       13th     -
2015/16  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier		       3rd      Lost in the play-off final
2016/17  Coalville Town     Blue Square Bet Premier    		       [b]1st[/b]      League Champions, FA Trophy Winners
2017/18  Coalville Town     npower League Two  			       4th      Lost in the play-off final
2018/19  Coalville Town     npower League Two			       [b]3rd[/b]      Promotion to npower League One (automatic)
2019/20  Coalville Town     npower League One   		       [b]2nd[/b]      Promotion to npower Championship (automatic)
2020/21  Coalville Town     npower Championship			       13th     -

[b]Bold[/b] indicates promotion
[i]Italic[/i] indicates relegation

Trophies

[b]Evo-Stik League First Division South[/b]		2011/12

[b]Evo-Stik Chairmans Cup[/b] 				2011/12

[b]Ryman Isthmian League Premier Division[/b]		2012/13

[b]Blue Square Bet North[/b] 				2013/14

[b]Isthmian Charity Shield[/b]	 			2013/14

[b]Blue Square Bet Premier[/b]				2016/17

[b]FA Trophy[/b]					2016/17

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't go. Championship v Irish side? No brainer. Stay put.
No contest, you should stay.
I'd say stay as well and see if you can take Coalville one step higher :)
I'd definitely stay at Coalville over going to Glentoran.
Yeah odd move unless you're either sick of England or have some sort of emotional connection with Glentoran. I've made odd/backwards moves before but only if it's to a club I desperately want to manage.
Reject them.
I'd stay too.
Surely you've got to try and get the Ravens into the 'Promised Land' before jumping ship?
Without a doubt you should stay.
amazing thread. definitely stay. get a premier league title before you move
Stay !!! Confratz on staying up btw

Wow. Everyone reckons I should stay?! I was actually going to take it as I would like to manage in Northern Ireland at some point...

Go for winning the title in England first then do it in a smaller country like Northern Ireland.

So...I followed everyone's advice and turned it down. Hope my feet just don't get any more itchier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
has this thread ended? i miss the updates

Nope, not ended. I've been in the Ukraine for the past couple of weeks cheering on the boys!

Now I'm back, I'm might fire up FM! :)

woohoooo glad ur back

Thanks buzz :)

I think you made the right decision to stay.

I think so too.

How was Ukraine? Any exciting tales to share?

It was an unbelievable experience! As for tales...I have lots :D.

We're in that crowd somewhere singing our hearts out! What an amaing night. Went to the game, won 3-2 stayed out until 7am, slept on a park bench for an hour or so, got up, went to the Irish bar for breakfast and carried on until 4am the next morning! Oh...and was also drinking with Kammy and Jeff!!! :)

It's bad enough watching England play on the tv, never mind spending a fortune to go to Ukraine to watch them.

Tell me about it Nobby! :) Was well worth the money though as it was an incredible experience and one I'll remember forever.

That's an amazing trip! I've already had the wife promise that we'll go to a few Premier League matches whenever we make it to England :) I've got her hooked on MLS now too!

Looks like you had a great time :D

I think Brazil 2014 will have a fantastic atmosphere, and could turn out to be one of the best WC for fans participation (and stadium sell-outs!). Definitely worth going, if you can IMO :)

You were following England and you had a great experience!

I was just as surprised as you! ;)

That's an amazing trip! I've already had the wife promise that we'll go to a few Premier League matches whenever we make it to England. I've got her hooked on MLS now too!

That's what I like to hear! If you do make a visit to the UK, a few Premier League matches are a must! Hopefully, after today it'll be Forest in the Premier League that you'll be watching! :D

It's unbelievable!

A very nice bloke. Down to earth too.

Looks like you had a great time.

I think Brazil 2014 will have a fantastic atmosphere, and could turn out to be one of the best WC for fans participation (and stadium sell-outs!). Definitely worth going, if you can IMO

I think so too (well, never better than Italia '90 imo but I guess the nostalgia from 1990 will always be with me). I'll be tempted to go if I can get tickets.

He must have taken some happy pills.

Just beer Nobby :D!

