FM11.3 - Brazilian u18 regen work permit problem

*I've posted this in the FM11 bugs forum, but thought I'd put it here too as I'm not sure if it is a bug!*

I'm interested in signing a 17yo Brazilian regen who plays for Corinthians. My scout says he would probably fail to gain a work permit, but would probably be accepted on appeal.

Another Brazilian club offered a loan deal (with future fee) for him, which was accepted. I then offered £750k (full transfer) and it was accepted.

I offered a contract to him and a few days later got a message in my inbox saying that he had accepted my offer. However, the next message in my inbox was that the player had accepted the loan offer from the Brazilian club too?

Now when you click on his profile he is on loan at the Brazilian club until the end of the year with a future fee. However, on the profile screen it says "Awaiting permit for West Ham move", but there is no date for the decision? This has now been the case for 2 (game) months...

Is this something to do with it being outside of the transfer window (it was February), or can work permits not be granted to Brazilians until they are 18?

Or is this simply a bug?

Archived