••• FM Commentary Pack •••

••• FM Commentary Pack 2015 •••

]

Thread2013-1.png

Date of this release: 30th January 2015.

Hi everyone,

Just done a small update to keep the ball rolling and edit out some errors I've found. As always don't be shy of letting me know if you spot any I may have missed.

Additionally, if you have any suggestions for lines you'd like to submit then just let me know and I'll see if they can be fitted in.

Download links

Gamefront:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24768391/Match+Events+V2.rar

Sendspace:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/o84y2u

MediaFire:

https://www.mediafire.com/?o2661nbogqw5q0a

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I know what you meant mate. "The referees a winker" wasn't anything personal of course but as a former ref, I bet you've had some ripe comments head your way!

If you'd like to submit anything you've experienced in your time on the pitch, please feel free to do so and I'll see if I can get them into the game commentary.

All the usual - but alas unrepeatable in many cases -. As an assistant, or in my day Linesman I got the lot, the most popular been "Oi! stick that flag up your a***".

The songs are the most amusing, such as [To the tune of Clementine] "Who's your father?, who's your father?, who's your father?, referee, you're a B******, you ain't got one your a B****** referee"

I used to chat to players during the game and I found that helps although I did get one jumping up and down on the spot like a 5 year old when I sent him off in a Semi-final that I thought we would have to get the trainer to administer a large dummy and nappies.

Nice work, Seafire!

I am editing one commentary pack for my own language at the moment. The structure of events.cfg file seems pretty straightforward. But I am having trouble understanding all those numerical parameters. Could you help me understand what they means? For example:

## AERIAL CHALLENGE: Player beats his marker in the air

= 644, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0

> 10, 1500, 3

I know the second line is the event code. It seems that only the first number matters, doesn't it? And for the third line I presume the middle number controls the duration of that commentary line, but what do the first and last number do?

Thank you very much for your help! Again, your work inspires me!

To blimey:

Ah, now we're getting a bit deep here. I've been trying for years to discover not only what they mean but how they interact in the game. I've made a little progress and I keep experimenting with them from time to time but what I have so far regarding these 'event handlers' is a bit limited. Anyway, using the following 'event' as an example:

# EVENT_RESTART_GOAL_KICK

= 55, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0,

> 20, 900, 53

The first number of the line (the '= 55,' bit) is the Event ID. Put simply, it's the event line number. In this case, it's the 55th event in the event file list. In FM2012 there are 1061 events numbered sequentially from 0 to 1061.

The next number (0,) represents the events Priority. What this means exactly and how it relates to the commentary I've yet to discover but its very name seems to indicate that it sets the priority of a line over another. Set to zero, as in this case, seems to suggest that this particular line carries no priority.

The next number (0,) tells the game if the event 'Is Silent' or not. In other words, it sets events (the commentary text) to display or non-display. The 0 here shows that the event will display in the game. If it were set to 1, the event wouldn't display in the game.

The next number (0,) represents the events Follow On setting (0 or 1). Again, what this means exactly and how it relates to the commentary I've yet to discover but it seems to suggest that it sets the next line to be displayed.

The next number (0,) controls the flashing text element in the game - like when a goal is scored. Set to 1 will make the text flash whilst setting it to 0 will display 'static' text.

As for the remaining numbers in this line (0, 0, 1, 0,), these refer to 'Report Count', 'Centre Sound', 'Wait On Sound', 'Game Leadup'. Again, I have yet to discover what these actually do although I have a vague idea.

Now, the next set of numbers - > 20, 900, 53 - are easier to deal with.

Taken one at a time, these mean:

> 20 = The 'probability factor' of the line.

In other words its the likelihood of this line appearing on screen. If there were two lines in an event (one numbered 20 and the other 90), the one with the lowest 'probability factor' would display more frequently than the other each time the event is called by the game. Usual range is 10 - 90.

The next number in this line (900,) is simply the 'Delay factor'. In other words, how long the commentary text will stay on screen. In this case, it would be for 900 milliseconds.

Finally, the 53 part is the 'Sound ID' which, if I'm not mistaken, governs which background sound (crowd noise etc) to play when this event happens.

Will this mod conflict with soundpack ones? They both change event.cfg

Yes it will.

In order to use a modified soundpack (non SI original) you'd need to copy the modified code (for example = 515, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, SOUND_APPLAUSE, SOUND_DISAPPOINTMENT_OPPOSITION) from your modified events.cfg to the appropriate lines in mine. It's a laborious job - or can be depending on how many modified lines of code there are in your events.cfg file of course.

any chance of a shortened version for half time comments...kinda slows the game down a bit....excellent work on the commentary though..Love it!!!

