Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted.  Our first season in the Champions League and we draw Barcelona + PSG in the group.  We finish tied on points with PSG, with a much better goal difference, but get knocked out after we drew in Paris 0-0 and drew in London 1-1, thus PSG go through on a single away goal scored against us :(.

2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, herne79 said:

Gutted.  Our first season in the Champions League and we draw Barcelona + PSG in the group.  We finish tied on points with PSG, with a much better goal difference, but get knocked out after we drew in Paris 0-0 and drew in London 1-1, thus PSG go through on a single away goal scored against us :(.

2.png

You're getting sacked in the morning! Sacked in the morning! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went into my pre-season friendly with Barca and was surprised to see them lining up with a 4-4-2. Thought maybe this was a radical experiment, but figured I'd check out who the manager was...

 

Dyche.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

No screenshot, but this just happened to me:

Hey club, I'll offer you 2.4M euro for your player.... Club rejects

Ok, how about 3.5M?... Club rejects

Will 4.4M change you opinion?.... Club rejects

Ok, how about 4.4M + 1.1M in installments (total 5.5M).... Club rejects

Ok, let me enquire. So what do you actually want?

Club responds 4.5M.... :seagull: I accept

 

Really? You want less to what I had offered previously?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So my Liverpool team thrashed Ajax 6-0 and the day after the match when I randomly view my profile I saw a new entry in my "worst opinion" list. And surprise, surprise, look who it is. Literally laughed out loud

20200908222153_1.jpg

20200908222202_1.jpg

20200908222209_1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2020 at 15:58, llDracoll said:

image.thumb.png.0e304e51f5bd7a8042398d7139b33e71.png

When you know nothing about geography.

LOL! What is it with Andorra? Didn't some guy not want to drive the 20 miles over to join your squad before?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2020 at 05:47, fmonit said:

No screenshot, but this just happened to me:

Hey club, I'll offer you 2.4M euro for your player.... Club rejects

Ok, how about 3.5M?... Club rejects

Will 4.4M change you opinion?.... Club rejects

Ok, how about 4.4M + 1.1M in installments (total 5.5M).... Club rejects

Ok, let me enquire. So what do you actually want?

Club responds 4.5M.... :seagull: I accept

 

Really? You want less to what I had offered previously?

 

 

No screenshot = didn't happen :p

 

They could've just been desperate for the cash upfront...financial problems or need it for another transfer. Just 4.5 was the magic number that's all!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greatness isn't what it used to be - came after League Cup. BBC Sussex is my very own Fox/OANN ;-)

2526_BHA_OANN.thumb.JPG.a0970074b1ed400477df8e50addbe435.JPG

Some clubs 'legacy building' is a bit easier than others: 1 Europa League, 3 Carabao Cups, 1 Community Shield, lol...

2526_BHA_KKIconic.thumb.JPG.a5597ac23c220bb824a0f38647309889.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2020 at 04:41, fivetwelvepony said:

I think I solved the 1v1 problem. Make it a 1v0.

image.thumb.png.25e493ca75cb61af827fb6438f492c6f.png

And did he score?

Not like this guy last weekend I hope:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

I'm flabbergasted, I've never had a 4.5 star CA intake...

 

Wow! Can we see his attributes? Hard to gauge how good he is considering the stars are relative to your squad, but still, that seems amazing regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Weston said:

Wow! Can we see his attributes? Hard to gauge how good he is considering the stars are relative to your squad, but still, that seems amazing regardless.

image.thumb.png.19b18c51570aa8e5cd2a097df21ebe93.png

I'm at level 8 in the pyramid (already won the league), he's rated as National League level, and can improve "a lot".

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my board need to give their heads a bit of a wobble. I think Euro qualification is a great acheivement as a tiny club like Bournemough, and being 3rd in the league after 3 games doesn't count as looking like qualifying for the Champions Cup...

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.09.19 - 14.29.50.80.png

Football Manager 2020 Screenshot 2020.09.19 - 14.29.35.62.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, the Portadown's manager wanted a bigger team in their Bet Mclean Cup quarter final draw. Do they not realise that Linfield is the best club in Northern Ireland, going by reputation, currently. Unless they invite foreign teams to play in this cup competition they will play no one better.

20200919224357_1.jpg

20200919224422_1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2020 at 22:54, north_london_fan said:

Apparently, the Portadown's manager wanted a bigger team in their Bet Mclean Cup quarter final draw. Do they not realise that Linfield is the best club in Northern Ireland, going by reputation, currently. Unless they invite foreign teams to play in this cup competition they will play no one better.

20200919224357_1.jpg

20200919224422_1.jpg

Are they the biggest club in terms of attendances? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mightypvfc said:

Are they the biggest club in terms of attendances? 

Yes, Linfield has the highest average attendance in the league so far. Apparently the Portadown manager played for us at some point.

Maybe he was on to something, as we lost that game 0-1.

20200921165634_1.jpg

20200921165550_1.jpg

20200921165602_1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DementedHammer said:

It looks like the goalkeeper was programmed to roll the ball out to the defender. However, the defender was no longer there! 

I looked away in disgust as I thought my striker had blown the chance of an equaliser only to see the flash of GOAL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2020 at 07:44, YouReds said:

Horrendous last minute own goal gifted me a share of the points.......

I am sure it's purely coincidental that this occurred in Italy ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me very much of this one from '88 in Norway.
If my memory serves me correctly, the goalie was going to throw the ball out to the left-back but changed his mind in, what turned out to be, a crucial moment.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...