Unreal Newgens and Regens

What makes no sense? There have been three different systems for generating new players in the game. Regens back in the days of CM' date=' newgens in FM2005-2006 (maybe in cm4 as well, can't be sure) and the current FRED system. The latter produces players that are not regenerated from retired players and not connected to them in any way whatsoever.[/quote']

Ok, i now understand the system, but not the process?? What does teh FRED do differently to a "newgen"?? How are they generated and in what form?? So in the new FRED system if 100 players retired in the first season, 100 "FRED's" are not generated and it becomes a random number of to how many are??

Ok, i now understand the system, but not the process?? What does teh FRED do differently to a "newgen"?? How are they generated and in what form?? So in the new FRED system if 100 players retired in the first season, 100 "FRED's" are not generated and it becomes a random number of to how many are??

Pretty much. There are many, many more FRED's every year than there are retiring players. Think of how your youth income works. There's a couple of decent ones usually and the rest will be released and vanish into obscurity i.e retire. If you had 100 FRED's replacing 100 retired players the player count would go down drastically within a couple of years.

Regen - Old player retired, new player came into the save game as a replacement with same abilities.

Newgen - Old player retired new random player came into the save game.

FREDS - Random players enter the save game without any link to retiring players.

FREDS are being used since FM 2007 IIRC.

As simple as that. :)

Pretty much. There are many' date=' many more FRED's every year than there are retiring players. Think of how your youth income works. There's a couple of decent ones usually and the rest will be released and vanish into obscurity i.e retire. If you had 100 FRED's replacing 100 retired players the player count would go down drastically within a couple of years.[/quote']

So, This Alex Ferguson guy :confused:

:lol: :lol:

Regen - Old player retired, new player came into the save game as a replacement with same abilities.

Newgen - Old player retired new random player came into the save game. <-------- This seems the best option to me!

FREDS - Random players enter the save game without any link to retiring players.

FREDS are being used since FM 2007 IIRC.

As simple as that. :)

AS Above :).

Newgens don't exist as well. :(

Seriously some of you should just calm down. I was only joking.

FREDs are a type of newgen, it's still the same system.

FREDs are also obsolete now as we have a further evolution of newgen available again in FM12.

I interpreted regen as a newborn copy of an existing player and newgen as a newly generated player, or a FRED as you call it. What's that short for?

Was a name Miles made up to differentiate between the newgens and the new style of newgen introduced. Was literally just a name he pulled out of the air.

I think my only real contribution to this discussion is this : I holidayed a mere 4 seasons so I could look at how players progress etc, and to see how the regens work out. 4 seasons into my test game there are 13 players with a PA over 190, 11 of them are newgens. 72 players have PA over 180, 30 of them are newgens, so I'm going to work on the assumption that randomly, this game just happened to generate more players over 190 than usual.

All this said, how the players are handled determines really how well they turn out. I know I've played a lot of games where I don't make it past season 2, I imagine there are a lot of people who lose interest in their games after only a few seasons. In the long term saves I have played (long term being over 4 seasons) I have a habit of setting up a team to survive the first couple of seasons and then focus my attentions on digging up the good regens.

When I play my long term save, I don't look at the genie scout info I've provided above, makes the game no fun if you already know the outcome. But I know they're out there, the regens are there if I go and find them, buying them after some silly computer manager has had them is a waste, those guys are good at wrecking players :) So my goal is to make the best scouting network, and the best youth system in the world, it's not super hard to do, it actually winds up being more of a problem trying to keep everyone happy.

Is it just me or is there an abundance of newgens with a determination attribute 20?

And at a very young age of like 15/16.

It's not you. Loads of them have very high Determination at a very early age. It happened on FM 11.3 as well.

• 2 months later...

Archived