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2021/22: Preview

League expectation

-------------------------

npower Championship : Board expectation - Safe mid table position : Media expectation - 18th (out of 24)

Cup expectations

---------------------

FA Cup : 3rd round

Carling Cup : 2nd round

Transfer budget : £1.7 million

Wage budget : £62k p/w

Current wage bill : £59.5k p/w

Season tickets sold : 1639 (+25 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : With such a surprisingly great debut season for us in the Championship which saw us finish 13th (no where near 24th as the so called ‘experts’ predicted), this year is probably the most important year of all in my 10 year tenancy at the club. While there’s no doubt I want to build on our progress, the dreaded 2nd season scenario is never too far away and we have to be careful that we don’t fall in to that trap. To help us try and achieve that, during the pre-season transfer window I’ve brought in Chris Roberts from Chesterfield for £325k, Jazz Martin (who joins us on a permanent basis after 2 successful loan seasons with us) from Manchester United on a free transfer, Ivan Lazic from Mladost CKB on a free, Petr Kadlec from Hradec Kralove for £55k, Ian Morrison from Coventry City for £300k, Marko Vesovic on a free transfer, Phil Ferguson on a seasons long loan from Manchester United, Vanco Veljanovski from Varazdin and Norman Kurauzvione from Pribram who I smashed the clubs transfer record to bring in.

Out the door saw a few old faces go as I reluctantly said goodbye to Calum Elliot, Antonio Danciu, Mihai Popa and Laste Dombaxe (who in is 9 years with us broke the club appearance record as he accumulated 303 league appearances for us) as they unfortunately were no longer able to perform at the level we’re now at.

While there’s no doubt our squad is fairly thin on the ground (just 23 squad players), I’m fairly confident that we’ve strengthened enough to keep us in the division for another season and I’ll be aiming for another mid table finish. Given our, not poor, but lowly financial predicament, it’s all about consolidation at the minute.

CoalvilleTown.png

Coalville Town

Season 2021/22 : Mid-season update

npower Championship : We’ve had a great first half of the season winning 13 out of our 23 games which leaves us sitting surprisingly in a play-off place at the halfway point of the season. Much of that is down to our front pair John Hargreaves who’s already netted double what he did in all of last season and our new signing Norman Kurauzvione who’s settled in well scoring 8 goals in 24 games as well as our Irish midfielder Willie Foley who’s chipped in with some important goals and assists. We’re still a little thin on the ground though as both of our Montenegrin players have left during the January transfer window although I have brought in two players in the form of promising Brazilian winger Marcao and Scottish goalkeeper Craig Holmes (who’s been touted as the next Craig Gordon) to try and make up our squad numbers. We’ve also agreed to sign young promising Scottish striker Mark Maxwell but he doesn’t sign until the summer once his contract has expired.

As for the cups and as usual, we’re out of the Carling Cup after Liverpool disposed of us in the 4th round, although this is the furthest we’ve ever reached in this cup which is pleasing and we’ve drawn league leaders Newcastle United in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

My aims for the remainder of the season… : I’m very tempted to say a sneaky play-off push but there’s still a long way to go and with such a small squad and with injuries and suspensions coming in to play now, plus no transfer fee or wages to offer, I guess I have to be realistic and aim for a mid-table to top half finish. Still excellent progress though if we can achieve that.

Still be good being in the playoff hunt.
Very promising first half to the season,hopefully you can keep that up and claim a playoff spot.
Very good first half of the season.

Cheers fellas. It would be nice although if we do drop off the pace, I won't be too disappointed as safety and consolidation was my only priority this season. It is getting quite frustrating though with the lack of transfer money and wages meaning we're missing out on a few great players who's contracts are expiring at the end of the season. We just can't offer them any kind of wage :(.

I've just read through this and I have to say it's a fantastic thread, just get that English Hero before you jump ship!

Thanks Rikulec :thup:. Glad you're enjoying it :). I think I will have to stay to try and take The Ravens to the Premier League :D

With just a few games of the season left I received this in my inbox :D.

extrafunds.png

Makes things a little easier for us and gives us a chance to strengthen the squad ready for next season :D

Fantastic thread, what happened to Lynch. Also please stay with the ravens untill the Premier league.

Thanks :D. Lynch retired a season after leaving us and is currently a free agent. I've tried signing him as a coach, he agrees terms and then rejects the offer :(.

I've never seen a message like that! :)

Me neither...I'll definitely have more of them though :D. I've already spent the money...before they decide to take it away from me!

Archived