Yes, very much so mate.

At the moment, I'm going through the Full Time comments and editing them down. When I've done them, my next focus will be to do a similar job on the Half Time ones.

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments, they're really appreciated.

And the bad news is...

My computer recently stopped working - loads of beeps, buzzes, shut-downs and intermittent restarts etc. I've turned to my old computer (only one previous owner - Noah) so I can continue doing the commentary. The downside is that this computer can't handle Football Manager so I can't test anything in-game. I shan't be able to afford a new computer until January at the earliest so I'll just continue this way. Shouldn't really be a problem doing it this way for now though.

And the good news is...

I'm still ploughing through the editing of the Full Time comments and have another 16 to get through as I write. With any luck, I'll be offering this 'mini update' for download before Christmas.

Once that's done, my attention will turn to doing a similar edit job on the Half Time comments and from there, it'll be onwards and upwards!

And the bad news is...

My computer recently stopped working - loads of beeps, buzzes, shut-downs and intermittent restarts etc. I've turned to my old computer (only one previous owner - Noah) so I can continue doing the commentary. The downside is that this computer can't handle Football Manager so I can't test anything in-game. I shan't be able to afford a new computer until January at the earliest so I'll just continue this way. Shouldn't really be a problem doing it this way for now though.

That is a shame mate although depending on the problem it could be fixed.

And the good news is...

I'm still ploughing through the editing of the Full Time comments and have another 16 to get through as I write. With any luck, I'll be offering this 'mini update' for download before Christmas.

Once that's done, my attention will turn to doing a similar edit job on the Half Time comments and from there, it'll be onwards and upwards!

That is nice to know and looking forward

Yeah, I'll look into having it repaired before I consider buying new. Depends on the cost of both options really. I've found I can pick up a new tower that has the specs I need for about £200. It comes without an OS but that's not a problem, I'll just install windows on it and away we go! But, as you say, repair might be the cheaper way to go.

Whichever option I go for though won't, as I've said, stop me carrying on with the commentary. Even if I have to write it all out longhand until I sort the computer problem, I'll still keep doing it!

just one problems ive found with this pack, one of the comments says something like "<p1> is pulling the trigger" (i have the speed at the top so it goes too fast to get it exactly :D)

I understand what you're saying but it's not a problem as such.

Playing FM at top speed will, as you say, make lines like "<p1> has his finger on the trigger...!" flash by, just as playing it at the slowest setting would make the lines hang for ages!

When I write the lines, I test them in game with the speed setting at mid-way and adjust the delay setting (1100 in this case) for the commentary accordingly. It'd be nigh on impossible to accomodate every individuals preffered speed settings I'm afraid short of releasing several different versions of the commentary with differing delay timings.

Having said all that, I do hope it's not spoiling your enjoyment too much.

INGAME ENGLISH: p1> has his finger on the trigger...! - line 24755

missing the < that is all i will do a search for any more

REPORT ENGLISH: p1> really made a meal of that block tackle - line 6842

REPORT ENGLISH: <••• p1> scored a magnificent solo effort! ••• - line 13087

REPORT ENGLISH: p1> caught the ball but it slipped free - line 17637

INGAME ENGLISH: p1> hammers his header home! His timing was superb - line 21529

REPORT ENGLISH: p1> hammered his header home - line 21530

Bunglefish

Ah, sorry buddy, I TOTALLY misunderstood you there didn't I? I guess your reference to speed threw me off course! My apologies mate.

Mufckingud7

Thanks again for your vigilant eye mate. Those errors have obviously been caused by being too quick with the copy & paste! It might have helped if I could run FM on this bloody ancient computer I'm having to use at the moment!

Still, I've posted a corrected version of the commentary pack now if anyone cares to download it. This contains the refreshed Half Time commentary I've done so far (10 groups). Just 25 to do now then I can get on with the bulk editing!

Cheers for the latest update

My pleasure mate.

Right now I'm working on the next update beginning at the top of the game with the 'Start Match' group. I'm then targeting the commentary that normally appears during a 'typical' match. I'll leave the lines like 'Match abandoned' etc to the very last!

I think it was this line that came up

INGAME ENGLISH: <p1> get the opening goal of the match!

<p1> referred to my GK whom helped setup the goal for my striker but it wasn't a direct setup

so to me it may need to change to something like

p1 was influential in the opening goal or maybe something similar to that only because p1 comes up as the GK or maybe test it out as p2?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived